Kat Von D's recording an album
October 5th, 2011

Kat Von D's recording an album

Like other reality stars before her, tattoo queen Kat Von D is itching to become a singer. E! News reports that the former “LA Ink” star is trying to transition to music.

The 29-year-old is already working on an album and assures fans that she has the background to go pro.

"I've been passionate about music all my life,” Kat says. “I've been playing classical piano since I was six. So I understand the form, but it will be fun to be able to translate a message."

Von D adds that with her creativity, a musical project should be a snap. "I think it's much like tattooing or the TV show...or my clothing line. All those things, they're just different outlets to be able to be creative. So music, I think it's going to be one of those things."

Plus, her TV series was canceled, so she'll have plenty of time to work in the studio.

The tattoo artist says her influences include Depeche Mode, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Metallica and The Cure.

Considering her recent split from fiancé Jesse James, it makes sense that Kat’s upcoming songs will be on the "dark, more tragically romantic" side.

Watch out, Jesse, she’s probably got plenty of songwriting material!

1. Tattoo

Hello my family member! I wish to say that this post is awesome, great written and come with approximately all vital infos. I would like to look more posts like this .

January 31, 2013 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Pharme620

Hello! kdgebdf interesting kdgebdf site! I'm really like it! Very, very kdgebdf good!

November 15, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  3. Pharma18

Hello! eeegabf interesting eeegabf site! I'm really like it! Very, very eeegabf good!

November 15, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. Anomic Office Drone

Face tattoos: never a good idea.

October 5, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. The Jack

Too much body art on this girl!

October 5, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. fernace

I kinda thought Kat VonD was a "boy", ya know, a reassignment like Chaz! These are the signs of the times! Nothing against her, but I don't see her voice translating to music no matter how great she is at piano! At least she has some sort of musical ability going in, as opposed to other reality "stars" like Kim Zolciak etc.! We'll know soon enough whether to laugh or cry, lol!!

October 5, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. JimmyP

I bet she will be better than most of you give her credit for...tattooing and music kinda go hand and hand. I’m not saying because you can tattoo means that you can sing or play in a band, but I'm sure she's had a lot of influences from tattooing famous musicians that would and could give her a hand and point her in the right direction for inspiration. Anyone with the heart and motivation can darn near accomplish anything they want. I guarantee one thing...she's going to better than bands like Limp Bisquick and other suk so called metal bands. Haters.

October 5, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Policeman

Her and Chaz Bono should do a duet of Endless Love...

October 5, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Andy

OMG !!! I just threw up in my mouth. You think it's gonna be a snap. I hope your album flops, like your relationships and your tv show. stick to what you know. Besides, with your raspy nasty little boy voice, nobody wants to hear it

October 5, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Louie

Here we go. Heavy metal with auto tune and a lot of crotch flashing. Wait, we have that. Beyonce, Ree Ree.......

October 5, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Beautiful Vixen

Seems everyone wants to be a singer these day. Maybe Jesse James can be her backup singer even though they broke up. I'm sure he would be quiet entertaining with his startled deer look staring out into the audience.

October 5, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. PortalPunk

Hey! I resemble that remark!

October 5, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  13. mashigina

uhh, anyone can make an album if you have enough cash. Basically, the more cash you have, the less talent you need in todays world. Disney does this with their new crop of tweens every couple of years. Autotune anyone? Personally, I think she will make some great music. Enough of the poppy, fake, annoying auto tune crap. Kat Von D + metal influences = black gold.

October 5, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • toxictown

Exactly. She is already a celebrity (or sorts) – that would be all a record company would care about. They can move some units on name recognition alone and throw away the rest. That's not being a musician – that's being a media celebrity. Two different things. She never had to work her way up playing crappy clubs to non-existant crowds. To paraphrase the line about W: '[her music career] will be born on 3rd base and she'll think she hit a triple'

October 5, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Pliny

Where's port-o-pottie and his 'firsty' nonsense?

You just know that this guy is a 375-lb, greasy-fingered, balding virgin if he thinks being 'firsty' is an accomplishment to brag about.

October 5, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. The Måd Råp3r

Playing piano doesn't mean you can cut an album. More gibberish to keep herself in the press.

October 5, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  16. one of the other trolls

Now all the singers with their own clothing line will want to branch out into tattooing. Stick with what you know. Especially if one of your influences is depeche mode.

October 5, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paco

Im thinking a spread in Hustler would be more like it!!

October 5, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yolanda Weiner

Better yet a Hustler spread called "Jesses girls" with Kat, BombShell, Sandra and the others. Sandra could be the ponyGirl forced to please all others then have Kat and BombShell licking and scissoring one another...YOW!!!

October 5, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |