Adele cancels U.S. tour dates
October 4th, 2011

Adele cancels U.S. tour dates

Stateside Adele fans were so close to seeing the Brit phenom live, but she's pulled the plug on a collection of U.S. tour dates once again.

A statement from her label says the "Someone Like You" crooner "has been forced to cancel her upcoming 10 city sold-out tour of the U.S. due to a hemorrhage into her vocal chord."

As you'll recall, Adele had to cancel earlier stops in the States due to laryngitis, but soon after rescheduled them.

According to her label, the singer was prepping to start her U.S. run on October 7 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, "when her illness reappeared." Doctors have instructed Adele to take "an extended rest period" so that she can get better.

More information about the cancellations will be received at a later date, the label says, adding that refunds can be received from where you purchased your tickets. The canceled dates include:

October 7        Atlantic City, NJ       Borgata Spa & Resort

October 8        Durham, NC              Durham Performing Arts Center

October 10      Nashville, TN            Ryman Auditorium

October 11      Asheville, NC            Thomas Wolfe Auditorium

October 13      Orlando, FL              Hard Rock Live

October 14      Miami, FL                Waterfront Theater at American Airlines Arena

October 16      Atlanta, GA              Fox Theatre

October 18      Spring, TX               Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion

October 19      Austin, TX               Frank Erwin Center

October 21      Grand Prairie, TX        Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie

The artist posted a lengthy post on her blog about her ongoing vocal problems, writing that she wanted to fully explain herself what she's been dealing with.

"Guys, im heartbroken and worried to tell you that yet again im experiencing problems with my voice. its ridiculous i know! i cant believe it myself. i follow all the advice im given and stick to regimes, rules and practices to the best of my ability but it seems to simply not be enough," she writes.

She continues, "My voice is weak and i need to build it back up....i will be back and im gonna smash the ball out the park once im touring again. i apologise from the bottom of my heart, sincerely i do. i know its not only disappointing because of the show, but its plane tickets, hotel bookings, birthdays, anniversaries and time wasted. but please have faith in me that this is the only thing i can do to make sure i can always sing and always make music for you to the best of my ability."

Filed under: Music

1. backlink

Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long are you blogging with regard to? you make blogging seem easy. The overall look of your site is incredible, also as the content material! backlink http://fiverr.com/twnseobacklink

April 24, 2013 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cursos de android

Tremendous things here. I'm very satisfied to see your post. Thanks a lot and I'm looking forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

July 14, 2012 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
  3. academia idiomas

I've learn a few just right stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much attempt you put to create one of these wonderful informative website.

July 13, 2012 at 4:15 am | Report abuse |
  4. tuzlu kurabiye tarifleri

I've been browsing on-line more than 3 hours today, but I by no means found any fascinating article like yours. It's beautiful price enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you probably did, the internet will likely be much more helpful than ever before.

July 5, 2012 at 3:57 am | Report abuse |
  5. seo marketing companies

Great points altogether, you simply received a emblem new reader. What could you suggest about your publish that you simply made some days ago? Any certain?

July 3, 2012 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  6. Kim fan

adele is so HOT!!!

November 2, 2011 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. tuffyLuvvy

The only reason Adele is popular is that she is fat and most people (in the US, anyway) are fat so she has a lot fat fans who identify with her fattiness.

October 25, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. tuffyLuvvy

It's no wonder her throat has hemorrhaged after all the food she has stuffed down it.

October 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Michelle White Lafitte, T.V. News AnchorName*

Adele, I feel your pain and torment. Remember Jeremiah 29:11. God has plans prosper you further, not harm you and HE has a purpose for your life. I stand on that. Amen.

October 18, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. teresa

WISH YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY,
    ROCK ON

October 17, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. aceofhearts

MrDifficult have you finally given up on getting polished? Rather daunting task.

October 17, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. tanya

I relly love Adael.She is the best.My favorite 2 songs are- Rolling in the deep & Some one like you . She has a melody in her voice"ADAEL" 4ever!

October 16, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  13. mark

It wouldnt be for th reason americans are rude an judgemental. if youre not 5 10 blonde hair fake boobs an th weight of a minor. she wants no part of th US....

October 14, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. yike

Hey adele is my fav really everyone needs to stop talkin junk because half of yall dont know her situation and what she has to go through and the last thing she needs is ten people filling up three pages on ther thought about her life. so stop messin with adele

October 14, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jenova

Wow. So many hateful comments... I like her because she is different. She isn't a size zero, half dressed, singing nonsense while shaking her money maker in front of a camera. I adore her for that!

October 14, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  16. louissgirl

Adele is fabulous, beautiful and talented! I own with her cds and love every song she sings. You people who bag on her for her weight and her smoking, you are just jealous because you don't have her talent! I live you Adele and hope you get well soon! I will always be a true fan and will wait for for you to get better!

October 14, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  17. sherlene

Its really sad how ppl would say such things about a very well talented singer . she's not the only singer to experience vocal issues . n what does her looks or weight have anything to do with her voice right about now . so just have faith that she'll be well in no time . ps i hope u feel better :)

October 13, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  18. rod

She probably had a chickenbone lodged in her throat again.dumb fata55!

October 13, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Adele fan

So many haters of Adele, yet her album 21 has not left the top 3 of Billboard's Hot 200 album chart since March, and her album debut at number 1 at full selling price unlike Lady Gaga's 99c priced CD! Some of you people don't know real music if it bit you in the ass...

October 13, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  20. blue_shift

The only way to make up for this is if they play her more often on the radio. Say every 20mins instead of the normal 25.

October 12, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  21. amanda

To all the people who who say adele is fat is out there damn mind. what does that have to do with her singing? aretha franklin is also a lil on the plump side i don.t see her havin a problem. adele is one of the most talented artist of this decade....I think shes beautiful and her music touches ur soul ......there is alot more followers than haters so keep spreading ur angelic voice and take ur time ur true fans wish u well and are looking forward to ur return........ur #1 fan

October 12, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. alli

look. i love adele, and i`m not backing her up because of it either.but all the people raggin on her and trying to bring her down, come on now !! shes a millionaire and an amazing singer with a huge selling album and millions of fans including me !!.if the case was that she sucked and that all of you say u can sing or sing better, then why arn`t you up there?? she can`t help if her vocal chords are screwing up. u try goin on tour and singing almost everynight if not everynight for more than an hour and a half non stop !! im almost ccertain She isnt loosing fans from it either, cause clearly in the comments theyre all supporting her.. seriously though, if u dont like her dont sit there and hate, everyone has their own opinions, yeah. but u have gott to have sommething better to do with you r time than raggin on her.. just saying...

October 12, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  23. jon

what a bunch of haters! She has a beautiful voice and is an awesome writer.How many of you have recording contracts? thought so...

October 12, 2011 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  24. adelefan

My family loves adele. we wish you the best recovery from Texas!!!! and fyi: God created us all in different shapes and sizes so were not ugly people were Polished People....btw Adele we welcome you to Wichita Falls, Texas....like they say every thing is BIGGER!!! IN TX...MEANING OUR HEARTS....Big Fan

October 11, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Beulah

Yeah. What she said.

October 11, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  26. donna

U ppl on here judging is wrong. Adele has a beautiful body, and voice. Stop hating and give her a chance if u know faith hill it happend to her too. It happens to a lot of singers not because she smokes or because shes heavy. Her throat is messed up cause they keep her going none stop and shes trying to keep her fans happy. Im very pleased with her and shes amazing. Im one of her biggest fan and i have faith that she will blow every one away. So stop being jealous. Get well soon girl.

October 10, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  27. and

Get over it guys it happens. stop being such jerks. i love you adele no matter what they say.

October 10, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  28. GlowP

Such Hatred? What did this younglady ever do to the folks with such mean things 2 say?|| Wow!? If you don't sing for a living, then you don't know the toll it takes on you! As well, a raspy voice works a lot harder! No one forces any of you negative mamby pambies to buy or listen! remember, free country! keep your hatred home, you miserable fukas! adele darling, rest and get better! your fans will await!

October 10, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  29. grant

Ithink your music is great and keep it up.

October 10, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  30. seriously?

I just love how so many of you say you are singers. Seems to me that you must be horrible at it because you are not famous. She knows what to do with her voice and what she shouldnt be doing. Shes a multi-millionaire and the record company knows this. Just because you sing in the shower doesnt make you a singer. Adele has a great original voice. Trash the voice, save the voice, makes no difference because you could of had it all.

October 10, 2011 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  31. uh-yeah

She has a great voice. Im not upset she cancelled the tour. She is peaceful to listen to but so hard to stare at. I rather hear her on the radio. BBW fail

October 10, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  32. Jeff

May you receive more well wishes and a
    full recovery! You have entertained and given
    Joy to many with your gift...

God bless you...

October 10, 2011 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  33. Ray

get well soon, Adele, your only human, even the best artist get sick.

October 10, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  34. sam

look, if ur not a fan dont comment ! her voice is beautiful the way it is and if your a hater leaver those horrible comments somewheres else !

October 9, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  35. Matt

I love how people bash her down when she's the only person on popular radio who actually puts out genuine MUSIC and has a genuine VOICE.

October 8, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  36. sam

Look, adele is a great singer but doing this is taking her fans away and you know what i agree with tammy the other person who commented and the mother of four which also commented but anyway adele , stop it !!! you sing well but i think your pusing your vocal cords to create that sound and that leads to a what was it called again? oh. yeah. a herronage ! who agrees???

October 8, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Tammy

who cares? she wrote 21 drunk she's a joss stone\janis joplin wannabe the more shows she cancels the more people will see she is just a drunk who got lucky with this album she cant sing anyways no big loss there she sounds like a conistpated cow

October 7, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  38. sam (dallas)

really adele , i love your music but doing this is kinda Hurting YoUR carrer as a singer and now i truly believe that your fans are gonna be lowering down and im only nine and it hurts my feelings to see you have to read all of these horrible and good comments but i bet they are all TRuE!!!!

October 7, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  39. viviana herrera

you all are haters she's awesome and it is not true poopoohead

October 7, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  40. jamesnyc

Don't know much about her but I have studied voice extensively. Weight isn't a problem smoking doesn't help either but after I took the time to listen to an excerpt of her speaking and singing on Y-tube, her problem is her technique. While her compositions are good and she is an expressive singer, I think she speaks and sings in a forced lower register which will definitely trash her voice. I think she uses the smoking to give her voice a rougher texture but I also hear a vocal "fry" which can be reaaaly bad for your vocal chords. If she reviews her technique, I think she should be fine.

October 6, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  41. frankbear

Adele will quit smoking and lose weight when she can accept both. Telling her to quit smoking and eating will not do any good. Strange how your body tells you that you need to do something different but we won't listen til it is too late! I absolutely love her voice and hope she gets better soon.

October 6, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  42. g

It's a shame that she is going through such a tough time right now. However, if I was Adele coming to the United States, I think I would be cancelling my tour as well. Especially after reading such hurtful comments – shame on you America. Who gives you the right to say what is attractive and what isn't. You MUST be preaching your own insecurities to be saying such hurtful things. Adele is obviously doing something right, considering she is making way more money than any of you shallow minded individuals. Good for her that she refuses to change – she loves herself. America – such a lemming.

October 6, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  43. Jenickki

I sorta have to agree with the people on here that stated she needs a good vocal coach. I, like the others, am a singer and have been for many years singing all kinds of varied music. When the voice is not warmed up properly and is abused by improper use, the chords will fail and believe me...they will let you know if you don't stop (hence the hemmorage...it's the chords way of saying...you won't listen, we will make you). (There is only so much Brandy & Robutosin that can clear pain and phlem)
    I love this lady. She blows me away; but that much wear and tear day in and day out without downtime is painful.
    I wish her a speedy recovery and I also wish her knowledge to not let others tell her what she can and can not do with her own vocal chords.
    Oh, and that fact that she is comfie with who she is...ROCK ON!!

October 6, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  44. Steve-O

Her computer loaded with Auto-Tune crashed.

October 6, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  45. Moe Smith

oh... darn.

dont get to listen to yet another woman sing a self-righteous break-up song. crud.

October 6, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  46. who cares

I wondered what happened to Mimi after the Drew Carey Show ended....

October 6, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  47. Look Back to Classic Vocal Exercise Books

Look up Sir Morell Mackenzie, and books such as: Philosophy of Voice, Voice as an Instrument, Voice and Nerve Control.

Best wishes.

October 5, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  48. sue

Get better soon. SEE YOU STATESIDE when you are well. Kindest regards and wishes for speedy health recovery. S. Gallagher Michigan

October 5, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Chad

After having read a lot of the comments, I just want to point out that the article states the cancellations are due to a hemorrhage in the vocal cords. This kind of injury is fairly common among singers, public speakers, teachers, and anyone else who routinely uses a louder-than-normal voice to communicate with. If you don't take the necessary time to recuperate from the injury, it could worsen to the point where surgery is required.

The most professional decision Adele could make for her future right now would be to take plenty of time off and recuperate her voice.

October 5, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Stay in School

She use this time off to learn how to use apostrophes, especially for contractions and capital letters. This lowing of the world's education is going too far.

October 5, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stay in School

And I should at least check the beginnings of my sentences.

October 5, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  51. jaimie

QUIT SMOKING!!! I will NEVER understand it. smells like crap, could end up killing you and hurts your career. WHY KEEP SMOKING?! HOLY CRAP!

October 5, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  52. TheMann

Who canceled..This big article for someone who has like prob 3 fans

October 5, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Tina

Some of these comments are comical, though I'm sure that's not their intent. The best comical statement? Retro look with the big lashes can make you look fat. hahahahaahhaha, ooooh boy, that was a good laugh. I love Adele's voice AND I think she's pretty. Hope she gets well soon.

October 5, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Danni

Feel better adele. Im a singer myself and i understand vocal problems due to allergies but vocal hemmorrhaging that's really serious. take yourself sometime to heal

October 5, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Bono is the record

I hate one-named performers.

October 5, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  56. duh

Hmmmmm maybe she should I don't know...QUIT CHAIN SMOKING

October 5, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  57. kimber

Aw Adele, get well soon!!!!!!!! From a family of fans.......we all love you, think you are beautiful, and love, love, love your music! One of the best sounds of a generation.

October 5, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  58. se

anybody notice how big her hands are? Just saying , they're pretty big

October 5, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  59. Hell Atlantic

that's ok, when i want to watch one of his movies i get it for free off torrent and the money i save goes towards my kids. everyone wins.

October 5, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  60. Hell Atlantic

Not for nothing, but if she has this tremendous stage fright then she's probably not a good candidate for this profession. that's like a doctor who gets the shakes when he sees blood. any good singer can sound good in a studio, not everyone can be a good singer in front of thousands of people. she should just be a recording artist. not like people have money to buy tickets anymore these days.

October 5, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • SmartBlondie

Take a peek at the Youtube video of her performing Someone Like You at the Brit Awards. Stage fright is not her problem. Poor management and abuse of her talent is what is happening. You can't belt every weekend and expect no damage from it.

October 5, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  61. We'll be fine

Nevermind we'll find, someone like you... to replace you.

October 5, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  62. CallaLalla

She can't sing. She yells, and she looks like a hippo. Next!

October 5, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  63. John

I'm sure her smoking is the main reason for all of the vocal problems she's been having, but honestly I feel like smoking might give her that jazzy amazing sound she has. I wonder if quitting would adversely affect the tone of her voice? Any fan she loses by cancelling a tour due to health reasons is not a true fan. I GOT YO BACK FOREVA GOURRRLL!!

October 5, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
    • SmartBlondie

That 'jazzy amazing sound" you hear from singers who smoke is 100% dur to scar tissue on their vocal chords. Eventually they will end up sounding like Billie Holiday at her worst, almost unable to get a sound out. This is also a precursor in some cases to esophageal cancer. I'll take a clear voice, thank you. If I want to sound jazzy I will show up for the gig after partying all night and with two hours of sleep. It works every time. If I take care of myself, I can sing an aria the next day with my healthy clear voice. No need to smoke, so please don't encourage young singers to think it's a good idea.

October 5, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  64. winglets

could be,but she dosent have the blended winglets at the corners of her eyes.

October 5, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  65. dustmooooop

the next winehouse...???

October 5, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  66. dustmop

im crushed.

October 5, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  67. Learn

Adele is apparently singing incorrectly. She should learn to sing.

October 5, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Smart Blondie

To the uninformed who are criticizing her singing technique, even people with perfect form can damage vocal chords when they are forced to sing every day, and belt it out every weekend on demand. Exhaustion, allergies, and certainly smoking can all aggravate this. Listen to Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, and Alicia Keys now, vs. when they started and you will witness the damage that happens. The best treatment is to not sing at all for a singificant period of time, then slowly build back up, while also minimizing the amount of singing. I have been through this, and although my voice will never be the same, it is much better now. I will never again sing with a band that is too loud, sing too high for my voice, or belt notes that hurt. It's not worth it. I hope Adele heals, and learns to pamper her precious gift. Never let the bosses dictate how often you sing!

October 5, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Denese

I'm not a fan either. She can really belt out a song, but her scratchy, raspy, screechy voice sets me on edge.

October 5, 2011 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  69. Carol

I love Adele and hope she gets better. I want her to have a long career. When is she going to come to Canada? Come to the Saint John Harbor Station in New Brunswick Adele and we will show you a great audience.

October 5, 2011 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  70. deb

She's a talented singer but it's odd about canceling a US tour again....crying wolf will leave her with empty stadium seats if she ever does perform live here.

October 5, 2011 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  71. DJC2

While some hate, others bank. I sincerely doubt Adele is reading this forum and staring at lightbulbs going off over her head. A vocal coach for drag queens is not a reputable source today or even tomorrow. I'm with team Adele. I love the entire concept, voice, and talent she has brought into my life. You haters out there will still be broke with nothing else to do while you wait for your next customer at Starbucks when she returns, tours, and conquers. It's very sad and pitiful that people who hate have all this free time. Shouldn't you be putting together a demo? Rehearsing? Recording? Writing?

October 5, 2011 at 6:06 am | Report abuse |
  72. while you were sleeping

I would love to take a twinkie or two n shove them in her fat face. jsut smush them right on there. get some up the nose to.

October 5, 2011 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  73. jon

stop smoking Adele.

stop rescheduling dates and get well for good.

Otherwise your fans will flock to the Next Rising Star artist.

October 5, 2011 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  74. frankie

She is not my type but i like that one song.

October 5, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  75. Kirk

Who??

October 5, 2011 at 2:36 am | Report abuse |
  76. Hungry Man

@elle- i'll make u sound like a dying sheep if u get my drift. in fact i can make u a scream like a pig. this thing needs to lose weight!! she is moose

October 5, 2011 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  77. Paul

Adele's voice is unique but it's delicate/fragile as well as powerful, the way she uses it to create certain inflections and tones. She sings from the throat as well as from the chest. It is a similar situation to Stevie Nicks in the late 1970s. Stevie sang every night in a way that punished her voice, and she had to keep touring with Fleetwood Mac; there was a whole band involved. Her voice was permanently damaged during the Rumours tour and then its range and tone deteriorated further in the 80s/90s with her drug problems and continued cigarette smoking. Adele should take the time she needs to learn how to be a singer who can sing for decades to come. And quit smoking ASAP.

October 5, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  78. Smith

I can care less about these discussions of her singing correctly or not correctly, seriously....this is the freaking second time shes cancelled on me...last time i will ever buy a concert ticket for her again....second time....with only a weeks notice...find it unbelievable since on Sept. 27 she had a concert and sounded absolutely perfect.

P.S...stop smoking...she was seen smoking with lady gaga at the VMA!!!

October 5, 2011 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  79. MoreTwinkies

Freakin pig. Lose some weight, put down the smokes and take better care of the gift of life and voice you've been given.

October 5, 2011 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  80. watever

huh? neverheard of this fatty before..

October 5, 2011 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
  81. elle

I think her song is terrible and sound like a dying sheep. I actually get up to turn off the radio if it comes on.
    Ugg. try to sing something cheerful when you feel better

October 5, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  82. 1llest

I love how everyone is going crazy, calling some of the people that commented incentive. People this is the real world, people don' feel bad for you. Please go back to middle school, if you cannot handle the truth. The truth is she is fat, yes she is overweighted and she is a heavy smoker. Not only that she needs to learn how to properly use her voice, like everyone is saying. Now she should get healthy, by stop smoking and stop eating so much.

October 5, 2011 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  83. PGelsman

Who?

October 5, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  84. Lany Holmes

@Keith maybe you couldn't see yourself with Adele but a lot of men good looking men find her very attractive.Just a i'll bet you're no brad Pitt.

October 5, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  85. Keith

How on earth can any man want 2 f*(k something that big n fat!

October 5, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Chubby Chaser

That's exactly why Some Guys do, Because Other guys dont, and since that is the case Fat Girls are Tighter and not all Worn Out and stretched out.

October 5, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  86. Susan

I seriously don't see what anyone sees in her, I don't like her voice at all. Quite surprised she is as popular as she is, that U.S. has been waiting for her. Huh.

October 5, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Raye

Thank you. At least there is one other person in the world who shares this opinion!!! I thought I was the only one in the world who didn't care for her music.

October 5, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • helpfulT

'set fire to the rain' is one of the best lyrics, set to some of the finest music, to come along in the last few years.
      adele's vocal performance on 'rain' – as on most of her recordings – is superb. she really defines what singer/songwriters are all about – wearing your emotions on your sleeve. it's important to remember that she writes these songs HERSELF. this isn't an Idol – this is an artist. you don't have to 'get it' – but you should be able to recognise her talent and respect it. she makes the world a richer place.

October 7, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  87. paul ny

wow some of you people posting on here are disgusting. It is a shame your parents failed at raising you properly.

October 5, 2011 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  88. bob

Nooo adeleeeeee. Her music makes my soul shudder with warmth amazing talent may God watch over her and heal her . Its my dream to see her. And why are so many people saying she needs to lose weight she is beautiful. and like she said she makes music for the ear not the eyes. Society makes me sick sometimes i hope God destroys us all already .

October 5, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  89. Kat

People who are hating on Adele probably have never listened to her stuff. It doesn't matter what size you are to have awesome vocals. and she isn't "fat". she's a bit bigger, but everyone not a size 2 is considered fat so that's like half of the u.s probably. By hating on her because she isn't twiggy just shows how ugly your personality is.

October 5, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  90. Jason2135

Does anyone really care about this hag?? (Save your dignity - don't respond)

October 4, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Maurice

Yeah just keep on smokin those cancer sticks and you'll be soon sounding like post 70's Bob Dylan.

October 4, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Roger '80

Talented and beautiful please take care of yourself.

October 4, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  93. CNNsucks

Cnn says they don't prescreen comments. Yet my previous comment hasn't posted yet. Ridiculous. If you're just going to censure your readers don't even offer the "opportunity" to comment. No wonder I don't watch your newscasts anymore...

October 4, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Jamie

Canceling due to illness is understandable, however double cancelations are hard to understand.

Many of the now re-canceled dates (for example, the Nashville show @ the Ryman) were originally scheduled for back in June. They were canceled, rescheduled, and canceled again.

Unless she was completely, 100% certain that she would be healthy, she never should have rescheduled those dates from back in June.

October 4, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  95. robin g

Adele- You rock anyway! You will be back better than before. Things happen. You will be a better you when you return.

October 4, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Larry

I heard that HPV has been wreaking havoc on people's throats recently. Maybe Adele should take heed.

October 4, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  97. saftgek

And, precisely what is an Adele? Another pretender to the music industry?

October 4, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  98. carol

I have spent over $1000....just bought an AIRPLANE ticket less than 24 hours ago to be able to go to her rescheduled now once again canceled concert, made arrangements to have someone cover my classes since I teach college...Originally, this was to be a VERY special birthday gift from my husband to me....I am DONE...and out over $1000...it really just does not matter if she even sings out of her right eyebrow to me anymore...

October 4, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • apparently cynical

Don't worry..you won't have to reschedule your flight and you'll be able to see her at your local HUGE arena when they reschedule her again...trust me

October 4, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Zwei Stein

After lengthy discussion and weighing all the factors, we arrived at a consensus. We felt it was in the best interest for all involved to cancel at this time.

October 4, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  100. martin

Adele deserves every happiness. She was kind enough to send pictures of her and Sting to wickedimproper . com with her new iPhone 5.

October 4, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  101. John

While it is bad news- I'll still wait.. was suppose to go on the 19th here in Austin, TX-Oh well, get better Adele

October 4, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Susan

do what you need to do Adele, I will wait, it's worth it. Don't listen to the haters! Take care of yourself and get better.

Susan

October 4, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  103. nu-kid

She's not gone AWOL with that guy again; you know she canceled "An Evening with Adele" world tour which began in May 2008 and ended in June 2009. She later cancelled the 2008 US tour dates to be with a former boyfriend. She said in Nylon magazine in June 2009, "I was drinking far too much and that was kind of the basis of my relationship with this boy. I couldn't bear to be without him, so I was like, 'Well, OK, I'll just cancel my stuff then... I can't believe I did that... It seems so ungrateful".
    Sweet what money can do, isn't it ...

October 4, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  104. intellectual guy

I heard she eats doo doo and is a poo poo head.

October 4, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  105. BeverClever

Never mind, I'll find someone like you.....

October 4, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  106. bubbabalooga

Did she have a heart attack from consuming too many donuts (in one sitting)?

October 4, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Cornell

the fact of the mattter is that she is rich and we are not and we post our stupid opinions on forums 10x more than her and other rich people. i wonder why. its crazy cause even on facebook i notice the underachievers post a lot more than people who actually have their stuff together.

October 4, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Newsy

Laura. You're not big on reading the earlier comments are you? MC got it right.

October 4, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  109. MC

When will Obama stop derailing pop star tours with his muslim socialism??? He's not even a US citizen! I have a nice foil hat! Foam rubber needs salt! The bears can smell us! Thank you.

October 4, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laura D

You realize just how crazy you sound, right?

October 4, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • CORNELL

WOW, what does obama have to do with adele?

October 4, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Monica

You know, sometimes, you have to take a break. Seriously... When commenting on an article about a sick pop-star, you can give it a rest. But other than that, oh my gosh, that was like so so funny, I laughed like so so hard, you are like so witty!

October 4, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elaien

You three responders didn't see the irony? What the hell is the matter with you all? MC, I thought that was a VERY funny post!

October 5, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Newsy

You people are much more fun than the idiots in the politics section.

October 4, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  111. John B

Who????

October 4, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • nu-kid

Adele. Her name is Adele.

October 4, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • saftgek

Excellent question! Adele is an absolute "Who?" Amazing where alleged talent comes from in this world. Probably another "American Idol" talent or other invalid source!

October 4, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Mark

Get Well Adele

October 4, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Not Fat

Last time she did this, tickets for the rescheduled dates were TEN TIMES MORE than the cancelled dates. Things that make you go Hmmmm....

October 4, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Sokman

A haircut has nothing to do with the roundness of your body either, but can make a person's face look fuller so yeah, I get ya dude.

October 4, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Danielle

*CNN* it's VOCAL "CORD" NOT vocal "chord"....................

October 4, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

Thank you, Danielle. Editing is NOT a dead art.

October 4, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Monica

He he, this is a second article I read with this kind of error on CNN today – and I've read 4. Plus their headlines are 90% of time misleading. They need to stop being so cheap and have real editors working, not 18-year-old interns.

October 4, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • nu-kid

Thank you Ed for pointing out to Danielle that editing is not a dead art. You need to say something to Monica though, I don't think she sounds very happy.

October 4, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  116. denman25

she could've had it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll

October 4, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Spockjr

It seems like the first time she did this all the shows got re-scheduled into bigger venues/arenas versus the clubs/theaters that were scheduled. Gotta wonder if this isn't just a way to get re-booked into bigger venues now that her popularity has soared since orignially booking these dates in the States...

October 4, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fiona

Cynic!

October 4, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Texas Annie

Yeah, sure, that's it, dolt !!! Get a life.

October 4, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Spockjr

I have a life – and it's not slamm'n people on a post cause they have a different perspective than you. But I'm sure you're right, Adele is such a pure artiste she wouldn't do anything so devious has cancel shows and re-book just for more money – what was I thinking – duh...

October 4, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • question

Are you sure you can handle this type of information?

October 4, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

She has said in interviews that she does not like larger venues and certainly will not do stadiums or festivals of any sort. They make her nervous. She also said she'd rather be with her friends drinking cider. I assumed she meant hard cider, but I don't know. One interview included a statement about her management setting aside dates for her in case she wanted to do some festivals. She said her response to the suggestion was, "Are you out of your mind? Never!"

I hope she gets better and gets back to making music, but it appears it will be on her terms and not left up to the management types.

October 5, 2011 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  118. the_dude

IMHO big girls don't look good with that type of "retro" look. The old style hair and over-done eye lashes just make you look fatter.

October 4, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • heliocracy

That much is certain.

October 4, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • tenayaj

Well, in my honest opinion, that is a shallow comment to make. Please, refrain from being rude. The article is about her vocal chords, not her style.

October 4, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Missy

Did you really say that her eyelashes make her look fatter??? What a complete idiot. Your eyelashes have nothing to do with the roundness of your body. MORON

October 4, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Texas Annie

I agree with tenayaj's comment.

October 4, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • sniftty

who cares what she looks like? The singing is what is important

October 4, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Find the Source

I had the same problem with my singing voice and the first Dr. said "Rest, Rest, Rest." It only came back worse when I started singing again. It wasn't until I got a 2nd opinion and on the verge of vocal node surgery, that I was sent to a speech pathologist. They learned that my everyday speaking voice was to blame for my nodes. After learning to speak properly, the nodes started to disappear. If they are only telling her to rest and pumping her full of corticosteroids for inflammation, I'm not surprised it happened again. She has to figure out if her speaking or singing is causing her issue and why. Plus, if they giver her advice, she HAS to follow it WHOLEHEARTEDLY or she will never heal and could lose her career for good.

October 4, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Fiona

She must not be singing correctly, to injure herself that way. You can destroy your voice by pushing it too hard.

October 4, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Kay

Considering that she shouts all of her "high" notes, it is not surprising that she is having vocal problem. Sorry. Not a fan...especially after hearing her live and she was flat for most of the song. However, I still wish her a speedy recovery for her sake.

October 4, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesse

An envious, back-handed compliment served up to a mega star talent from another anonymous wannabe in the ether. Put her down, then wish her well. Hilarious. Sad for you, but hilarious nonetheless.

October 4, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fiona

It's not unusual for singers to be "off" in large concert venues. If the sound engineers haven't rigged it so she can hear herself well, she may never find her level. Maybe she's better suited to the studio and small clubs?

October 4, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • S

No. Many singers have a tendency to yell when they're trying to hit notes they are uncomfortable with. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference, but it exists. Also, the album version is almost always going to be more perfect than the live version. I don't know about Adele, but there are many singers whose voices get "touched up" a bit in the studio.

October 4, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Monica

Jesse, you need to take some time to mature. Someone saying they're "not a fan" is hardly an insult. It's nice that she wishes her the best anyway – you are the one who's being rude and disrespectful, not Kay.. I like two songs by Adele so far, other ones really annoy me. And I also noticed that her voice just goes up and down in volume, her range is very small. But her sound is still unique and that's what does it for me, at least in those two songs. I also hope she figures out her issues, singers can improve with time, and I'm looking forward to what else she can do.

October 4, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rachel

@S Adele sounds EXACTLY the same live as she does on her album, that's part of the reason why she's so famous.

October 4, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • eriklad

Well,if you're not a fan...then why post a comment? If wishing her well..then just do that...and leave the negative issues somewhere else.

October 5, 2011 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Lady

I think you are a sad person. If you have nothing nice to say then get off of her page. I'd like to see you do and endure what she goes through. Don't talk unless you have walked in her shoes. Oh and btw I have heard her sing live and she is amazing, maybe your hearing should be checked.

October 5, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  122. fernace

As a singer I can just about guarantee shes not singing correctly! She needs a good vocal coach who can show her the difference between singing from the throat (which could cause hemorraging)& singing from the diaphragm! It's easy to know if you're doing it right, just put a hand on your upper belly & sing! If you can feel the air being pushed from that area, you're doing it right! Another thing is getting "nerves" singing infront of such large arenas! Nerves (aka. stage fright) can make you tense & "lock up"vocal chords! That can also cause a person to sing incorrectly & force things! I agree that she needs to get to the bottom of the problem while taking a sabbatical! Most artist need to tour to back their albums! Very few get away with being recording artists only!!

October 4, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kay

You nailed it...plus she's singing way out of her "chest voice" range and that's where the problem is. Get a good vocal coach, Adele!

October 4, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

You're telling this superstar recording artist how to properly use her voice? Essentially how to sing? You don't think she doesn't have an army of handlers, extremely well paid experts, guiding her along her career? Wow, what a monster sense of self-importance you have, little-f fernace.

October 4, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • justin

I'm with John on this one. She graduated from The BRIT School for Performing Arts & Technology. She was admitted based on her singing ability. She worked with voice coaches on a daily basis. Based on that fact, she sounds amazing, and she can hold a note so long, she knows how to sing properly. The problem that happens to almost every major star is they are singing all day every day and it damages the throat. And she probably needs to quit smoking cigarettes!

October 4, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • S

Its probably a combination of all of those things. Even if you're properly taught how to sing its easy to get locked into little habits when you're still producing the sound you want. That on top of any amount of stress and overworking your pipes just sucks.

October 4, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Monica

Did you guys not hear her say what a horrible stage fright she has? She spoke about it a number of times, she's apparently terrified before signing in front of an audience. No amount of coaching or great schooling is going to cure you from that, I totally feel for her. When I read this headline I automatically thought she's just too scared, I don't say it in a mean way, I understand it completely, but mind is a powerful thing, she's making herself sick – perhaps subconsciously. She needs a shrink more than anything else.. Good luck Adele, you can do it!

October 4, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • cg

Sorry, John and Justin. The singers are right on this one. I AM a vocal instructor, and I am not at all surprised by this. Just because she graduated from a performing arts school and has handlers and coaches means nothing...these people are out for the money she makes them. I can tell by listening that, though her voice is pleasing to the ear, she's ruining it. She's forcing her chest voice too high, and it's causing paralysis of the vocal folds, leading to what was that? Oh yes. A hemorrhage.

October 4, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe D'

The REASON she's so popular is because she doesn't sing "correctly." I'm so over the interchangeable female contraltos out there- who try to get as many notes in. It's not about how you sing scales... it's singing from your soul- Aretha/Janis Joplin/Lucinda Williams/Joni Mitchell/Sade

October 4, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • cris

Adele is no Celine Dion!

October 5, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • shannon

if everyone on here knows everything there is to know about singing and is a great singer where is your album, have you ever done show after show interview after interview with probably little to no sleep? do you know the kind of stress that has on your body, wait no you wouldn't know cuz the only singing you do is in your car or shower.... get over yourselves and stop picking your flaws out in someone else.

October 9, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  123. hb

My advice. Take enough time off. Go to a healer. Consider acupuncture or other alternative medical practices. It could be a result of your fear of performing. Deal with it and get back on tour and make another album. DO NOT SMOKE!

October 4, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Anna

too much smoking

October 4, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Joe

Chill people, things happen. But it's not a real US tour anyway since my hometown NYC is not included.

October 4, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cornell

i feel you on that and im not from nyc.

October 4, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • anon

There WAS a nyc stop at the beginning of the tour, it was one of the few dates she was able to play. It was May 21st-ish.

October 5, 2011 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
    • EvalPP

New Yorkers have now resorted to scanning through Adele tour dates and whining about a tour not being about them because they don't see their wonderful city listed? Guess it's the City that Never Sleeps because they lose sleep over finding new reasons to whine...and complain...about EVERYTHING LOL

October 5, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  126. LK2

Maybe she should take an extended leave so she can really heal. Continually canceling her shows is not going to help her popularity. It's not her fault, but pretty soon, people will stop buying tickets for fear of canceling again. Take six months off, and REALLY cure yourself Adele! Otherwise, you can say "bye-bye" to your fans. They won't trust you anymore.

October 4, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • apdelga

What does being overweight have anything to do with it? SHAME ON ALL OF YOU PRAYYOU NEVER GAIN WEIGHT

October 4, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • AmyJ

She needs to quit chain smoking!!!!!! She is still smoking, she had an interview recently a couple of weeks ago with a British tv station and she was smoking the whole way through.

October 4, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Turns out that no one cares if she's touring or not....

Guess the whole chain smoking program doesn't work too well after all. It's so weird that the body rejects poisonous chemicals when you smoke. So strange. You would think the human body would embrace those chemicals. Makes all the sense in the world to smoke when you are a musician. I too would risk my professional career by smoking. Who wouldn't?

October 4, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHASE

I love her voice!!! Any who has issues with her weight or what ever else need to check their own lifestyle. There is no reason to be rude to someone you do not know and if you do know them, again there is no reason to be rude or hurtful. OH wait....... Is that called bullying...HUM I THINK SO.

October 5, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
    • KLS

Perhaps she has allergies and is driven to backout when she really would rather see and be seen in America.

October 5, 2011 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Botherboy

Six months off sounds just about right. Relax, heal, write. Quitting smoking is VERY hard (I know) but it can be done. Adele is not the only smoking singer, but she is smoking FABULOUS!

October 5, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
    • MrDifficult

Uh.... neither the original comment nor any of the responses negatively mentioned her weight. Sounds like some guilty conciences need to get off the internet and on a treadmill. That said, the chick could stand to lose weight and quit smoking. Then again, who cares? Just another Winehouse heel-biter, whose wave of popularity is already waning. Stupid not to have taken full advantage of it.

October 5, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • MrDifficult

I take it back about the weight and smoking. You can't polish a turd.

October 5, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Ray from Austin, TX

What do you mean "It's not her fault." If she isn't responsible for her own health then who is? She's a professional singer. Part of her job is to do what she needs to do to stay healthy and keep her commitments.

October 5, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • To Mr Difficult

Sure you can – you just have to freeze it first

October 6, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Coleen

With some of these provided screen names what would you expect but a shallow comment about a great singer's weight or something else unrelated and shallow. Adele was on the top of the British charts for longer than Madonna. You would need a good vocal coach before she would because you are probably not as famous. Obviously never watched opera. I have tried to do Adele's songs in Karaoke and her songs are very difficult to do and many of them are at the top of my range. I can also figure that the key is not the easiest for her to hit. All one would need to do is travel and have an allergy attack or URI like bronchitis to cause a vocal strain and not be able to sing her music.

October 6, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  127. yeah...

No, I'll call you an idiot.

October 4, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  128. question

Are you sure? I don't feel that bloody liberal!!

October 4, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  129. theresa

seek help

October 4, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  130. theresa

you also, seek help!!!

October 4, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  131. cla2112

I'm not a big fan of this genre of music, but Adele has something special. She has an amazing voice and sings like someone much older, something lacking in today's music. (I bought "21" after hearing "Someone Like You") .What's her weight got to do with anything? Some of the "haters" want her to look like Lady Gaga or Katy Perry, I guess that would make her a better artist. Stop being so shallow. I hope she gets better, she needs the proper rest and treatment, then I'm sure her performances will be well worth the wait.

October 5, 2011 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  132. jon

hell yes! I'd rather having her record new material than touring.

October 12, 2011 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |