Today's news you might've missed:
- SBNation.com's reporting that Madonna will perform during the next Super Bowl halftime show, but her rep is a little more cautious, telling CNN that there's "nothing to confirm at this time." Fun fact from CNN senior entertainment producer Denise Quan: A female solo artist has not headlined the Super Bowl's halftime show since 2004, when Janet Jackson had that "wardrobe malfunction." The only other female artist to grace the halftime stage (as part of a group) since 2004 was Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas earlier this year.
- We knew Tupac had a wealth of posthumous material, but we weren't expecting a sex tape. Rumors suggest that there's footage of a 1991 encounter with the rapper...who apparently showed just how well he can "multitask." [TMZ]
- Russell Brand, comedian and Katy Perry's husband, was just J/K'ing about not being allowed into Canada, guys. He tweeted that Canadian officials weren't letting him into the country on Saturday, when in reality, he hadn't left California. Now you have to apologize to the Canadians you cursed in his honor. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Rapunzel, as we like to say, is having "a moment." The Disney character already served as inspiration for last year's lauded family film "Tangled," and now she's been honored as the 10th character to be added to the Disney Princess line. There was a celebration at London's Kensington Palace in her honor - no, seriously. [Disney]
- We already know Taylor Swift has some solid MC skills, so it's not too surprising that she did another rap rendition at a recent Atlanta concert. In a hometown touch, a recently freed T.I. was available to join her. [Radar Online]