Ahead of the curve: Weekly pop culture calendar
October 2nd, 2011

Ahead of the curve: Weekly pop culture calendar

“The Lion King 3D” has been the king of the box office, but now you can own a copy.

Disney's unleashing the “The Lion King” from the "Disney vault," and the Diamond Edition Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D and DVD will be up for grabs on Tuesday, October 4.

Here’s what else you shouldn’t miss:

Monday

• "House" is back! In jail after driving into Cuddy’s house (What?), House goes about his usual business of diagnosing prisoners, much to the chagrin of clinic physician Jessica Adams (Odette Annabele). Catch the season 8 premiere at 9 p.m. ET on Fox. And look out for a recap on the blog.
  • Jane Lynch will be on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” at 12 a.m. ET.

Tuesday

• Gleeks, you should look forward to what is essentially parents’ week on “Glee” at 8 p.m. ET on Fox. Emma’s parents will be visiting, and Mike Chang’s parents, played by Tamlyn Tomita and Keong Sim, berate Mike for his poor grades.
  • “Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America,” a book by the creators of “Parks and Recreation” under the moniker of Amy Poehler’s character Leslie Knope, arrives today, along with “The Night Strangers” by Chris Bohjalian and “The Dovekeepers” by Alice Hoffman.
  • The 4 LP Deluxe Edition of Nirvana's "Nevermind" will also be released today.

Wednesday

• Attention, George Clooney lovers: He'll be on “Late Show with David Letterman” at 11:35p.m. ET on CBS.

Thursday

• Apart from the Thursday night comedy shows, you can look forward to a slew of guests on the late night circuit. Jack Black, Steve Martin and Owen Wilson will be on the “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” on NBC, and “The Daily Show” will have Jason Sudeikis.

Friday

• Political drama “The Ides of March,” starring Ryan Gosling and George Clooney, will battle it out at the box office on Friday with the boxing drama “Real Steel,” which stars Hugh Jackman.

Saturday

• On an all-new episode of “Saturday Night Live,” former cast member Ben Stiller will be hosting with musical guest Foster the People.

1. madhater

All you mofo's be trippin.

October 3, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Peace

Good am Mad!not much on tv, but, there sure is a lot going on here in Marquee land. (Big sigh) Good day to ya! :)

October 3, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  3. MoonDancer

Im riding the toilet plunger this morning *Squish, squish, squish." Oh darn, now is have splinter up my bunkeeHole.

October 3, 2011 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  4. @1:09 a.m. comment

Agree about fanning the flames but from what I observed not everyone continue the feeding. An example was trolls were contacted, it was in a nice way and the person seem to want to know why all the b/s was going down. It seem like it was done in a nice fashion. It was done in a mature manner if I may say so myself. what do i know anyway. everybody seems to have it all figured out on here, NOT.

October 3, 2011 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. @ both of the ocm commenters

If your really an observer you should have been here 2 or 3 months earlier when they were doing the very same thing, then when they get a taste of their own medicine it's oh you're hurting peoples feelings. You haven't observed that well either their here everyday giving shout outs to each other and saying no that wasn't me so you better believe their still here. And their fanning the flames because they can't just shut up and ignore the trolls, (that makes you look very mature as well.) they always have to say something back and it gets worse and worse. Their just a bunch hypocrites,if it's really more than one person. And while your saying ocm got off the computer looks like you can't get off yours, now that's really sad and pathetic.

October 3, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

The only person I recall that was openly trolling from the group a few months ago was me, and it was nothing more than some off color jokes, not constant personal attacks. And I did it openly, not appropriating peoples names. And I tried to do it in a few posts instead of relentlessly spamming like our current infestation. I insult and provoke them because they're genuinely bad at their craft. Its not as if they'll stop trolling even if we left or never responded, they'll just move on to new targets.

October 3, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Sue

The point is that you did it to hurt someones feelings. You're just like the trolls. And if they're so bad at what they do, why are you answering them? You truly are making it worse.

October 3, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

If anyones feelings were hurt by me willfully confusing Russel Crowed with Mel Gibson, or implying that Rihanna shot that guy in the Man Down video to keep him from going to the cops about her attacking him, or pretending my mom needed medication or she was going to snap on us kids, or any of the other blatantly obvious trolling I did then I'm sorry, for you.

@1:45am comment,
      Unfortunately trying to reason with the trolls wasn't so successful, as they basically just spat venomous nonsense back at the people asking them what was up with all the hate.

@Peace,
      Good morning peace! Yup, just another crazy day on the Marquee. Or should that be another day on the crazy Marquee?

October 3, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • professor turdcrapper

Please elaborate as to why there is no mention of doo doo in your explanation?

October 3, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. @@ocm

There is no reasoning with a troll. Good thing you do not have a name. You would be next. Do not expect a answer the kid has school in the morning-i think mommy just made him get off computor and made him go to bed.

October 3, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  7. @ocm

I don't have any buddies on here, just a observer. As for the buddies-dont hardly see many of them any more, just a few trolls trying to out troll each other. What is ur problem with these buddies-as u call them-any ways ? Is this fun for u or is there a actual problem ?

October 2, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. @ocm

That is ur opinion, say it any way u want. Remember tho, ur opinion means sh!t. Just like my opinion means sh!t to u. Y can't u be mature enuff to agree to disagree and stfu, can u ?

October 2, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Old cow moondancer

Who cares if it's not her she's still a old stupid hag

October 2, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. for sale

If any1 thinks that is moondancer, I have some prime swamp land for sale. Call 1-8OO-dum-bazz

October 2, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. MoonDancer

I hate you all. You mean, mean trolls. I am a fat old baby.

October 2, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. fernace

The Real Plato would not condemn trolls, but find that they have a function in society! "Should we include trolls in our lifestyles or kick them to the proverbial curb?" " Kick 'em to da kerb, I mean include them!" "Right! How do we go about teaching them the correctness of our social order, when they are cave dwellers who stink to the high heavens?" "Kick 'em to da kerb, I mean give them an education!" "Right, off with ye, round up the trolls & educate them correctly!" See wha' ah' meen, moderen Platoe!! ;-)

October 2, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. You R Just As Bad!!

My gosh! People just want to come on here and post comments and you keep egging the trolls on! Grow the fu*k up already!

October 2, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Plato

Continue sucking, sucktrolls. I'm actually trolling you by posting this, because I know you'll respond. Which means I'm actually manipulating you. Or you could not respond, but you'll be doing so because I want you to not reply. It's also becoming painfully obvious you are a child/angsty teen.

October 2, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |