Gwyneth Paltrow suffers post-birthday hangover
September 30th, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow suffers post-birthday hangover

Gwyneth Paltrow may have gone a little overboard celebrating her 39th birthday on Tuesday, if her Twitter account is any indication. Wednesday morning, the actress alerted followers to her “horrific hangover,” reports E! Online.

"Nursing a horrific hangover at the jfk,” Gwynnie shared early Wednesday. “Nothing like starting an overseas flight dehydrated. Where is the dog, I need the hair."

Paltrow’s “Contagion” co-star Ali Wentworth hinted at the source of the birthday girl’s sickness, replying, "Happy Hang-over!!!! Heard it was Crazy! Next year Paris!"

Paltrow jokingly explained to Wentworth: “I was over-served. It's not my fault. Or is it?"

On Monday night, the now 39-year-old reportedly had a mellow birthday dinner with husband Chris Martin, Beyoncé and Jay-Z at Spanish restaurant Tertulia in NYC’s West Village. According to Us Weekly, it wasn’t a late night, and pregnant Bey can’t drink, so apparently Gwyn saved her real partying for Tuesday.

Unfortunately, air travel on Wednesday probably made Paltrow’s patented hangover cure hard to enact. "I take a cold shower in the morning and then I go into the sauna and drink a lot of water throughout the day,” she told Closer magazine in May of her home remedy. “Green tea also helps!"

Hopefully those flight attendants had plenty of green tea on-board.

1. Evad the Slayer

She certainly looks strange after that unnecessary facial lift. She was a beauty before and now looks somewhat less so. And what is with all the boozing? I am 64 and rarely drink booze and am quite happy. Try water or better yet, Canada Dry diet. UUUUM.

October 28, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sheila

"I was over-served, so it wasn't my fault?" Seriously honey, after 2 drinks you can still count – stop there. Start with soda water, ginger ale, virgin mary's... sheesh. Not my fault, cuz I can't count.

October 25, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  3. ValPro

She's a great example for her children.

October 3, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MadCityBabe

damn I hate it when people cut me off in traffic...........my you die a firey death!

October 3, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  5. MadCityBabe

spoiled

October 3, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. marco

I think that I just lost brain cells even reading this article.

October 3, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. midnightrambler444

If someone is telling you about their hangover, chances are they are setting up alibi for stupid behavior that can not otherwise be explained away.

October 3, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. walletbiopsy

What a selfish and self-centered narcissistic do nothing. Please someone make her shut up!

October 3, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  9. Beowoofwoof

This story validates what many believe. The Internet is, in fact, a vast wasteland.

October 2, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. MoonDancer

@paddington – I hope you get run over by a steamroller. there is no excuse for not hating on stuck-up b!tch like GP.

October 2, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  11. MoonDancer

Gwyneth, you are a stuck-up snooty b!tch! I hope you get hit by a bus.... and survive to deal with reality from a wheelchair.

October 2, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  12. nad

Why dont you all just loosen up! The gal went out and celebrated her birthday and hopefully had a good time.Ya know seems kinda funny that every one ,even in the news dwells on the negative side of things. How often on the news do you hear anything positive compared to what you hear is negative.Think about it folks. Please dont throw any more rocks at this girl for being human and enjoying her life. I wish you all the best of health wealth and happiness.

October 2, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  13. gah

i think it's so funny that even celebrity hangovers make the cnn entertainment section – wow, slow entertainment news day :)

October 1, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bp

She really must not have been feeling normal. If she had been, her tweet would have been along the lines of: "Take it from me – don't go overboard with Dom Perignon 1959!"

October 1, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. blythe

who cares?

October 1, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. dawn01

better try this http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

October 1, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Experienced Drinker

So she subscribes to a diet of raw food. Does the stupid "suction cup" thing. Yet drinks herself into a hangover? Wow, hypocrite much?

October 1, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  18. MZ

The perfect hangover cure was discovered years ago. You quit drinking alcohol.

October 1, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  19. callie

Everything that comes out of her mouth sounds so snooty. "When I'm hung over I take a day off from my busy schedule of nothingness and sauna all day" I don't think she gets one bit how normal people act or live. I wish she was more like Angie Jolie- beautiful but you don't here her tweeting or talking about herself all day.

October 1, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  20. arch

Go cry somewhere else! Who in the right mind writes that they are in bad shape from drinking too much. The only reason a bimbo would do something like that is to draw attention to themselves. Pretty pathetic piece of work. Why weren't you home with your kids you talk about so much! The loving Mommy wasn't home, instead she was out getting plowed. If this would have been some poor person who has kids at home they would be looked at as being bad parents. I guess when you have nannies, etc.., you can do what you like and people actually respond to her saying how sorry they are! Go cry somewhere else lil' witch with a capital "B" at the front!

October 1, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  21. lee

She's still smokin HOT!!!!!!

October 1, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
    • PaddingtonPoohBear

Indeed. =) And to those folks hating on her and even wishing her dead – lighten up!

October 2, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

Imagine her and Linsay Lohan taking turns on each other!

October 3, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  22. @fake-fake Beutiful Vixen

Way to troll yerself, girlfriend! Try to get evryone 2 fel sory 4 u. oh boo hoo i got trolled!

September 30, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  23. peacemonger

this is what makes news these days? truly pathetic state of media....btw, imagine what she'll do for her 40th...although, who cares!

September 30, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Nick

I just like it when celebs do a simple normal thing and its headlines. I got drunk last week too...it was not in my local news paper. Congrats Gwen – glad you had a good time. :)

September 30, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • meg

Hey- I'm all for a good time too. But when she has been quoted in the past about how "she hates it when people get drunk" blah, blah,blah....... and she gets on her self righteous high horse, that horse may come back and bite ya in the ass!! I guess those that live in a Macrobiotic, Narsissitic, Self important world, rules for the real world don't apply. The crap that comes out of her mouth-please! Just go away already!

October 1, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Citizen Pain

Another Gwyneth Palthrow-up story. When will we ever have enough of this celebrity?

September 30, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

As long as you, me, and everyone else keeps feeding the monster by clicking on these stories, they'll last forever. And they will last forever because people, even the contrary idiots like you, will continue to click on the articles.

October 3, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Citizen Pain

Thannk-you, fellow idiot, John.

October 8, 2011 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  26. Beautiful Vixen

@FAKE~Beautiful Vixen....yes.. that snooty pig. Maybe she is going to bottle her sweat and sell it.

September 30, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  27. The Måd Råp3r

Is that some left nip in this pic?

September 30, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Beatiful Vixen

She left her nasty alcoholic sweat all over that airplane seat! What a pig!

September 30, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  29. FIRSTY!

Portalpunk!

September 30, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barbara Stanwycks mother was run-over by a Streetcar name "Runaway"

Paltrow needs to put on a bra then shut her big yapper.

October 3, 2011 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  30. truth decay

don't you mean should have or should've? are you sure you meant should of? imbecile

October 1, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  31. theresa

and she is the mother of 2 children, a wife, a daughter. Your names suites you..evil AND hateful.

October 1, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  32. AmericanSam

You are what is wrong with the human race. How could you live with yourself after saying that about a fellow human being? You are disgusting.

October 2, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |