Showtime to produce Suge Knight documentary
September 28th, 2011

Showtime to produce Suge Knight documentary

Showtime's announced that they have a full-length documentary on the life of Death Row Records co-founder Marion "Suge" Knight in the works.

Tentatively titled “Suge Knight,” the film will be the first in a new series of docs from the cable network on “iconic and controversial figures.”

According to a statement from Showtime, “Training Day” director Antoine Fuqua “will delve deep into the life and storied exploits of the Death Row Records co-founder as well as the volatile and highly influential era in music that he presided over.”

The network promises that Knight, now 46, will “personally reveal exactly how it all happened, why it all fell apart, and what the next chapter holds for one of America’s most iconic and mythologized figures.” Other key names from a tumultuous period in hip-hop history are expected to participate as well.

The former CEO of Death Row Records, Knight introduced the world to the likes of Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg. (Director Fuqua has also reportedly been attached to a biopic about Tupac.)

“Suge Knight’s reputation and rise to power in the music business has become the stuff of legend,” said Bradley J. Fischer (“Black Swan”), who’s set to produce the film alongside Fuqua. “Antoine Fuqua and I are thrilled to be partnering with Showtime to tell this remarkable story and take audiences behind a curtain that most have been terrified to even approach.”

The documentary also heralds Knight's return to the music business - he'll be overseeing the film’s soundtrack through his new company, Black Kapital.

1. sewing machines reviews

Amazing things here. I'm very happy to see your article. Thanks a lot and I'm having a look forward to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

May 9, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  2. Carpentry & Joinery: Furniture Construction - Blog Magazine 2012

Good day very nice blog!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb .. I'll bookmark your website and take the feeds also?I'm glad to find a lot of helpful information right here in the put up, we'd like develop more strategies on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

May 8, 2012 at 6:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. Easy E

Day gun show duh pahts way sugah b humpin me in duh buttHo an dangle his big tastee root in my mouf?

September 29, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  4. Yolanda Weiner

For some real fun they should just make a 2 hour movie then show it in the theatres!!

September 29, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. Really?

Looking at these posts, I guess it's funny to make fun of black people. Racism is alive and on cnn.com

September 29, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  6. ZKLee

wwwkpnit100lowbottomlove.com For real these cat's are fake want a real story check out this website from Suge's baby mama who watch Lydia take down Death Row Records and put Suge Knight on a flat along with his counterpart Michael (harryO') Harris whom she was then married too @ the time and Left him pennyless as well.

September 29, 2011 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. Word Up?

What do you fools think it is the eighties?

September 28, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ms t

He will be like Michael Jackson then. I sure am glad he didnt let poor little blanket go.

September 28, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  9. ms t

i am new to the blogs. is it normal for so many black people to be on here posting?

September 28, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Weezie Jefferson

Where my maid ? She gots some cleanin to do.

September 28, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ray ray

Word homes. These whitetays dont no nuthin about our culture. Us African Americans be a proud peoples. They be dissin on us because they be all jelous and stuff. We be kings and queens in Africa. We be desendents of African Royaltie. Suge Suge be one brother with mad tallent.

September 28, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jalisa

After this next election we gonna get reparations. Im gonna get me a black on black Escaldae with some rims. It even gonna have a tv inside. I might even like in it like my bro Sly Stone. It gonna be baaaaaaaad.

September 28, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  13. tracie

Nobody care about black people.

September 28, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  14. tracie

Ain't nobody care about no black people.

September 28, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  15. tyree

fried chicken and malt liquor. we gonna have us a paaaatay !

September 28, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  16. The Måd Råp3r

Someones going to get choked out for dropping dirt on Sugey that's for damn sure.

September 28, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  17. Reena

All of your lingo proves you're a white,middle aged,unemployed,bitter person that's mad at the world.Well stay mad because there will be lots more Tupacs,Jay Zs Weezys and so ons.

September 28, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  18. Don Cornelius

Suge Knight is a legend in our community. He has produced many soulful stylings ranging from Gladys Knight and the Pipps all the way to Aretha. He was the first brother to introduce the mega fro and pick on national tv. As the spokesperson for Colt 45 malt liquor he has shown we all have something to offer.

September 28, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  19. Maleek

@tracie. Word up homie. I know what you be sayin. At Kwanza time we use it fo all sorts of things. I like it instead of the afrosheen.

September 28, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  20. laquanda james

Me an my cuzz Tyree think Death Row ok but not like MOS DEF. MOS DEF out of A Town be finga likkin good.

September 28, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  21. malcolm jae

Word up for Suge. He be one tallented playa. He be bigga than Biggie himself. Shout out to all my homies out there.

September 28, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  22. thurious styles

Its about time our homies got mad prompts. They been representin for decades. word.

September 28, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  23. omie dre

Foshizzle. I love that chickin at Popeyes. We was chillin with Cool Moe D last weekend and muchin on some ribs when he said lets play some bones. Dominoes be one baaaad a game.

September 28, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  24. omie dre

Word peeps. This is gonna be the bomb. Mad ryhmin and foshizzle stylin.

September 28, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
    • JAMAL

My guess is that you're white. Don't be hating because we've got the lifestyle and you don't. Our music that you deem as crap is more relevant than you know, realize, or want to believe it to be. Of course we've lost our way these days, but believe what I say when I say we're making it back to the top! Keep with the jokes all you want... I'm taking my "Popeyes" all the way to the bank, son. Respect.

September 28, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Policeman

My guess is you're whiter than he is...

September 28, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Anomic Office Drone

Keep that up and Suge will hang you over a hotel balcony.

September 28, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Junkpile

I wonder what skinny white guy they will get to play Vanilla Ice (Neil Patrick Harris?)when they show Knight hanging him off the balcony....and more importantly will they show the brown spot on the back of Ices pants when Knight brings him back into the hotel room.....LOL

September 28, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |