Shatner/Takei feud continues in new book
September 27th, 2011

Shatner/Takei feud continues in new book

Note to George Takei: Do not read William Shatner's new book.  Or if you do, skip pages 12-13 and 145.  And especially pages 51-59.  They will not make you happy.

Shatner reserves some of his sharpest barbs for his old "Star Trek" co-star in his witty book "Shatner Rules: Your Guide to Understanding the Shatnerverse and the World at Large." He writes that Takei's been "saying mean things about me for nearly forty years now."

The Shatner/Takei feud heated up three years ago when Takei announced he was marrying his long-time partner, Brad Altman.

Takei has claimed he invited Shatner to the ceremony, but that he didn't show up. In his book, Shatner says he never got an invite and implies the wedding was just a publicity stunt anyway. (He writes the only reason Takei asked Walter "Ensign Chekov" Koenig to be his best man and Nichelle "Lt. Uhura" Nichols to be maid of honor was to drum up media attention.)

Shatner says Takei could never accept playing second (or third, fourth or fifth) banana to him on "Star Trek." On page 51 of his book he tosses this zinger: Takei "says that I have a 'big, shiny, ego!'  Well, actors have big egos.  If mine is shiny, it's because I tend to it very carefully and lovingly.  Perhaps George's needs a good polish."

The book comes out October 4.  I don't expect we'll see George lining up for an autographed copy.

1. www.topsuggsonsale.com

Could you do me a big favor?He was trained to be a lawyer.Try again.Don't pull the chairs about,boys!Go right back to the beginning.Today it is common that women and girls make up in public.Today it is common that women and girls make up in public.He has quite a few friends.See you.It's very kind of you to help me.
    http://www.topsuggsonsale.com http://www.topsuggsonsale.com

October 24, 2012 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  2. cubierta corredera

I've been surfing on-line greater than 3 hours lately, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is pretty value sufficient for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made just right content material as you probably did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

September 9, 2012 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  3. Diana

pot calling the kettle black

October 4, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  4. R. Lion

Shatner is a glorious actor and a true star and that's what he'll always be.

September 30, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Riding your mothers doookie-hole

I love the Klingons! Especially the ones I get from not wiping my hairy hiney.

September 29, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  6. H. Lechter

It's Sarah Palin's fault

September 29, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  7. Mr

Takei should ask shatner wo does his hair. Take needs a new colorist. Yikes he looks scary.

September 29, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  8. BobZemko

Walter Koenig and James Doohan also have said publicly how much of an a$$ Shatner is.

September 28, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Yakobi.

Takei's best work was in "The Green Berets" and Shatner's was in "Columbo".

September 28, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  10. NCC17BLOW1

Mr Sulu, put us in standard orbit around my ego

September 28, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Roger Steuben

In this day and age, those rank fairly low on the "sharpest barbs" meter. As this "feud" goes, it always gets these provocative headlines and lead paragraphs, and then you read the details and it's like, ho hum. Is anyone else bored with this non-story?

September 28, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. carol moseley

And how much of this is all planned to get you to buy the book? And on the Facebook sidebar there is some kind of musical or something that Takei is involved with. Besides they both have plenty of money I'm not giving them any more.

September 28, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. adamthefirst

Shatner is probably right, takei is a jealous one and can't handle rejection so he slanders people he dislikes in the media.

September 28, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  14. adamthefirst

Shatner is probably right, takei is a jealous one and can't handle rejection so he blast people he dislikes in the media.

September 28, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. MNResident

I seem to remember that in the "Star Trek-The Undiscovered Country" movie that Takei's character (Sulu) was given his own starship command seperate from Kirk's, and the last scene has Sulu flying off on his own away from the other major characters, who are left to run the Enterprise on its' last voyage under Kirk's command. That has got to be symbolic of real life............

September 28, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Stan

Look, I am a fan of Star Trek but Bill was absolutely right on his SNL skit. There are people who take the show way too seriously with the costumes and so forth. Star Trek 2 was one of the finest movies ever, but the die-hards ruined it by their outrage at Spock's death and so the powers-that -be had Spock come back to life! True great drama sometimes involves great loss. I don't think Bill was too harsh in his skit when he told the crowd that there is more to life than just TV.

September 28, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Peter Walukiewicz

Leave Bill Shatner alone! Has everybody already forgotten about the long standing fued that Shatner had with James 'Scotty' Doohan? Jimmy Doohan went to his grave, without ever even having so much as an apology from William Shatner? No one has to buy his new book. And, if Bill said that he never received an invite to Sulu's 'Gay' wedding, I am sure he is being as honest, as he can be. "The human adventure is just beginning......"

September 28, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  18. Jay

George is jealous that he never bagged the good captain.

September 28, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  19. The Dude

I think they are both playing this up for publicity. It is the only reason to do so.

September 28, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  20. krash

I'm starting to think that shatner and takaei were lovers

September 28, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  21. Marc Parella

More reasons I hate Star Trek.

September 28, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  22. Jaybiz

I have met William Shatnar and he is a great guy. I think he is a great actor and have followed him through his many years of acting. I think that the AP blows everything out of proportion. Do your think Bill. You Rock!

September 28, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  23. MD

Grow up boys.

September 28, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  24. LadyRoche

James T Kirk would really be embarrassed by Billy comments......................

September 28, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  25. Yolanda Weiner

I guess Sulu was the first Ho~Mo in space. Takei is just upset because Shatner wouldnt launch some photon torpedos up his ass.

September 28, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  26. R...T...

...William Shanter is a one lucky dude. He has absolutely NO talent...but he has been able to keep a job for many years. He's got friends in high places ;-)

September 28, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  27. dan

To use a quote from William Shatner......."GET A LIFE"

September 28, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  28. BlackBeltAuntie

News flash: These sorts of stunts and "rivalries" are thought up by publicity people as a way of getting their clients into the news on a regular basis.

September 28, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  29. fernando

I side by Captain Kirk

September 28, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  30. Luv Star Trek Forever (Beam Me Up Scotty)

Now here is the real "Kobayashi Maru". This fued is truely a LOSE-LOSE for both of these living legends and icons of TV Science Fiction. Hope one day they can shake hands and get past their differences.

September 28, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  31. Ian

Takei is vulger. His jokes are filthy.

September 28, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  32. ready

should of made a captain sulu series instead of voyager

September 28, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  33. Rock

They're both moments away from dying of old age and yet this continues..keep it up since its more entertaining that that Alaskan Cow we keep hearing about.

September 28, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  34. BT

PLEASE give Bill Shatner another TV series. Maybe that way, he can be occupied enough to quell this silly feud.

September 28, 2011 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  35. ST:TNG Fan

Ooooohh my !
    Can't we all just get along ?!
    They both need to cool off and make peace instead of acting like idiots. It's all been said and done, just let it go.
    By the way, I liked Takei's bit with Battlestar's Katee Stackoff on "Big Bang Theory" episode, anyone remember that one ?

September 28, 2011 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  36. Patrick

All this dislike towards Bill and/or George – where has either of them every hurt any of you (unless you have a weak stomach for over acting hams)? Whatever their personal issues are their affect on us is only what we allow it to be, and judging from some of these comments, some of you have nothing better to do. Take two aspirins and call someone who cares, in the morning.

September 28, 2011 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  37. CrazyD

Shatner is great, poeple need to grow up. Love to meet him, he makes me laugh!

September 28, 2011 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
  38. Do EEEEET

George Takei's disembodied head from Futurama: "That's George Takei, like 'Too Gay,' but different! ...Ahhh, but still gay."

September 28, 2011 at 4:51 am | Report abuse |
  39. JDawgONE

True story: In '98 I attended a convention and signing with Shatner in Syracuse, NY. As I was getting my picture signed, I noticed everyone ahead of me was too petrified to even say anything to Bill, so I said, "Thanks for coming to Syracuse." Shatner looked up at me directly in the eye for about two seconds and then turned back and kept signing autographs. He never said a thing. I was disappointed at the time, but hey, this IS SHATNER and after all, he did look at me.

September 28, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  40. Lousy blog

Lousy stinking cheap digs to stir controversy. Old news at that there's a feud. Oh no certainly don't bother trying to even be objective and acknowledge that shatner has actually listened to takei and offers not that bad a response at All considering on the ego comment. No much easier to go for spinning to sound more awful than it was.

September 28, 2011 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  41. Evilwillhunting

(as he meets George Takei at a bookstore)
    Fanboy: "You are my FAVORITE Star Trek character, right after Kirk, Spock, Bones, Scotty, Chekhov, Uhura, Chapel, Rand and Pike!"
    – Freakazoid!

September 28, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  42. leogetz

Lets face it. We all know who the true star of the Star Trek franchise really was. The only one that's stayed away from all this childish bs. Live Long and Prosper Leonard.

September 27, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jeffbaseball

Why can't Shatner leave well enough alone.

September 27, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  44. greenchixr00l

Shouldn't that say "Note to EVERYONE: do not read William Shatner's new book..."

September 27, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Al

Why is anyone shocked at Shatner being an ass! He's been an ass his whole career! No one (with the exception of Nimoy) from the original Star Trek thought much of Bill Shatner! He was always a Prima Donna and alienated everyone he ever worked with... Too bad he's also now being a vindictive schmuck! I wish he would just go away, how much money does one person need?!?!

September 27, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Bob

I wouldn't put it past William S. to make this press release to drum up publicity for his new book.

September 27, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Beam Me Up

These comments are hysterical. I have been laughing out loud reading them....

September 27, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Amalia

Hasn't it occurred to anyone that this is all being caused by an energy being that feeds off of conflict?

September 27, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  49. John Ellis

Shatner's ego is so large that it has three moons orbiting around it. Just the fact he'd write a book of this material causes a revision upwards of it's estimated size. No one has ever successfully been able to measure it accurately, our instruments fail.

September 27, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Frankie D

Mr. Sulu takes it up the ying-yang. Shat rules!!!

September 27, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  51. James Watkeys

I am a major fan of Shatner and Star Trek. I just had the thought though these guys are from a different age and time. Before the internet and before email when communication was important to hide stuff and cover your tracks. Seriously I wouldn't put it past these 2 guys to have dreamed up this entire scheme knowing it would generate funds to both of them. Come on now Shatner when I was a kid was pretty much disowned by trekkies for SNL stunt. These people are all in all family unlike today's actors.

September 27, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  52. chicka

I think the whole fight is stupid – but I do have to give several match points to Shatner on that "tended lovingly" comment.

September 27, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Holly Starhopper

I'd sit on Shatner's lap any day of the Klingon week....Takei, eh not so much.

September 27, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Charlie (X)

Shatner is a decent guy. Ego nothing...if there's anything the internet age has taught us, its how pathological most egos in Hollywood can be; his is nothing in comparison. Even the quotes mentioned from the book itself are very evenhanded and honest, with none of the mentally ill poison that permeates other so-called "feuds". Or even what Takei himself has said, which has been disgusting at times. I fell into the trap of believing the haters initially but now I see that once the hate machine starts, it seems to just perpetuate beyond logic. And Shatner's Kirk was still the best of the ST captains in my opinion. Team Shatner here.

September 27, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Hawkeye1010

Takei just got Shat on.

September 27, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Max128

Scotty! What's. Happening. To.... My Ship?

September 27, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Shani

See... Not only rappers have feuds, in case any of you were confused

September 27, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  58. oldtrekkie

Shat is a Shaksperian anomoly from Canada. Takei is from Planet Q. We uncultured Americans don't take well to aliens!

September 27, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  59. bribo

shatner's arrogance and ego is typical of most self-centered jews

September 27, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrHankeyP00edOnShatnersFace

Surprised he didn't call his book "Shatner's List"

September 27, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  60. boatvolt

Cut the bullshat, William, you're embarrassing the Canadians. Again.

September 27, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Nomad

With Takei it's more a case of "where lots of men have gone before."

September 27, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  62. tonyS

Shatner has always been an obvious, pompous jerk.

September 27, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Big Fish

Publicity stunt by Takei? So says Shatner – takes one to know one. Shatner since his Star Trek role has shamelessly promoted himself everything from an record of his singing (yuck) to his endless stupid roles in Priceline commericials. Shatner as always stood for schlock..

September 27, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  64. doug

harh harh

September 27, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Durrrrrrr

Shatner did save me a bunch of money on priceline negotiator. Since he called the hotel, his star power probably played a role in getting the price reduced.

September 27, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Durrrrrrr

Priceline negotiator!!

But in all seriousness, I'll take a P00 right on Shatner's face.

September 27, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Kevin O.

Who cares? They are old.

September 27, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  68. BVN

Haters gotta hate. Sorry pals, but Bill Shatner won at life.

September 27, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Jimbo

In my lean times in the mid 90s, I applied to sell Kirby vacuum cleaners. The spokesman on the orientation video was, you guessed it, William Shatner. He had the gall to tell us we were heading down a wonderful new road full of great new possibilities, all while sitting astride his prize stallion on his multi-million dollar ranch, in his cashmere sweater that failed its goal of covering up his caviar (over)fed belly. I was speechless. The man may have an ego, but when it comes to money, he has no pride. I passed on the job, but wish I could have got my hands on that video. Priceless!

September 27, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  70. JimAR

Let's see . . . one of these actors makes me laugh every time he performs; the other actor tries to sell me a new television set. I think I'll vote for the one who makes me laugh!

September 27, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Evel Knievel

A bald has-been and a fudge packer arguing. Slap fight, slap fight.

September 27, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Shatner Is Horrible

William Shatner is garbage. He is the William Hung of TV and movies. His career should've imploded with his first acting gig but it didn't. Obviously, Shatner sold his soul to the devil. Stupid people kept giving him money for atrocious "acting" and even worse "comedy". He was Kim Kardashian before Kim Kardashian...famous for having no discernable talent.

September 27, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  73. pismire

Shat Happens... C'mon people. Love it.

September 27, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Devara

It's always so cute when has-beens start taking pot-shots at each other. You can just smell the desperation in the air, not unlike a bean burrito fart.

September 27, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  75. dillo dirt is sewage

How long did this show run?

Was it 5 years?

No, wait, it was only 3. And that was over 40 years ago. Grow up you octogenarians!

September 27, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Alaskan

I know someone who took Shatner on a guided fishing trip. Whenever the guide tried to talk to Shatner to ask about him, his career, etc., Shatner blew him off. But whenever Shatner wanted something, he played up his career.

September 27, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Kareem Cheez

OH MY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 27, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Benji

Google George's feet for pictures, YUCK!

September 27, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Luigi

This is not much more than an attempt to sell more copies of the book. PT Barnum is reported to have said something like "there's no such thing as bad publicity." Others have added, "except for your own obituary."

September 27, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  80. jayman419

He probably gets tired of explaining that he's not actually a real captain and that even if he was, most captains don't have the legal right to perform weddings, and even if they did, captains can only perform marriages while in command of a vessel outside of port.

Takei's invite probably ended up in the pile with all the rest, unread.

September 27, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  81. RYAN

Shanter..the final frontier....these are the ego's of spaces final frontier!

September 27, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  82. RYAN

he can say anything he wants..he the captain....

September 27, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  83. NYCMovieFan

I've heard Shatner speak at events, such as charity evenings, and he's the same person live as on TV – he's not gonna change, baby. I suspect that Shatner never really did get that invitation, or did not recognize that it was an invitation, anyway, he thinks he was not invited to the wedding, and Takei cannot let go of that fact that it was not a dis, it was a miss. Just get over it, wish each other well and realize that... time is running out,... you have to act together ... or it'll all blow to PIECES!!!

September 27, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Grande Dame of the Somali Pirate Conspiracy

This whole wedding affair nearly eclipses the decades of quality time these delightfully clever actors spent together on a show I grew up watching.
      OOOOoooo-OOOOOOO..oOOOOOooooo...

October 1, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  84. kazz

Clearly these two are gay lovers.

September 27, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Luke Brown

Sad.

Fellas, you both had roles of a lifetime... an actor's dream ! You've got plenty of money, and had the opportunity to what you've wanted with your lives. You could have been cast as Klingons.

Please spare us the whining.

September 27, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Bill Duke

Oh my!

September 27, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Brian

I know an actor who did quite a few TV supporting roles in the '70s and '80s. I asked him once who was the biggest jerk celebrity he'd ever worked with. Without hesitation, he said, "Wililam Shatner. No one else is even close." He wouldn't give details; all he said was, "You know, we all have egos or we wouldn't be in this business. But there was just no excuse for what I saw."

September 27, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Dave

I think Sulu is jealous of Kirk because Kirk and Daniel Jackson are flam(e)ingos. =P

September 27, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  89. JohnRJ08

In defense of Shatner, he was young actor whose career had been struggling when he was first cast in Star Trek as the lead character. Takei wasn't even in the original episodes. On top of that, Shatner had been in several films and classic TV shows before he ever set foot on the Enterprise. And, in Boston Legal, Shatner created an unforgettable character in Denny Crane. Takei has been virtually invisible and, without Star Trek, he would have had no career at all. Perhaps Shatner was a camera hog and tended to chew up the scenery, but Takei's acting was second rate at best. And, since that series was cancelled, Takei has been making numerous insulting comments about Shatner which only serve to make him look smaller than he is and more bitter. When Shatner was roasted on Comedy Central, Takei's final good-bye to Shatner was an embarrassing obscene remark which Shatner absorbed with humor and grace. George Takei only gets attention today because of his association with William Shatner and Takei hates that.

September 27, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • C3PO

Takei may be yaG, but Shatner's a gaF!

September 27, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Grande Dame of the Somali Pirate Conspiracy

This is better than a Rolling Stones Vs. Beatles sandwich.

October 1, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  90. FlyingFish

Aside from his small gig on Nickelodeon, when was Takei's last *real* gig?? Shatner was too busy polishing his Emmy to hear Takei's last barb......

September 27, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • pattysboi

Mr. Takei was on the program "Heroes". You can see it on Netflix, and it's quite good.

whiny billy shatner has had a few utter BOMBS since he last beamed down. He needs to run and hide under a rock now.

September 27, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  91. kite005

I read this and afterwards wondered why. And why was it even here to read. I expected something newsworthy I guess.

September 27, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Tendofreak

Shatner's ego is so large.....even Chuck Norris pays homage!

September 27, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Anthony

Why is this news? So what who cares about a feud between these two. Spock would say that this is irrelevant!

September 27, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Green Vulcan

No, Spock would declare it illogical

September 27, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Grande Dame of the Somali Pirate Conspiracy

That's Irrational...and still not at all pertinent to the topic of discussion. NEXT!

October 1, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  94. Kenoscope

Shatner, isn't he the one who starred in that really big flop B movie Kingdom of the Spiders? Yeah, he will (and has) done anything for money while doing his best to crush everyone who says anything grey about him. He's an egotistical fool and deserves to be forgotten by history.

September 27, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • ZackBauer

What, did he bang your mom or something? He'll be remembered long after you bite it.

September 27, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • ZackBauerSUX

I'd rather be remembered by few for honorable deeds than remembered by all as a charltan.

September 27, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • D.Rabbit

Awww...ZackBauer got all butt hurt. Now he's saying mean things to people. What's next Zackie-poo??? You gonna punch your Care Bear in the face and hurl your anal beads out the window???

September 27, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  95. truefax

Shatner actually wants Takei to dock in his port, but Takei's not having it. Hope these two queens can kiss and make up.

September 27, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  96. spock

Shatner's...got to mister.

September 27, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  97. mickeymo

Funny when Takei can't drain any more money "to speak of" from the Star Trek franchise, he now gets vindictive.

September 27, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  98. The Måd Rap3r

TAKEEEEEIIIII!!!!

September 27, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Grande Dame of the Somali Pirate Conspiracy

Takei Talkey Some Smackey...

October 1, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  99. toxictown

Um, I think this whole "feud" is a publicity stunt. It's getting ink, right? I'm betting these two coordinate thier zingers.

September 27, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  100. LuvBug

get it together boys, your fans love you that way, stop being yourselves.

September 27, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  101. natalieeeeee

he should have listeneddddddddddddd

September 27, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  102. mickeymo

Mr Sulu should thank his lucky stars he ever got the role. He would have done virtually NOTHING if it weren't for that role. At least Shatner did a bunch of other things.

September 27, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

Except for a little show called "Lost."

September 27, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • You

@Me, it was Heros fool.

September 27, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • StunSetting1

Wasn't Takei in a film with "The Duke" about the Vietnam War called "The Green Berets"? John Wayne–now there was a REAL larger-than-life actor...

September 27, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Bookenz

Denny Crane!!!!!!

September 27, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Time Bandit

Can you two actors grow the "F' up? Gee whiz.

September 27, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  105. jaintn

This is too funny. I don't blame Shatner for saying what he thinks about George Takei. I watched the comedy central roast of William Shatner a few years ago and Takei said some things that really crossed a line. He was mean spirited and vindictive and you could tell he waited years to say those nasty things. My 73 year old Dad watched it as well and afterwards he said Takei was a piece of something you don't want to step in when barefoot. Takei's jealousy was, and still is, palpable.

September 27, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Bubba

You call that a feud? That's pretty mild stuff. They were all young actors looking forward to future roles, hoping for bigger parts, and of course they wanted the spotlight Shatner was hogging so brilliantly.

September 27, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  107. dnr

Love Shatner! Love his ego, too! Can't wait to read the book :)

September 27, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Scott

Actually, I am sure George will love this. Lake most celebrities (Shatner included), he values anything that gets him free media coverage and nothing garners media coverave llike controversy .

September 27, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Macc63

Well folks, in case you didn't realize this, due to this so called "fued" both of these gents have "guaranteed" an increase in the sale of their respective books. Shatner probably would have done ok with the number of books he sells, but by making up a "fued" he can insure good sales to us, the reading public. Very good on both of these guys for luring us in. I'll buy it for sure and I bet the words on the fued in each others books is ok...just ok. Live long and prosper you two con-men/women.

September 27, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  110. blah9999

Of course his ego is large, he's James T. freaking Kirk

September 27, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Red Shirt Ensign

Exactly! Kirk got to knock boots with a drill thrall and a green slave girl! Sulu got greased up and yielded a sword running through the Enterprise when he went nuts. Signs even then that things were askew for him.

September 27, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

Um, Red Shirt Ensign? You do know it's fiction, right?

September 27, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Jon

Star Trek was everybody, not just James T. Kirk.

September 27, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  112. B Overby

If you saw Shatner on the street, you'd say "There's William Shatner", if you saw Takei on the street, you'd say "There's that guy that used to be on Star Trek...what's his name?". I think that sums it up...........

September 27, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wastrel

You'd say, "There's Lt. Sulu!"

September 27, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boldly Go!

I'd say there's Jackie Chan!

September 28, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Anonymous Coward

If I saw Moammar Khadaffi on the street, I'd say "There's Moammar Khadaffi, too, but that doesn't mean I like him, respect him, or think he's a good person. There's more to life than being widely recognized.

September 28, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Northof39

These two are having the biggest laugh on everyone because this "feud" is probably earning them both a lot of money. Keep it going guys, I just love the Shat & Tak show.

September 27, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Grande Dame of the Somali Pirate Conspiracy

Strangely, even if Spock is hiding in a cave in Afghanistan, his lifelong positive influence on his shipmates can be observed...if you have any experience in the lost art of the "civil" debate...NO AD HOMINEM ATTACKS!

No wonder this witty banter continues to survive despite the lack of appreciation for real acting astronauts.

October 1, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  114. Carl, Secaucus, NJ

That's true, Howard Stern (who is a big Star Trek fan) helped to develop this feud–he would do imitations of Shatner making racist rants against Takei. Then he'd do cut-and-pastes of Takei's audio books to turn them into tales of gay encounters. But admittedly, it's a great funny showbiz story, with these strange flamboyant actors from a classic TV show. I'm glad that both of them have stayed in the limelight. Ba Ba Booey.

September 27, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Timmy

I told Kirk, "Don't let the Asian kid drive. You're just asking for trouble." But would he listen? No.

September 27, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Red Shirt Ensign

Every ensemble show has a few characters that are the leads. Others are supporting characters. Shatner, Nimoy and Kelley became the lead actors and stories revolved around them. There have been books and interviews on sour grapes that Shatner grabbed the spotlight and sometimes deliberately had some of the supporting actor's lines or scenes cut. Welcome to Hollywood! If it wasnt for Star Trek, where would Koenig, Nichols, Doohan and Takei be? Dinner theater! They will be remembered forever and have enough money. Live with it! My favorite character? Scotty. His beef with Shatner? He just didnt like him! RIP James Doohan and DeForrest Kelley.

September 27, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bubba

Shatner would blow his lines on purpose to make everyone laugh. Sometimes they'd be ready to kill him by the time they got the scene done. Some actors are ok with this, and some get really angry.

September 27, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kris

Um, Jimmy Doohan has left the building, dude.

September 27, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Grande Dame of the Somali Pirate Conspiracy

Scottish people can be decidedly curmudgeonly.

October 1, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  117. Sam

So all that time that George Takei was on the Starship Enterprise he was really circling Uranus? It makes sense, seeing as how Shatner is about the biggest butthole in the universe.

September 27, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  118. captain logic

OH MAN! George invited William to his wedding! What a creep! That guy has done nothing buy whine and complain on youtube about how much of a celebrity he is and ought to be and how everyone is against him. (Im talking about George, of course... lol).

September 27, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Martin

For years I thought Shatner looked horrible: lat and bloated, like he was about to have a massive stroke or heart attack at any moment. Now that he is old, he actually looks pretty good!

September 27, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Me

Funny! Almost makes me want to buy the book. (sarcasm)

September 27, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  121. JH Boob

I gotta tell you, you guys are at the top of your game today! There are some great zingers from all! I'm just waiting for the "Why is the starship Enterprise like toilet paper?" joke.. keep up the good work.

September 27, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  122. marcia

Wish Takei wasn't so jealous of his rival!! Go William Shatner!

September 27, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  123. John

This dispute is highly illogical captain

–Mr. Spock

September 27, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Willdone

Shatner should use his negotiation skills on repairing his damaged relationships instead of pushing for cheaper hotel rates.

September 27, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • EL Jefe

That was AOK.

September 27, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • SirShatALot

Shatner couldn't negotiate his way out of a FleshLight. Anyone who thinks this man is funny needs to have their med dosage amped. I've seen funnier headlice in Britney Spears minge.

September 27, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Grande Dame of the Somali Pirate Conspiracy

Hey, when a man is fluent in "Starvin' Marvin" you've gotta make the most of his skills...even the tactical ones he learned from Sun Tzu.

October 1, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  125. larry

An article on transgender kids and now this. Any real news CNN?

September 27, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pat

The transgender-children article was a 9.5 on the Creepy Meter. Today is probably a good day to look at p0rn instead.

September 27, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • barabbas2010

troll much?

September 27, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Jason

Why don't they mention the Howard Stern Show?

All of this feuding came about as a direct result of George sitting in on the show and Howard's fascination with the feud that George, James Doohna, Walter, Nichelle ALL had with Shatner?

September 27, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Dozer

Little known fact....Shatner and Angie Dickinson starred in an adult movie together...really good action.

September 27, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Helmsman

OHHH MY!!!!!!

Mr. Sulu – lock phasers on Bill's ego. Fire when ready...

September 27, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Joe here in Colorado

Yes, Captain; alien vessel now on our port bow.

September 27, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  130. neumanme

Set Phasers on B*tc# Slap.

September 27, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  131. larry

Note to Takei – move on, Shatner long ago eclipsed you in both popularity and achievements. The whole wedding issue should have never even been made an issue.

September 27, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vesstair

.... Yes. Takei, the man who apparently only went out of his way to say "No, I DID invite him to my wedding", needs to move on and stop being written about by Shatner.

Wait, what?

September 27, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brad

Takie got married? Really never heard a thing about it. Come to think about it do not remember the last time I heard anything about him. Bill on the other hand........................

September 27, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • pattysboi

Completely WRONG. Mr. Takei is a warm and likable person, whereas Shatner is anything BUT. Mr. Takei's marriage was NOT "a publicity stunt".

September 27, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anonymous Coward

I wonder which uncredited ghost writer wrote THIS book for him? Ron Goulart did rather well for himself as the real author of "Shatner's" Tek books.

September 28, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  132. MadCityBabe

omg Shatner is HILARIOUS! I love this guy! I'm gonna have to read this book – should be a hoot!

September 27, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • MadCityLoser

You probably think Jersey Shore is HILARIOUS!

September 27, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Spurt

Don't you talk smack on Jersey Shore, that show is AWESOME! Also, Eddy can't dance.

September 28, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • The Grande Dame of the Somali Pirate Conspiracy

Tsk, tsk...Takei is old enough to know better than to harbor such immature problems with authority.

October 1, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  133. The Måd Råp3r

Shatners ego is so massive you could park the Enterprise in orbit around it.

September 27, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • huxley

Shatner's ego was the omnipotent being in the movie Star Trek 5.

September 27, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Benny

No, no.. The character "Q" in "The Next Generation" was based on Shatner's ego!

September 27, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • BethTX

These guys are both 100 years old. Isn't it time to grow up already? This show has been off the air since the late sixties, fer Crissake.

September 27, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • FauxNewz

Jokes about Shatner's ego are just making him laugh, he's a cool guy.

September 27, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Howard

Say what you will about Bill Shatner, but you've got to give the guy credit for being able to re-invent himself, for going from a serious dramatic actor to a wildly successful comedy actor. George Takei cannot make the same claim. Therein lies the difference.

September 27, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • JohnRJ08

I've met Shatner and he's a sweet, very funny man. You have no clue what you're talking about. Stop reading the Enquirer.

September 27, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • EricLr

Shatner's ego's so fat he has to have a sign above his ass that says "This ain't the Grand Canyon."

September 27, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • desa

I guess they won't be attending each others funerals either.

September 27, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anomic Office Drone

These guys are both way too old to still be acting like school yard rivals in junior high. At some point someone has to be the bigger man and let it go.

September 27, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Thinker

Shatner pwns Takei... kind of like Chuck Norris to Judge Ito.

September 27, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Billy

Shatner's ego walks into a bar with a parrot, and the bartender gives him a bottle of whiskey, cries, and said "thank you, Bill" for everything! The parrot just squawks "HELLO."

September 27, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • psimire

Hey, Shat Happens.

September 27, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • WhatWhatWhat?

Shatner's ego is the only thing that Chuck Norris ever had real trouble in defeating.

September 27, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • sportreform

desa wrote: "I guess they won't be attending each others funerals either."

Hey desa, you may be surprised to learn that it isn't possible for both to atend each other's funeral.

September 27, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Playjojo

You've got that right. He does everything humanly possible to keep himself in the spotlight. Go find yourself ANOTHER commercial Bill. Or maybe some other crap show or sitcom.

September 27, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Billy

Shatner's Ego is the new Spock's Brain.

September 27, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Takeifan

If Shatner's butt gets much bigger, that, added to the massiveness of his Ego, is likely to create a black hole. Right here in our own Galaxy. Be afraid... be very afraid...

September 27, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Iowan

And he makes no attempt to hide it. In fact, he embraces it.

September 28, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • VegasRage

Despite Shatner's huge ego, it's still a microscopic comparison to the Larry Ellison's, CEO of Oracle. Now there is a massive ego.

September 28, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Alysandir

Shatner's ego is so big, even the Corbomite Maneuver won't save you from it.

October 1, 2011 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Alysandir

Captain Sulu tells it like it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWJnepWaaNk&feature=player_detailpage#t=9s

October 1, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  134. CW

Thanks for explaining the joke.... Nobody could ever have gotten it otherwise.

September 27, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  135. TeaBagger

Funny...do you tell "black" jokes too?

September 27, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  136. davetharave

LOL

September 27, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Dan I

Actually if you knew anything about Star Trek you'd know that the "Beam me up Scotty" line was never actually said in the show.

September 27, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Booo

Loving the spelling of the word "secksual." I must use it when I want to talk about such things.

September 27, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Red Shirt Ensign

Never on the show. Only once in the movies. Star Trek IV. Ok, enough geek today.

September 27, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Howard

Three years. OH, and four spinoffs, 11 movies, a cartoon, many many novelations and comic books. And conventions.

September 27, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Spock Logic

It may have only ran for 3 years but for 45 years it has inspired millions of folks around the world and continues to do so today. I have probably seen every episode dozens of times in the last 45 years and I still like to watch The Original Series as well as the other Trek shows. As far as the ego and feud, George got the part as Sulu, the helmsman. Shatner was picked to be Captain. Shatner stands out, Takei, well he, fits in.

September 27, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  142. David E

Blame male PMS

September 27, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Bookenz

Then maybe you shouldn't hang out with them so much. *wink *wink

September 27, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  144. What the Pho

"They" who? Just come out of the closet AJ, Seeing that you are such an authority on "them" and all. Generalizing idiot.

September 28, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |