Jennifer Aniston buys pricey painting for Haiti?
September 27th, 2011

Jennifer Aniston buys pricey painting for Haiti?

According to Us Weekly, Jennifer Aniston is quite the altruistic art lover.

The actress reportedly made a hefty donation to help Haiti rebuild, buying a painting at Christie’s Artists for Haiti auction for $450,000.

Justin Theroux, 40, reportedly did the bidding on behalf of girlfriend Aniston, 42, landing an abstract piece by American artist Glenn Ligon at the charity auction Thursday. Jen wound up with "Stranger #44," a large oil, charcoal and graphite piece on canvas, estimated at $150,000 to $200,000.

"Aniston, who was in the room, clapped enthusiastically after [Theroux's] winning bid," reports Artinfo.com.

The Artists for Haiti auction, co-organized by Ben Stiller, featured donated pieces and raised a whopping $13,662,000 toward health and education initiatives for Haiti.

1. Ayiti 4 ever

Very nice of her

September 27, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Anomic Office Drone

Something about Jennifer Aniston just makes me roll my eyes. It could be story about how she saved orphans from a fire and I think I still might roll my eyes. She just annoys me.

September 27, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. El Jefe

Aniston sounds and is a kook, but I'd still slap her from behind.

September 27, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Camino

@El Jefe i am sure she has more class than you actually think and has better taste
      Her with you
      NOT EVEN IF YOU WERE THE LAST MAN STANDING

September 27, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. t

What about America re-build ???????/

September 27, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ayiti 4 ever

@ t

What about America rebuilt?
      Stoooopid America rebuilds every day with millions or billion dollar projects
      You are either too stooopid or you re trying to hopefully get a few likes under your no brainer comment
      Same post all the time what about our country what about our country when most already know why they are doing this and I am quite sure that JENNIFER ANNISTON has already done a lot for her country as well
      GET A LIFE.

September 27, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. jujubeans

Note to photographer: Pan down, we want cleave-age!

September 27, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Kay

I think she is amazing and I am so happy for her. God has someone for everyone and I hope she has found true love at last. Praying for you Jennifer.

September 27, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. [lol]

Dang, $450,000 for a painting? Well done.

September 27, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |