Lifetime cancels 'Roseanne's Nuts'
September 22nd, 2011

Lifetime cancels 'Roseanne's Nuts'

Roseanne Barr’s TV comeback has come to an end, for now. Lifetime's shelved the comedian’s reality series, “Roseanne’s Nuts.”

“’Roseanne’s Nuts has been cancelled,” Barr tweeted Wednesday. “[T]hanks everyone for watching!”

The reality series wrapped its first (and final) season this past Friday. The show featured Roseanne’s life with partner Johnny Argent and son Jake Pentland working and living on her macadamia nut farm in Hawaii.

“Roseanne’s Nuts” premiered in July to 1.3 million viewers, according to the Hollywood Reporter. But ratings slipped, leading Lifetime to stick the show in the Friday 10 p.m. slot toward the end of the season.

But with any luck we’ll see Roseanne again soon – she and Argent have a scripted series project in the works called “Downwardly Mobile.” Barr is set to star in the “Roseanne”-esque sitcom.

1. Karleen

I LOVED that show! I thought it was very funny. I'm angry at Lifetime for canceling the series. I recorded the show to make sure whether I was home or not, I didn't want to miss any of the shows. I go back and re-watch them just so I can laugh some more.

September 25, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. aww yeahh

My mom owes me 50 dollars now~~

September 25, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. @ FIX IN TX

If you had an elementary sense of comprehension- you would understand the point boocat was making wasn't whether Roseanne was liberal or not, but Obserer stupidly having to bring politics into something as non-political as a tv show cancellation. Geez.

September 23, 2011 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  4. FIX IN TX

@boocat ~ you obviously didn't watch the show because if you did you would realize that Roseanne Barr is a liberal. With that said, there were some episodes that were funny and some that weren't. I didn't watch all, however, the ones I did see made me generally disappointed in Roseanne. I expected a lot more comedy than was there. I wish her all the best with any and all future projects.

September 22, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. cowboy nate

Im a moron. It makes me happier. Mmmmmmmm beans.

September 22, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Donna Magnuson

You are one of the best comedians. I am so sorry about your show being cancelled. You are just the greatest!!!! Everything that the farm stands for makes so much sense, I guess it's just too real.

September 22, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  7. insidious7

I loved the show. I don't watch anything on Lifetime and I watched the whole season.

September 22, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. oh hell

Let's take that $50 and just go buy lunch!!!

September 22, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. O RLY?

So when will they cancel Lifetime?

September 22, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Obserer

How about we take up a collection, and when we get enough, we offer it to Barr to watch this Hollywood liberal self-immolate?
    Here's fifty. Who's in?

September 22, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • boocat

IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CONSERVATIVE MORONS DO NOT MAKE POLITICAL??????? YOU MORONS ARE PATHETIC LOSERS!

September 22, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. MET

I actually thought the show was so stupid it was funny! I really enjoyed it and I'm not a fan of Rosanne. I thought both Johnny and Jake were hilarious! I'll miss seeing it.

September 22, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Dean

rather than give new talent a shot they keep going back to played out boring stars

September 22, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Eaton Butts

LMAO...Another hollywood idiot gets a well deserved flushing...LMAO

September 22, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |