Hitting the campaign trail on 'Parks and Rec'
September 22nd, 2011

Hitting the campaign trail on 'Parks and Rec'

Thursday night's season premiere of "Parks and Recreation" picked up right where the season finale left off, with Leslie offered the chance to run for political office, and Ron informed that his first ex-wife, Tammy One, is in town.

First of all, it was hilarious to see Ron scared out of his mind, opening up a vent to get a backpack full of supplies and heading for the wilderness.

In the meantime, Leslie had a big decision to make, as her relationship with Ben could become a major scandal. After all, turning down a campaign wasn't an option for her: "While other girls were playing with Barbies, I was playing with the Geraldine Ferraro action figure that I made myself with a picture of her that I glued to a popsicle stick!"

Speaking of scandals, the writers of "Parks and Recreation" were obviously inspired by former Rep. Anthony Weiner. Leslie and the rest of the women in city hall received photos of a penis - though Ann believed the man who sent it might have the mumps. Next thing you know, lots of men were e-mailing her photos because they wanted to be "checked out." Never before has the repeated sound of an e-mail alert been so hilarious.

But back to Leslie: She just couldn't bring herself to break up with Ben, so she went to visit Ron for advice, which turned out to be just what the doctor ordered. And Ben, ever the perfect boyfriend, broke up with Leslie so she could run. (Say it with me: "Awww...")

As for the other characters, it was great to see Andy finally moving past the shoe shine business, while Tom Haverford can't stay away from the parks department, despite his new venture with Jean-Ralphio.

And finally, best of all, I present to you April Ludgate: "As acting manager of the parks department, I declare that everything you're saying is stupid! I love you."

Are you just as excited as I am to get more "Parks and Rec"? Were you just as terrified of the first appearance of Tammy One at the end of the episode ("Why is your mustache trembling")? Post your iReport or comment below.

1. LAST HOUR REPORT -- SEND TOO OUTSIDE MACHINE

June 29, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. INSTEAD OF LOOKING AT HER PIG STYE...SHE'S FORWARDING PICS OF MY BASEMENT THAT WE ARE FIXING FOR 6 MONTHS NOW

June 29, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. INSTEAD OF DUSTING HER HOUSE SHE'S TAKING PHOTO'S OF ME WITH ROLLERS IN MY HAIR---

0000

June 29, 2013 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  4. INSTEAD OF DUSTING HER SHE'S TAKING PHOTO'S OF ME WITH ROLLERS IN MY HAIR---

June 29, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. FLAT CHESTED TRYING TOO CREATE AN UNCOMFORTABLE FEELING SO I LEAVE...SORRY YOU WERE HACKED 6 MONTHS PRIOR..

June 29, 2013 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS GOING TOO HACK IN THE REST OF MY LIFE AND YET TREAT ME LIKE ANIMAL--LAST HOUR RESULTS

June 29, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. HACKED IN 6 MONTHS PRIOR TOO RETURN--EXCLUDED BEHAVIOR AND RUDENESS -- GET WHAT SHE DID IN THE LAST HOUR

June 29, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mirna Zarraluqui

Fever and headache are prodromal symptoms of mumps, together with malaise and anorexia. Other symptoms of mumps can include dry mouth, sore face and/or ears and occasionally in more serious cases, loss of voice. In addition, up to 20% of persons infected with the mumps virus do not show symptoms, so it is possible to be infected and spread the virus without knowing it.`..`.

Brand new piece of writing on our very own web blog
    <http://www.healthmedicinebook.com/

June 29, 2013 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sokman

Never watched it, but the 'trembling mustache' quote is enough to peak my interest...

September 23, 2011 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Kate

Oh, god, you have to watch it. It's my favorite show.

If you liked Arrested Development, you'd probably like this.

September 23, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Girl

Omg I loveeee Arrested Development. I miss it :(

Luckily this show is amazing!! It almost fills the void of AD.

September 23, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |