September 21st, 2011

Who was the first celebrity eliminated on 'DWTS'?

HLN's Nancy Grace had the closest of close calls during last night's "Dancing With the Stars" results show.

When Grace was told by co-host Brooke Burke Charvet that she was one of the three celebrities in jeopardy of being eliminated, she appeared a bit sullen. Things only got worse during the elimination announcement when Rob Kardashian was told he'd be back to dance next week.

However, Grace finally breathed a sigh of relief when it was revealed that basketball star Metta World Peace (formerly Ron Artest) would be going home. The hoopster had the lowest score in the first round of competition, garnering 14 of a possible 30 points.

While Grace is relieved she will dance another day, she hopes she'll never have to deal with facing elimination again.

"It was extremely painful," Grace told HLN's Robin Meade after the show. "Did they really need to drag me down there and pretend I'm leaving the show?"

As for Metta World Peace, whose primary job remains on hold due to the NBA lockout, he seemed to enjoy the experience.

"I didn't know how much fun I'd have with dancing, but it was so much fun.  I had a blast."

What did you think of last night's "Dancing" elimination?  Did America get it right?

1. penthouse for sale

Just wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness on your put up is simply nice and i could suppose you are an expert in this subject. Fine with your permission let me to seize your RSS feed to keep up to date with approaching post. Thank you 1,000,000 and please keep up the enjoyable work.

May 5, 2012 at 3:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. mike hooper

It's a shame Nancy Grace is cheating by using her show to promote herself and give herself an unfair advantage over the other contestants that don't have that option available. She's not going to win, of course she knows that. So maybe cheating will get her a couple weeks more at best.

September 26, 2011 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  3. maria

I post a comment where is my comment?

September 21, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. cboo

Nancy was the worse she forgot what she was doing... Chaz next worse, rob was stiff but not too bad, he might be ok he he lieft his tashy big mouthed sisters home....the best dancers was J R and chyanna.

September 21, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Junkpile

It seems like Nancy Grace got a taste of the stress she normally dishes out on her own show. She needs to learn to take it like she gives it.

September 21, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. steppk

thought it was about dancing not ones personal political agendas...or people who have danced before like the dirty dancing winner, This is like the b list except for David Arquette his is a ACTUAL CELEBRITY. THE OTHERS, I DATED A CELEBTRITY, MY SISTERS ARE SORT OF CELEBRITIES, IM A CELBRITY BECAUSE MY MOM IS ONE. i LOVE THE SHOW FOR THE PROS DANCERS,b.ut it should be renamed they r having problems finding real celebrities. Chyna is a real talent

September 21, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. kisa kisa

Peace out Meta...lol

September 21, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. halc

Way to go chaz! I'm rooting for ya! Good riddance metta and next to go is rob!

September 21, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. tina

You voted for chaz ? Chaz iz a she not a he. Chaz waznt that good.

September 21, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • kisa kisa

I would bet any amount of money that Chaz WILL win though.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7m56YH-lHw&w=640&h=390]

September 21, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maria

Tina :you are right he is a SHE .......not matter what she cuts or put in it she is a woman!

September 22, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Boof

Better watch out there Brooke, Nancy Grace will have you tried and convicted of every open crime in the U.S. if she gets eliminated.

September 21, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Rich

I'll tell you – if I was a criminal and looked up to see Nancy Grace was the prosecutor I would just say "shoot me now and get it over with!" She is some kinda scarey!

September 22, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. chaz is the winner

I will vote for him every week. AWESOME !

September 21, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  12. .

I was proud of and for Chaz Bono. They really suprised me. Also seems like an incredibly kind and nice person. I wish em much success and happiness.

September 21, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  13. KillIntolerance

Not unless the sicko is you mom!! Get a life and stop being so hateful....

September 21, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Anomic Office Drone

How can you be offended by Chaz Bono when Nancy Grace is on TV? Prioritize, you hateful man. Prioritize.

September 21, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |