Diddy to publish art book of women's derrieres
September 21st, 2011

Diddy to publish art book of women's derrieres

Sean Diddy Combs is expressing his appreciation for a certain part of a woman's anatomy with a coffee table book.

According to the New Yorker, the entertainment industry mogul has teamed up with photographer Raphael Mazzucco and record exec Jimmy Iovine to craft a 248 page tome filled with artistically rendered images of women's rear ends.

The website for the $65 coffee table book says it derives its title, "Culo by Mazzucco," from the Italian word for buttocks, and carries the tagline, "The World Is No Longer Flat."

The site also explains that "Culo" is "an art, fashion and pop culture movement. No matter if you were raised to call it derriere, tush, rear end, or booty, culo is the new epicenter of female sexuality, desire and empowerment." Adds Iovine, "Fashion needs fewer women who look like boys and more women with some 'Boom Boom Pow.'"

If you're an "Entourage" fan you've actually already seen a few of the images - some of the photos were in the August 28 episode, as Adrian Grenier's Vince was being photographed by Mazzucco, according to a statement.

The photographer admits on the website that "the conversation about creating a book of asses is not your garden variety, cocktail party fare," and says in the statement that he had to think carefully about his approach.

"I wrestled for weeks about how to attack this concept," Mazzucco says in a statement. "I have relished every brush stroke, every hypnotic flash in which I reach deep down in my gut and pull out a glimpse of the world as only I see it."

To see for yourself, the website also offers a video preview of some of the book's images. (Depending on your workplace, you may want to wait until you're off the clock to view.) The book itself will be available on November 22 (just in time for the holiday season).

Filed under: Books

1. モンクレール アウトレット

本当に良いプレミアムダウンウエアの魅力を知ってもらいたい。そして本物の モンクレールを少しでも安く手に入れてもらいたい」をコンセプトにしたモンクレール総合 情報サイトです。 モンクレール アウトレット http://www.freesheepfree.org/monclerdown.html

January 15, 2014 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jayson blackway

I think its cool that diddy decided to publish a book on this topic. we men appreciate it. nice.

December 20, 2011 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Panty Wearing Fairy

I hope some of the pictures are of butts with turds comin out.

September 23, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Monica

Here are some ideas for an art book about women:

Images of women doing important things.

Images of important things or ideas made by women.

Images of dignified women taken by other dignified women.

Sorry, Diddy. Women are people, not toys. We have brains. We are scientists, healers, artists, leaders, and clergy. Welcome to reality.

September 22, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  5. Average Joe

That's because Diddy is himself a woman's derriere.

September 22, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  6. Rock

I like eggs without the yolk – maybe 1 or 2 pieces of bacon once in awhile.
    What were we talking about?

September 22, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  7. sam

Another reason why diddy or whatever he changes his name to never gets my support...disgusting

September 21, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. huh, who me?

i read it....it's good....check it out

September 21, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. truth decay

well you all have to paste this into your browser & read it

September 21, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. TxJim

If Lindsay Lohan and Soulja Boy still sells...

Why not this?

Somebody let him know that people dont buy books anymore.. and I wanted to download pictures of booty onto my kindle I would just watch pron on ipad..

September 21, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Maria

I feel sorry for his wives,and his daughters ,should be them proud of daddy? yeah right ,he should fix his ugly teeth instead of write a book about this nasty word .not class at all!

September 21, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. maria

That is a nasty word for ASS in Spanish , we don't even use in our language unless we are very upset why is he using our Spanish word in this book?I can't believe it is in the front of a book that is disgusting ...oh I forgot "you can take the kid from the ghetto ,but you can't take the ghetto from the kid" it figures where is coming from!

September 21, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • @maria

It says "Italian" right in the article you stupid racist. Both are romance languages, so it's not hard to believe that they have the same word but with two different meanings.

September 22, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. George

I WANT ONE...PLEASE!!!!!!!

September 21, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Josh B.'89

@cap'ncrunch it's just a book about butts calm down.Diddy's from Harlem but he's not trying to be Langston Hughes.

September 21, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Anomic Office Drone

I know Diddy has a big pile of money from things he's done in the past, but are we still pretending he matters?

September 21, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • ropo

actually as of last year, he was still the highest earner in hip hop, though most of his money comes from his business ventures.

September 21, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tee

Thank you Ropo. I love when educate the unlearned on the internet!!

September 22, 2011 at 6:12 am | Report abuse |
  16. mrbluiis

You can take the man out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the man!

September 21, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Damen Richards

Okay white man you're brains' bigger why does it get so stressed over this stuff,can't even let us enjoy big butts you've got everything and like someone said it's Sean Combs there aren't going to be many really large African American women in that book anyway.

September 21, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Anonymous

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 21, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Justin

@ Really What a Joke?

THAT'S right people lets encourage stupidity! this poor sap wouldn't know what a real woman was about if it hit him in the face, I'm so sick of ignorant people with their inordinate ways selling their stupidity it the stupid people of this world and making millions off other peoples lack of self respect. Come on is this the kind of crap we want our children and grand children looking at and is this the kind of people we want them looking up to? P Diddiy Puff Diddy what ever his name is, he is a JOKE to mankind, he will do what ever it takes to get attention good or bad. I say let his kind be and don't give them the time of day and they will go away. I feel sorry for his mother and his family.

Dude really? I mean this upsets you that much? You need to change your tampon man! LOL

September 21, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Observer

Not since "Tubgirl.com" will one thing so change the image we have of women.

September 21, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  21. tracie

MMMmmmmm butts and doo doo

September 21, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Really What a Joke?

September 21, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. cola

Nothing like sacred space in your face!

I feel sorry for women though.

Many women love the attention (like Kim Kardashian), but most women don't. I would hate it if everyday I walked out of my house and all peopled looked at or cared about was my behind.

This book will be a great piece of art – the human body is a beautiful creation. It is unfortunate that the greater cause of women to rise above being looked at as just simply another piece of tail will not be helped by its publication.

September 21, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Cola

"Many women love the attention (like Kim Kardashian), but most women don't." :/ Huh? I'm not that jerk how tries to feel superior by correcting peoples' grammar in the comments, but I simply don't understand what your saying. Many women and than most women? Maybe you meant "some women" and than "most"? Anyway, don't be offended.

September 22, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Cola

Excuse me I meant *who :p

September 22, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Rickardo

Gorillas have giant asses too. Just saying.

September 21, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  25. V. P.

You people have sick minds and sound like you need some help. Borrow some class before posting.

September 21, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  26. sam

First breast now asses. What will they exploit next about a woman. How bout we exam them teeth of his. They are out of range.

September 21, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  27. kgriggs0207

@poop, did your baby sitter quit again?

September 21, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Skegeeace

A butt writing a book about butts. Fitting.

September 21, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  29. rashid

For God's sake, DIddy, get your teeth fixed. We've been looking at your overbite for 10 years. What's the matter, too expensive? Every pic has your buckteeth and open mouth. Sheesh,

September 21, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doodee Rustler

I hope the pictures are scratch and sniff.

September 21, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
      • kisa kisa

LMBO...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7m56YH-lHw&w=640&h=390]

September 21, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  30. jujubeans

I hope he gets a good one of JLo.

September 21, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  31. xdougx

Diddy had to put out a picture book because he cant read and so wouldn't even be able to review a book which is always ghost written for celebrities anyway...

September 21, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tony

You win the best remark award, right next to the scratch and sniff one.

September 21, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • ropo

Diddy might not be very talented as an artist, but he definitely isn't stupid. He has an MBA and has made all of that money from being a savvy businessman. What's your net worth?

September 21, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • DURRRRRRR

He does not have an MBA. He dropped out of Howard. And anyone that speaks spanish knows that Nalgas would be the correct term for the rear. Culo means butthole.

September 22, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Durrrrr

Italian, not Spanish, is the language indicated in the article. Please read more carefully next time. Thank you.

September 22, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Brazil4life

http://www.VenusRevolution.com is where it all started!

September 21, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  33. smokey

The success and wealth of this guy is testament to the stupidity and gullibility of the consumer.

September 21, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  34. NoT shocked

I sooo agree. And I'm a black women :) I will not be shocked to see very few of us in this book.

September 21, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rock

Ive touched some black bootie here and there and it can be quite enjoyable.

September 22, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  35. Geezer

I'm buying several copies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 21, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  36. jim

It will look nice beside that other idiots book,you know,the one with 1 word per page.

September 21, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  37. LT

Beautiful idea...

September 21, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Jason

I know what my inlaws will be getting for X-Mas this year!

September 21, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Fred

I wonder if my wife will get this for me as a stocking stuffer this year for X-Mas? :)

September 21, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  40. Amanda Juee

Leave it to Diddy to start controversy.The last time it was because he changed his name to Swag,haters blew it up I can't to read some of these comments.

September 21, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  41. .

so. this sounds like a dumb idea.

September 21, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  42. Dirty sanCHAZ

Im lovin it already.

September 21, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  43. Erisian

Quit wasting my air.

September 21, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Redd

I would love to see your racist CULO in person, little B!tch Boy.

September 21, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Paco

Why Redd? Your black ass wouldnt do anything except run that mouth then take a beatdown.

September 21, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Rickardo

I'll come visit you. What are visiting hours at the prison you're in?

September 21, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  47. sam

White girls never had asses and the ones that do worked hard to get it. It's natural for African Americans. Ask your ancestors.

September 21, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Carlsbad Canyon

Let's see, large brains vs. large asses, I wonder which one has helped more throughout the course of human history...

September 21, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Really What a Joke?

Thank you! Where is the like button?

September 21, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Moonchild

Interesting question...which one do you think help more throughout the course of history?

September 22, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |