'Avatar' land coming to Disney World
September 21st, 2011

'Avatar' land coming to Disney World

James Cameron's big-budget hit "Avatar" is going to become part of Walt Disney Theme Parks, CNN has learned.

Filmmaker Cameron and Fox Filmed Entertainment are teaming up with Disney to bring the first "Avatar" land to the Orlando, Florida theme park Disney World.

"'Avatar' created a world which audiences can discover again and again and now, through this incredible partnership with Disney, we'll be able to bring Pandora to life like never before," Cameron says in a press release.

Multiple "lands," based on the high-tech flick, are being planned for installation. According to the press release, construction is expected to begin on the first theme land by 2013, and it'll be located in the Animal Kingdom park. "With its emphasis on living in harmony with nature, Animal Kingdom is a natural fit for the 'Avatar' stories, which share the same philosophy," the press release reads.

"I'm chomping at the bit to start work with Disney's legendary Imagineers to bring our 'Avatar' universe to life," Cameron says of the project. "Our goal is to go beyond current boundaries of technical innovation and experiential storytelling, and give park goers the chance to see, hear, and touch the world of 'Avatar' with an unprecedented sense of reality."

As the movie franchise grows, so will the themed lands. "With two new 'Avatar' films currently in development, we'll have even more locations, characters and stories to explore," Cameron said of the film's future with Disney.

1. Glennie Sikat

Food can be outrageously expensive at Walt Disney World and sometimes, of poor quality. There are also great things with Disney World, like a great way to get rejuvenated and re-energized for the next busy day is to take advantage of one of the luxurious spas that are located at the deluxe resorts from Walt Disney World. Those are actually the only products of his prodigious and rich creativity.,:

Most up to date post from our new web site
    <http://www.melatoninfaq.com

May 4, 2013 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. Danimal

Can't wait! The Animal Kingdom is already my favorite park anyhow. I hope they pull it off. What a beautiful movie!

September 14, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. vegas

save your [ennies–I am sure by then it will cost you your first born to see the attraction. Disney did raise thier prices during the recession..gotta love the wonderful world of greed.

September 26, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. Kim

Awesome...it will take a while to complete I'm sure and that should be just in time to take my two granddaughter's on their first trip to Disney World. I went when I was ten and I took my soon when he was ten also...so 5 more years and we'll be there again!

September 22, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. Cabbage Merchant

My cabbages! My cabbages! That freakin' arrowhead dude and his friends knock my cart over every time they come through town. Not this time! Got my 9 loaded and ready!

September 21, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aang

(Flies over Cabbage Merchant with glider, knocking over his cabbage kart) YEAHHH! HA HA HA HA!

September 21, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katara

(chasing after Aang and yelling back to the cabbage merchant) Sorry about that!!

September 22, 2011 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
  6. Anomic Office Drone

I would go if I was already going to Disney World, but it doesn't make me want to take a special trip just to see Avatar stuff.

September 21, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • allmylifeinpdx

I agree, and at my age, hopefully it's more of a hands on walk through – to bad they couldn't put it at Universal Studios where there are less "rides". It would be cool if you could get into a walker and move it around a bit :)

September 22, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |