Jon Voight turned down 'Dancing with the Stars'
September 19th, 2011

Jon Voight turned down 'Dancing with the Stars'

As much as you may want to see Jon Voight dance, don't count on it.

The 72-year-old actor told CNN that although "Dancing With the Stars" approached him about signing up for the reality competition, he turned it down.

"They asked me to do 'Dancing With the Stars,' and you know it would probably be fun for people to watch me dance, but I'm an old fella now," Voight said. Although he doesn't see himself doing the cha cha on network TV anytime soon, he does have respect for those who do.

The new season premieres tonight with Metta World Peace, HLN's Nancy Grace, Rob Kardashian, Chaz Bono, David Arquette, Elisabetta Canalis, Kristin Cavallari, Carson Kressley, Ricki Lake, Hope Solo, Chynna Phillips and J.R. Martinez.

In Voight's estimation, if you sign up for the show you can't be that bad a dancer - after all, you have to learn all the moves each week, he says. We'll see if his theory holds true when "DWTS" kicks off tonight at 8 p.m. ET.

1. cheap baby push chairs

Fantastic website. Lots of helpful info here. I am sending it to a few buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks for your effort!

April 23, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bernard antigha

pls link me up.

October 16, 2011 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  3. Chaz Bono

The ALMIGHTY CHAZ is hears ya. That right Im CHAZ and I RULE. I SAID IT and I say this. Next week IM gonna be rocking some ManShorts, no shirt and some suspenders. OH YEAH CHAZ will be looking hot for his fans.

OH YEAH!!! GOD I ROCK!!

September 20, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. TO CHAZ BONO

CHAZ BONO, IF YOU CAN COMMENT FIRST ON THESE ARTICLES I WILL PUT IN MY 5 VOTES FOR YOU EVERY WEEK TO KEEP YOUR MANBELLY ON THIS SHOW... TIRED OF PORTALJUNK AND HIS NO-LIFE SELF INSISTING ON COMMENTING FIRST FOR NO REASON AT ALL... HAS NO RELEVANCE TO THE ARTICLE...

GO CHAZ GO!!! YOU ARE OUR HERO!!!

September 20, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Chaz Bono

"Because Im Chaz Im Chaz Im Chaz chaz chaz
    and the whole world has to answer right now
    as I tell you once again, WHO'S CHAZ!!"

September 20, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  6. Chaz Bono

I just loved dancing for you all last night, my adoring public. I was right in step, my partner is beautiful and im a GREAT Dancer. Just between you and I...I KICKED ALL THEIR ASSES!!

September 20, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sokman

Jon Voight could still kick all our a**es

September 20, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  8. Mayhem

do you mean hand solo ?

September 19, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Newo

pretty sure Hope Solo is gonna take that show by storm

September 19, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chaz Bono

Uh NO I dont think so. CHAZ is taking that show by Storm. Hope Solo thinks she has a manly tight body but she can in no way compare to CHAZ.

IM DUH BOMB!!

September 20, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Chaz Bono

Hope SoHO my ass. She is going down like a cheap ho on a Saturday night OH YEAH...I said it! Chaz rocks and Im rocking a big manBelly and when I do my bellySplash all over you faces you gonna know what CHAZ is all about.

September 20, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mark

I wish his real reason was that he is man of integrity and would rather preserve his creative legacy than sell out with a bunch of has-been D list sewer trash on reality tv. No oscar winner should ever stoop so low. When oh when will faux celebrity just die?

September 19, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chaz Bono

This house belong to CHAZ and you fools know it. This is MY HOUSE. WHO LET THE DOGS out...woof woof. I gotcha D-list sewer trash in my pants!! OH YEAH OH YEAH...suck some of my sewer trash ya hater.

IM CHAZ...YA!! *POOT* <–Sniff my CHAZinator!! OH YEAH!!

September 20, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. Victoria Vasquez

Am totally looking forward to DWTS tonite! At the very least it will be entertaining and maybe even inspiring! Give people a chance to prove themselves...you may learn something!

Victoria Vasquez
    Vision Without Glasses

September 19, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mayhem

Hey, let's ask Angelina Jolie what she thinks of her daddy being on DWTS...hey, they should get Christopher Walken on DWTS...he'd mop the comp UP!

September 19, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chaz Bono

OH I DONT THINK SO...Im put Christophers old behind in Walker. OH YEAH, CHAZ SAID and it will happen. And Ron Artest Im gonna send you running for home. By the time IM thru you gonna think a pack of dogs and 12 police are hot on your trail. RON, CHAZ IS SENDING YOU BACK TO THE GHETTO!!!

Thats right, Chaz said it. Oh YEAH, CHAZ IS DOWN and CHAZ IS BAD!!

September 20, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  13. JR

Jon Voight is an a$S-hole!!

September 19, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Triple H ~ Fan

He would have hurt himself sliding around the floor like an anaconda. RuPaul is a drama queen. He would take over the show and make it all about "RuPaul" and I'm so the drag queen. I think he is up there in age as well.

September 19, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chaz Bono

RuPaul is a sissy and can in no way, shape or form compare to CHAZ! Thats right "Im the CHAZ, IM the CHAZ and now beats the CHAZ;"

I jerk RuPauls wig off, put my big manBelly in her face and force her to clean out my bellybutton lint. IM THE CHAZ!!

September 20, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  15. Get Real

They shoulda got RuPaul to be on here with Chaz.

September 19, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Lewis

I don't blame him. Dancing like that is hard on the body and he isn't young. He could break something.

September 19, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Ibraham

That or maybe he is lesbein.

September 19, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Ibraham

Im pretty sure he is gay. He wouldnt spell his name JON if he wasnt.

September 19, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |