Four officially ousted from NYC 'Housewives'
September 19th, 2011

Four officially ousted from NYC 'Housewives'

The rumors are true! Bravo's “The Real Housewives of New York City” is losing over half its cast.

CNN has confirmed that Jill Zarin, Alex McCord, Kelly Bensimon and Cindy Barshop are not returning for season 5 of the Bravo reality series.

A Bravo spokesperson told CNN: “Ramona Singer, Sonja Morgan and LuAnn De Lesseps will be returning for season five of 'The Real Housewives of New York City.' We’ve had a fabulous run with all the ladies and appreciate them sharing their lives with our viewers. It is a friendly departure among the other ladies and we continue to have on-going discussions with them.”

In case you lost track, that only leaves Ramona Singer, Sonja Morgan and LuAnn De Lesseps. Countess LuAnn and Ramona are the only original cast members left.

But don’t mourn the loss of these ladies just yet. McCord is already hinting at a new TV project, emailing People: "Of course Simon and I are sad not to continue with 'RHONY' but it's a friendly decision and discussions with Bravo are ongoing for other projects."

Alex's husband Simon Van Kempen seconds that. Simon told The Hollywood Reporter that he and Alex "don't intend for this to be the final time you'll see us on television.”

Jill also may be rustling up a new project. "Millionaire Matchmaker's" Patti Stanger has tweeted, "Hey @Jillzarin fans: don't panic, she may have a show of her own...stay tuned!"

Cindy Barshop, meanwhile, does have that hair removal/vajazzling business to fall back on.

1. EP Sato

Good riddance! They got rid of the unpleasant cast members! Kelly's a complete and total idiot. She's also crazy. No loss there. Post plastic surgery Jill's not the same woman she was and was also off kilter last season. Cindy and her teeth were a bad fit for this crew.

I will miss Alex. She and her eccentric husband were a lot of fun to witness. Yes, they're both oddball, but they love each other and there's something to be said about a "reality" tv couple that really love each other.

The new blood will be a good addition. The show's been needing a bit of a revamp since the skinny girl left. Ugg, why'd they have to keep count-less Luanne though?

October 12, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jennaree m

if alex is the example of a good education, may we all remain stupid. if alex has a face for modeling, guess ugly is in. she hasn't found her voice. she is rude, dissrespectul and has no manners. be gone with her and thank you. love Jill tho. she stirred the pot and kept things cooking. I can't do another season of Ramona. she is the biggest example of everything i don't want to be, see, or hear. selfish, rude, greedy, nasty, hateful and hurtful. there are so many bridges in new york, can't she find one and put it to good use?

October 2, 2011 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  3. steppk-st louis

I agree the housewives are so tacky language is a nightmare, its a conxtant beeeep I only liked alex but wont miss any of them can't stand sonja or the countess is bonoxious. got to hate jill. she is not series worthy. Andy love you but dont degrad women the way you are the oc bathetub was over the top very disapponted in most of the shows. MIllionaire match maker I hate the language is disgusting Patti is ugly and foul so what she thinks she a matchmaker her matches are pretty poor. Kathy the comic i wont watch.shes gross... and Im from st louis i know ur school they have to be crenching, do u thionk ur AUDIENCE WONT WATCH IF U DONT ACT AND TALK NASTY. SAD...IM DONE

September 21, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Patti/Ohio

Are you kidding me? Everyone that is gone except Alex should have stayed. They needed to get rid of Ramona, Sonja and Alex. I don't know if I will watch now that the others are gone. BAD DECISION!!

September 21, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  5. AZ/Josie

Did you really have to leave Luann in charge? She is so obnoxious , fake and stuffy. She thinks she runs the show! No class whatsoever. I loved Alex! So what if she lives in Brooklyn! She's down-to-earth and quirky , but fun! Maybe Bethenny would bring Alex to her show!

September 21, 2011 at 3:08 am | Report abuse |
  6. BIG IDEAS

Unfortunately the reality platform of the RHWshows made the cast overindulgent and opportunistic. Most of them are largely cashing in from their products sales, and inserting all kinds of business ventures from books to jewelry and OMG.... music CDs sales. They are openly living larger than life (travelling, partying, drinking) from the gifts of large pockets sponsors.
    For unknown reasons people respond well to bizarre and rude behavior. Under pretenses of a rich glamourized life, those ladies are a bad example for people everywhere and what life is all about. Sophisticated people, with real manners don't have their lives exposed in reality shows for financial gain.
    They work their social circles with poise and confidence. Not yelling, screaming and misbehaving on TV.
    On the other hand, Andy, you conduct yourself with class, good manners and humor. On the Millionaire matchmaker diva... besides the sometimes out of control temper of Patty , she is telling some nutcase guys the true about dating and respect a woman. If anyone will get married or not, is not really the point. Every time she pointed out on their over self-centered behavior she is doing a favor for all girls out there. ..Seriously. It’s only entertaining people...

September 20, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. DARTH VADER

there should be a show about the men that feed and clothe these gold digging dirtbags.

September 20, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  8. MK

Thank you Bravo for letting Jill go. She was mean, nasty and sarcastic and I wanted to turn Bravo off when she appeared last season. I hope you do not give her another show on your station. Thank you.

September 20, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. Bye Bye

How about we oust all these trash reality shows? They are nothing but mindless, fake, toilet TV to keep people on the couch, getting fatter and non-thinking. You are what you put into your minds people...Nope, I don't watch and don't need to. I already know it's all shyt!!!

September 20, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  10. missedthecall

The "countess" should have been axed...she gives nothing to the show but her condescending moments and etiqueete tips, meanwhile sticking her large nose in everyone elses business and then she stands up and leaves without leaving the other girls speak. And her and her new boyfriend..talk about tacky. get some class and stop talking down to people you are not above.

September 20, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  11. Toon

Good riddance to that vile shrew Jill Zarin.

September 20, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  12. Linda

You couldn't get rid of Louann as well? Can't stand her "Darling's" anymore.

September 20, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  13. britt

If we liked them all would it be fun to watch ? If I had to pick one for a friend, I'd go for Jill, only because Bethanny is gone.

September 20, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  14. Sokman

Now if they can only get rid of about three more they may have a good show...

September 20, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  15. sallie

bring Alex back please and get rid of the classless countess!!!!!

September 20, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  16. Mary

I'm glad Jill's gone....NO MISTAKE THERE.

September 20, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  17. Phyl

Agree with all the ladies that were let go. I only wish they would have kept Alex & let LuAnn go. Jill with the help of LuAnn was the biggest b-- on the show & Kelly should have been let go after Bethanney's final season. Cindy was simply a DUD. Alex found her voice this season & for that it seems Bravo is punishing her. As far as Jill getting her own show, please, it would be duller then Dina Manzo's or Matchmaker. She needs to just concentrate on helping her husband with his business & giving us all a break.

September 20, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  18. Coop

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 20, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  19. Kyle Brovlosky

MUFF CABBAGE! Ya hear me! Ya sh!t is CABBAGE!

September 20, 2011 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  20. jb2817

So there'll be 4 more skags on the corners soon. Time to gas up the Chevelle.

September 20, 2011 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  21. Bill

Thank God...Bravo finally put the trash out at the curb! They need to do it with all the "Real" housewives......trash, trash, trash!

September 20, 2011 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  22. Stuff It

Yikes- that sucks...... the only one that really needed to go was LuAnn, who is an evil self serving back stabbing beast- she's like a bad Dynasty character- not an ounce of class in that person- without her, there would be much less fighting.... i find the fighting between these ladies to be very boring- i like to see them doing fun stuff together, their charities, and vacations and their business ventures........ i don't think it's the fighting that makes these shows interesting- and it makes these women look ridiculous......the biggest tragedy is this: now that they are not all lumped together on one pathetic show, they are each going to have their own pathetic shows? STAB.........

September 20, 2011 at 4:14 am | Report abuse |
  23. lily

I really wish they would have gotten rid of Luanne. She comes off as the worst person of the bunch. I don't know why that woman thinks she is the master of etiquette when she is a two-faced gossip monger. And I wish she would stop trying to sing. Puh-lease, lady. Very embarrassing to watch. Jill is evil but she makes for good TV. And I think Alex was probably the only one on there that actually showed growth as a person from the first season when she was very much a shallow social climber.

September 20, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
    • jeany

so agree with you. miss alex too. do not miss QUEEN luanne. what a vicious snob. glad bettany got out. kelly was a has been model and actress, whatever happened to that man she and her daughters knew. oh, well, just one man to come and go to and from her life and confuse her kids. jill i like at the beginning but found her judgemental,. crude and downright mean. is this the way real people are? so disappointed in the human race. cindy should never been there. the show just wanted to show how rich people keep nasty houses when they lose their money and can't afford maids or pooper scoopers. don't watch that frequently any more but keep me posted. thanks, jeany

October 18, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  24. tammi wilson

I wish they would of Dumped lousy Luann,and kept busybody Jill.But sooo glad they dumped Kelly,cindy and "Oh,so boring Alex

September 20, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  25. DONT THROW STONES AT A GLASS HOUSE

HATERS

September 20, 2011 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  26. DONT THROW STONES AT A GLASS HOUSE

HATERS GET A LIFE

September 20, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  27. Denise

Bravo should have fired the entire RHONY cast after that fiasco of a reunion after this past season. Everyone's behavior was disgusting and I'm done with them all. Sorry, Andy, too little, too late. See ya, Real Housewives series. Yes, ALL of them. They don't breed decent behavior and I don't care to be a party to that any longer, and I've watched since the beginning. Ta ta.

September 19, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Eddie

If these women are representative of socialites, there's absolutely no reason to aspire to be one. I feel so sorry for them as a whole because whatever their bank account says, they seem to use their wealth to 'buy' for themselves the privilege of acting gauche with impunity.

September 19, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  29. lol

That show stopped being interesting when Bethanny left.

September 19, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Crustytuna

Ah my favorite wetcougar Kelly is moving on huh? Man she's bat s h it crazy!

September 19, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Rhonda

Big Mistake loosing Zarin. BIG MISTAKE

September 19, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • THEB

Nope. No mistake. She was getting nasty. Hasn't gotten over the fact that Bethany became a bigger celeb than her. No mistake at all...

September 20, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Fore Skin

This show is beginning to go downhill. Out with the old and in with the new!

September 19, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Deb

Glad Jill is gone!! What a nasty girl she turned out to be. Kelly & Cindy didn't bring anything to the show. Alex was really freaky last seaon!! That trip to Morocco was such a boring 3 weeks. You do need new blood to continue these shows. I have been nodding off also at NJ show. Theresa & her horrible husband Joe are just obnoxious. I couldn't watch the Ashley air time – – she is such a jerk – – Jacqueline and her family should be fired along with Theresa. and those Manzo boys do not lent anything to the show. And Patty Stanger's show has gotten so boring – -the same thing each episode and no one finds love!! Orange Co housewives I also cannot watch any longer. I love Andy, but he needs to come up with new stuff.l

Try findiing other original shows like the Millionaire designers – – best show you show. The other shows are getting old. Just my 2 cents. Bravo was the only station I looked at, but am drifting away.

September 19, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Wondering Mind

So what was the lie that caused the boot?

September 19, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  35. nancy

bring jill back/????????????????????????

September 19, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Triple H ~ Fan

@elm...Triple H is so much man. He can black and blue me any day.

September 19, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  37. RHaddict

Alex and Simon were interesting in a weird sort of way. They should have kept them.

Kelly = failing of our mental health services to adequately help schizophrenic anorexics
    Jill -seemed likable at first but then exposed for what she really is – nasty
    Cindy – Who (said in my most boring monotone)?

Sonia – Still trying to figure out why they think she is interesting – should have ditched her too!!
    LuAnne – snorefest darling!

Ramona – funny, crazy, very watchable
    Bethany – the real thing that made this show fun and interesting

This season was so boring!!

September 19, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • LMM

I agree with all but one. I did enjoy Sonia. The rest were perfect! You were spot on. And, I was really surprised they kept LuAnne. Guess she had surgery to remove that stick where the sun "don't" shine...

September 19, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  38. CP

But that leaves us with the BUGGED-EYED Romana! Who will now be even more vile. Ugh!

September 19, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Grayson Debbie

Ramona Singer should have been replaced long ago. At least Jill spoke her mind and was not afraid to do it.

September 19, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patti/Ohio

I so agree with you Debbie. I could just slap that womans face.

September 21, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  40. Merrily

Awe, I liked Jill and finally started to like Kelly after her psychotic episodes came down a notch, I'm going to miss the ladies. And I agree with the above... Please Countess – NO MORE SINGING!!! or I'll never watch again...

September 19, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  41. NCSoftballgurl

Great, now I won't have to watch. Those three are like watching paint dry. Now who will Ramona and Sonja talk down too....or over?

September 19, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  42. tan

The "Countess" is going to fold like a napkin without her support team. This will be her last season.

September 19, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • LMM

One can only hope!!

September 19, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bonnie of Florida

I will never bow to calling this LuAnn "Countass" she has been SO FULL OF HERSELF just feel so bad for her kind...She tries to tell everyone else what to do and how it should be done and a question for her is "and WHO died and made HER God"..back atcha girl...

September 19, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • mark in nyc

see you next tuesday, luann

September 19, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Snarky

I was kinda surprised they booted Jill but her voice was like fingernails on a blackboard and one could only take so much of it. I know I tuned out months ago. I hear you are now going to have to put up with Ramona's menopausal claptrap..oh you lucky people. Maybe her wonderful Mario will finally get caught with his "pants on the ground"...hahaha...now that would make for a fun show. I know Alex and Simon will be missed (NOT) and the wonderful demon spawn they call children. I did kinda like Cindy and her facial expressions. As far as Kelly went....she is nuts..no doubt about it. OK I may watch a few of the new shows just to see how the new crew is but doubt if you can keep my interest. I almost puked when I flipped over to NJ and saw the knuckle dragging Joe and that horrible Melissa....(oh my god just the thought of those two naked in bed makes me want to vomit) made me swear off *reality (yeah right) TV forever. Please, no more songs by the Countless.....

September 19, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Crocky

I will definitely say that due to the increase of these kinds of shows on cable, that was a huge part of me deciding to get rid of my cable service, and I've never regretted it. I stopped watching the show after Bethenny left, so this is no big loss.

September 21, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Triple H ~ Fan

I used to watch this show, not anymore. Some of the women are so mean spirited. Seems most of these HW ladies bring a lot of drama to the table. What person would want to be around that constant drama and condescending remarks.

September 19, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Get Real

RHOATP: Real Housewives of the Alabama Trailer Park! these gals can skin a catfish and drive a tractor!

September 19, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Al

BRAVO used to be a classy channel ..... once they started with Real Housewives, they became another trashy, low no class, trailer trash channel ......

September 19, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • mark in nyc

bravo has become a network of tacky, yet typically mindless crap. thank andy cohen for destroying what was once a reputable and entertaining option.

September 19, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patti/Ohio

Al you need to tell us how you really feel lol.

September 21, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  47. Dionne

Thank you GOD! so glad they removed the most toxic brain dead drama loving members! THANK YOU BRAVO!!!!

September 19, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Horace

I'm glad Alex Avatar Mccord will be gone. She was so awkward and lame.

September 19, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Crys

I hate to go all middle school here, but I'm not a fan of the housewives. I'm thinking it's more like "Plastic Housewives of New York" aka PHONY.

September 19, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Jill Payne

Will miss you ladies on RHONY!

September 19, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |