'Blair Witch Project' creator ready for another
September 19th, 2011

'Blair Witch Project' creator ready for another

Just when you were OK to go camping again, horror movie website Bloody Disgusting reports that the filmmakers who brought you "Blair Witch” are still intent on making another installation a reality.

“Blair Witch” creator Eduardo Sanchez revealed that he’s ready to do a third film to resuscitate the franchise’s legacy. The new movie will be unrelated to Artisan’s 2000 flick “Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2,” which Sanchez says, “wasn’t really a sequel to our movie.”

Sanchez and Daniel Myrick co-wrote and directed the revolutionary 1999 horror film, which followed film students investigating a local legend. The pair announced their version of a sequel in 2009, but few new details emerged since.

"It's completely up to Lionsgate," Sanchez said of starting production on the film, which he notes is not a guarantee. "It's just a matter of getting our schedules in line and having Lionsgate sign off on the idea,” he explains.

Myrick and Sanchez’s vision “would be a direct sequel to our film living in that mythology of Burkittsville, being possessed, haunted by something.”

“The Blair Witch Project," which relied on the now frequently used low-budget, faux-documentary style, made $250 million dollars at the box office. An Internet campaign had the public wondering if the movie’s “found footage” was real or not.

Do you think Sanchez & Co. could recreate the hype for a new "Blair Witch" movie if one ever found its way to theaters?

1. Karimaz Eberattl

I'm curious to find out what blog platform you happen to be utilizing? I'm having some minor security issues with my latest site and I'd like to find something more secure. Do you have any suggestions?

July 4, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dumpling

"Blair Witch" pretty much sucked the fat one, but his second movie, "Altered," was quite great.

September 23, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Gerardo

I remember when this movie first came out, I thought it was real!!!
    Horror Stories

September 21, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. Oinker

Worst f'in movie ever made. Notable only for the number of people who puked from motion sickness.

September 21, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  5. seniorblanco

Yes! Yes! Yes! A thousand times Yes! Anyone who thinks this movie was boring is boring. Watch it again, by yourself, in the dark... Great premise, one of the best ever.

September 20, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Sokman

Selma Blair? Linda Blair? I dont get it

September 20, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jodi

Most of the movie was actually filmed here –> Seneca Creek State Park in Gaithersburg, MD

And at the time – it was a pretty scary movie (pre-Paranormal Activity)... Not sure what they can do with a sequel though...

September 20, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  8. SmarterthanU

You are 10 years too late! Please don't make another headache movie. My eyes can't take it. Wait! It's gonna be a 3D movie......kill me now!

September 20, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
    • oinker

With the sequel they could try to actually make a decent movie.

September 21, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  9. Aaron

Why do they keep on talking about it? I also wondered why.
    Just like you, I was also puzzled every time they try to conceal it when they include it
    In the topic. All I know, people who are acquainted in this topic are amazingly rich.

Let’s find the answer at Google, just type “BlueGoldHunt” and click the first site.

September 20, 2011 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  10. Dirty Sanchez

Hollywood is really running out of ideas. Someone should pay you NOT 2 make that movie. And to all of you who thought the first movie was good, u should drug out in the woods in the middle of canada and left there. Believe me- grizzly bears and wolves are scarier than a stupid witch story. Wanna watch a bunch of scary witches? Just watch "The View" in the morning.

September 20, 2011 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  11. chris

The original was a classic! The 2nd film they made failed horribly. I don't see them ever making a sequel that will equal or surpass the original. I'll check it out though if they try.

September 20, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jeff

The first one was a classic. I'm always amazed at people that didn't get it. It was so creative and ahead of its time. If they want to do a real sequel, good for them.

September 19, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. April

Please God NO! The first one sucked ass! Please do not waste another second on that snoozefest!

September 19, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. starrfire

I was amused by the movie. I worked in Burkittsville (where the movie was shot) for 14 yrs and there's no such thing as witches – trust me. My kids played around there outside at night and at the cemetery and they were never afraid. My opinion – the movie was boring...

September 19, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • chris

You're very naive if you think there's no such thing as witches.

September 20, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  15. Louie

That movie scared the stuff out of me. I don't think my heart can take a sequel, but I'm willing to try.

September 19, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Sarah Jessica Parker

Sorry to spoil the surprise but I'll be in the movie... guess what role I will be playing...

September 19, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |