Sheen wishes 'Two and a Half Men' the best at Emmys
September 18th, 2011

Sheen wishes 'Two and a Half Men' the best at Emmys

When they revealed that Charlie Sheen was going to announce the nominees for outstanding lead actor in a comedy series, perhaps you didn't know what to expect.

But it turns out, whatever you were guessing he was going to do, he offered something of a contrite moment instead. "Before I present lead actor in a comedy series, my old category, I want to take a moment to get something off my chest and say a few words [to the cast of 'Two and a Half Men']" Sheen told the audience. "From the bottom of my heart, I wish you nothing but the best for this upcoming season. We spent eight wonderful years together, and I know you will continue to make great television."

And then, it was back to the Emmys ... with a nice laugh during the lead actress in a comedy series announcement.

After Jim Parsons nabbed the Emmy for outstanding lead actor in a comedy series, Sofia Vergara and Rob Lowe began to announce the lead actress in a comedy nominees ... which brought each and every actress on stage.

Amy Poehler popped up on stage first, followed by Melissa McCarthy, Martha Plimpton, Laura Linney, Edie Falco and Tina Fey. Although Rob Lowe assured the women that they were "all winners," Melissa McCarthy of "Mike and Molly" took the win. She got flowers and a crown in addition to her Emmy and was visibly shocked and moved by the recognition.

"My first and best pageant ever!" McCarthy exclaimed. After running through thank you's, including to her cast, her husband, and parents, she started to wrap up by saying, "I'm going to cry... I'm from Plainfield, Illinois, and I'm standing here and it's kind of amazing. "

Filed under: Awards Season • Emmys

1. online financing

Hello, Neat post. There is an issue with your website in web explorer, may test this? IE nonetheless is the market chief and a good component to folks will pass over your magnificent writing due to this problem.

July 26, 2012 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  2. FIX IN TX

Charlie Sheen was on Jay Leno and the Today Show with Matt Lauer last week and was trying to make amends. He stated that he was sober and trying to be a good dad to all his kids. He also stated that if he was the boss on Two and a Half Men he would have fired himself. I believe he stated that he has a potential new job on the horizon too. This was all on the Marquee last Friday. I truly think that what Mr. Sheen did last night was a very adult and mature thing to do. We all make mistakes and it takes a big man to stand up and admit mistakes made. Well done Charlie!!!

September 19, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jeff920

Only time will tell if Sheen is sincere in his apologies and well wishing. He certainly has made a wreck of his life and he looks terrible. He's had a lot of chances to try and make amends for his addicitive behavior, but I have to believe that no matter what he's done, he deserves yet another chance to make it right. We all deserve at least that much.

September 19, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Triple H ~ Fan (WWE - Winner!!!)

Breathe*

September 19, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Triple H ~ Fan (WWE - Winner!!!)

Yes...alot of people walk on water it seems. Meanwhile, they are drowning, can't breath and, they have no idea why they feel the way that they do. G()d only knows they forgot how to laugh. *** three wishes ***

September 19, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Tony

You can't unring a bell. Who knows what is ahead for him. He is a funny guy, but million dollar jobs don't come easy.

September 19, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. bieberfan24

Plus I think he might be gay.

September 19, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  8. T.Snyder

I think two and half men should bring Charlie back as a ghost...it would be hilarious! Just remember, you got that idea from me ;-)

September 19, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. aNN

go away you woman beating ,drunken, drug addict

September 19, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  10. loJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfbWK3KgvFk&w=640&h=390]

September 19, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  11. sarah

We are so forgiving! Has Mr. Sheen gone to Rehab? No, he was just sober enough for the show.Has he said he was sorry for the rants,for putting his young children ina unhealthy situation?No,he was just sober enough for the show.He has done nothing to address his addictions,yet we cheer him on.Hopefully when he "crashes &burns" again,he won't put others at risk,like behind the wheel of a car

September 19, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
    • @ sarah

Let's just hope your "high and mighty" self doesn't run into any problems in your life that others can look at with a microscope... but then again, I'm pretty sure if we did we could sure find a lot more problems on your end than the celebrity you are heavily judging.

September 19, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  12. michaelfury

September 19, 2011 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  13. 8 toes

He is sooooo sweet. Were his goddesses with him? I wonder of he has taught his children how to smoke cracks yet?

September 19, 2011 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  14. Beautiful Vixen

Awww that was really nice of him.

September 18, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Lucyinthesky

charlie Sheen rocks, now looking forward to watch his roast and new tv show (maybe with it he will win an emmy..ha!)

September 18, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |