Louis van Amstel talks Chaz Bono and 'DWTS'
September 16th, 2011

Louis van Amstel talks Chaz Bono and 'DWTS'

Brad Pitt is getting a lot of heat for an interview with Parade magazine! Brad opened up about his relationship with Angelina Jolie and his past marriage to Jennifer Aniston, but a lot of people aren’t happy with what Brad said about Jen.

Immediately after the interview was released, the Brad backlash started and it became so great that Brad backtracked and said he was misquoted. "It grieves me that this was interpreted this way," he said in a statement. "Jen is an incredibly giving, loving and hilarious woman...The point I was trying to make is not that Jen was dull, but that I was becoming dull to myself – and that, I am responsible for.”

I think Brad is usually very careful in choosing his words about his private life, so I do think he regrets answering the question the way he did. I’m inclined to cut him slack here. As long as Jen understands where he was coming from, that should be all that matters. What do you think about Brad’s quotes to Parade? Was it a simple misunderstanding? Or do you think Brad should have just kept quiet?

Tonight, we also have a "Showbiz Tonight" exclusive interview with former “Dancing With the Stars” pro Louis van Amstel. He is disgusted by Chaz Bono’s haters – the people who are lashing out at Chaz over his sex change. Plus, Louis reveals how he thinks HLN’s own Nancy Grace will do on the show. See you tonight, exclusively at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN.

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. Niveen

This is very intriguing, You are a quite skileld blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to looking for far more of your wonderful post. Also, I've shared your internet web site in my social networks!My website is about .

April 26, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. JD

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbAQfSa4WyY&w=640&h=390]

October 29, 2011 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  3. knorm

Who gives a crap about Brad Pitt? I clicked on this article to read about Chaz. Totes lame It was all about Brad and the same crap I read 3 days ago. How about just not doing an article if you only have a sentence to say about who the article was supposed to be about anyway. O.o

September 19, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ana

would someone just tell me nicely..if when chaz had her breast removed..if she also had her ovaries removed also..if that is the case ..PERHAPS ..then i will accept her new manhood. but if she didn't and still have the ABILITY TO GET PREGNANT IF WANTED...THAN SHE REALLY IS STILL A WOMAN...playing dress-up as a MAN.

September 19, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gerry

Unless she can sprout a pair of testicles, she is still a girl – a spayed girl, but still a girl!

October 30, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Goober Gobblin Fool

Chaz could do a Sonny & Chers Greatest hits compilation CD where he/she would sing all of Sonnys parts and Cher could redo hers...what a smash. Either that or sing bass in the LGBT choir.

September 19, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  6. lol

Bend over babe !

September 19, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  7. right on brother

The amount of idiots in this country astounds me. Some people will buy into anything. Calling rational people narrow minded when it comes to these freaks, Cher Bono's f'd up kid and this Louis Van whatever are total freaks. What's next calling people narrow minded when it comes to child molesters? Wake up people this is bullchit.

September 19, 2011 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Dirty sanCHAZ

I am a man. I have backhair like Jeff GoldBloom in The Fly and hair under my jaw. That proves Im a man. All you haters can smell my manASS!

September 19, 2011 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  8. pickme

All Chasity has done is cut off her boobs, that does not make you a man, tell that to the many women who have don't have them after breast cancer. No surgery can make a woman a man and vice versa. This woman is very sick and is in need ot serious help. It is even sadder that people are buying this crap and are ok with it. This world is just plain sick.

September 19, 2011 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
    • pickme too

Actually, Chasity/Chaz did the whole shabang, umm, surgery of getting the male organ and all. She may be male on the outside, but she's got all female insides and SHE/HE CAN'T MAKE SPERM! I agree, people are SICK! I don't hate Chaz, she/he is confused...People will say we are hateful just because we don't agree...Whatever!!!

September 20, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  9. another 1

Lojenkins-i don't think any1 clicks on ur videos-just go away would u.

September 19, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  10. LoJenkins

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries&w=640&h=390]

September 18, 2011 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. LoJenkins

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries&w=640&h=390]

September 18, 2011 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
  12. LoJenkins

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries&w=640&h=390]

September 18, 2011 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  13. Mary Ann

Brad Pitt is jealous,Jen gets more beautiful each year and Pitt and Jolie look like they need a bath.

September 17, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Anna Bartolini

Enough about Chaz Bono! Ignore those wanting to make a mountain out of a molehill. Chaz deserves to shine and have support of fanjs. It is a waste of time to listen to poorly educated, non-critical thinking folks who want to tell others to not watch Dancing with the Stars because of Chaz Bono. In this "day and age" are there those really that stupid? Chaz has had years of counseling, therapy and self-examination to arrive at the place where he is today...that of a kind and well adjusted person.
    On a different note, I want to say that Louis V.A. was an absolute great guy when we met him in Cabo last year! Thanks for being so nice to a fan of the show!
    Best wishes to both Chaz and Louie!!

September 17, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  15. fernace

I remember Chaz Bono as a cute little 3 year old girl on his parents show in the 70s! I'm glad we no longer live in times where he'd be forced to keep up appearances! I have friends who are transgender & I say more power 2 them for having the courage to live their convictions! As illustated on these blogs, people can be mean & hurtful, but they smile through the pain & thank the Godess for true, supportive friends & family! As far as Brad & Jen goes, people need to let it go & move on, they obviously have! People are like kids hoping their divorced parents will get back together, about these 2! Get a grip,y'all, it's been 6 years, they both have new partners who they are happy with, let's be happy for them! No1 is a villain, no1 is a victim, people fall out of love, happens every day! We don't know why or how things happened, so stop projecting your own scenarios! Basta!! :)

September 17, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  16. mejazzbo

Nancy Grace is the vile one. The sooner she is off DWTS, as well as her own shows, the better.

September 17, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  17. GMAXX

Give Brad a break. It takes two to make a marriage and the last time I looked Jen was also included in the relationship. No one knows what was going on between them but I'm sure Jen wasn't entirely innocent in the marriage. He wanted a family, she wanted a career. He now has the family he desired and she has...well, do I need to say more.

September 17, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evilqueen620

Not only that, but look how many relationships Jen has been in since Brad and they have all failed. However, I hear she recently moved in with her current boyfriend. I wonder how long this one will last?

September 17, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  18. bloopers

yeah what does Chaz have to do with the Pittiful Brad story?

September 16, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Joeys Allotta-Fettucini

Well I must say Brad should put a sock in it! Calling sweet Jen dull and then trying to worm his way out of it! How dare he! I think Chaz can now stand up and take his critics like a man. Kudos to Jen and Chaz!

September 16, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  20. FIX IN TX

How does the headline about Chaz Bono and DWTS correlate to the entire Brad Pitt running off at the mouth in his interview in Parade magazine?

September 16, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  21. sasha

I love Chaz Bono. She is so brave and such a great role model. Plus she can DANCE !

September 16, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Portalpunk

Firsty cuz im as g@y as they come!

September 16, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |