'Big Brother': And the winner is...
September 15th, 2011

'Big Brother': And the winner is...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but congratulations to Rachel Reilly for her much-deserved win on Wednesday night's season finale of "Big Brother."

To say that Rachel has been a controversial contestant over the last two seasons (she returned as part of the "newbies vs. veterans" twist this year) would be a vast understatement. Rachel backstabbed, whined when things didn't go her way, and said the words "my fiance'" so many times as to render them essentially meaningless.

Even so, as she liked to point out – over and over again – she is a competitor and had a target on her back from day one. When her beloved Brendon was evicted (not once, but twice!), she somehow stuck it out to the point where she was the obvious person to vote for as the winner.

The other two houseguests remaining at the start of the episode, Adam and Porsche, barely played the game until the very end. Many fans can't stand Rachel, but there would be an even bigger outcry if either of the other two had won.

Even so, it says a lot about how Rachel rubbed people the wrong way, that she only won the $500,000 by a single vote (Shelly's, surprisingly).

Just a side note about the finale: Can we talk about how Evel Dick basically told his daughter Daniele that she played an awful game? Most. Awkward. Parent-Child Relationship. Ever.

It did, however, make me wish that Dick hadn't had to leave early for personal reasons. I'd love to see if all his talk would have paid off to a second win. I guess we'll never know (but knowing the producers, they'll find a way to bring him back down the road).

What did you think? Did Rachel deserve to win? Or was she just far too annoying to deserve that cool half-mil? Let us know on iReport or comment below.

1. monitor blood sugar

I have been surfing on-line more than three hours lately, but I by no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It's pretty price sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more helpful than ever before.

August 7, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Do-It-Yourself Solar Panels

Hi there, I discovered your site by the use of Google at the same time as looking for a related matter, your web site came up, it seems to be great. I have added to my favourites|added to bookmarks.

April 19, 2012 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. site promotion

I really wanted to send a small word to say thanks to you for the fantastic points you are writing on marquee.blogs.cnn.com. My time-consuming internet lookup has at the end been honored with extremely good ideas to exchange with my pals. I ‘d express that many of us site visitors actually are extremely endowed to exist in a notable community with so many lovely individuals with useful points. I feel really fortunate to have used your webpage and look forward to so many more fun moments reading here. Thanks a lot again for a lot of things.

January 22, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Evel

Im really a gay man. i hv no penis. i like cans but its soda cans. coke cans

September 16, 2011 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |
  5. Mel III

Isn't it marvelous?

September 15, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jhnz

90% accuracy is now a reality, thanks to the secret code for the oil market. No registration required, just show up at the demonstration room, and watch for your own eyes a 90% accuracy rate trading the oil market, that's right, you can make as much money as you want trading the oil market if you simply know the secret code for it. If you don't believe that then why not just show up to the FREE demonstration? What have you got to lose? Google Oil Trading Academy.

September 15, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. nancy

Lets not be a pickin at our poor sasha now. Ive seen her trailer and she has every right to be proud. Its got indoor outdoor pluming and all that fancy new stuff. She even drinks real beer. No malt liquor for her and her kids. Im proud for her myself.

September 15, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. nancy

Sasha thinks she is better than everyone else cause her trailer is a doublewide. Her huntin dogs even have their own room.

September 15, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ nancy

portalpunk, no matter how many names you hide behind we know it's you.

Nice try "acting" as me, but there is only one sasha. Grow up.

September 15, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. portalpunk

I prefer the shows on Bravo over this show... I watch Housewives while drinking a cup of Earl Grey tea and have my dad whisper into my ear...

September 15, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Garry

Yes..RACHEL was the clear cut winner..to bad sore losers Dani and Kalia...

September 15, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. BBfanforever

Rachel is by far the most deserving of the win this year. The girl has a lot of growing up to do, but she plays a damn good game. She gets the job done when needed and I was just as proud of her as Jeff and Jordan were when she was able to keep her mouth shut when it was important. Great job, Rachel!

September 15, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • sasha

I agree, she played a much better game this year then previous. I am not sure if she realized that being so caustic would only expedite her eviction or that until the near end she had Jordan to constantly remind her to censor herself when speaking with those she does not consider allies. But either way she is the latest winner of big brother. It does make me curious however, as to how many males have won the game to how many females. I haven't watched every season so I am not sure if one gender has had a better sucess rate then the other.

September 15, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. sasha

I wanted to rub on him.

September 15, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  13. sasha

I wish Dick would have stuck around. He was a weiner.

September 15, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. professional wrassler

yeah. thats what I think too.

September 15, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  15. sasha

Why CNN does not block people like you is BEYOND ME. Anyway on the TOPIC at hand...Rahcel, not my favourite player, but yes indeed most deserving. I am glad Shelly was able to redeem herself by voting for the RIGHT person. The week she was crybernating you would think she was out, I think she believed it too, oh how the tables have turned. Jeff still made it as America's favourite houseguest dispite his bigoted tirade against gays that CBS should never have left out because it shows all facets of their character and not just the wonderboy they wanted to portray. Glad that Rachel won, in this case best girl won. I do agree, however, that the game would be 100% different if Dick stuck around.

September 15, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

@sasha. hahahahahaahahhahahaahahahahaha sasha = trolled

September 15, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

@sasha, how CNN doesn't block people like you who talk too much is BEYOND ME.

September 15, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

I live a really sad and pathetic life... I really need to comment first on CNN because that's the highlight of my life each day... work is horrible and the manager is a mean guy... I just ask that you honestly allow me to comment first to fulfill my dreams... so what if it's not on topic... my life sucks and I need it for myself...

September 15, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • [lol] (@ sasha)

sasha, that's because even though their comments may seen juvenile/like trolling to you, they actually follow CNN's guidelines set forth in their terms. If you don't like it, don't pay attention.

September 15, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Your husbands big weiner is tastyLicious

*POOT* <–Smell that one, Sasha.

September 16, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  16. portalpunk

been a long week, sure makes me FIRSTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 15, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  17. josie

sad you acutally think that is considered a long paragraph. American education system at its finest!

September 15, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |