'Bachelor Pad' winners agree to disagree on engagement
September 15th, 2011

'Bachelor Pad' winners agree to disagree on engagement

Holly Durst and Michael Stagliano may have won $250,000 on the second season finale of "Bachelor Pad," but it's not all wine and roses for the formerly engaged couple.

Durst told Stagliano on Monday's season finale that she was now engaged to fellow "Bachelor Pad" contestant Blake Julian. Stagliano, who spent part of the season trying to win Durst back, was visibly stunned by the announcement, even telling host Chris Harrison that he may need some water and a commercial break to recover.

"I tried calling Michael the night before [the finale taping] to talk to him about the engagement," Durst said. "When I finally tried calling him, he already had his phone taken away from him for production reasons."

She continued, "I begged the show to let me talk to Michael before the taping, but they refused. I tried really hard. I didn't want this to be a shock to Michael."

Stagliano thinks Durst could have tried a little harder to let him know about the engagement.

"Holly and Blake were engaged one day before the show confiscated our phones," Stagliano said. "If she really wanted to let me know, she could have put her foot down and demand that the show let her speak with me."

The two also seem at odds over whether they will remain friends after all that went down. Durst says both of them "need to give it some time" before determining if a friendship will happen, but Stagliano has his doubts.

"After how the finale went down, it will make talking to Holly a little more awkward, but I wish her well.  I always will.  She will always be my teammate," he says.

Durst, who is moving to South Carolina to be closer to Julian, says the two of them hope to marry next year, but don't plan on televising their nuptials.  "I don't want to rub salt in the wound, so to speak," she explains. Durst also hopes to publish a children's book with her winnings.

As for Stagliano, he plans to use his winnings to pay off student loans and to take a vacation. He also has this advice for anyone who wants to do one of the "Bachelor" shows:

"If you make it on, relish in the adventure you are about to take, be open for everything, be honest about who you are and don't make enemies.  The shows are about love, so if it's there for you, let the love out."

Post by:
Filed under: television • The Bachelor/Bachelorette

1. Chris

Holly is very average... Not the sharpest tool in the shed and nothing to write home about. I don't see what Blake sees in her, and I don't think it will last. And just wait until she wakes up in Greenville, SC?! Also, Chris Harrison is so full of it... He knew Holly wanted to call Michael the night before to tell him about being engaged, but the producers wouldn't let her. Typical Bachelor producer manipulation! The whole show, Holly, Blake, and their Neil Lane-ringed engagement are all a big joke!

September 18, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. mary

Blake looks like the cat that ate the canary whatever did Holly see in him. Michael deserves better and he should have been the next bachelor,not Ben. I am sure Michael will find sdomeone who will love him for the great person he really is. Keep smiling Michael you will be ok.

September 18, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. pauli

i wish micheal kept the money, that would have been classic! micheal got screwed twice by holly, the first time when she broke off their engagement and then when she got engaged to Blake and didnt let him know and Blake screwed him when he told micheal he wouldnt make a move on holly because he knew they were still trying to figure things out!! micheal you should have srewed the both of them!!!!, but dont worry you will get the last laugh when holly and blake take a nose dive and you know it will!!!

September 18, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  4. TC

As a man, I find Holly UN-attractive....and with no personality.

September 17, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. QuietStormX

This Show and the Bachelor are jokes and racist. Why no Black contestants? Black Bachelor with black and grey girls? Why none after all these seasons of the same thing as before. Not new or freash, makes me wonder. They should have chances to find love like them here in this nation. I like curves on women not fat or lazy.

September 16, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  6. walter

For embarrassing him on public tv he shouldve have stood up, punched her in the face then taken a pee all over her. Now THAT wouldve been FUNNY!

September 16, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  7. tuffyturf

Note to Michael- Bro, you are not getting any younger or taller. You are starting to lose your hair, and it is just a matter of time before it will be impossible to stay thin and the lbs will start packing on. Michael had her! He blew her off- because of his fleeting 15 minutes of fame, he thought the grass might be greener on the other side.... she has moved on and because he couldn't have her, he then wanted her more... .ahhhhwww haaaawwwwwhhhh

Ames on the other hand is just a moron... He burned Jackie? What a fool... he has all this attention set on him, again because of his 15 minutes of fame and that he seems like a romantic.. But he thinks he is god's gift to women now..Perhaps he lives in a home with no mirrors. I have seen this guy in person, and his HEAD is huge.. I mean literally! His head is bulbous, and ALL his front teeth have all been replaced and it shows... also his eyes droop, and he looks like he has down syndrome... Not too many qualities when a gal looks at him and says, yes I want my children to look like that..

September 16, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  8. holly idiot

Holly is immature she is 28 but she is acting like 18..I think michael is a good guy you can till from his action. how come you get engage for a guy you just know less than a monhts are you carzy grow up girl. Blake is just using you so he can show america that look i got the girl so easy and to show michael that he can get what ever he want...EASY COME ,EASY GO.

September 16, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  9. alicia

I wouldn't be so hard on Blake. I think there's alot more to the breakup w/ Michael and Holly then we know. Michael seemed to put Holly through an emotional roller coaster, leaving her and then waiting till she tried to move on to fall in love with her again. He never seemed to really put Holly first, only his feelings of 'ownership.' Maybe Blake's eyerolling was a subconscious reaction to the way Michael treated his fiance in the past. Something with Michael never sat well with me. That's probably why Holly called off the wedding to begin with. It also isn't fair for anyone who just got engaged to have to hide their excitement. Michael knew it was a serious relationship because he knew she was moving in with Blake. How big a shock could this really have been?

September 15, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sarah

Shame on you Holly for the way you conducted yourself on the show. You should be very disappointed in your behavior. You clearly showed a lack of respect for the man you "claimed" you would have loved forever. Stop acting like you are so innocent. You broke up with Michael first. One would have thought you would have conducted yourself with more class seeing that you CLEARLY piggybacked off of Michael to win the $125K. You spent the whole time parading around and flaunted your "love" for Blake. Not buying that story how you fell madly in love with a guy you met for like less than a month. I think Holly was just flattered by the fact that two men were actually fighting for her. She's very average..nothing spectacular and seemingly doesn't have too much going for her. My thoughts are she saw that Blake was a dentist and her meal ticket. I hope you're proud of yourself, Holly.

September 15, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Angela

I think that the production company banks on emotional responses so they probably made it really difficult for her to tell him in any way about the engagement. That being said she probably still could have found a way. Blake- I liked him until the reunion when I saw him roll his eyes when Michael was talking about how hard it had been to find out about the engagment like that (I think it was when he was going to tell if he'd chosen Keep or Share). I wanted to smack Blake.

September 15, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. sasha

I think Holly is just adorable. She is just my type. I wonder if she would like to try some scisssoring?

September 15, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Pathetic

Call me a jerk, but it won't last. Blake was mainly in it for the money, and although he did have his thing with Holly I don't see this going anywhere. Michael can do a LOT better anyway. He may have thought they were meant to be, but he should've figured it out when she messed up and called off the engagement.

Give it a couple of months... then the tabloids will have a field day...

September 15, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charlie

When Holly is with Michael, she looks regal. She looks like a queen. The rapport between the Michael and Holly is sheer delight.

When Holly is with Blake, she's nothing. She regresses to high-school bunny. Every time Blake speaks, he reeks with superficiality and hypocrisy.

Holly is throwing away something precious. She would understand that, if she were more mature.

I can understand why a woman might fear her depths and hide out in superficiality: Now and then, girls just want to have fun. But I can't see this lasting much longer than Gia's infatuation with Wes. If it does, I feel sorry for Holly: This is a choice she will regret, as she gets older.

September 16, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  14. BieberFAN

Blake Julianne sounds like a girls name.

September 15, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gia's not in Mensa

Blake Julianne very well could be a girl's name. This article is about Holly, Michael and Blake Julian, not Julie Anne.

September 15, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Gia's not in mensa

I don't know what either Blake or Michael see in Holly. I just see any pretty girl at any bar USA. That is, after a few.

September 15, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charlie

Holly has depth. That is rare, these days. She demonstrates sensitivity, emotional softness, dignity, unselfishness. But she also seems to be at odds with herself, because she is throwing these strengths away. I hope she eventually comes to her senses and recovers her maturity.

September 16, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Katie

Holly has as much depth as a gutter after a rain storm. She is actually as shallow as they come. Look at her track record of dating celebrities. She just wants to be famous. Michael is a sweetheart and is MUCH better off without her.

September 16, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • mrskool

You are right on Katie – it was obvious that Holly had her own selfish motives on the show – she could have been honest but instead she was playing games with Michaels feelings – getting his hopes up and then dashing them again and again. shame on her. but i think she will be sorry with her choice because Blake is a player.

September 16, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • guinevere

mrskool: SHE is a player. They're clearly perfect for each other.

September 17, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |