Taylor Armstrong speaks about abuse on 'Entertainment Tonight'
September 14th, 2011

Taylor Armstrong speaks about abuse on 'Entertainment Tonight'

In an exclusive interview for "Entertainment Tonight," Nancy O'Dell sat down with “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” star Taylor Armstrong at her Bel Air home to discuss the brutal photos currently being circulated by the show.

Taylor, 40, tells "ET" that her black eye was caused by her late husband, Russell Armstrong, according to the show's website. Armstrong committed suicide last month.

"ET" cites a unnamed source close to Taylor who says that the reality star underwent Lasik eye surgery on July 5. The source claims that days later, Russell hit her in the face so hard that her corneal flap was dislocated.

For the rest of the month, the source said, Taylor wasn’t seen in public.

Taylor had filed for divorce in July, telling People that she was verbally and physically abused during their nearly six-year marriage. "I felt like I was dying inside," she said at the time.

Russell appeared with his wife on the Bravo reality series, but spoke out about the negative impact it had on their lives. "This show has literally pushed us to the limit," he told People.

The "ET" interview airs next Tuesday, September 20.

Filed under: Real Housewives • television

1. Mission Beach California Business Formation Attorney

Somebody necessarily assist to make significantly posts I might state. This is the very first time I frequented your website page and to this point? I amazed with the research you made to create this actual publish extraordinary. Fantastic task!

April 23, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. Rose

I wonder how much longer Taylor Armstrong is going to continue to blubber. Why after her husband's death does she come out about him beating her. Didn't any of her friends see how battered she was. I am sick of seeing those ugly lips blubbering away. How much longer is Nancy O'Dell going to interview her. You wonder if her husband actually did abuse her. Now I saw that Dr. Phil is going to interview her, and she will be just boohooing more. I don't feel sorry for her at all. Why didn't she just leave him. I wish all those housewife programs would go off the air. How real do you think these women really are. Who knows how abusive she was to her husband.

September 22, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  3. Laine

One more thing, on her verbal abuse to shaming Russel to his demise. Russell is a Man and if Men are getting vebally abused, nagged at or even physically abused well, THEY JUST DON'T REPORT IT!!!!!

September 21, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Laine

If you watched the first season you can see how she is very quick to anger. Even on the second season on the upcoming clips you can see how angry she gets. I believe she shamed her husband into killing himself. From her behavior pattern, she seems like she hides her true self. I think she yelled at him nagged at him when the cameras weren't around. I think she is a seriously sick person. If you look into the eyes of Russell you can see the saddness in them. When you look in her eyes you can see the deception in them. I know that if she was my mother I would blame her for the death even though she did not actually do it. The eyes are the window to the soul. I don't know how she can live with herself. I bet she thought she could continue the verbal abuse to Russel and thought he would never do what he did. She is a horrible person. I can see that in her eyes. I also can tell the brusies were self inflicted.

September 21, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. SMiles

She is abusing 3 children. I think she is an addict and she left her husband when he told her he was truly broke and not until then. News outlets have no shame.

September 20, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Melissa

I'm sorry for Tayor Armstrong's misfortune. If she was having abuse problems with Russell then why did'nt she come forth and adress thoses issues. So what about the millons of other women that are victims of crimes that are not stars. What are we ? Should the rest of us be forgotten?

September 18, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. tony

I don't believe her innocent lamb routine. Must she victimize her daughter? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$incere not!

September 18, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jon

looking at her photo is abusive enough

September 16, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  9. RL

I just watched the show this week where she is telling one of the other housewives that she wanted the marriage to work and she loved her husband. You cannot have it both ways. If she was abused, why would she want her marriage to be seen on national television. I think she has some mental issues that she needs to deal with. I feel sorry for her husband and his children. I think this woman likes to view herself as a victim and wants the attention that goes with it.

September 16, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Melissa

RL I totally agree with your comments, Tayor Armstrong needs some help.

September 18, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  10. texgirl2762

For God's sake, Taylor, have some dignity and some respect. Milking this for more money . . . disgraceful. The guy was the father of your child, who will one day read and see what you're doing right now. For her sake, clam up and go away.

September 16, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  11. Lucy

Taylor actually admitted that a few years back she had implants put in her lips that went wrong, and they couldn't remove the implants without permanently scarring her, so she chose to keep them as they are. Unfortunate for her, because they really ruin her otherwise pretty face. It's sad to think some people who watch these shows may take them seriously, but I watch them because they are a train wreck. It's all comedy to me. Oh well, just my 2 cents...

September 15, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Dani

Just because a show paints an image of someone as nasty and money hungry and ugly, doesn't mean you know what goes on in their lives off camera. Even on the show her husband looked and acted like the biggest jerk, and you could literally see misery in her eyes. You don't know what truly happened between them, therefore you can't blame his death on her. People take their lives everyday, that doesn't mean others need to be blamed for it. If he hated her so much, he should have just gone through with the divorce and moved on with his life. Try understanding both sides before you pity the person who killed themselves – suicide is a selfish act, unless she had the guts to admit she was miserable.

September 15, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. sandra

I think those plumped up lips made her off balance and she fell on her face

September 15, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Foster the People

All the other kids with their pumped up lips better run better run....

September 15, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  14. nps

Did her husband give her the fat lip too? Ha, ha, ha...seriously all these women with trout pout look so freakin' ridiculous. I'll take wrinkles any day over plastic surgery!

September 15, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Summer

Sorry but this woman is plastic, look at her. My husband says he couldn't fathom even looking at her twice! She comes out now with tales of abuse which could be true...but Russell is not here to defend himself and I find that callous on her part. She is only after the fame and money and will be with someone else pretty soon as this is a woman who cannot be alone. I have watched the show a few times when there is absolutely nothing else on tv, he and Lisa's husband appear to be the only ones who seemed normal on that show! Good grief...and then you have ET giving her air time? UGH...will not watch nor do I care about Taylor Armstrong and her boohooing to the media. She should have stood up and done this when her husband was alive! Taylor, I am a woman and I am embarrassed to acknowledge that you fall under that category. Abuse is to be taken seriously, and personally I don't think you are doing this seriously...as I said you only want air time and having people "look at me please"...you make me sick. Go back to where you came from, hopefully you will disappear from my airwaves!!

September 15, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Mik

I believe her black eye is from PLASTIC SURERGY... I mean... Look at those AWFUL lips YUCK!

September 15, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  17. Kisa Kisa

I feel bad for her but we must always let the dead "R.I.P"

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7m56YH-lHw&w=640&h=390]

September 15, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  18. connie cornhole

Is taking thick rods up the cornhole abuse? If so then sell me into cornholeSlavery. Someone, ANYONE DO MY CORNHOLE!!!

September 15, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  19. shocked in cnd

i'm shocked to hear all the negative feelings towards a woman. Sheesh why don't you just stone her to death.... Its amazing that you people can talk about another human being like that. I"ve watch the show a few times and their marriage seemed terrible. For one to kill themselfs is selfish. especailly when a child is around. America get your heads on straight. Help one another, stop being so cruel. No wonder your Country is falling about. Here is woman being abused and 90% of the remarks are about her looks??? Seriously get a grip.

September 15, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Greg

Considering she voluntarily put her life and her family on Tabloid TV in the pure interest of self-promotion and image-whoring....no, I don't have much compassion for her or her situation (which I don't believe exists). She's just as bad as every other Trash-Tabloid-TV Pseudo-Star...from Kate Gosslin on down the list. SHE puts herself out there, so she brings on the ridicule herself.

September 15, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Kenneth

Shut up SlagHo!

September 15, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Fisting your brother

cnd. Go to hell.

September 15, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • erich2112x

The most un-American thing a person can say in our country is, "You can't say that".

September 15, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Crustytunaboat

She's unstable and a horrible liar. On one show last year she spoke out about being 'abused' and her husband was in the audience. He seemed shocked by it and so did the rest of her castmates. She's an attention seeking w h o r e.

September 15, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Don't believe her

Exactly!!!

She is sick in the brain honestly. And she has a mean temper. Didn't she also say she was going to kick Kim's ass on the show, a real Texas beating, I think.

What a hypocrite!!

September 15, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  21. derp

Who glued those two snails under her nose?

September 15, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  22. melvinslizard

Yuck. What an attention wh0re. The essence of what's wrong with our society. Fake, plastic, shallow. Nothing justifies abusing your spouse. Nothing. And this includes the wife disrespecting the husband because she knows that he won't lay a hand on her. I've seen too many women act out and emasculate their husbands in public, even worse in private, and hide behind the shield of "you can't hit a woman." Neither type of abuse is acceptable. This "lady" should take a hard look in the mirror and see how UGLY she really is, both inside and out.

September 15, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  23. DN

I have read some more of the comments on Taylor and although, I do not know her or what she does..... we don't have television and have not had it since 2003, so I don't watch tv shows...... after reading some of the things that have been said, I still stand with my comment.

I only know what abuse does and how it hurts in the worst of ways and no matter who or what a person is or does, abuse is abuse, no matter the situation.

I can also say, the "irratic behavior" is also a side effect of the abuse..... you don't know who you are and you become desperate to do things in the search to find out...... when abuse is taking place, you cannot think clearly, for even your thoughts are controlled.

So again, I do not know her, but I do see and I do listen....... I can say, what most of you are writing about on here, about her erratic behavior, is an exact result of abuse in a very dominating situation.

You are fighting to be you...... the real you, only........ you are not allowed in one way or all ways.

Live in a situation of being "imprisoned" for a time....... then, you will see how much of her actions is not being who she really is, but infact, is rebelling against being trapped and locked behind invisible bars....

Again, I do not know her and I do not know anything about her lifestyle, but I do recognize the actions......

Abuse drives you and rationality and logic flies out the window..... when you have a small taste of freedom.

A very good example for any of you who has pets...... keep the pet caged, 24/7 for a long span of time..... and suddenly, let them have a moment of freedom...... you will be shocked at the irratic behavior your pet suddenly displays..... and how they will attack when you force them back in the cage.

This very example is the same with humans...... and the erratic behavior I'm reading about here, of her actions, this woman was hurt, no matter the way she deals with it.

You live without your freedom for a long time and are forced to live a way that you are not you.......

You will be shocked by the erratic changes in yourself, when you finally are free once more.

September 15, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Doodee Rustler

DN, Please go flush yourself. *POOT* <-Right in your face and YOU KNOW you like it!

September 15, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Rolyat

HEY DN: Would you get off here you LOON! You are sick and need therapy.

September 15, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  24. Your son is playing my meat flute

She needs to be slapped.

September 15, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  25. IDidTaylorToo

Once white trash, always white trash...next she will become a groupie for the band Journey...

September 15, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  26. Rolyat

She looks like a duck.

September 15, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  27. DN

.... I just want to say to those who are "verbally abusing" her on this page...... You do not know what you are talking about.

I have spent the past 28 years, trapped in an abusive marriage that I cannot escape without the risk of death and I can tell you, this woman does not need your badgering or insults.

She needs encouragement to find the strength to keep going and to reach for a better and stronger person inside.

So, for all those who are making ugly remarks and saying..... "Her husband is not here to rebuke her statements"...... I have to say to you, "You are now an abuser"..... when you invoke your negative comments to someone you have never met and you place judgement on a person you have never met, then you are worse than the abuser.

Abuse comes in all forms, but there is nothing more harmful than living it and trying to make the best of a bad situation, as she did.

Obviously though, her husband was very sick in his own mind, as he killed himself....... why should this woman be tormented and ridiculed because she survived, not only him, but the fact that abuse does kill a person inside, when living with abuse.

I know this to be a fact, for I have been struggling for years, just to find the courage to belive in myself once more.

More women die by their own hand to suicide each year, not because of her inability to cope with living, but because the abuse causes the woman to die inside and then the death of her body follows..... this woman, she found the courage to live and to survive.

So do not condemn her! Rather, you should applaude her, for she is still here and trying hard to live once more.

If you watch her, you will see a transformation take place before your very own eyes, of the better and more beautiful woman she will become, now that the abuse is over.

Never say something bad about someone else in this way, for you will find, one day, it WILL come back to you..... 10 fold.

Then, you will be crying out..... as a victim, but infact, you brought it on yourself.

"What goes around, comes around"....... You should remember that, for one day, you may ask for help and they will just turn to you and say, "You deserve it or you earned it."....... only then, will you understand the pain.

My situation, I tried to leave, many times, but upon the last time I tried, I found myself staring down the barrell of a 20 gauge shotgun, pointed at my head, his hand on the trigger and death in his eyes.

Along with the verbal and direct threat of my head being blown off if I left and took my child.

I have been trapped ever since...... not by my husband, but by fear....... the fear of leaving and one day, turning the corner and he is standing there and actually pulls the trigger.

I fight the battle of fear from the abuse everyday, it doesn't have to be a beating or a beathing with words, but the fear.

For myself and every other woman out there, who has been through this....... the hardest thing is........

We are not afraid of dying, but are terrified of dying before ever having lived......

So, my message to Taylor is...... I am very proud of you. You are a great inspiration to me, a 47 year old woman who knows your pain and your fear and I long for the day that you are living now.......

You are free...... and ....... you are still here.

I stand right now and applaude you!!!

September 15, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Doodee Rustler

DN, I feel your pain. *POOT* <-Smell that one!

September 15, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Rolyat

This is the rant of a mentally unbalanced person. You need Dr. Phil.

September 15, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Don't believe her

Listen, defend Taylor and call all the posters abusive. Just because you have been in an abusive relationship for 28 years does not make you an expert. Taylor put herself in this negative spotlight. She is defaming her child's father. She is the one who went on a reality TV show and spent $60,000 on a 5 year old's birthday party. How ridiculous. Even the actually wealthy housewives thought that was overboard.

Taylor is doing a disservice to woman that actually do get abused. Honestly. I watched the 1st season. She is a domestic violence advocate, and even spoke about that at an event, with her husband Russell (RIP) by her side.

I have zero respect for her and her public lifestyle

September 15, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • melvinslizard

28 YEARS and you can't "escape?" Fail.

September 16, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Barnaby Jones

Im abusing myself this very minute! *FAP FAP FAP*

September 15, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  29. PatheticWoman

I was a battered wife, and endured more than a black eye at the hands of my abusive husband. I left him 20 years ago, have been happily remarried to a wonderful man, and have NEVER spoken about the abuse or my ex-husband in all this time. Only to a professional, in private. WHY this woman has to go on ET and continue to crucify this guy is beyond me. He even took his own life. Let him RIP, and stop airing all of this dirty laundry to the world. Abuse is sad and ugly, and heartbreaking and tragic. I could go on and on about how terrible it is. But deal with it more privately. She is such an attention seeker. Sad.

September 15, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Diceman

You probably deserved it, OHHHH!

September 15, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • PatheticWoman

@Diceman............spoken like a true wife beater! You suck! I guess I deserved it so bad that my ex-husband has wanted me back ever since I left, and his family said I was the nicest woman and he made the biggest mistake ever. I guess so huh. You're hateful (and not very intelligent from the sounds of it). No one deserves abuse.

September 15, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  30. KD

This woman disgusts me – she has changed her name so many times that I don't think she even knows who she is anymore; she actually claimed that she was a Ford heiress to con people out of money and now she's defaming a man that can't defend himself. She wasn't abused and Bravo should fire her ugly butt. I don't feel sorry for her at all and believe that she's relieved that her husband committed suicide; now she can say what she wants to make herself look like she was some poor abused wife so that she can say that he threatened her if she didn't go along with his schemes. I feel bad for her child; her mother is obviously a mental case.

September 15, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  31. Beautiful Vixen

@Jeff, ha ha..thxs for that smile. No encounter of Aflac duck and his gang this morning. I was starting to think instead of my car, they were going to wait and get me walking to it instead but.. I got lucky..~smiling~

September 15, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  32. Annoyed

This is an article on death and abuse, I am in shock/disguisted that the majority of the comments are put downs about her looks! Who would have thought that CNN would have such shallow, immature readers?!

September 15, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Wendy

I think the better question would be- WHY do stories about attention seekers like this woman show up on supposedly reputable sites like CNN News? Our society is in a sad state when a con-artist reality tv "star" is able to get her story (which is conveniently unverifiable because the other party is now DEAD) on a CNN blog site. -shaking my head in disgust-

September 15, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  33. rh

Several days later her corneal flap was dislocated? That is hogwash. *Maybe* within the first 24 hours, maybe. But several days is more than long enough for healing unless either she was doing something wrong (rubbing her eyes continually or getting eye makeup in her eyes causing irritation) or the doctor damaged her eyes due to the surgery.

No mention of whether she hit him either.

September 15, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  34. Sharp

Reality TV is really poor entertainment. The producers like it because it is real cheap to finance & you can pay your talent (I use the term VERY loosely.) practically nothing. The so called 'stars' are all no talents. It grew out of Andy Warhol's approach to experimental film. Sort of a monster ugly stepchild.

September 15, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  35. Micintx

Day-um Haters! I wish I could deduce a person's guilt or innocence while determining their interior motives from the size of their lips and a superficial tv show!! Sadly, my brain and desire to be a rational human being prevents me from spewing judgmental garbage about strangers on anonymous online forums.

September 15, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  36. AnNoyed

Tacky, totally tacky. Yet ANOTHER class act from a wanna-be-starlet.

September 15, 2011 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  37. chana

forst off... she went over board on them lips and cheeks, just ugly! second of all, this man possibly, but doubtly killed himself, she prolly had him offed to collect life insurance or something it just seems to fishy.. but then again we will never know, unless the truth is leaked..dam brawds

September 15, 2011 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Don't believe her

This was not a murder, when you commit suicide, life insurance does not pay out. Just another way for him to stick it to her in the end.

September 15, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  38. Greg

My wife kicks my ass all the time....but I like it!

September 15, 2011 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
  39. Namaste

No one is mentioning her late husband's business partner committed suicide the week after her husband. Did anyone else hear that?

September 15, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Finger me silly

No, but I did hear you like smelly manButts while yours is being humped.

September 16, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  40. erich2112x

Looks like she's been to the Latoya Jackson correspondence school of passing off plastic surgery bruises as a beating from her husband.

September 14, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Mike Hunt

She's as ugly as a mud fence, stupid too.

September 14, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Sterling.archer75@yahoo.com

I hope they show the suicide episode and don't let us hanging!

September 14, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Kirk

Wow, how much work has that chick had done? Who watches these fake chicks and cares what goes on in their lives anyway? For a moment I thought I was on msn.com but no it actually is CNN.

September 14, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  44. ozmodius

Incredible! So let's make sure that:

1.)The focus gets off him and his suicide, and get's back to me.

2.)Let me make sure that no-one blames me for his death.

3.)Let me make sure to make accusations no one can prove so I become the victim.

I guess it's true! Money can't buy you class!

September 14, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  45. zlul

there was no abuse. By law doctors, nurses, etc are required to report abuse if they suspect it. Explain how she went into a doctors office, had major surgery, and not a single person reported it? If the doctor does claim that this abuse charge is true, he should have his medical licensed revoked and not thrown in jail for following the law.

September 14, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • zlul

forgot to add that she went in for the majory surgery because "supposedly" he broke her jaw while "beating" her...

September 14, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Wowsa

I'd have killed myself too if I had to listen to that whiny b!tch keep yackin' in that whiny voice! sheesh!

September 14, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Carol

I am sorry if she has been abused but I have to say that her lips look like the back end of a cow.

September 14, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  48. davidjo

Just curious, if your in a so called abusive relationship for six years? would you go on a reality show?
    i have no doubt that things came to a head, with his finances and he took it out on her.

he has no excuse for that, dead or alive.
    What i am confused about is why Bravo thinks this is entertainment?

September 14, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  49. La Jolla

I have seen Taylor on tv and she is very confrontational and violent. I firmly believe she was the one that would attack her husband. Perhaps, he might have slapped her on pushed her, but in an act of self-defense. Furthermore, 90% of women who are in an abusive relationship, don't seek outside help. Therefore, I find it hard to believe that a woman that is so opionated and strong-minded and was going to psychotherapy on a regular basis, was being abused by her husband. She does not fit the profile of an abusive spouse, plain and simple. The proof lies in her actions. Here is a woman who is opionated, controls her own finances, has access to her husbands credit cards, never made a police report in 6 years. I think that Nancy Grace should interviews her.

September 14, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  50. CMAC

I don't believe her. Sorry, but abusive men don't kill themselves unless they take their spouse with them. Their egos are too big to do anything else. Sensitive men, aware that a slander has been committed and they will have to live with that abuser-label the rest of their life kill themselves. The real abuser here, is this woman. She allowed a fake story to get out of control for ratings. Now that exaggeration has led to a death, she is going to double-down on the story to try and cover her guilt.

At the end of the day she sold her soul for a little fame. She has no other course but to lie now.

September 14, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  51. northbynorthwest

I do not want to down-play abuse but this woman should be investigated. I watched 1 episode (I don't always watch this show) and it happened to be one where she was taking her daughter to the doctor – she exhibited classic munchausen-mom-like actions. I would not be terribly surprised if she is violently seeking attention on purpose. I am deeply sorry if I am wrong, but women like this do exist and may her husband rest in peace.

September 14, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  52. La Jolla

Well Russell Armstrong had a brain to con people. I don't think that she's very smart to con anyone. Just her rent is $9k per month. Apparently she's only getts paid $3k per month from Bravo. Furthermore, I believe that she was named in the same law suits with ther husband. If I were her, I would be selling my story and making up a few more also. She has IRS liens and law suits that a bankruptcy will not wipe out.

September 14, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Melody

the fact she turned down Barbara Walters speaks volumes about her lack of credibilty. And my sister was a victim of abuse and she does NOT believe Taylor at all.

September 14, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  54. vivian m

Ugly, fake, superficial, hollow. Please make her go away!

September 14, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  55. tbone

Easy on the purple eye shadow girlfriend!!!

September 14, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • DN3

Hahahaha!! Yup, that lip gloss practically blends right into her face.

September 15, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Heather

You people are just foul. No wonder abuse victims usually keep it to themselves, with the additional verbal abuse jerks like you all pile on.

September 14, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  57. midogs2

Is there some giraffe in her chromosomes?

September 14, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  58. fedup

Every one of you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. Your degrading remarks about this women's appearance is EXACTLY the reason why so many women stay in abusive relationships. You have no knowledge of what went on in this couple's relationship...however you are bent on blaming the victim of violence. Miss tang...you know that if given the chance you would jump on the reality tv bus, so don't hurl insults at those who are given the opportunity. As a woman, your remarks are most disturbing, and you need to seriously visit a domestic violence shelter to put your thoughts in check. NO PERSON, man or woman, deserves to be abused...regardless of what may have lead up to that attack.

September 14, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Melody

Sorry I have dealt with abuse in my family. I don't believe her. And thise are post operative pictures...NOT abuse pictures.

September 14, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • La Jolla

You are so wrong that it is pathetic. There has been no proof of abuse. Has anyone asked her if she fealt sorry for any of the people that her and her husband conned out of money? Does she feel sorry for embezzling $1.5 million. You're telling me that a broken down, emotionally weak, abused woman would go out and hurt people?

September 14, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee G

Thank-You! The people on here have no idea what happened in this family they just make snap judgements based on appearance. You should all keep your mouths shut because someday something like this may just happen to you and I'm sure you would rather the sympathy than the mean, nasty comments you so easily throw out from behind your anonymous screen names!

September 14, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • TexasBroker

I want to read a book from Russell's family. I found it strange to read an article she's digging in paperwork & contacted the FBI after his death. After the episode aired & statements made she was so drunk the housewifeho's wanted to take her to hospital leads me to think a person that drinks falls all the time ends up with bruises and cuts along with OUT OF CONTROL BEHAVIOR.

I wouldn't believe one word she would write about her marriage. Patheic one would capitalize on the untimely death of the father of children no longer have Daddy.

Think she'll itemize the $70,000.00 spent on credit cards that was disclosed.

After watching the episode with her in a suitcase at end of show this week I'd strongly suggest Russell's family members seek to remove her daughter out of her custody. She doesn't appear to be a stable person.

No woman deserves to be abused. It took one time for me I left with clothes on my back. If things were that bad she had ways to leave. Yet she remained in an "alleged" abusive marrige & kept her child in it. I think she needs mental evaluation & child sent to grandparents.

September 15, 2011 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Nikki

Amen sister....just because your rich, doesnt mean it cant happen to you....only she and that poor guy knows what goes on....women are very good at covering abuse, as to not make the man look bad....I know I did it....no one really knew and if they suspected it, they were afraid to ask....she was doing the right thing by leaving......men are weak...he was a fool for what he did, never thinking once of his little girl. No one or thing is worth killing yourself for.....unfortunately his abuse of money and women were his downfall

September 15, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • DN3

Ummm, neither do YOU know what on in this relationship so I don't think your opinion is any more valid than anyone else's. Besides most (real) victims of abuse are too ashamed to go right up to the camera and talk openly about their abuse - even providing pictures??? Come on...trying too hard here.

September 15, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  59. PatK

I read another article that she turned down a Barbara Walters' interview because of all the tough questions that they wanted to asked. Taylor spent money – if anyone remembers the birthday party she had for her daughter. Regarding the abuse, she belongs to a group (i believe last year on the show she actually give a speech and there was a benefit). She had all the means and connectcions to tell about the abuse before the suicide but chose not too until after his death. How can he defend himself. There are always two sides to every story. Abuse is not right and should not happen, but with all her connections why didn't she leave. General opinion is the money and the show.

September 14, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • P.J.

Um...she did leave. Why comment when you don't have access to the facts?

September 15, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • CaraMia

It's very easy to make generalizations and judgments about something that you don't completely understand. Domestic violence is just one example. You ask why – with all her alleged connections – did she not leave? Or leave sooner? Abuse is extremely complicated and consists of such an intricate web of lies, deceit, hurt, shame, confusion.
      I got out of a 2 1/2 year long abusive relationship in the end of 2009. It started very slowly and subtly – verbal assaults, mind control, emotional games. The abuser is very crafty and very careful about what s/he does to his/her victim. So the victim often does not realize that s/he is being abused until something drastic happens. In my own situation, despite so much evidence that I denied, it took a severe beating from my ex to finally wake up and see what was really happening. I should have known better. I should have seen it. My own sister was also in an abusive relationship when we were teens. Her experience lead me to major in psychology with emphasis on abuse of women and children when I attended college. This is a subject that I literally studied for years, had extensive knowledge about and personal experience with. And it STILL happened to me. So you can't judge Taylor's situation and question the validity of the claims based on the fact that she has connections. Sometimes that doesn't matter. And very often the victim will not speak up for fear of another attack, of retaliation from the abuser. You can't say "why didn't she just leave him?". It's not that simple.
      It is absolutely horrendous to make such assumptions and judgments about Taylor without knowing the entire story. Accusing a woman of lying about her abuse is the type of thing that prevents it from going reported. Women often feel that they will not be believed or that they will be blamed or ridiculed. So by even making comments such as what is written here, you all could very well be doing grave harm to a person in an abusive situation. Think about what you are saying before you say it.
      And regardless of how you feel about her appearance or her lifestyle...nobody should EVER use those aspects of her life as a means for passing judgment on her alleged abuse. One has nothing to do with the other. Perhaps it isn't true. Maybe Russell did none of the things she is accusing. We will never know the truth because a dead man can't defend himself. But it doesn't change the fact that it may very well be true. And speaking up about domestic violence takes vast amounts of courage and Taylor should NOT be being questioned, shamed or ridiculed for this.

September 22, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  60. Sarcasmo

Those lips are epically ridiculous.

September 14, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Ann Marie

She had no problem spending him to death did she, I can't believe what extent these women will go to for fame in Los Angeles.

September 14, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • miss tang

Agreed, Shameless, greedy, attention hungry hoes. Yuck. I've never watched any of these shows, although I bet it is amusing to watch these pieces of human crap makes buffoons of themselves in such a public way.

September 14, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  62. JohnCBarclow

Talking about abuse is good. We should also talk about what the women do that results in the abuse. Usually there's something, like spending all the money the man makes. Or cheating on him. Or something. Not that any of that excuses abuse, but we shouldn't pretend abuse happens in a vacuum. We need to talk about what both parties do instead of just one.

September 14, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Honey2000

Agreed, unfortunately. I have heard many a woman on and off the air berate and try to "one up" their husband in public. It is the woman and man that needs to respect and lift up eachother, a mutual appreciation society. Otherwise, WHY DID YOU MARRY HIM $$?? I really do not want to see her anymore, sorry for the judgeiness BUT she is like a little lost girl, painful to watch. Just go heal and grow, OFF CAMERA!!

September 14, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • JA

Blame the victim?

Classy

September 15, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Billy Bob

You are a nut job. blaming women for abuse!!!

September 16, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  63. NoPunIntended

Now that's some awful plastic surgery right there... yuck!

September 14, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  64. phearis

Someone give that woman a sandwich!! STAT!!

September 14, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Sherri

The most telling aspects about this are the obvious 'work' she has had done, I suspect on her late husbands' nickel, the strong desire to capitalize on her 'position' and...her estranged husband is dead. And, she still is profiting. So, who was the most abused?

September 14, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  66. HJM

Get rid of the large Botox lips

September 14, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Beautiful Vixen

Yes she is ugly. I think she is also mean. If you ever seen her angry on the show...she looks like a fish someone just caught on a fishing pole, and, is getting it out of the water. Or a p!ssed off duck.

September 14, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Lets get all of the Housewives...New Jersey...Atlanta...Beverly Hills...Hoboken...Oz....Vulcan....Walmart. Get them all together and tell them to talk about themselves....

While scretly USAF is about to test fire a nuclear missle...

Anyone see where I am going with this?

September 14, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Beautiful Vixen...if there is a knock at your door..and you hear three speech imparied mallards? I advise you to lock yourself in the bedroom......Because you just about insulted every duck in the world....BOY HATE TO SEE YOUR CAR IN THE MORNING!

September 14, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  68. OSUmom

Taylor is a liar. The fact that she didn't go out in public for the rest of July isn't true according to her own tweets. She has lied so much I am not sure Shanna/Taylor even knows what the truth is anymore.

September 14, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  69. edddy murfie

My wife wont ever abuse me. Im a karate man! A karate man I tell ya !

September 14, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Martha

Sorry for the abuse. If indeed was abuse. I think she not a pretty women with those lips and cheeks. Fake! Fake! She looks like the type that pushed that man to the limit.

September 14, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  71. back to basics

Ah, the familiar faces of Evel Knievel and Steven Seagal. Old School Marquee Bloggers.

I don't really put too much stock on the housewives in those shows... they just like to exploit themselves for more money and more airtime... sorry to sound insensitive but women get abused all the time, yet their stories are never heard. If she wasn't in the spotlight due to her lousy show, she probably wouldn't have been able to come forth as easily as she did here.

September 14, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Purebredmutt

Actually they were two really bad drunks that hit each other.
      Unfortunately her ability to generate one sided sympathy through the tv show, destroyed his business, took him to financial ruin and he eventually lost it – no drugs in his system – he just snapped.
      The only thing that surprises me is a persons inability to resist biting the hand that feeds them.
      I feel sorry for her but for entirely different reasons, look at what guilt has done to Kate Gosselin.

September 14, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  72. jojo

This woman is ugly, period. She is responsible for her husband's death by doing that stupid show. She is not glamourous, and just plain ugly with those awful looking lips.

September 14, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • LadyPink

No one can ever be held solely responsible for some one killing themselves. It is the decision of that person and that person only to do so and anything or anyone else can only be considered a factor in it.

September 14, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • myass

Just looking at her makes me want to off myself.

September 14, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ben Dover

myass, I like you already.

September 14, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Wowsa

She didn't waste any time getting her ugly mug on ET and slandering Russell

September 14, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • miss tang

How convenient that her husband is dead, and cannot refute her claims or defend himself. These reality TV people are so ridiculous in their endless hunger for attention, they love to air their dirty laundry to try to gain sympathy. So pathetic.

September 14, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Evel Knievel

She looks like someone beat her alright. With an ugly stick.

September 14, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • beelzabarber

Those bruises couldnt be the result of all the plastic surgery, could they?

September 14, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • PJones

Looks like a surgeon abused her face.

September 14, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denise

Perhaps driving the man into bankcruptsy trying to fit in with the super rich, drove him over the edge. Sad for the children though...good luck to her latching onto another "rich guy"

September 15, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • melvinslizard

This lady makes me ga-vomit.

September 15, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  75. DN3

Wow. Just wow... I'd be interested to know which cross-section of society you hail from.

September 15, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |