Megan Fox: I'm not an android
September 14th, 2011

Megan Fox: I'm not an android

She may look otherworldly, but super-sexy movie star Megan Fox tells Moviefone she wants to appear more “human.”

In the interview, Fox, 25, says she feels that people see her as a "glorified pin-up girl.” She adds, “I feel people think I'm almost like a robot — like an android...I just don't really get portrayed as someone who has feelings or who is sympathetic… like a self-absorbed ice queen.”

Films like “Jennifer’s Body” or “Transformers” feature characters who are “not necessarily [people] you connect with." As Fox puts it, there aren't "real people necessarily who exist like that - the glossy lips in the middle of the desert.”

The actress wants to combat this image, and says she’s trying to find roles that are “more human,” like her character in the upcoming comedy “Friends with Kids.”

Fox explains that her character Mary Jane is a bit warmer than, say, “Transformers.” For one thing, she's “not a jerk or an asshole.” That's a start!

“I love working on comedy film sets,” Fox said of the experience. “They have been the most wonderful experiences and they are nice, kind, fun people.”

In addition to rehabbing her image, the actress noted another perk of doing a comedy: because of her work on “Friends with Kids,” producer Judd Apatow expressed interested in putting her in a movie.

“Friends with Kids” recently premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival.

1. the_dude

She is ok I guess but she has weird looking fingers.

October 12, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Average Joe

She's not an android... but she does dream of electric sheep.

October 5, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jayman419

Just because people still like seeing the old you under the hood of an old Camero, it doesn't mean anyway wants to see what you've done since then. Get rid of the cheek implants, stop botoxing your face into wood, and quit blowing up your lips like you expect to need them as a life preserver. Once your face can physically emote, it might be easier to get roles as a human.

October 3, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. JamesC

not an android? Hmmm so she's either an Iphone or a Blackberry.

October 2, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. Scott

True..... I have seen some androids that can actually act

September 28, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. minigirl

Well good thing bout us fqt girlz is we dont really have to worry bout guys...we just get em drunk enough then its alll good...ive had even the hottest cheerleaderz boyfriend lol...oh yeah and fat girlz have tons of personality and dont always go round in pitty me mode..fox got off to a wrong start insulting the directory of a crappy movie that america loved....my husband made me watch it like 6 times in i was ready to blow my brains out it was so kiddish...but i digress...so that is why she got bad press that and the fact she hasnt had any other "films"

September 14, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. lmao

@Truth Hurts @ SO WHAT: Thx you. Geezes.. felt the venom from that remark that she made. That's why I back off with my name. She would have came through the computer and strangled me..lol. G*d only knows things are already weird on these blogs here lately, why add to it.

September 14, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. timmie

YOU ARE ALL JUST MEAN. i typed in capital letters. fat girls are ok. they cant help it and have good personalities.

September 14, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. fernace

First, she is the 1 constantly talking about how her beauty prevents her from being precieved as real, second, she Chose the roles she's complaining about, no1 forced them on her! She needs to chill & be real for a while, then people may find her more approchable!!

September 14, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. SO WHAT?

@lmao... Oh no darling, that is not the case... I am pretty and very slender... Megan Fox is gorgeous, dont get me wrong... But her complaint about her beauty is pathetic!!!! maybe if she wasnt flaunting herself around in mini skirts in these movies, people would take her seriously... She came into the business to be a hot pin up girl, not to be an oscar winner!!!

September 14, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth Hurts @ SO WHAT?

Pretty easy to make up stories about yourself behind the computer, am I correct?

If you have time to sit there and be critical about someone else over the internet (it's a celebrity for goodness sakes), you really aren't that pretty, whether it be outer beauty, or inner beauty.

"lmao" described you with perfect accuracy.

September 14, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  11. tracie

I will always imagine her with legs in the air and pushing a turrrd out her butthole.

September 14, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mr. Spock

No, Captain, not an android, a "Plastoid". Androids are built for a specific purpose. This organism's purpose seems to be to continually change its appearance for no good reason. Interesting....

September 14, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  13. lmao

U can always tell the fat and ugly girls on here..right @SO WHAT?

September 14, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  14. mark

Her behind is t o o fat.

September 14, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Kelly

If she wanted people to care more about her insides and feelings she wouldn't go out and get plastic surgery everyday of her life. She looks completely different from when she first got into the business. I used to like her until she changed like all the other celebrties and got plastic surgery. She doesnt have any self respect for herself nor does she care about her own feelings because being beautiful and gorgeous doesn't mean having to get plastic surgery and botox as much times as people change their underwear. She's not even hot anymore, now she just looks like a barbie doll except you can't see barbies botox injection points.

September 14, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. beautiful model

Being a beautiful and glamorous fashion model everyone always ask is my thingies are real. I always say rub on them and see what you think.

September 14, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  17. TRISH

Im much prettier. Im not fat like she is. Plus my thingies are real.

September 14, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  18. SO WHAT!

Ohhh Boo Hoo!! Everyone thinks I am soooo pretty that they cant relate.. F OFF!

September 14, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Louise

She's not an actor either.

September 14, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Evel Knievel

She's got a fivehead instead of a forehead.

September 14, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  21. timmer

One time a few weeks back I was so firsty a piece of doodoo came out of my butt. It was gnarly.

September 14, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  22. mina

She sure isnt. Her behind is too fat to be a pretty android girl.

September 14, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • comeon

Technically speaking, and android is a male & a gynoid is a female.

September 14, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  23. albert

i guess that means she poops

September 14, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • roary

It means...she's not a robot, a part of the illuminati, world agenda. She's a real person with real feelings. Grow up and get some knowledge. Duh! LOL

September 15, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  24. tracie

I want to eat some android doo doo.

September 14, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |