James Franco fan sells actor yarn art...of Franco
September 14th, 2011

James Franco fan sells actor yarn art...of Franco

James Franco is a man who loves his fans: The actor bought a yarn rendition of himself crafted by a 13-year-old girl with a blog called James Franco Forever, reports Canada’s CTV News.

Macy Armstrong showed up at the Toronto International Film Festival in a t-shirt featuring Franco’s face. Armstrong arrived to see the actor with her homemade art, including the yarn portrait of Franco.

Franco was speaking about his new art installation, which is a tribute to Gus Van Sant's 1991 film "My Own Private Idaho," when he noticed his young fan with a tribute of her own.

"I saw that one on the Internet, someone sent it to me,” Franco said to Armstrong of her Franco-themed art. “I wanna buy those."

"Of course, I would love for him to have them," said Armstrong after the sale. "I'm a humongous fan. For his birthday, I made him a cake."

The teen later took to her Tumblr to commemorate the encounter. "He looked at me, he spoke to me, and I'm pretty sure we mentally got married!" she reportedly wrote. "Everyone on the street thinks I'm crazy because I'm freaking out! It's like a dream."

When not buying or creating fan art, Franco is filming the "Wizard of Oz" prequel "Oz: The Great and Powerful" with director Sam Raimi.

1. jenifer

У бедняка не должно быть ни единого недостатка. Бомарше П.

May 31, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  2. Nick

Mr. Franco, I truly admire you sir. I think you are a great person who needs to be appricated for all the good things you do. You have an amazing mind full of mysterious and wonderful ideas and thoughts. If you are interested in helping get America back to where it should be economy wise please e-mail me. I have a degree in engineering and much like you, my mind works very unusual. Mucho respect goes to you for showing this teen that true art is appricated. You have done a great thing and let the great things you do continue! Thank you for being what America needs.

September 30, 2011 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  3. stephen

Fans are strange people sometimes.

September 29, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. wolfaley

The ignorant comments on here aren't necessary. Its sad how ignorant a lot of people can be.

I'm so happy for the girl who made the art! I would have loved to have met him too! He seems so sweet and like such a great human being!

September 20, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. miley

Hey I'm the teen he bought it from he is amazing at what he does I LOVE him

September 20, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  6. semmra

I think he is a great actor & he's a great human being too!

September 19, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. shocked by stupid

Why are you perverts being such a$$h0les? And @ timmie . . . Really? Do you know how idiotic you sound?

September 19, 2011 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  8. AB

Wow-whenever I read comments I realize truly how stupid the American public is.

September 18, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. karina

that was a lovely thing to do!!!

September 18, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  10. hadabadday

Mr Franco is a busy man who is very accomplished..its very nice to see that he takes time to lift the spirits of even his younger fans...its great to see ...great job Mr Franco... : )

September 16, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. super Mickey

can i help!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?! may i?!?!?!?! please?!?!?!?!?!?! thanks.!!!! bless. peace. enjoy and be happy.

September 16, 2011 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  12. Don JJ

OK Im creeped out.

September 15, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. corrina

Who.would make fun of an Oscar nominated actor who is also very busy working towards a PhD from an Ivy League college? only a low life minimum wage earner who is green with envy

September 15, 2011 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  14. Stephanie

So sweet James..:)

September 14, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. mina

I herd he gave the girls boyfriend a kiss in trade.

September 14, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Kendall

I want to know how much he paid for it.

September 14, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  17. derrick

People need to be nice to James. He has accomplished alot for a disabled person. Did you know he lost an arm in a rock climbing accident? Look at all the great things he has accomplished since then. is one of the good guys.

September 14, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  18. timmie

If he is so nice why did he eat all the tatertots at our school? I think he might play with doodoo.

September 14, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. james

If she is 18 or 19 i got some creative work she can do.

September 14, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Mireya

I like Franco...I am glad he took the time to talk n buy art pieces from a teen. Most importantly, I am quite sure she does some very creative work.

September 14, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Timmie

I was sure looking forward to tatertots. I think it is a conspirecy and James Franco is involved.

September 14, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Timmie

I love fingerpainting ! IT RULES ! My teacher said ill surley get at least a B ! She told us a story about us having tatertots in the lunchroom today. Jut hotdogs and potato chips. She said for us to be greatful because there are starving children in China that would love to have potato chips.

September 14, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Timmie

Last year he was in some of my classes at school. We all kept asking him what day it was-FRIDAY-and he started crying and said we ere picking on him. Now he goes to special classes where he isnt around kids much. I didnt like that song he sang called FRIDAAY but he doesnt have to be such a baby.

September 14, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amanda212

And what kind of "special" classes do you attend? Ones with alot of blocks and fingerpaints I'm sure.

September 14, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Timmie

@Juliana25. How do you know?

September 14, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  25. JF

Thanks everyone. Let's fight for the arts. PLUR

September 14, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  26. bee-itchy

Aww, I think that was great of Franco to do! It was a win-win for him and the teen ;)

September 14, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  27. Happy Cow

MOOODONA : ) LOL : ) Hi Peace and everyone. We hope yall have a happy mootastic day too ! : )

September 14, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  28. joanna

Way to go Franco......................maybe you can give Modonna a lesson in humility.

September 14, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  29. Maury Povich

Wonder if he bought any of Gadafi's fan art.

September 14, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  30. Evel Knievel

It was a yarn rendition of Franco doing what he loves best – playing the meat whistle.

September 14, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • bill

Franco could play my meat whistle anyday. He's a hottie!

September 14, 2011 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

Cover it with yarn and he'll be right over.

September 14, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • juliana25

Well, I guess that is your fantasy. It is inappropriate to say and untrue. He did a great thing in encouraging this young girl to be creative, and this is something that she will never forget. That young girl who is probably reading these comments. Be respectful and keep your perverted thoughts to yourself!

September 14, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

If that girl is reading these comments then she can handle the truth. Why isn't she in school instead of preparing herself to become a lonely cat lady like you?

September 14, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  31. auntgrandma

All I can say is WOW! I hope God blesses him for buying that art work! He could have just blown her off but instead lifted her spirit up and encouraged her soul. What a wondreful thing he did. Way to go Mr. Franco...way to go!!!

September 14, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  32. Jay

Yawwwwn.

September 14, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  33. Princess Koopa

Anyone who buys a childs' artwork and encourages them to be creative is a great person. Good job James! Hot as can be and a good heart, wow!

September 14, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  34. Peace

I'm looking forward to the Oz prequel! Hi Happy cow! You have a mootastic day, ok?

September 14, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  35. Happy Cow

People like to make fun of him but that was a sweet thing to do. : ) moooooo : ) goodmorning everyone : ).

September 14, 2011 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
    • aso88

I love Franco. I think he is one of the best actors out there! What a sweet thing to do.

September 14, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Dr. Matthews

I thought he was okay till the academy awards. Ugh!

Prequel to OZ? Denzel Washington as the wizard!

September 14, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Juliana25

People who make fun of others are insecure themselves. He has a sweet, generous heart and is very kind to his fans, stopping to sign autographs, take pictures, etc. Before any one says " How do you know?", we are family friends.
      I guess some think it is "cool" to criticize him but it is unwarranted. Luckily, he thinks it's amusing.

September 14, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • dennis f.

I truly like his acting abilities....he's very dark acting styles of James Dean.
      Just hope he learned from the demise of other young actors, such as River Phoenix or Chris Penn.

Good luck in your career.....bravo!

September 21, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |