Shocking 'True Blood' finale full of tricks and treats
September 12th, 2011

Shocking 'True Blood' finale full of tricks and treats

[Editor's Note: If you haven't watched the finale, look out below. This post contains spoilers for the September 11 episode of HBO’s “True Blood."]

Confession: Because last night’s finale was infinitely better than last season’s disappointing end, half my notes were written in all caps and peppered with four letter words. Help yourself to some of Maxine’s pork rind casserole, ‘cause we’ve got a lot of ground to cover.

We joined Jesus and Lafayette (and Marnie, sort of) at a scene familiar to pretty much every couple at one point or another: The Awkward Brunch where stony silence with a side of home fries is the only item on the menu.

Jesus apologized to Lafayette for everything that had transpired during their time with the coven. "LaMarnie" took this as an opportunity to voice her displeasure at Jesus’ forcibly casting Antonia out and she stabbed him in the hand with a fork and took him prisoner.

She told Jesus that she coveted something he had been trying to suppress his entire life – the powerful magic within him – and she threatened to kill Lafayette if he didn’t hand over the goods. So he did and she killed him. Sad trombone.

In Stackhouse news, Sookie and Tara convened for their annual Season Finale Coffee Klatsch where they rehashed how crazy their lives had been as of late and oh, by the way, it totally feels like Gran’s around.

Jason, meanwhile, told Hoyt about his dalliance with Jessica. Hoyt was predictably pissed and gave Jason a right proper ass kicking. (Truth be told, Jason deserved a beating for that mustache alone.)

At Merlotte’s, the bar was a hive of activity with lots of little tidbits teasing season 5's storylines.

Sergeant Patrick Devins, a fellow Marine from Terry’s past, showed up looking to reconnect. Arlene was left feeling puzzled because Terry had never mentioned Sgt. Devins. When you allegedly save a man’s life (twice!) wouldn’t you tell your wife?

Sookie celebrated being rehired by tending to Alcide’s broken heart. He told her all about his breakup with Debbie and tried to convince her that they belonged together. He was serving up a fierce case of puppy dog eyes when he was interrupted by an urgent phone call. More on that in a minute.

Later, Tara showed up and told Sookie and Holly what had happened to Jesus. They took off in search of Lafayette and left me to wonder yet again whether Sookie has ever actually worked a full shift at Merlotte’s.

The girls found LaMarnie, along with Bill and Eric, on the front lawn of Chez Compton. The boys were silvered to a stake and began to burn as LaMarnie, clad in a caftan from the Mrs. Roper Resort Collection, cast a spell.

The girls began their own incantation and summoned forth the ghostly inhabitants of the Bon Temps cemetery. Antonia also made an appearance, and she extinguished the flames before doling out a little witch wisdom.

Gran was there too and freed Lafayette before retreating back to the afterlife with Marnie in tow. Sookie mustered up another ugly cry and that was that. Ding dong the witch is dead, etc., etc.

Later, Sookie helped the boys heal by allowing them to feed on her. She then launched into an impromptu supernatural final rose ceremony that ended with her rejecting both guys. Brad Womack did it first and better, lady.

We also learned that the girls’ summoning spell brought back the best and the worst of Bon Temps when Rene paid Arlene a visit at the bar. He urged her to stay away from Terry because his past had finally caught up with him. Ominous!

In Shreveport, Pam was still reeling after Eric scolded her for trying to blow up Moon Goddess. In an inspired rant, she said everything we’ve always wanted to say about Sookie and then had a good cry as Ginger consoled her.

Back in Bon Temps, Sam and Luna had a talk about the future of their relationship and a mystery wolf appeared as they said good night. It’s got to be Marcus, right? After Franklin, I’ve learned that you’re not dead until you’re staked or fed to the alligators.

Elsewhere, Jason’s night improved exponentially when Jessica appeared on his doorstep dressed as Sexy Red Riding Hood. She told him she didn’t want a relationship but was totally down to keep on having sex with him, and of course that was just fine with Jason.

After Jessica left, there was a knock at the door and it was the long-missing Rev. Steve Newlin - who, by the way, is now a vampire.

And remember Alcide’s urgent phone call? An employee wanted to alert him to a problem at a former construction site. The trouble? A crater on the ground level of a concrete parking deck that could mean only one thing: Russell’s back, baby!

Nan rolled up to Chez Compton to inform Bill and Eric that she quit (read: was fired from) both the AVL and the Authority and was interested in forming a rebel faction. She then went on a tirade against Sookie, and the boys responded by staking her.

Finally, Sookie returned to an empty house to find a shotgun-toting Debbie in her kitchen. Debbie fired and hit Tara, who’d rushed to Sookie’s aid. Sookie then wrestled the gun away from Debbie and shot her in the face. (In the face! That’s cold-blooded. Fetch me the smelling salts, because I may never recover from this tragic loss.)

The show faded to black as Sookie’s cries for help went unanswered.

So that’s it. What’d you think? Share your thoughts in the comments and we’ll see you back here for season 5. Until then, 'True'-bies! And if you're thirsty for one last shot of “True Blood," don’t miss our CNN iReport Interview with Joe Manganiello and Kristin Bauer!

Post by:
Filed under: television • True Blood • TV recaps

1. chicago website design

Someone essentially help to make severely articles I would state. That is the first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular post incredible. Excellent process!

June 12, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. voyance medium

Just wish to say your article is as astounding. The clearness to your publish is simply spectacular and that i could assume you are knowledgeable in this subject. Well with your permission let me to seize your feed to keep up to date with impending post. Thank you one million and please continue the enjoyable work.

May 26, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. pammiks

"PAMM investing" is a real alternative to a bank deposit. Unprecedented safety conditions, you invest your money without parting with it. Profit up to 50% per annum. We turn big money into very big money. Invest in "PAMM investing". Learn more about us on http://www.pamm-investing.com
    You can make your own advertisement with your own text. The main requirement you should comply with while doing it is to provide reliable information on us since we do not cheat people, but help them make money.

October 13, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. me

Buddy TV also had True Blood recaps.

September 15, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  5. Matt

Painful read.....some bad writing here....

September 14, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paula

It's a shame that there's nowhere else on the Internet to read recaps.

September 14, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. nicholas

stalking is fun :D :v . . . . . . . . .

September 13, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. shalimar

personally i dnt see what the big deal is with the books....i mean eric using the word lover every damn minute was corny and could not be in the show thank goodness...i think the season 4 was the worst indeed...plots were raced, acting at some points was quite bad (particulary the episode where anna was in the cirlce of fire and the rest of the vamps outside) i dont like ow they made eric so 'not eric' when he got his memories back..yeah so he's in love with sookie now but he would portray in a more intense, possessive poss angry way...and bringing up Bill every minute is an obvious tactic to keep him in the story which comes off as annoying cuz the chemistry bet him and sookie is so not there...for the most part i was just annoyed with the plot this seaosn and the characters' development...next season make eric be eric plz secretive, unprdictable, sarcastic rude and funny...anna really needs to work on her acting skills as well...she comes off as fake too many times...plz make the story lines more interesting and not so rushed

September 13, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • BWoz

Totally agree on the circle of fire thing. Worst. Acting. Ever. I wish the writers would make up their mind about Sookie, she's either ranting and zapping people with her "fairy magic" or weeping and cringing. I really like "book" Sookie but "series" Sookie basically just annoys me 99% of the time. She has no depth. And I am super-p!ssed about the Eric/Sookie plotline, which was probably my favorite book...I know, series is different, I get that, but I think the series writers were foolish to diminish that storyline.

September 14, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jg

why does the link say "the end of Entourage"??????? this is hogwash!

September 13, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. AnnaBANANA

Plus... Tara we all know isn't dead, all she needs is a little V and she'll be on her merry way.

September 13, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ric

why at the end of every tru blood season does a black person die? 1st season, the rite aid working exorcist died in Merlottes parking lot. 2nd season Eggz shot by jason in merlottes parking lot. And now poor Tara shot in sookies house! CURIOUS IS ALL

September 13, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • AnnaBanana

Maybe you are looking too far into it.. and that's "racist" in itself.

September 13, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • CK

Seriously? How many other countless characters that are non-black have died? Whether big or small characters. Stupid, stupid ignorant comment. Always want to make it about race? Can't we all just get along...dammit!

September 13, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Kim

That was an AWESOME finale! I enjoy watching this show because it is pure escapism...no need to really think about it too hard...just watch. I am totally excited that Russel is back...YEA!! I think Pam freed him because she is sick of Sookie AND HER fairy VG!"...that was hilarious by the way. Sad about Jesus though..I was hopefull he would stick around for some more witch fun and I love him and LaFayette together. As for Tara...I hope Bill/Eric arrive and turn her. She needs to experience life as another life-form and stop being so stressed out as a human. Till next June...I will be waiting in happy anticipation!

September 13, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  12. James

This was the worst season out of all of them. I understand they have to stray away from the books to make it TV worthy but this is rediculous. There are so many storylines that it is hard to keep up from one scene to the next and if they don't bring the real Eric back soon, I'm done with this mess. Leave the whiny vampire stuff to Bill and let Eric be his normal bad ass self.

September 13, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  13. George

Is it me or did Jessica get hotter in EVERY episode?

September 13, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. Roxame

This season was so good and likewise a great ending! Lots of exciting things happened. I was totally shocked that Sookie didn't pick Eric!. I am thinking that they will get back together in the next season as they are together through most of the books. I prefer Bill myself, but at least they are together in real life. It's gonna be a long wait until next summer!

September 13, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  15. Julie

For all of you hating on the Bill-Sookie-Eric triangle...READ A BOOK!!!! The Sookie Stackhouse series is all about the triangle...and yes she does get rid of both of them in the end...although one comes back into her life :) She has another guy inbetween though and I don't mean Alcide! And sadly yes, she's always carrying that torch for Bill..

September 13, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  16. Susan

I don't care what anyone says..... I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I can't wait for next season!

September 13, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  17. CK

I have a question – where is everyone getting zombies from...other than the fact the episode ending on Halloween and some characters were DRESSED as zombies? Just curious how this assumption is being made.

September 13, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  18. Susan

"Clad in a caftan from the Mrs. Roper Resort Collection" – HYSTERICAL!

September 13, 2011 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  19. Janet

This blog sucks because it screens to many comments for no reason! Next time I won't bother to read it.

September 13, 2011 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  20. Janet

My comment wasn't shown...so no it's not a duplicate!

September 13, 2011 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  21. Josh

I'm pretty sure next season is gonna be the season of the Zombie. There was a lot of foreshadowing and bunch of "can't stay dead forever" jargin. I think Scott Foley might be a Zombie. I think the reason they killed so many people is because they will all find their way back next season. Having Russel Edgington back should be interesting next season.

September 13, 2011 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  22. Aunt Petunia

Brilliant whoever is guessing that Tara will be saved by turning into a vampire! It will be so ironic and shocking with this twist if true – as she spent the season hating vampires the most. This was the best season ever. Unassuming Aunt Petunia played the best villain ever. I loved every campy minute of it – from premiere to finale – from the absurd to the sublime it was a one hour treat like no other every week. It's going to be a long wait, as always, but I hope it will be well worth it as usual.
    For now I'll count the days until Eastbound and Down!

September 12, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Dutt

is there a trailer for season 5??

September 12, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  24. MuchBetterFinale

I was glad to see that this finale cleared out some of the more annoying and useless characters. I had been rooting for Tara to get killed every episode for a while. And as a bonus, they did a good job of finishing off the Marnie/Jesus characters. Now, if the could just kill off Sheriff Andy, that would be great!

September 12, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Hooboy

Can't wait to see Russell again – he was so hilarious!

In the books, it seems like Sookie sleeps with every supe she comes across. I'm hoping tiger boy doesn't show up on the show.

I'm guessing Pam let Russell out.

The main problem I have is that they don't move things along fast enough. Every show should be like this season finale.

September 12, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  26. George

Rutina Wesley should quit show and find something else. I think that she'd getting JEW'd by show producers. All her character was good for was loud, angry black girl (season 1&2); now that that's passed, they don't know what to do with her character.

Why is it that the major gay characters (Tara Thornton, Lafayette Reynolds and Jesus Velasquez) where all minorities.

Like i said ....JEW'ED

September 12, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Wow that's extremely bigoted. Obviously that was your intention. FYI none of the shows producers are of the tribe. Now, go kill yourself.

September 13, 2011 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  27. CaliGirl

I've read the books, and have watched every season. At it's core, the novels–hence the TV show–are based on the internal and external struggles of the heroine, Sookie Stackhouse. For some reason, the producers can't let her leave Bill in the dust, where he belongs after betraying her (and what happens in the books). Instead, we've had to watch her waffle between two men which makes her appear weak and immature, when in the books she was clearly over Bill and very much into Eric. I don't think the writers of the show let that relationship build long enough, and I don't think they showed their relationship for what it was in the books: playful, sensual, and more mature than the one she had with Bill. Eric's character has a great sense of humor in the books, and the show's writers never captured that, which is too bad. I fear they will have Sookie jump into bed with Alcide next (or Quinn, if he's introduced), without much development on that front either.

As for Tara, I am SO glad she's been mortally wounded, and I can only hope that they don't bring her back. Tara's character on the show was boring, whiny, and irritating. Jesus had more depth than Tara. LaFayette's character has lost his zest (remember how fun he was the first season?), and now the writers seem to think having him call the other cast member "hookas" or "b****es" is all the clever writing they need to do. If they don't give him his groove back, take him out too.

I'll try one more season. I hope the writers pay attention to all the feedback they get–good, bad, and ugly–and take heed. Otherwise, I'll cancel HBO for good.

September 12, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Martin

Actually, for those saying that the Sookie/Bill/Eric storyline wasn't believable, I think it was totally realistic.

Woman can't decide between two guys so she ditches them both? She's already had overtures and interest shown by LC so not likely she'll be alone for very long.

Ditch both and start over with someone new. Totally realistic. My two cents.

September 12, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Tracy

The finale was the final nail in the coffin of me watching this show. It's so sad that such beloved characters could have their personalities sucked out and ground in the dirt, becoming completely unrecognizable and pathetic. Sookie used to be a strong character. Now she's just a dumb***. I'm not going to waste any more of my time on this show.

September 12, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  30. kiki

Add me to the tally of those who thoroughly enjoyed the finale. I have read all the books and I enjoy both the books and the show equally. I think the show does a good job of embellishing the book storylines because each book on its own does not provide enough material to fill 12 hours (i.e. one season's worth) of television.

My prediction regarding Russell is that Nan let him go (Bill and Eric probably had reported to her of his demise last season). Since nan was preparing to launch a coup against the AVL and authority, and Russell was clearly anti-authority, Nan would have figured Russell to be a likely ally. Of course, Nan didn't count on getting herself staked, and I have no idea how they'll handle Russell now.

I think the wolf that approached Sam was Alcide and he will be seeking Sam's advice on taking over the wolf pack and the weird scene in the concrete at the parking garage. Or maybe Debbie had some V on hand after the fight involving Marcus and Marcus himself is still around and was the one confronting Sam.

The Rev. Steve Newlin was possibly turned as a twisted form of revenge from a Dallas vampire. If so, Steve may still be anti-vamp and a self-loathing vamp at that,seeking to plot further revenge toward the vampire race. This would actually correspond loosely with an upcoming plot line from the book series which I won't get into here, but the book buffs out there probably suspect this as well.

Tara will most likely be saved by vamp blood as Bill and Eric will respond to Sookie's distress.

I am holding out hope that all the Hotshot/panther business with Jason wasn't just dropped after so much buildup and it will just take until the next full moon for the effect to have set in. I would like to see them follow the book on that storyline, in which Jason doesn't become "full-were."

I predict that Terry's experiences at war will be back to haunt him, and he may have been an indiscriminate murderer or torturer in his past, not so much the regretful PTSD victim that we would like to take him for.

September 12, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  31. HLE

It was good; I hope that this season's ending stick; also it seem like Sookie and Alcin will be getting together. And the person who was dug up from the concrete was the previous king that Eric and Bill buried in the season before. If they keep things going it should be wonderful next season. Also the fairy storyline is coming back as we all can see.

September 12, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  32. LoJenkins

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries&w=640&h=390]

September 12, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  33. dave

Watched it for first season or so, but it started getting ridiculous. Gf still watches. Like a drug to her. Same with harry potter and twilight.

September 12, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Ha ha

They should have some gay guys like ronnie and situation on here also. they can be in the hot tub and zombies should come out of the woods and want to s*x them up in the .... that would make it really funny

September 12, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Faries

Are there any fairies in here? like tinkerbell? not peter pan. What about trolls? are there any trolls on this show? we like trolls

September 12, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  36. maggiemae

I still wish they would include Elvis. He made the books funny. And, BTW – where is her cousin from New Orleans?

September 12, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  37. me asking

Is peter pan and captain hook in this also. i like peter pan. i would enjoy peter pan hiting the witches out of the sky. captain hook can stay below and catch them n put them in bags n bring them to his ship

September 12, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  38. so

Do they have witches making soup in the big pot and all that stuff? do u guys do that in real life. u sit around n cook in big pots and fly in the sky at nights? Hmmmmm?

September 12, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Trazey

". .. .and left me to wonder yet again whether Sookie has ever actually worked a full shift at Merlotte’s" bahahahha best line of the article!!!

September 12, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  40. tmk

Tara was just a side character in the books she wasn't suppose to be a big character, I know Lafayette was suppose to die at the end of the first book but they must have liked his character. Debbie was suppose to die at the hands of Sookie. I liked it I can't wait for the next seaspm

September 12, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  41. DERRY'O

THANK GOD TOMMY AND DEBBI ARE GONE!! I hated both charters! But i did like NANE? That was a surprize i have to say. But of they kill off TARA am not sure?? but i have to say at least the show is back most of this season SUCKED and not the good way. LOL

September 12, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  42. dan rose

Is it just me, or does it seem like the black characters on this show get the worst of every scenario? Lafayette and Tara ,not to mention the doomed Eggs and that ghost woman and the female deputy, have been through the most horrible s–t. Even for this show! That said, Tara is pretty annoying. Maybe making her a vamp, or even letting her stay dead, will improve her somehow. I do find myself rooting for Lafayette though. Hopefully his newfound powers will elevate him above a mere victim going forward.

September 12, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  43. sanjosemike

I have never watched this "program." In fact I had no idea what it was about until I looked through this article. I still don't really know. In fact, I wonder why I even posted here?

September 12, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Al

I am not a witch. Silly teabaggers.

September 12, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pamd

Let's leave the "obvious" "Southern" derogatory term of "silly teabaggers" out of the comments here. I don't believe you would like to be referred to as a "Redneck Scalawag". This site has been set up for the True Blood Fans. Most folks out here are really here commenting on the season and finale. It's posts such as a few out here that make it really difficult when religion, politics and outright rude insults are vomited out by the likes of you and others. Why is it that some southeners just can not let go of the war that ended in 1865? If you can answer me that, then maybe we can move on to a "spelling contest".........

September 12, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Dex in Tex

Bring Tara Back....Bring Tara Back...Bring Tara Back....Bring Tara Back...Bring Tara Back....Bring Tara Back...Bring Tara Back....Bring Tara Back...Bring Tara Back....Bring Tara Back...Bring Tara Back....Bring Tara Back...Bring Tara Back....Bring Tara Back...Bring Tara Back....Bring Tara Back...Bring Tara Back....Bring Tara Back...Bring Tara Back....Bring Tara Back...Bring Tara Back

September 12, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jess

This commentary of the finale was infinitely more entertaining than the actual episode!

September 12, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Peter

When Jason was left with the care of all those panther kindred, all I could think of was that little child coming home and sayin', "Look, ma. They followed me home. Kin I keep 'em?" Jasons big ol' box of lost kittens...

September 12, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Ann

The truly shocking thing here, that these horrible actors who do horrible Southern accents, were able to keep this horrible show going. Americans are getting dumber and dumber by the second. Does anyone read anymore? Does anyone know real talent? Obviously not.

September 12, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristin

There aren't many actors who do good Southern accents. I didn't really care for the show, but if it were "horrible" it would have been cancelled long ago. If you hate it so much and like to read so much, get off this board, turn off the computer and read a book. If you don't have anything nice to say, shut up.

September 12, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Klatu

Was any of it really that shocking? Bill & Eric killed a now-fired vampire head, thus she isn't important anymore anyway. Tara got shot, and surely next season the healing power of vampire blood will bring her back to normal....like it always does.

September 12, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Kristin

I dropped HBO a while back. I read the books instead. They were much better.

September 12, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  51. siranda

I don't care what anyone says. I think Sookie is the best cryer out there. Admittedly, she's cried an awful lot lately but when her eyes just start to tear up and her lips start to quiver she is magnificently pitiful.

September 12, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Bob Miller

Is that stupid show still on? Wow. You people know nothing about real programming.

September 12, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • maggiemae

yet....you took the time to read about it and thought we would honestly be interested in your humble opinion because??????

September 12, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pamd

I'd be interested in hearing what Bob's idea of "real programming" consists of? And I agree Maggie, there's always a few that stop by out here and feel that they just have to throw out what they consider to be an "invaluable opinion". Just another troll looking to comment for the sake of the argument alone.

September 13, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  53. sbssz

I missed part of the show and havent had time to watch it again. How did Marnie capture Eric and Bill?

September 12, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • cws

It's not really shown exactly how she captured them but it's assumed through the vampire controlling magic she had used previously.

September 12, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  54. cws

I really liked the final episode. There were lots of twists and turns that leave you guessing for the next season. Not to mention that we've seen at least one faerie running around (the one that made Andy's night). I can't even begin to guess what next season will bring but I do know that there are always many red herrings in this series. They will make you believe that, say, Russel is back only to have him killed in the first 5 minutes of the first episode of the next season, for example.

September 12, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  55. JasonP

I don't see how Tara can survive that shotgun blast which blew the back of her head off :(

September 12, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • cws

I was thinking with Bill and Eric so close and Sookie clearly distressed that they would show up in about 2 seconds and give her blood. Maybe she'll finally get the chip off her shoulder about some vampires.

September 12, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • BWoz

@JasonP: I learned from my soldier husband and son that you can survive a head and/or neck wound more often (depending on location, caliber, etc.) than a wound to the thigh/femoral artery. Gross, but true. (Plus we all know head wounds bleed a lot....)

September 14, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Anita

Great recap, as usual. This was one of my favorite seasons; awesome finale. Can't wait until Season five.

September 12, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  57. JYT252

I did like the finale can't wait for next season. I would like for this break up between Sookie and Bill and Eric to open up an opportunity to bring in Quinn the Were Tiger. At least for a little while. Also, I know that Steve knowland is a Vampire now, but how did he get in Jason's door without an invitation???? They better not turn Jason into a Vampire that would disappoint me. I'm looking forward to next season...hurry hurry hurry

September 12, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roxy

I wouldn't be surprised if Steve Knowland was just wearing vampire teeth for Halloween as a joke. Did he actually come through the doorway? I thought he was still standing outside grinning with the vamp teeth.

September 12, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pamd

Roxy, No, Steve didn't come through the door. As far as I could see, the fangs just appeared as they do with all the other vampires on the show. I hope he's not on for too long next season, I didn't care for his character.

September 13, 2011 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  58. Tbird

This was a finale that left shockwaves. Jesus, we hardly knew ye. Sad that he had to go. I am surprised by the lack of empathy for Tara. I loved her because she was a hard, struggling underdog who got tossed on her ass more than not. Eggs was killed, her mom was a drunk for years, Franklin kidanpped & abused her. But she kept fighting back and doing what was right, including running in the path of a bullet intended for her best friend. And it irks me this season how stupid Sookie has been, her saving grace was finally leaving Bill & Eric behind. I really hope that Tara is saved, and finally emerges from the darkness in season 5.

September 12, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • cws

Tara was likable at times but spent so much time complaining about everything that it got annoying. I was kind of glad when she moved away.

September 12, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Roxy

Could the werewolf about to attack Sam have been Luna's daughter? She said she either wanted to be a were or a shifter for Halloween...

September 12, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • cws

If it was Luna's daughter I would have expected it to have been a pup and not growling (was it growling?) at Sam. I can't remember what color all of the werewolves are. Debbie was white right? What color is Alcide? It could be something just to mislead us. Maybe it's just some other wolf who shows up to ask where Alcide is. Heh.

September 12, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • BWoz

I think the wolf growling at Sam was Marcus' ghost, summoned like all the others from Holly/Sookie/Tara's spell.

September 14, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  60. C

I loved the Jessica stuff but I also loved the fact that they started killing some people of because there are way to many characters with way to many stories to follow.

September 12, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  61. MoreNakedJessicaPlease

1. More naked Jessica please
    3. With Russel back who would even be able to defeat him?
    4. THANK YOU, no more stupid whining about Brujo from Jesus.
    5. Jason should have punched the Rev in the face for being an annoying whiny twit.
    6. I wanted to barf when Andy started getting it on with a fairy.
    7. New rule: For every time you show Erik Skaarsgard's ass, you have to show Jessica's ass/boobs twice.

September 12, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • NoMoreNakedJessicaPlease

Yuck I can't stand Jessica. She looked huge next to Jason last night, I'm already over those two together. This show is more popular with women so keep bringing more Eric/Alcide/Jason/Bill/LaFayette bum shots.

September 12, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Belladonna

@MoreNakedJessicaPlease "2. No more Eric > Sookie > Bill love triangle. Guys don't care. If a Guy was in this situation we'd just bang both broads." Hilarious! Thx for making me laugh today!

September 12, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  62. danial54

The end was awsome...this is the best show. It should be on every week all year round...like a soap. The season just never to seems to be long enough.
    Love it, keep it comin!

September 12, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • cws

I would settle for them releasing the blu rays now rather than waiting and releasing them just before the new season starts. I work with people who don't have HBO so I have to sit here and not reveal anything.

September 12, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Rod

I like Tara. I just hope they save her without turning her into a Vamp. She adds so much to the show.

September 12, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  64. ms codpiece

I watched it this morning....i thought this was the BEST season finale so far....no stabbing cows....or crazy faerie drift aways.....also loved that debbie finally lost her head..literally...I have read all the books so have no problems with the changes....was really sad for lafayette losing his lover....was thrilled to see GRAN!!! that made me cry.....I felt sookies pain in having to lose her again...but at least she got to say goodbye this time....renee appearance was odd....dying to find out what happens with Terry....loved the Russell coming back from the cement coffin!!! cant wait to see where this goes....poor pam...though she has had some of the best Sookie insults!

September 12, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  65. ~T

I thought the beginning of the show was so ho hum I was really disappointed, then boom boom boom action, FINALLY! So what do I think may happen? Since vampire league lady said that Bill and Eric have a price on their heads, so there will be some action from the vampire league and the authority, who will be the head of it? My guess is Russell will appoint himself the authority so Bill and Eric will have to rid the world of Russell, again. I love it that Russell is back.....what will happen to Tara? Russell will again show himself and the most opportune time and Sookie will ask Russell to save Tara, but in exchange for what? Her own blood? So Russell can live in the day and night? Yes I think that will happen.

Pam could have been the one to release Russell but I think it was vampire league lady who did it. I think that Alcede will be pack leader and try and save Sookie from Russell, and I think Sookie will go pair with the furry and not the undead even tho Bill and Eric will court her to be with one of them.

Unfortunately I think next season might be Pam's last, I hope not, but I think she's stepped into it finally – I'm not sure about Lafayette tho with the appearance of Arlenes psycho ex who will probably inhabit Lafayette next – Terry will be something not sure what but his Marine buddy is definitely supernatural something cause my guess is that cause he was probably dead and brought back to life by Terry – zombie? A new kind of zombie? Something like that....

We'll have a new bad guy/gal – along with Russell – not sure who, maybe a new werewolf to try and take over Bon Tomp – but at least the witch storyline is over! It was just as bad as Maryannes storyline – tho Aunt Petunia did well with her powers, too bad her character was limited.

September 12, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  66. @ Aaron

Afraid you're out of luck there.Lafayette's still alive,and kickin' You really think they're going to turn him straight just cause you can't deal with two guys together??

September 12, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Catfish

@Aaron. Some people are gay. Get over it.

September 12, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  68. smakpro

what was with the first few episodes of the fairy/witches scenes?? they made NO sense at all – and the bit with Sheriff Andy getting it on with the fairy in the woods..was that a fairy or an ugly witch from the first two episodes of the season...that was weird and they never circled back to it....other than that – LOVE THE SHOW – cancelling my HBO now until next season.

September 12, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stoner Kola

Yes! It was a complete waste of time!! I still don't get how Eric was able to devour Claudine? If she has the same kind of "microwave" powers as Sookie, she should've been able to zap him away. And of all people to get down with...Andy???

September 12, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Aaron

Thank God Marnie is gone. That character was annoying. Also, I am kind of glad the gay nurse dude died too. I no longer have to get grossed out watching dudes kiss.

September 12, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Sweetenedtea

While the cliff-hangers were good, my friend suggested the perfect way to end the season - Eric and Bill, both rejected by Sookie, console each other. The music swells, they look into each others' eyes and lean in close for a kiss. Just before their lips touch, cut to black....

The voices of a hundred thousands screaming fangirls suddenly rise in rage and frustration at the fact that they'll have to wait 9 months to see what happens.

September 12, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  71. RickR

Loved it! My wife and daughter (mostly my daughter) grumble about differences from the books, but as I've only skimmed them, I'm totally pleased with the way this season panned out, and the twists and turns (and surprises!) that pop up. One thing I expect (as do others) is that Tara will be turned... and that actually could be interesting, because as much hatred of herself as she's had, and a hatred of vampires, if SHE becomes a vamp, then she'll be a really complex character as she sorts all that out! And I'm convinced it'll turn out that Pam dug Russell up (since she's the only one who knew exactly where he was buried besides Eric and Bill) out of anger at Eric's rejection of her. Lots of questions and plenty to pique my interest when it returns next year!

And as for "show not following the books", Dexter did that after the first season, and yet still is a terrific show... barring the occasional inconsistencies and writer's gaffes. I have no problem gleefully enjoying the markedly different- and more enjoyable, frankly- "Book Dexter" as well as "Series Dexter", and it should be easy to keep "Book Sookie" and "Series Sookie" separate and enjoy them equally!

September 12, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Canda143

I must have been watching a different season 4 finale of True Blood than some of you others.. I thought the eppy was horrible. It was boring and probably the most anti-climatic of the series! Too many storylines going on over the season as a whole which made the season finale jump from tying up one storyline to the next and setting stuff up for next season. I really want to LOVE this show. I'm glad Russell will be back. I'm curious to know who freed him... not many people knew where he was buried... maybe Pam??? I'm interested in seeing what the now turned vampire Rev. Newlin will be up to. Maybe he has something to do with Russell's reemergence. Who is the wolf staring down Sam? I don't think it's Marcus. Tara... wish I could say good riddance, but I'm sure she will survive in some form.

September 12, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • TBD

Russell could have summoned his progeny to rescue him, maybe Rev Newland? Seems like something he could have done. As far as zombie plots, I hope not, but maybe Lafayette will use some of his new brujo magic and mess it up on Tara. Agree that the wolf coming after Sam could have been a not-quite-so-dead-yet Marcus. Just a thought, but why not ever have Sam shift into something will balls...Lion, bear, friggin elephant and stomp on something...just saying the collie thing is perfect for him, but a BA animal now and again would be a nice change.

September 12, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  73. chinagirl

I really hope they do not follow the book and sookie marry's Eric. Tara becoming a vamp sounds like something that can be possible since she did have her brains on Sookie's floor. Fingers crossed that Sookie and vampire Bill finds they're back to eachother...that would be great!! Just my opinion..

September 12, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Tiffany

Love the show but didn't watch the finale because I had enough of Marnie. I will watch new season ONLY if Tara is resting in Bon Temps grave. She need to be erased. Bill and Eric's relationship is very lame and the new season has got to separate them. Love my VAMPS!!!! Need Marcus.

September 12, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  75. zombified

haha, sookie doesn't have to work a full shift. she's got plenty to do what with the "ugly" cries (fine by me), the hot naked bod, and carrying the burden of that awful name. can't wait for her to finally get down with alcide.

September 12, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  76. cece

I hope tara stays dead, and I was so happy Debbie got it too! I think it was Pam who freed Russell...she's the only other person who knew where he was besides Bill, Eric and Alcide. And she is mad that Eric rejected her for Sookie. I'm so excited for Russell to be back though! And I'm wondering if they will introduce Quinn (wereTiger from the books) into the show, or just have Sookie get it on with Alcide (wouldn't mind seeing him naked again!)

September 12, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Cote

I was cracking up at Ms. Fortenberry's "pork rind casserole" and when Arlene's daughter said she was Janelle from Teen Mom. haha

Thought it was a good episode. Sad that Jesus died. Glad Debbie is dead now. Called and cancelled my HBO until next season

September 12, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  78. KDC

The thing i'm most excited about is what is Russell going to do now that he's free? He is nearly 3,000 years old which means he is more than capable of ripping Eric to pieces for all the stuff he did. Can't wait to find out, although I don't really want to see Eric die, but i really don't think they would kill off a main character.

September 12, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Colon Powell

They say Dick Cheney has a guest spot as the evil Warlock "Iraqia"

September 12, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  80. cheryl

I thought it was great!!! I'm so glad that the writers have done away with some of the side stories. Hopefully they will get back to just the vampires and the locals like the show was meant to be. It was getting to where one couldn't keep up with everything going on and we didn't see enough of Sookie; Bill and Eric. Great direction.....

September 12, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Pam

My prediction is Pam set Russell Edgington free because she knows he will go after Sookie-also I bet either Eric or Bill will save Tara by changing her into a vampire

September 12, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Josh

I think that zombies, in some sort of way not pertaining to vampires, are going to be in play for season 5. Maybe Tara will come back as a zombie since it seems as though pieces of her brain are now on Sookie's floor, the only way to possibly save her would be to turn her into a vampire probably or a zombie missing some brains. Terry's storyline is going to change and we'll see that he is still crazy, as he said so to his friend in Merlott's. He will probably end up going on some sort of rampage while a new zombie horde will be upon Bon Temps. Russell and the other creepy guy from the church from season 2 are going to be big twists in the plot and I have no idea where that could go now.

September 12, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  83. JT

Why was Rene's ghost still talking with his fake accent. Before he died they showed us his "Southern Speaking for Dummies" book.

September 12, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • ck

Great point!

September 12, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Londa

I was thinking the exact same thing!

September 12, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liss

Personally I loved Rene's accent, it was one of the more true accents to the area of where the show is based. I like the fact that even though he was a fangbanger killer, he still cared enough to warn the love of his life.

September 12, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Eric lover

I don't recall Sookie marrying anyone in the books, other than her unintentionally marrying Eric to keep her safe.

September 12, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  85. daroman

Finale was pretty good. I do hope that Tara is done, Jesus was much more interesting than her and he gone. I do not think that anyone is going to come to Sookie's aid. Terry will have some dark past that he can't remember and it will brought out next year. Hopefully its not too corny and has nothing to do with zombies...

Best part of the show is seeing all the hotties naked.... by far... so the storyline can be a little corny and not the best, but as long as there is a lot of nudity and violence I will still watch!!

September 12, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Stoner Kola

I loved, loved Pam's rant. And yes she did say everything we were thinking!! I adore Sookie, but seriously how can you take someone with that name seriously?

September 12, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Rebecca

Pam seems to have landed in a "Lifetime" movie of the week. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much emoting for my taste and I adore that character. She cried more than Sookie this season – and that's saying something.

And what about the rotting spell? Was it a 24 hour spell? Did she get over it? Is she still getting shots?

The trick is to have a few story lines you do well – not 50 you dabble with.

September 12, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • team eric

@Rebecca: i was wondering the same thing about the pam spell. my guess is that when sookie used her fancy faery fingers to un-spell eric, that it lifted the spell on pam as well. but then her face looked all weird and veiny when she was crying so i'm not sure if that was just more ugly crying or if that's supposed to mean that she's still bespelled.

September 12, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  87. zenith9995

It makes perfect sense to me that Tara would become a vampire for season 5 because it would make great drama for her character. Think about it. Tara hates vampires because of what they did her and to her loved ones. Imagine what would happen to her if she becomes the thing she hates? The only thing I don't like is that it would take away another human character. The show is pretty heavy on the supernatural characters, and I think it needs to be balanced with more humans. I am also excited for more story lines with Terry Bellefluer. Can't wait for season 5!! It is June 2012 yet??

September 12, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  88. Jon

Worst episode of True Blood ever. It was like a mini Twilight movie with almost the entire episode being rushed so they could spend way too long on the 400 relationship scenes. Lame.

September 12, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • KDC

Agreed Jon. The love triangle with Sookie, Bill and Eric got old real quick and they still kept it going. They waste valuable time on that stupid crap instead of action. I really liked last season with Russell and Godric and all of them messing people up. It was especially cool when they would flash back to ancient times like when Eric was made, when Russell stole his father's crown etc. They need more of that. Save the romance for Twilight...

September 12, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Mike

No one has mentioned....Russell is back!!!!

September 12, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  90. Rob

Last night finale was so much fun. The season’s main story lines finished up nicely. Some clever new ones are teased for next season. Russell’s back! (He cracks me up) My favorite guilty pleaser has to be Tara getting offed! She has been my most annoying and hated character on the show. Please let us be done with her! If she is resurrected, or becomes a vampire I swear I am done with the show. Debbie and Fran getting killed where an incredible added bonus! Good riddance to all three of these pains in the ass characters. I do feel bad for poor Lafayette though, losing his boyfriend and cousin on the same day. Marne is gone now right? Oh and baby vampire Jessica in that scene with Jason… wow! She can feed off me anytime (no need to glamor me girl, I want to remember). Fun show, good season.

September 12, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  91. Lila

Great finale. Sad to lose Jesus, but can't wait for more Russell. Since zombie is the vampire according to arlene, tara might be back in a different form. Then there's the vampire minister at Jason's door.

September 12, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • zombified

ooh, i think you hit the girl on the head, tara as zombie makes sense. vampires can't bring back the dead, and if they try to pretend like that wasn't a mortal shot it will be the lamest thing ever.

September 12, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  92. TB is the new Lost

Worst season ever and never watcing again. NOthing surprising abou tthis season AT ALL. I loved Season 1 and Season 2 when it was fresh and unique and the focus was on vamp/human relations. Now it is a 'lost' like farce of make it up as we go along, although I kind of knew from the get go Jesus would be killed by Lafayette. Tara is not dead. Mark my words. Bill or Eric or some schmucky vampire will do what they always do...give a human their blood so they can live. Again, nothing to see here mame, please keep moving. Utterly predictable and boring and uncreative.

Alan Ball = FAIL

September 12, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Jon

Agreed. They started tailoring the show to Twilight fans and lost all the magic of what made it a good show to begin with.

September 12, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Anita

I hated Season 2 and that whole stupid Maenad story-line, I liked this season much better!

September 12, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dudley

A lot of people share your opinion but I fail to see how this season has been any more ridiculous than the others. From the outset, it was a story about vampires, werewolves and misc other mystical creatures, so I can't imagine anyone was watching this show for its realism. Perhaps I'm just not so invested in the show as to see where it's any different now than it was 3 seasons ago but if someone wants realism, there are plenty of Dancing/Kitchen/Weightloss/Dating shows out there, I would suggest they watch those channels instead and save themselves the HBO subscription fees. As for me, I watch TV because it's an escape from reality, so the more unbelieveable, the better.

September 12, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • kinglywarrior

Hey, this person didn't like the show either. Shouldn't they be told to go watch reality TV or insulted for their screen name or called a troll? Maybe they should be told their opionion sucks and they never should have clicked here? Where's the consistency? LOL....gotta love it.

September 12, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • In Oregon

I agree. I will no longer watch TB. Season 4 was their chance to redeem themselves after the lousy Season 3 we endured. Why they (Alan Ball) chose not to let Eric and Sookie play out their story as it what every Eric fan's dream was really a let down and this just isn't what I signed up for when I started watching. No more. I'm deleting every recorded episode of Season 4 and as far as I'm concerned, TB is dead.

September 12, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  93. chinagirl

I think season 4 was one of the best seasons. I think its great that he doesn't go completely by the book, if he did it wouldn't be to interesting to those who have read the book! Leaving me wondering. I definitely hope Tara isn't killed of the show, her and Lafayette definitely make some of the show interesting. I do wish and hope to see Sookie and Vampire Bill back together soon.. :)

September 12, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  94. kat

?married a werewolf in the books? i must of missed that and i am on the final one # 11 and she hasnt married anyone but eric

September 12, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  95. CK

I thought it was a great finale. I thought for sure something would happen to Tara. As I was watching there were some moments that surprised me...a few gasps were made. I enjoy the show for what it is...pure entertainment. I just sit back and relax and enjoy... I don't over analyze the writing, the script, compare to books like some do. I just enjoy it...pure summer fun!

September 12, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • brubear

I totally agree with you. Why do so many people take this show so seriously. It's just pure fun to watch. Escapism at it's finest. To me, the more "ridiculous" it gets, the funner it is to watch. Can't wait for next summer. Ha! Russel's back!

September 12, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Darce

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's just entertaining. I enjoyed all of the storylines. I was sad that Jesus was killed off. I liked the chemistry between him and Lafayette. Speaking of Lafayette, I'm glad the show doesn't follow the books because Lafayette was to be killed early on. He's an awesome character.

September 12, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angie

Well said! Everyone that watches this show should feel the same! I have read all of the books & I am so very happy the show doesn't follow them because I wouldn't have anything to look forward to! How boring would that be, I would know everything that is going to happen! I loved the Finale! Can't wait for next season!

September 12, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Jason

Rob....you never, ever want a tv show to try and follow a book series exactly. It doesn't translate well, which is why these shows tend to diverge a bit from the books.

September 12, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • MB

I disagree. The first season of Game of Thrones closely followed the first book and it was pretty amazing. It left things out, sure, but at least it didn't completely deviate from the original book.

September 12, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Jason

Terry had a gay relationship with that guy. Betcha.

September 12, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • RosieRocket

That would be EPIC!! wouldn't be surprised

September 12, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • kp

I thought this as soon as he appeared onscreen!

September 12, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pamd

Yup Jason, I think you are right. There was definite chemistry there between the two of them.

September 12, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • kiki

Nah, I don't think the big skeleton in Terry's closet is that he is gay...bfd that would be. He and his newly arrived Marines buddy were probably psycho torturers and killers in the warzone.

September 12, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shosheezy

I agree with the gay idea. When Terry intoduced Arlene as the wife, the guy looked and sounded shocked and even made it a point to repeat, "your wife?"

September 12, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  98. chinagirl

When does next season start? Please don't tell me we have to wait untill next summer!?

September 12, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  99. dutspup

finally, tara and debbie are history.

September 12, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • APril

Debbie is history. The actress who plays Tara, Rutina Wesley just signed a contract renewal for Season 5. She is not going anywhere. Eric or Bill will give her blood to bring her back (keep in mind, her head was not blown off. She was in tact with a side of blood on her head). Once again, Alan Ball is toying with us by giving us cheap cliff hangers that are ill concieved and lazy as all hell. What a miserable failure this predicatable idiotic show has become. PS – Anna Paquin IS NOT AN ATTRACTIVE WOMAN!!!!

September 12, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  100. YBP

Bring back Tommy. I'd love to see him and Sam get it on.

September 12, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  101. Ken

Am I the only one here that was overjoyed that Tara was finally killed off?

September 12, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Dudley

Ken- That was my favorite part of the whole show!!!

September 12, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • RosieRocket

oh no, i totally agree, she's been annoying since she began..good riddance! for now anyway lol

September 12, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • what???

No! I loved the Tara from season 1 but in season 2 the writers changed her character into something completely different. And last year was even worse. I was hoping the "old Tara" would return.

September 12, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Sean

I'm right there with you Ken

September 12, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • TARA IS NOT DEAD

People, seriously? Did it not strike any of you that Tara's head was still in tact? Did it not strike any of you that she was shot during the night (hence, season premiere of 5 – eric or bill will rescue Tara by giving her their blood as a pay back to Sookie for saving them if it had been daytime they would not be able to save her).

Laziest cliff hanger ever and whats more sad is so many people don't see these obvious plot tricks which are just plain laziness on the part of these horrible writers. TB is a boring show of false starts...this Tara thing being one of them.

September 12, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Dandman

No you are not alone my friend. Finally! I just hope she stays dead.

September 12, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Two Ber Que Low Sis

TARA THORNTON: LOVE the actress. HATE the character.

September 12, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • *fingers crossed*

please, oh please, stay dead tara! i was totally prepared for and expecting the debbie thing, but was pleasantly surprised when tara got taken out. if i have to hear one more thing about eggs...

September 12, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ken

@Dudley. No, that wasn't my favorite part of the show but she became one of my least favorite parts and I'm glad they finally cleaned house. I hope she stays gone....good riddance!

September 12, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stoner Kola

I'm with What??? They change Tara's character every season. Season 1 she was the smart chick who got Jason out of jail. 2nd season she had an evil demon in her. 3rd season she was petrified the whole time. Franklin had that effect. 4th she's a lesbian. Hate see her go, but maybe she's better off dead, since the writers have no clue what to do with her.

September 12, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ken

Sorry Dudley, I misread your comment.

September 12, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

I think I would have rather seen Sheriff Andy Bellflour (I know I spelled that wrong) killed. He's such a retard

September 12, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marie

THAT was the perfect ending! I can't stand her character; she really doesn't contribute anything to the show. On the other hand, I love Pam and hope next season explores her relationship with Eric in more detail.

September 12, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Dudley

I give the whole season a C rating... This season didn't have the suspense the last 3 season's did because they gave EVERY character a side story and you got about 5 minutes of each story per episode... I was happy with the ending though and I'm hoping season 5 will redeem itself because I can't do another season like this one!

September 12, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Lean6

Sookie was so annoying this season that I would mute the TV or switch channels during a few of her scenes. Was she really such a kum bucket even in the books?!

September 12, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lean6

Pardon my French...I meant "kum dumpster".

September 12, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  103. carl

how can Alcide be the pack leader if the wolf that snuck up on Sam and Luna could potentially be Marcus? This is one of my favorite shows, and the last few seasons have been so utterly ridiculous as far has the black humor and the situations presented, which is why I love it, but there was so much going on this season, so many new thuings introduced that my head is still spinning. I cant believe all the deaths last night! by the way read the books and Sookie marries a werewolf in the books, so looks like Alicide may get his wish! he is so hot!

September 12, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Carrie

lol what are you talking about, she marries a were?? troll somewhere else

September 12, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • GMAMA

A were? I surely don't remember that happening in the books. I read each twice too! I do know that she is in a vamp marriage with Eric but not a were...

September 12, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • snoopmish

uh? What books are you reading? Eric & Sookie got married in the books.

September 12, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • ????????????? a were

She does not marry a were. At the end of the last book she was kinda with Eric.

September 12, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Soooooookie (bills voice)

what books did you read?!?! Sookie didn't get married (not legimately at least) to anyone in the books!

September 12, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • JAYnLA

I had high hopes for Alcide but, unfortunately, when he's not half naked he's not half interesting.

September 12, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Frankly Speaking..

Oh my god..That just changed my life forever

September 12, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  105. Rob

I, personally think it sad that this show has trayed so far from the books. Harris has pretty much retired from writing anyway, so who cares, right. The only reason to watch it now is to see who bites Sookie next and to see her naked. Other than that I've, totally lots interest in the show. Very sad.

September 12, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • LIah

Miss Harris herself loves the fact that he didn't go by the books. it keeps everyone who has read it on their toes...including the author. she has been quoted a few times supporting what he's done.

and by gosh, I'm glad he did stray because this is intensely good!

September 12, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • RosieRocket

Totally agree! This was my favorite book in the series and it's severely skewed....but whatevs, at least those of us who have read the books are in the same boat with those who haven't, we never know what's happening next....

jus' sayin'

September 12, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Me!!!!

I don't have a problem with the fact they didnt go by the books...but I have a problem with "HOW" the didnt go by the books. The extra characters I understand...but for example killing Claudine? Really? sucha prominant character, and Sookies whole reason for being? The fact that Sookie can now send "beams of vampire/witch repellent from her palms? Is like wth? I think in the show they attempted to make it more realistic than the books, but in the end they failed because the books are now more realistic than the show. technically.

September 12, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sweetenedtea

I found the books poorly written (at least the first couple, since I really couldn't bring myself to keep reading the series past them when I wasn't enjoying it at all), so I can't be really sad at deviations. I'm assured that my least-favorite storyline - the faerie nonsense - appears in both, so it's a wash as far as I'm concerned.

September 12, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amber

I have to agree, I used to love the show and I still follow the books. But its just gotten so far from the plot and ridiculous that I'm not sure I care to watch when they stray so far out of bounds. Can we say jumping the shark? Lafeyettes a medium now? Will someone be jumping into his body every episode now? I am glad that Tara is gone though...

September 12, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jonny

Retired from writing? Her latest Sookie Stackhouse novel just came out in May and she's stated on her own website that she isn't done with Sookie.

September 13, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  106. GMAMA

Mrs. Roper Resort Collection - Okay this is the funniest line EVER!

My thoughts...Da Boys will be by to save Tara. Yes, Mr. Ball I said WILL!

Some other wolf is hunting Sam for Marcus' death.

Whoot, Whoot to Miss Pelt's demise! But I do have to go back and research what can kill weres and vamps.

I MUST say that I will stop watching if Zombies come into play. I draw the line at Zombies!

September 12, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • WTHJustHappened

I doubt zombies will appear. He's somewhat following the books, but not by much.

September 12, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • ckelley116

I don't know...from the first episode, there have been quite a few allusions to zombies. I don't remember exactly what they were (except last night, of course) but I do remember them because I am unnaturally terrified of them and really, really hope they don't bring them into the show!

September 12, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • CasualObserver

@ GMAMA – Come on.... You've come this far... Lets ride it out! I loved the show and the finale.. TrueBlood Baby!

September 12, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • GMAMA

I know, I know...who am I kidding. I'm hooked but I Zombies scare the stuffing out of me! They do! But I'll be watching!

September 12, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mommie Zombie

As a Zombie-American I find your last statement very offensive. Please refrain from judgments about the undead.

September 12, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Arrgh

I thought Bill's comment "We are not F__g puppy dogs! – after killing Nan was the best!

September 12, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jester

Either the boys will be by to save Tara or I'm thinking LaFayette still has Jesus' "darkness" inside him. Marnie was pulled out but the magic of Jesus was not. So, LaFayette comes down and saves Tara, keeping Tara human and whole.

September 12, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leafonthewind

Zombies would actually get me to watch the show more often. Double tap!

September 12, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rebecca

I'm hoping the new wolf is Sandra Pelt. If we are lucky, maybe she too will be wearing something from the Mrs. Roper Resort collection. :)

As an aside – regardless of who let/or how Russell got out, why did he glamour the security guard and not feed on him?

September 12, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • ZombieMan

They already did zombies. That was season 2 with Mariann. They weren't "come-back-to-life" zombies, they were "have-no-self-will" zombies.

September 12, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Darce

I am thinking that when Luna drove off, her daughter had actually climbed out of the car and the wolf is the little girl. I don't know how people can think Debbie let Russell out since I only recall Eric and Bill there burrying him. For those haters who comment on the show being ridiculous – If I wanted reality, I would watch the news. Just my thoughts.

September 12, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • ALFD

next season needs to include one word....BUBBA...

September 12, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • itsmarcus

I'm pretty sure the wolf at the end was Marcus... remember, Debbie was a junky again. I'm sure she had some vamp blood somewhere close at hand to give to Marcus.

September 12, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • kit

wait... they're gonna bring Tara back with magic but she will be a zombie ...

September 13, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  107. kinglywarrior

This show is unadulterated trash. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt after the second season debacle, but it has only gotten further into the garbage. The acting, the writing, the ACTING AND THE WRITING....garbage.

September 12, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • WTHJustHappened

Then you're on this article... Why? Its just a show, you're probably just a troll. Just go hate on something else, at least these vampires don't sparkle and attend high school.

September 12, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Anita

If you're so adamant about the show why are you watching and above all commenting on it? DUH!

September 12, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • kinglywarrior

Because like you, I felt like it. If you don't like opinions that differ from yours, don't read them.

September 12, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • ck

then don't watch it

September 12, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • MissB

So...why are you commenting?

September 12, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Sean

Hard to take anyone serious with the name: kinglywarrior.

September 12, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Newo

go watch reality tv then.

September 12, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • islandgirl

I so agree!! The acting and the writing are total crap. I tried to watch this season and never made it through a full episode.

September 12, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Logic?

@kinglywarrior If someone doesn't like an opinion that disagrees with theirs, then they shouldn't read it? You sound like an imbecile. How can one determine whether or not an opinion is in accordance with their own unless they first read it? Congratulations on demonstrating the kind of failed logic expected of an internet troll.

September 12, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norm

And your opinion is special because...............
      Go watch Dancing with the Stars..
      Sounds more like your kind of show.

September 12, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • kinglywarrior

You guys are hilarious. First I'm the bad guy for not loving the show and stating my feelings on it. Then, my screen name means my comments are irrelevant (by the way, the screen name is derived from what my name actually means). THEN, I'm the troll for responding to comments on my own remarks, and because I pointed out that not only am I allowed to voice my opinion but that it's totally ok to ignore it if you disagree. WOO, it's so easy to ignore comments, for example I've done it with every other comment on this board except those in response to me. Enjoy the show folks.

September 12, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

You all act like sometimes you don't find something so displeasing and wack that you can't not click on the article and comment about it. Everyone does it and it's ok to do it. Let's be real.

September 12, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • ryan

I agree. This show has become such an audience bottom scooper. I do love B-level horror but I am so disappointed in Alan Ball for not doing what he does best which is crafting dynamic and flawed characters in emotionally sophisticated scenarios. This show is a fun, cheap sugar rush and only amazes me with the leaping levels ridiculosity.

September 12, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • JAYnLA

You're right Kingley. It really is a terrible, terrible show. That it's lasted this long doesn't indicate good things about the standards of the viewing audience at all.

September 12, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • BellevueMan

I'm with you kinglywarrior – I loved the first season but it's gotten pretty ridiculous. And the last time I checked, we're still in the U.S. of A. – comment to your heart's content!

September 12, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • jtp

The only reason I watch this show is BECAUSE it is unadulterated trash. But I think they need to show A LOT more of Sookie and Baby vamps beautiful racks...IMHO. =)

September 12, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thomas

Go back to playing Dungeons & Dragons in your parents' basement.

Kinglywarrior...pffft!

September 12, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Jamie

I throughly enjoyed the season finale. i do agree with Gk i wish they would have confirmed whether or not Alcide had become the pack leader or not. I am starting to wonder if Sookie should just leave the blood on the floor at this point. With as many people that has died on that kitchen floor she may as well.

September 12, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

I thought the finale was better than the who season. I always knew Russell will be back but I didn't even think about someone releasing him. I thought that he broke loose.

September 12, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blah

He was released by Debbie we will find out ...

September 12, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nurse Fang

How about just leaving some straws laying around so Bill and Eric and just suck it up.

September 12, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • LMS

If Debbie let Russell out who is the vampire that glamoured the worker? Remember that Alcide looked right into the guys eyes when he said he couldn't remember...

September 12, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  109. WTHJustHappened

I was on pins and needles this whole season. I'm somewhat yelling at my TV "JASON TURN INTO A PANTHER ALREADY!" That was wrong they left that out. >=[

September 12, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Duh

It was explained. You cant be MADE into a panther... you have to be BORN a panther. The panthers were just to simple minded to understand that, plus that story line sucked so they took it out.

September 12, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Me!!!

I was LIVID that they left that out. LIVID.

September 12, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • me

I thought Jason was already informed that he wouldn't become a panther? Remember the episode where he tied himself or handcuffed or something to the bed and Sookie walked in and he explained to her that it was a full moon and he was waiting to turn but never did.

September 12, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anita

They didn't leave out turning Jason into a Panther. You missed where it was explained that you cannot be turned "were-anything", you have to be born it. It's just that those living in Hot Shot...were too inbred to have the sense to know that.

September 12, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • spc

Jason *does* turn into a panther in the books.

September 12, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • tarabgone

Jason turns into a man-panther in the books...he can't turn into a full panther...but he can turn into this man-panther thing..only at the full-moon...which comes up in some of the later books...they should have kept that in.

September 12, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • NoToPanthers

Thank god – that whole stupid panther line sucked

And by thank god, I mean myself. Cause there is no god.

September 12, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • maggiemae

I kept yelling for ELVIS! He was the funniest person in the books.

September 12, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • chuck

In the Sookie Stachouse series of books, Jason is turned into a vampire.

September 12, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ray Rardin

Couple of unanswered questions:

1. Even though Jason couldn't turn into a panther, why didn't Crystal come looking for him?
      2. If a shifter and a werewolf can have children, can a werepanther and a normal human have children? If they can: (a) is it 50/50 that the children will become a werepanther (b) how many children will Jason have to look forward to next season?

September 12, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • true what?

@chuck: in the books Jason does not get turned into a vampire.

September 12, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Greg

The real question... Is Tara going to be turned into a Vampire????

September 12, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |

I certainly hope not. Tara wasn't an interesting character at all. I hope that losing the back of her head makes drinking vampire blood impossible.

September 12, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Sean

@No

Agreed.

September 12, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Toni

I was thinking the same thing. Since she hates Vampires, I believe the only way to "save" her is to turn her. I think she would be a fun vamp. Maybe she'll quit whining so much and have a better storyline.

September 12, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thomas

Whether or not Tara is turned is irrelevant. She deserved to be shot for being on this show for four seasons and NEVER ONCE showing us her goodies.

September 12, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • guest139

Tara will be back as a vamp! She will enjoy Snooki Snacks while Bill and Eric look on. . .

September 13, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Honest guy

Tara, see what happens when you won't show skin on the show? You catch a bullet!

September 14, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Andrew

In some scene in Fangtasia, in the background, I want to see a cheezy beaming picture of Ginger with a caption, "Employee of the Month."

September 12, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  112. mikee

The season finale was great! Can't wait til next season.

September 12, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Lean6

I really hope they do away with all the puke inducing romance and s3x crap. It's otherwise a good show. Just like the Sopranos and the Bada Bing shot every now and then, or Tony Soprano smashing some new secretary. Ok, ok, ok...we get it!!! HBO does some of this stuff just because they can, even when it adds no value.

September 12, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bulloch

Am I the only one who questions why Ghost-Rene still has an awful cajun accent? Considering it was fake to begin with, why does Ghost-Rene feel it necessary to continue the ruse?

September 12, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Autumn

@Bulloch Rene's Cajun accent while bad, was not the fake accent. The fake accent was the southern while he was dating Arlene before he was ousted.

September 13, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  113. Gk

I'm glad they are going to do more with Terry. He is a fun character. But I was expecting some indication that Alcide is now pack leader as he supposedly killed Marcus. I guess we'll see.

September 12, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Ramboni

I just hope they don't turn it into a huge soldiers with PTSD are all psychotic and can flip at any minute. I do like though that they bring the issue to light though.

September 12, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pamd

Wasn't there an episode where Alcide stated that he did not want to be a pack leader anywhere????? I think there were so many story lines this season that there just wasn't enough air time to incorporate scenarios to tie up all the loose ends.

September 12, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  114. pete

What happened to all the idiots that believe in real live witches and warlocks on here?

September 12, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Cole

No idiots here but you, Pete...

September 12, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Johnny Quest

They're running for GOP candidate. :P

September 12, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Scott

They are in the White house!

September 12, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norm

Oh they're here.
      Just look for the morons that bring ploitics into every and any article they can find.

September 12, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pamd

I was never a big fan of the Tara character so I'm not sad to see her character go should the powers that be decide to eliminate her from the show. What I was disappointed in is the whole "build up" story of the Eric and Sookie relationship. So much attention to them both and how much devotion they both had for each other to end it with just nothing; she's done with the both of them. It makes her character seem flighty and unrealistic; definitely not believable. And Eric's reaction when he thought Sookie was choosing him over Bill for a minute was definitely out of character for him. If there's one thing that the Eric character is not; is GIDDY! The writers are making this trio into something that the fans are going to grow tired of very shortly.....

September 12, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blah

There are real life witches and wizards ... it's a religion. Look it up and stop advertising how ignorant you are.

September 12, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • NurseFang

I loved it! Just hating on having to wait until next June.

September 12, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • PKPalmieri

@Pamd "It makes her character seem flighty and unrealistic;" Really? A show about vampires, fairies, shape shifters, werewolves and witches, and you're looking for a realistic character. Good luck with that.

September 12, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

This show is so lame and poorly written. HBO always does such a great job with their writing and this one falls far short of the books. The whole Eric-Sookie-Bill thing that we've all been looking forward to was butchered. Talked with my sister about it this morning and we both agreed that this was our last season as viewers.

September 12, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pamd

@PKPalmieri – Ummm, yes I would look to have certain traits in a character no matter what the show content was about. So, I guess, there-in lies the rub... for some of you out here.

September 14, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |