September 12th, 2011

Ryan Gosling: Fans wish I was Ryan Reynolds

Hard as it may be to believe, Ryan Gosling says fans approaching him are usually after another famous Ryan.

“I do get a lot of disappointed, 'You're not Ryan Reynolds’ [reactions]," the actor tells CNN.

Of course, the star of the ultimate chick flick (“The Notebook”) gets plenty of female attention on the streets, but Gosling swears it’s not meant for him.

“It's funny because then they get close enough and they realize I'm not Ryan Reynolds and then they walk away,” says the former Disney darling. “With their heads down.”

Ryan says disappointed ladies will make comments like, “'I thought you were more muscular,’” and, “'Is this for a role? Have you made yourself unattractive for a role?’ Just the role of my life," he jokes.

When he’s (rightfully) described as a Hollywood hunk by the interviewer, Gosling, 30, insists, “I’m not comfortable with that title.”

And speaking of street incidents, Ryan recently attracted headlines when he bravely broke up a street fight in NYC. True to form, the actor is embarrassed by the attention.

“My friends sent me a link to this thing that says ‘Ryan Gosling really ruined "Street Fighter."' And it was pictures of the game 'Street Fighter,'” Ryan laughed, “And then me intervening and stopping him from fighting so, I'm embarrassed.”

The actor attributes his burst of heroism to feeling limber. “I had just come from the gym so I was all stretched out… you never feel more brave than when you're all warmed up and stretched out.”

Gosling is currently promoting his latest flick, “Drive,” which hits theaters September 16.

1. Louise

Gosling look like a funny bird fallen off a tree. And he is a pretty inexpressive actor and his voice and accent make me cringe. Versatile my foot. If they mistake him for Reynolds they are definitely not HIS fans. Self-deprecation at Reynolds' expense. Shame on him.

September 15, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Tatiana

Looking at him makes me feel like a hormonal teen all over again <3

September 15, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. LisaLisa

I'm ready to jump on that YUMMY body!! He's just so darn good looking. Both Ryans' are very pleasing to look at....but their acting makes them much more than eye candy. Especially Gosling. He's a tremendously versatile actor.

September 13, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mary

Ryan Reynolds? I don't see it. Everyone always talks about how attractive he is but Ryan Gosling will always have my heart. If only I could meet him...

September 13, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mary

Ryan Reynolds? I don't see it. Everyone always takes about how attractive he is but Ryan Gosling will always have my heart. If only I could meet him...

September 13, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  6. esmiles

Ryan G. is all kinds of fine. Did you check him out in Crazy Stupid Love..Whew...Adorable..

Ryan Reyonlds who???

September 13, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. hamwallet

I really don't care which Ryan it is, they are both cute and good actors!! ☺

September 13, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Melanie

Aw, heck no! I know him from the other guy...and I personally think he's gorgeous...not just for his looks, but for the depth that he shows with his acting. We love you, Ryan Gosling!

September 13, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. K-Man

I absolutely love Ryan Gosling. He can do no wrong. He is incredible in every movie he's in. Even Blue Valentine. That was a horrible movie but his character was the redeeming quality. I loved his character's relationship with his daughter in the film. He just has IT. He can play anyone, be any character, evoke any emotion. He's fantastic.

September 13, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Dawn

Great actor loved him in the Notebook and Blue Valentine. I heard reports of him playing the artist Keith Haring biopic movie? Does any know if it's that true? I think he is a good pick for that role.

September 13, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  11. butterfly888

One of the better actors of our generation! I want to see him in more movies. As far as his role as "Noah" in "The Notebook", I can't imagine anyone else in that role. And whoever said it's not just a chick flick is right. If you've ever been in love, married, or have a passion for vintage, you'll love it!

September 13, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  12. Canine Humper

I wanna do him DoggyStyle.

September 13, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  13. Ryan Gosling Fan

I think Ryan Gosling is a million times better looking than Ryan botox Reynolds, and he's a way better actor. I think he's a much better actor than Brad Pitt, Russell Crowe, or anyone else around that age.

September 13, 2011 at 2:36 am | Report abuse |
  14. boulderbubblemomblog

jk... gosling's a more talented actor, though, and has much more charisma/character in his face and expression.
    Reynolds is a little "cookie cutter" for my taste, but seems like a nice guy. I think his ex was a little "be-atch"!!!

September 13, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  15. boulderbubblemomblog

this ryan is wayyyy more awesomer than the other.
    I mean, didn't you see him in the Green Hornet?!
    ha!

September 13, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  16. Faith

Gosling is attractive in his own right but I do often mistake him for Reynolds when I glimpse previews. It's so strange.

September 13, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  17. Terry Hubener

No way, this Ryan can carry a movie, just see the notebook to find out what I mean. He also has a new (movie) one called Crazy Stupid Love, also pretty good.

September 12, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  18. fernace

He's good looking & funny & doesn't look at all like Reynolds! I don't see how people get them confused!? Is it just because of the 1st name?? Very shallow of fans, if that's the case!!

September 12, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jason

I think he might be playing up the self-deprecation just a tad.

September 12, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  20. L

I love his humor

September 12, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Noname

And they are both deliciously Canadians, and we canucks just love them pieces.

September 12, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randa

DELICIOUS!! Well said!! They could be from another planet for all I care. I love them both!

September 13, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Em

Personally, I think that Gosling is a thousand times more attractive than Reynolds, but that's just my taste.

September 12, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Evil Queen

Ha ha..I think he is being a little hard on himself. They walk away with their heads down. Maybe they are just looking for coins.

September 12, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Dude

I think the guy seem cool. I like the movies I've seen him in.

Good luck to Ryans everywhere....

September 12, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Peace

Hey all! If you've never watched the movie, "The Notebook", watch it! Not just a chick flick (all though the girls love it), this is a really good story! Good day all!

September 12, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mrs. Me

I would rather shoot vinegar into my eyes with a syringe than watch The Notebook. And I'm a girlie girl!

September 13, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tattoo'd Princess

This is the kind of love that most of us will never experience in our lifetime but one can dream...watch the movie :)

September 14, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Merja

It is certainly not just chick flick Thought so at first But was blown away by story !

September 18, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |