JT doesn't care if you don't take him seriously
September 12th, 2011

JT doesn't care if you don't take him seriously

He’s been focused on films for a while now, but Justin Timberlake assures fans in a recent interview that he's not leaving the music scene for good...although he admits his pop stylings aren’t exactly deep.

But, as the 30 year-old star explains in an interview with ShortList, he “never cared about being taken seriously as a musician."

"I do pop music,” says Timberlake. “I’m not saving the world." (Thank you, Captain Obvious.)

At least he doesn’t take himself too seriously.

Timberlake adds humbly that he doesn’t think too highly of his talents, either. “I realize that I’m in a really lucky place because, to be honest, I don’t think I’m that good.”

Because of his steady stream of movies, Timberlake's aware that "… people think, ‘Oh, he’s trying to make a statement by having an acting career.’ But it’s not like that for me. I don’t ever want to stop doing music.”

And as for the future, JT reveals, “I just want to make the right choices. You get to a certain age where you don’t feel the need to be validated by your choices in your career. I want to be validated more by choices in my personal life.”

Speaking of his personal life, the superstar has been spotted recently with ex-girlfriend Jessica Biel.

« Previous entry
  1. alecia

Fernace you know its the bucks that matter for all the gold diggers out there! But they didnt ask us. I guess my 6 foot 4 husband will have to do it for me! :)

September 12, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. fernace

Lol alecia, you hit the nail, fo sho! He doesn't even care that much about the projects he chooses, as long as they pay Really well & he don't look like an ass! You gotta have some Yoyo Ma or Earth Wind & Fire talent to make Serious music! Meryl & Robert de Niro (or Duval) in the film world! He's neither, but he is Rich!!

September 12, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Lean6

I saw the preview of some movie that he's in. The plot itself looked like a straight-to-DVD film, and the acting was horrible even in snippet mode!

September 12, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mr. Lucci

D@mn! He right! He ain't dat good. Know what I'm sayin? I know dat's right!

September 12, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. alecia

Good for him to be so comfortable in his own skin! Layman's terms of not taking yourself too seriously: having earned enough money to not have to work another day in your life! :)

September 12, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jamie

He looks like a dead vampire in that picture D:

September 12, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bugs life

He looks like a critter. skinny thing that he is.

September 12, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. All3Allin

Could it be?? A famous person that DOESN'T think the sun rises and sets on them? AMAZING! All the more reason to like JT. He's not a bad actor either.

September 12, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jillmarie

That was nice of him to be humble. I think he's very talented!

September 12, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Superhiro

Thats nice that he knows his music isn't the greatest, unlike some other pop stars.

September 12, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. KajinPL

Well, at least he knows what he wantes to do. Most people don't their head from a hole in the ground.

September 12, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |