Jena Malone latest to join 'Hatfields and McCoys'
September 9th, 2011

Jena Malone latest to join 'Hatfields and McCoys'

The History Channel’s upcoming project “The Hatfields and McCoys” is sounding better all the time. Jena Malone has signed on to the star-studded miniseries about America’s biggest family feud, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Malone (“Bastard Out of Carolina,” “Stepmom,” “Into the Wild”) will play Nancy McCoy, a conniving cousin who exacts revenge on the Hatfields for murdering her father.

Kevin Costner (Anse Hatfield) and Bill Paxton (Randall McCoy) lead the cast as the heads of the clashing clans. Tom Berenger, Powers Boothe and Lindsay Pulsipher have also joined the cast.

Kevin Reynolds (“Red Dawn,” “The Count of Monte Cristo,” “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves”) is on board to direct the dramatic miniseries, which will shoot in Romania.

Though the History Channel’s controversial miniseries “The Kennedys” flopped (and ultimately aired on the ReelzChannel), the network is ready to try again with “The Hatfields and McCoys.”

The project will air next year to coincide with the 150th anniversary of the bloody Hatfield and McCoy battle, which attracted international headlines.

1. fontanero

That is really attention-grabbing, You are an excessively professional blogger. I've joined your feed and stay up for seeking more of your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks

June 4, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. plumbing

Thank you, I have recently been searching for information about this subject for ages and yours is the greatest I've came upon till now. But, what about the conclusion? Are you sure concerning the supply?|What i don't understood is if truth be told how you are not actually much more well-liked than you might be now. You are so intelligent.

June 3, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Hartley Services Cesspit Emptying

Hello there, just was alert to your blog through Google, and located that it's truly informative. I am gonna be careful for brussels. I will be grateful if you proceed this in future. Numerous other people might be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

June 3, 2012 at 3:22 am | Report abuse |
  4. Water Coolers

Hi there very nice site!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds also?I am satisfied to seek out a lot of helpful info here within the submit, we'd like work out extra techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

June 2, 2012 at 3:18 am | Report abuse |
  5. tips for golf swing

Thanks , I've recently been searching for information about this subject for a long time and yours is the best I've found out so far. However, what concerning the conclusion? Are you positive about the source?|What i do not understood is actually how you are not actually a lot more neatly-appreciated than you may be now. You are very intelligent.

May 30, 2012 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. maquinaria industrial madrid

parla di intelligenza. Sono parecchio felice quale mi sono imbattuto nella la suddetta mia ricerca di qualcosa di relativo a questo.

May 30, 2012 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  7. hoteles en la costa del maresme

abbonarsi. C'� qualcuno ricevendo identico problema rss? Chi conosce gentilmente rispondere. Thnkx

May 30, 2012 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. despedidas de soltera en logroño

�ber Jahre geschrieben. Great stuff, just great!

May 30, 2012 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  9. clinica especializada en dolor de cabeza

i pensieri su come ispirazione complessivo, bens? chiaramente ci avvengono domande nel modo che quella il quale porta da dove la cosa pi�

May 29, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. guarderia en madrid

Quale avrei adeguato verificare mediante voi qua. Che non � una caratteristica faccio vittoria solitamente! Mi piace leggere un post che far� la popolo

May 29, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  11. Đổ mực máy in cầu giấy

Thank you for some other informative blog. The place else may I get that type of info written in such a perfect way? I've a undertaking that I'm just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information.

May 29, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  12. socialnetwork business

Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and aid others such as you helped me.

May 29, 2012 at 4:57 am | Report abuse |
  13. obezimet

Somebody essentially lend a hand to make significantly posts I'd state. That is the first time I frequented your web page and up to now? I amazed with the research you made to make this actual post incredible. Great job!

May 28, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. face

Awesome issues here. I am very happy to peer your article. Thanks so much and I'm having a look ahead to touch you. Will you please drop me a mail?

May 28, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. gratis konkurrence

This is very fascinating, You are a very skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and stay up for looking for more of your excellent post. Additionally, I've shared your site in my social networks

May 27, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Reo B Hatfield

i dont think anyone needed my permission but until i wrote the truce and bo and ron mccoy were involved there was no mention of the hatfield and mccoys in several decades. the people of wv would have loved to be a part of this film and the rest of the story is simple. it is american history and it seems odd to film it in another country. i am educated and i surely am not rude. Del Don Perdue and many house members see it my way. I suggest you have never lived in wv and have little knowledge of the feud. No matter what to be rude to anyone is not in good taste anywhere.

May 6, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Reo B Hatfield

Delegate Don Perdue WV and myself are going to protest the filming in Romania. I wrote the truce and nobody asked me anything about this event. They will when we take it before the House Members in June. Reo Hatfield

April 30, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deborah Hatfield

@Reo....I have a couple of questions. 1). Why would you protest the filming in another country? The film has already been made so it's kinda too late to protest that. Were your dollars used to pay for this film? 2). What does your writing of the truce have to do with this film and why would anyone need your input or permission? You seem only to speak of yourself and your preferences. I too am a Hatfield (close) and am appalled and annoyed at who you think you are. You are obviously uneducated about the cost of making films in this country. Many films are made in canada these day....its cheaper. Still not your money involved. I am excited about this film and I am hoping they at last tell the world of the true story of our lives (both families) and our struggles in this brave new country we chose to settle, and not to continue to let the world keep us sterio-typed as a back woods ignorant bunch of hillbillys that killed each other merely for a pig. Nuff said !

May 3, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Sammy

I am a direct relative of the Hatfield family They were Family members of my Grandmother I trully hope that they do a good job and get the story correct and not butcher it...their is more to the story than what is displayed on the internet

October 6, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Reo B. Hatfield

Reo B Hatfield of Waynesboro Virginia wrote the truce ending the Hatfield and McCoy feud in June 2003 on national TV CBS Early Show live. In 2008 we gave President Bush and the Governors of WV and Ky shotguns in honor of the truce signing. It all began with the efforts of Bo McCoy and Ron McCoy along with 3400 family members. This event of the truce signing made national news World Wide and Author Dean King is presently writing a book on the historic signing of the Truce that the Governors and the President thanked Reo Bo and Ron for signing ending the worlds most famous feud. If you want to read more on this google Reo Hatfield Bo McCoy or Ron McCoy or the Hatfield and McCoys.
    Reo Hatfield 540 480 2109 reo@reodistribution.com. We thank God for our family of Hatfield and McCoys Reo

September 12, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  20. Cookiemum

@brooke– lol genius. sigh. CNN blog comments have yet to let me down. My day at work is so much brighter. Trolls = love.

September 12, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  21. Basturd out of Carolina

Here is hoping they will strip down and have a "Scissors Battle." The first one to pass out WINS!!

September 12, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  22. @Brooke

LMAO nice... thanks for the laugh, my boss probly thinks im crazy now.

September 12, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  23. Samantha

How interesting this is being a 6th generation Hatfield..... I wonder how accurate it really will be especially since my great aunt did all the research visited the family.....

September 11, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brooke

I'm a McCoy. I think we should meet and battle. It's in our blood. It's our destiny.....

September 12, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  24. @John

and then you misspell "misspell". Truly you should be ashamed of yourself for being so critical of others. Lucky for you the trolls are taking the day off.

September 11, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  25. minigirl

Yeah i have to agree why romania?...cheaper im guessin but really how disappointing. i grew up in the hills of tennessee's east side near the smokies so im a bit partial to american beautiful nature.im sure there r places to shoot in america...i would like an explanation history channel!!

September 10, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  26. John

And then I mispell movie.

September 10, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  27. John

Super Intelligence criticized by the one who can't spell! The only ones talking in the movoe will be the American actors, not the Romanians. If you are goin to comment on lack of intelligence, you should really possess some intelligence.

September 10, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  28. FIX IN TX

Oops ~ typo ~ I meant "way to go History Channel and yet you wonder why the Kennedy special was such a flop! Super intelligence at work here in the USA!

September 10, 2011 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  29. FIX IN TX

Let me guess ,the Romanian terrian is the closestway of duplicating Applachia USA ,right? God forbid we put Americans to work in this country. Should be hysterical to watch the Romanians duplicate the Applachain accents! Way to go History Channel and yet you wonder you the Kennedy story was a flop! Super intelligence at work in the USA!

September 10, 2011 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  30. itsamemario

@fran she was in sucker punch..i liked her performance in donnie darko..

September 10, 2011 at 5:46 am | Report abuse |
  31. Elvis

I know a bunch of McCoys, but no Hatfields. Who won the feud, man?

September 9, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Fran

I always thought Jena was a very good actress when she was younger but I haven't seen her since playing one of the giggley sisters in Pride & Prejudice. I hope she makes more movies!!

September 9, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  33. alecia

The cast will work but Romania? Really?

September 9, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • shane74

I just returned from romania, and the countryside there looks alot like the eastern US, you can see a great example of this in Cold Mountain!

September 10, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |