'Toddlers and Tiaras': Has the show gone too far?
September 8th, 2011

'Toddlers and Tiaras': Has the show gone too far?

People are outraged by 3-year old Paisley, a pageant contestant on TLC’s “Toddlers and Tiaras.” The tiny contestant appears dressed as Julia Roberts’ hooker character from “Pretty Woman” in a clip from the show.

The actual episode hasn’t even aired yet – just a promo. But the Parents Television Council is calling for the series to be canceled! They are urging its members to contact TLC and demand that the network immediately pulls the show off the air.

“We have a serious problem when a network formerly known as The Learning Channel features a toddler, who probably hasn't even learned to read, dressed as a prostitute showing off her sexy strut”, says Melissa Henson, director of communications and public education for the PTC.

What do you think? It’s our "Showbiz" Flashpoint: Has “Toddlers and Tiaras” gone too far this time? Are the parents to blame for this? Or is this just a case of a bunch of over-sensitive people getting upset over nothing? Post below and then tune in to our big debate tonight on "Showbiz Tonight," exclusively at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN.

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. REAL MARRIED MEN: TOO MANY LIES ... NOT GOOD.

==

June 27, 2013 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. HEALTHY COUPLES VOTED: THEY DOUBT YOUR BEX OFFERS WILL WORK....YOU LIE TOO MUCH...GROSS LOVE HAPPY HUSBANDS.

H0

June 27, 2013 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. I DOUBT YOUR BEX OFFERS WILL WORK...YOUR MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT ALL THE TIME

=

June 27, 2013 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. IN BEX...SHE IS TELLING EVERYONE WHAT I SAID WITH NO DIAL OUT EVER MADE...DO YOU NOT FIND THAT THE FUNNIEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN.

June 27, 2013 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. michelle protheroe

I can not believe some of these mothers what are they thinking. I just started watching this show and I feel so sorry for some of these kids some of the stuff I have seen on this show makes me scream espacially oliva's mom popular kids are not ugly really she must not of been popular in school than. The way sheallows her daughter to act and she says it is cute really you need a reality check. I do not blame the child but you are rasinga brat!!!!!! You need to think before you talk you are a parent you need to act like one.

February 8, 2012 at 5:11 am | Report abuse |
  6. joe

Amzing how this station still plays into child abuse. The show Toddlers & Tiaras shold be removed from TV in general, It's a form of child abuse, By the eyes and any true parent. This is by far the most repulsive thing I have seen on TV or heard of from this station. The parent should be the one sued by the Stations for abusing their child! TLC remove Toddlers & Tiaras, Its a show of nothing but promoting Child Abuse!

January 27, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Pfffff

It will get cancelled- when one of these kids turns up missing or worse after (as what one commenter suggested) the thousands of pedophiles watching decides to kidnap them.

January 27, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. BO

What"s really sad is that this is even a discussion...For those who havent seen the show. It's a huge parents living threw child show, just like the sport fan parents, the higher education parents. what 3 year old who sits and cries and has to be bribed for a build a bear to do her beauty walk really wants to do it? I have 3 kids ages 4boy 2boy and 8months girl. the 4 year old is in sports and not the ones i want him to play in the one he has chosen. this spring he was asked what sport he wanted to play and he said tball. last fall it was soccer. i am however talking him out of basketball bc hes REALLY short for his age and i personally hate basketball. (sorry basketball lovers) i actually enjoy the show bc it just makes me as a parent feel better about myself :-) I feel horrible for the kids who look like they dont like it but some kids do and its the parents who have drilled it in their heads.

January 27, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randall

You JUST said your child will play the sports he/she wanst to play, then you follow by saying, "I'm talking him out of basketball, he's too short and I dont like that sport"......What 5 year old is "too short"? Sorry mom, but I think you dislike basketball because you are deftly afraid your child will soon be listening to hip hop wearing fitted baseball caps. The HORROR!

June 27, 2013 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Ron

There's a very simply remedy that will ensure this show will be canceled: SIMPLY STOP WATCHING THAT CRAP!

January 27, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • BO

I know right? just like the whole "if you can
      t say something nice dont say it at all" " look the other way if you dont like what you see" the morals that i was taught back in the day...

January 27, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. James

What we all need to do is stop watching the show and strongly urge everyone thru whatever means we havei.e.(in our churches,schools,facebook,neighbors etc. to do the same.I know the sick fascination of watching. Its similiar to watching a car wreck! If everyone would actually do this and complain to the child protective services and also write the actual show that produces it and that is T.L.C.we might actually may be able to help these precious children.Futhermore I think rather than just get them off the air which would be good of course,it would be ideal to make sure these babies aren't..left alone with disgruntled parents that may do unimaginable things to get their fix!Any ideas any of you have to help these children I would love to work together!Something needs to be done! these types of people can be dangerous in their pursuit to get theer "fix"please let me know that you have read this and we will find a way to do this lets call it "God save the Little Beauty queens"

January 25, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. james

I think its terrible and so so sad!!! I just took the time to watch a couple of these pathetic a'shows".I am by the way the wife of James "lavonne".One of the shows I watched had a very sad little 4 yr old explaining to the camera that mommy and poppy will" love her" if she does well on the pageant.I guess child abusers and molesters don"t have to hide it anymore! TLC proudly displays them.Makes me wonder about the producers,Are they a bunch of predators themselves?I suppose in this country where our"president" is fighting his guts out to protect careless girls and young women who become pregnant to have the law on their side as they have legal"doctors"perform partial birth abortions for no greater reason than they changed their mind or broke their engagement(whatever)the abortions are performed up to the eighth month of pregnancy!Simply give the infant that is being pulled from his/her mother and given a shot before being completly born so therefore of course being dead by the time they fully emerge,if that don't work they simply lay the child aside and leave to smother or choke they don't really care.point is the baby is dead.,in a country where this is not only alliowed but encouraged,what can"t we expect !If you think I'm exagerrating do your research!

January 25, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • deedee

james you don,t know what you are talking about! blaming our President , lies, half truths you are a woman hater,
      how about the rapists and incest? Bigot, ignorant red neck grow a brain!!!!!!!!

May 2, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Randall

You are speaking of a few isolated incidents. The rash generalizations you just made are the epitome of why America is going in the gutter. The "left" and "right" are far too busy worried about controlling eachothers lives and while the overall economic situation goes to hell. I don't care if the gays get married. NONE of my business. I dont care what religion you practice. I dont care if you want an abortion. I do NOT push my religious beliefs on others, and the fact that bible thumpers think it's ok to try and outlaw medical procedures sickens me. They managed to block stem cell research, the best chance we have at curing a myriad of diseases.

June 27, 2013 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. anonymousgal2000

I know this has nothing to do with anything, but recently a 7-year-old pageant queen named Hope Espinoza suffered a stroke and is currently at an Arkansas Hospital. Her voice slurs whenever she speaks and the left side of her body does not function correctly. If you would just be a good person and pray for her tonight, that would make me and Hope truely feel great on the inside. Thank you.

January 6, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. richard ariaz

this in an outrage this is the learing channel what are people learing by watching this trash

January 5, 2012 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  14. Trista Parry

The parents should be ashamed of themselves letting their 3 yr old daughter strut around like that!!!!!! Its perverted, disgusting and a DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God have mercy on all of youuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 7, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Alice

I believe that some of the things they do to these poor children could be considered child abuse. Emotional Abuse. They yell at them and make them do things up there that they don't want to do! One mom bleaches her children's teeth and the father didn't even know about it. Ironically the how to bleach teeth book was right next to a 'Top 30 Worst things parents do to their kids' book too! I think that they've been going too far before the show was even aired. I'm willing to bet a good 7/8 of these kids honestly only do it because their parents sign them up before they even ask them! No they don't even ask them! Its cruel and sick and these parents should be put in jail for this!

September 28, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  16. housekeeping services security services pest control services in chennai india garden maintenances catering services

I have read this post. This post is a nice one that similar to housekeeping services in chennai , security services in chennai , garden maintenances and catering services in chennai . That I will inform about your post to my friends and all the best for your future post..

September 24, 2011 at 3:23 am | Report abuse |
  17. Angie

This show needs to be cancel and theses pagents need to stop. Just think when the child is older they would be scaried to think they aren't beautiful enought. Its bad that they are dragging girls into those they also dragging boys as well. The parents need to leave them alone and just let them be kids not adults.

September 17, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Marla Biddle

This showis three S's
    .SICK
    .STUPID
    .SAD

September 16, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Marla Biddle

That girl is a miniature Ann Nicole Smith.

September 16, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Marla Biddle

I dont see why beauty matters in life. When your signing up for a college, they dont ask you,"Were you pretty when you were a kid?" You dont know how many perverts are beating you to TLC. I mean literally right now,while your reading this. Making children look like grown women is not cute. It's gross. I saw a woman yelling ather young child because she messed up a tiny step. That made me cry. This should be illegal. Teaching kids that being as fake as you can is just not right. Sick.

September 16, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  21. ann smith

Toddlers & Tiaras is a dreadful show. Most of the parents are low class, uneducated fat cows who all seem to think THEIR child is special. I occasionally watch it for that vicarious thrill so I say no to canceling it. But if you object to it, don't watch it. The show is not as entertaining as it used to be so it will probably die a natural death anyway.

September 14, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  22. Donna

This show is disgusting and those involved should be locked up, especially the mothers. By the way, where the hell are the fathers?

September 13, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  23. Sorchiaz

the 18th month old whose mom accidently bumped her head, then tried to cover the huge goose egg with make up and taking her onstage, instead of just calling it a day and perhaps getting some medical attention, was enough to make me stop watching this show (and that's pretty bad if Makenzie's mouth was not enough to make me stop watching before now) Years ago my own daughters were in many pagents... but seriously, this new breed of pagent parents is on crack.. or pixie sticks... or freebasing both. Pretty Woman indeed.

September 13, 2011 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  24. C

Sadly, I watched this episode. And while the Julia Roberts costume was heinous, it was nothing short of child abuse to watch a child smack her head so hard into a door that it created a goose egg and then hear the mom talk about nothing but how it could be covered with make up. The kid was screaming in pain, and they ignored that she might be hurt and worried about how she would look and made her go on stage. I felt sick to my stomach. The show is awful and should be cancelled (despite my admitting that I watched it), and "glitz" pageants in particular should be banned. They are physically abusive (fake nails, hair, tan, teeth, and eyelashes) and have to be emotionally abusive as well.

September 12, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sorchiaz

Well said, I just wrote basically the same thing then read yours. Who hurts their baby and then worries that the bump will effect their scores? Someone should call social services on that mother. Pagents should be about natural beauty not glitz and if a child needs that much work to look pretty be, maybe that is not the right activity for her.

September 13, 2011 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  25. PCanadian60

Exposing those children in that manner is child abuse. In addition, having a child injected with botox should be considered as a criminal offence. Those mentally challenged mothers ought to be incarcerated for encouraging pedophiles, and the show should be cancelled. Furthermore, it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of viewers were pedophiles and amongst them would be the people who produce the show ...........I am so disgusted by it all.............Enough is enough!

September 12, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Andrew

This show is the result of the modern American moral decay. Parents and viewers of this program should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. This type of parental influence will severely and negatively impact these poor girls who are just learning how to be people and women. This the latest example of why Americans should demand cultural reform or ignore the contemporary media.

September 12, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Kristi

I can't believe this! I have been in beauty pagents but not dressed like that. you don't have to dress like that to win, because i won whenever i dressed my age. of course i dont go anymore since i am 14 and i don't want to. but really? Just dress the girls like little sweet girls. i have a 5- year old sister who went to the same exact pageant 2 years ago, and she didnt dress like that! but guess wat? she won! she won! she also got sewwtest smile and pretty hair. this is my favorite show....now i feel i might have to change that. PARENTS SHOULD THINK ABOUT THEIR CHILD!!!! :( i feel bad about the kids who has to go through all this....

September 12, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Hector

I fap to this.

September 11, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  29. hope

maybe the kids should be removed from the parents care.

September 11, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  30. pcm131

I find it funny that these crazy moms will spend hundreds to thousands on their child to participate in these ridiculous pageants.. but yet not spend a penny on themselves!! have you seen some of these pageant moms?? they need all the help they can get.. All i ahve to say is: To the pageant moms- stop living through your toddler daughters, get off your lazy butts, hire your self a personal trainer, put yourself on a diet..then maybe you'll start feeling better about yourself and stop living through your kids!

September 11, 2011 at 5:10 am | Report abuse |
  31. Nichole

ya know ive never really cared for this show..at all. i just find the parents and the coaches self absorbed crusties that never did anything with their youth except waste it and are now forcing it on their own children, its not cute, its not funny, its depressing. im actually disgusted that TLC and the producer's let this train wreck go on for so long. Anyways, yes for me this is the last straw as far as this ridiculous monstrosity of a show goes.

September 11, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  32. Murky

ITried watching that show a couple times, just to see what it was all about, and felt so bad for the kids that I was in tears. And the thing that struck me was when they showed the kids at home in normal kid clothes with normal kid hair and no makeup, oh, they were so much more beautiful than they were on the stage. Why can't these parents see this – and by the way, don't blame the mothers alone! The fathers are allowing it to happen, letting the money be spent on this crap, so they are just as guilty!

September 10, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  33. Smakdaddy

This show is weird...I mean weirdo in a sick kinda way... didn't America learn anything from the Ramsey case. I bet you do a Nelison Rating in pedophile homes and it would pull 100% of the ratings. But to close it is just weird TV and the Mom's who push these kids into this stuff are even weirder........Hello!

September 10, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  34. KC

Put the mothers in jail when they do this to their children. That will stop this !

September 10, 2011 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  35. msg

The mothers are to blame.The show should have nevered aired. Put your money and time to better use.

September 10, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  36. TI

this show is for pedophiles

September 10, 2011 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  37. DL

It's not the SHOW people. It's the phenomenon of kiddie Pageants themselves. Don't shoot the messenger for showing what the bible belt is really about. I remember when the show started reading an article about how closely the pageant operators have to watch for single males watching and videotaping the girls and having to verify that all men are fathers of contestants. TLC should be commended for showing what dark ugly things selfish women do to their children. Now if these pageants are offensive, its time to STOP them by public outcry and disapprobation, not take them off the air and allow them to fester on in obscurity.

September 10, 2011 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
  38. bud7dy

i watched one episode of this disgusting trash, and was appalled to see an 11-year-old contestant described as having "beautiful green eyes", when her real eye color was brown, but her tyrannical mother forced her (against the child's protestations) to put in green contact lenses. The girl also wore a slipper (fake teeth) to improve her smile. i wonder what lessons she learned about true beauty when she won a crown by going along with this fraudulent nonsense! Take this show off the air, and stop glorifying this stupid, shallow treatment of kids!!!!!!!

September 9, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  39. mschamp

outrageous!! ...this makes me sick to my stomach.

September 9, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Kim, mother, teacher of elementary education

I strongly disagree with this mother. She is exploiting her own daughter What is wrong with this picture? Do parents just not care about explaining this to their young daughters especially later in life. What about school? This will follow the child for the rest of her life.

September 9, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  41. dahle

i belive the show should be stoped !!!
    and this is realy sick!!!!!!!
    call childe service or 911 please!!!

September 9, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  42. su3385

Now! Now! Doesn't everyone realize the this is "FREEDOM OF SPEECH"!!!! Common sense and decency have nothing to do with it. By next year they’ll have them simulating intercourse or fondling themselves. Just because FCC Commissioner Julius Genachowski will allow it.

What we need is a law that prohibits the exploitation of minors by anyone, including parents, TV stations, advertisers, and the government.

September 9, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Ginger

What a disgusting show. Let children be children!

September 9, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  44. G

In one word: sick.

September 9, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Lamental Jester

This show should have been taken off the air a long time ago, waaaay before this pretty woman thing

September 9, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  46. MJ

Shame on you, TLC. Shame on you.

September 9, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  47. LC

The actions of the mothers and how they manipulate their children is deplorable. TLC is called the The Learning Channel, right? It should be renamed the The Lurid Channel. This is horrible programming and the show should be canceled.

September 9, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  48. graciegal

The pageants will go on exactly like this REGARDLESS of the show being there or not. TLC didnt make these pageants up to film them, they already existed.

September 9, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Greg

I've always felt that this show is wrong. Not only because of the sing, dance and strip routines, but because of the terrible relationships between the kids and their parents and care-givers. Everything about this show is negative and makes me sick to my stomach.

September 9, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Tony1

wow, i have a question. where are the fathers of these girls at? the reason i ask is because as a father myself, ill be damned if my daughtrer ever dressed or acted like that, and if thats how my childs mother acted i would not stand for it! we would not be together nor would my child be around someone who is determained to try and creat some fantasy of hers by puting my daughter in this type of environment. showes like Jersey shore are bad enough, now we are getting as low as to have these young girls do this all because they just want to make mommy happy? Im just so confused as to how this is possible.....someone please explain!

September 9, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Deedeek

Yes! Please get rid of that horrible show. It's really disturbing.

September 9, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Ruth

The only people making money are the people who organize the pageant. They are the one exploiting the moms and the children. The show is a disgrace and these parents should really be investigated for child abuse. Children are not supposed to look like little adults. Children are beautiful without any make up, tans, their natural beauty should be enough and if the prizes were scholarships for the children to use in the future, this show would make more sense.

September 9, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Wal Mart Rules

Where is the love? These kids and their parents are making lots of money for TLC. This is their job. They are stimulating the economy. They are not on welfare. They are not illegals. They are educating the world via the media on what America is about. Gosh darn it they rock and are wonderful people who are blessed to be on t.v. Cut them some slack. These hard working people probably can't find a good job right now due to President Obama and the illegals holding them back. Please let them be on T.V.

September 9, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  54. lizza

I am sure pedophiles are happy to watch that video.

September 9, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  55. fernace

The show hasn't gone to far, it illustrates how the child-pageant industry has gone to far! If the little girls (& it's 99% girls) are supposed to dress as an entertainment character, there are Thousands of memorable characters, to pick from, that aren't ho.ok.ers or women with outsized br.eas.ts! The mothers should be ashamed of themselves for doing this to their BABIES! The pageant directors should exercize more control over age appropriateness! That should be the Golden Rule that can't be broken!!

September 9, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  56. KDH

Who is in charge of the network content? It has to be some sort of pedophile in charge. Anyone know the name of the person that allows this?

September 9, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Veronica

Someone should file suit against this network for contributing to the delinquency of these minors.
    Any lawyers that can assist in a class action suit out there? This network has money!!!

September 9, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  58. vg6

Kill this show, it's ruining these poor children.

September 9, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  59. RUFFNUTT

THE FINAL HOUR IS SOON UPON US, AND THIS IS YET ONE MORE SIGN. REPENT SINNERS, FOR YOUR EVIL WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED IN THIS OR ANY OTHER REALM........ !

September 9, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  60. George

This is an excellent t.v. program. It promotes lots of things some Americans worship. Greed, narcissim and exploitation of the weak. I hope it runs for ever so we can see some of our current and future presidential candidates parade their off spring on this stimulating program in order to stimulate their pocket books.

September 9, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  61. NS

instead of complaining on this site, complain directly to TLC...here's the link:
    Just a suggestion

September 9, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  62. OKG

This show should have never aired to begin with.

I am in charge of several events held during city festivals and it did educate me on what NOT to do OR PUT UP WITH when it was decided to add some pagents (to produce some smiling faces/float riders) to our events. Shocker, you have to be covered up, and instead of a strut, write an essay AND enter stuff in the fair (for example) that you made or grew....

Moral is, this glurp only happens if you let it. What's truely sad is when it's entertainment which gives it a stamp of 'it must be okay, it's on tv' which it's not. Pageants should be raised to legal age, then the person running the mill/meatgrinder is able to make their OWN decisions.

September 9, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Tracy

Sick sick sick. TLC, you should voluntarily shut your entire chnanel down. Shame on you.

September 9, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Summer

The show is awful. I agree that this show is mostly watched my perverts getting their kicks. It's sickening. I haven't watched TLC in a long time...it's gone down the wrong road. The Learning Channel showing this type of show? It certainly not teaching me anything. The parents are to blame...these parents are living their own failed dreams through their kids, it's pathetic. The network is to blame because they want ratings...well sorry I have had enough of reality tv, I won't watch it. I have enough going on in my own life that I don't need reality tv on top of it. Take this show off the air, it has no business on any tv exploiting little girls like that, disgusting! I am seriously considering canceling cable...there really isn't anything worth watching anymore, this reality crap is for the birds! But this show is beyond horrible! Cancel it!

September 9, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Sandirs

The mothers have continued to go too far. Just ratcheted up their sick, living-through-my-child mentality.

This show should be taken off the air. It has no redeeming value and never should have been created in the first place IMO.

September 9, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Lisa

CHILD ABUSE. EVERY MOTHER AND FATHER who participates is DISGUSTING. What is sad is that anyone JUST noticed or NOW thinks it went too far. The whole pageant world is sick, twisted catering to pedophiles, and everyone should boycott TLC and its sponsors, lest they contribute to this sick pedophilia. All of these so-called parents are MONSTERS. I weep for these children and the parents who have indoctrinated them into "loving" it. You know what, victims of molestation don't tell either, they don't know that they aren't suppose to like it. They are too young to understand. SICKOS.

September 9, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  67. LC

The "Learning Channel" would not air these programs if people didn't watch them. Vote with your remote. Don't watch the crap, even for a second, even for "evidence" of how horrible it is.

September 9, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Quiggers

It's more about the mothers behind the scenes who have nothing better to do than showcase their daughters in the wrong light. It's pathetic and sad that these girls will never get to experience a normal childhood. We wonder why so many young adults have psychological issues.....it starts with the parents and things like this.

September 9, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  69. sk

sick sick show. A pedophiles dream TV. it should be pulled off immediately

September 9, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  70. m

It's not the network to blame...it's the trailer trash mother's. They have the final say in their child's welfare.

September 9, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  71. okay den

cancel dis trash, yo! it cain't be good fer dem lil girls to be dressin' up like ho's when dey's only 4 n 5 year old.

September 9, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  72. M

What they are doing to these children is emotional abuse. Telling a child through actions that they aren't good enough, pretty enough or talented enough without enhancements..... This is really sick : ( As a mother of two little girls this show just makes me so sad. These poor kids are probably gonna need lots of therapy! I can't believe that people are allowed to film this and broadcast it like its some sick form of entertainment. What happened to teaching your daughter to be proud of who she is and to love herself just for being her? They need to hire a parenting consultant for the mothers and fathers...... CANCEL this show!

September 9, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  73. Rebecca

America's White Trash! How pathetic are these mothers??? They should be arrested for pimping thier kids!

September 9, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  74. KajinPL

Do you even have to ask? There's noting cute about this at all.

September 9, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  75. g

Yes, this is definitely going to far. How much money could you possibly be winning to give such a sick image of your child. Its not cute nor is it funny. just down right trash.

September 9, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  76. wraith729

I was just reading about parents who do/don't allow their kids to play violent video games... this is much, much worse than that could ever be!

September 9, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  77. mal y fleur

Problem is–even if you take the show off the air there is still that pageant culture which is so rampant across America. What to do about that? Also, another funny thing (and this is my opinion which has its roots in my own experience as a toddler on the pageant circuit) is that a lot of these moms are tea party types, like the types who believe Planned Parenthood should be defunded, which, if we want to be blunt about it, is really just an attack against women and a woman's body. I think the problem is still the devaluation and hatred of women. Burning bras in the 70's and gaining (at least on legal paper though the statistics still don't support it) equal wages with men has done nothing to reduce the paradigm our culture upholds, that women are inferior, they are property and they are objects.

September 9, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
    • KDH

What in the hell are you talking about? You must definitely have some sort of mental disorder from your 'pageant days on the circuit'. These are tea party moms? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! You need to educate yourself just a wee little bit before you start throwing up on people. It makes you look silly and hateful. I would guess you are probably fat also.

September 9, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

Any "tea-party types" I have ever met would NEVER put their child in a pageant. They would view them as what others here have said; evil, abusive, disgusting, and a total waste of money. Sorry, this appears to be a pathetic attempt to make something political, when the people involved couldn't care less about politics.

September 9, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Deo Sepremas

ALSO, they made a little girl wear fake breasts and butt just to win. This is honesly horible. She even knew how to put it on.

September 9, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  79. Deo Sepremas

Honestly, everyone involved in this show, no matter who it is, down to the person who makes the credits is a pervert, child molester, and a sick person. Who wants to watch a show devoted to children dressing up like they are a runway model or something. (I have never watched this show, nor will I, I am just going off of what I read in the article) This should not have even been approved, no one should have even THOUGHT of this. The parents are to blame completely. I would rather do ANY thing other than let my 3 year old daughter in something like this, this is just a disgrace to everything in TV.

September 9, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  80. Kalel

I agree, this has gone way beyond too far, those moms should be in jail, and this is not the only show for pedophiles, maybe most of you havent seen it, but UNIVISION is showing a show called 'Pequeños Gigantes" ( Little Giants) and its WAY worse! CNN should do a piece on that show as well

September 9, 2011 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  81. ~BitterSweet~

I only see little pieces of it just from flicking the channels. I always think of that one little girl that got mudered some years back. (The Ramsey Girl..don't know if i got the last name right). That was sad what happened to her.

September 9, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  82. T Smith

I actually like watching the show because some of the little girls are natural cuties. I don't agree with them putting makeup and fake hair on the girls, I think it sends out the wrong message. The episode I watched the other night had a 3 year old wearing fake boobs and a bootie pad, portraying to be Dolly Parton. It was really sad...

September 9, 2011 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  83. jj

If you want an even more overt glimpse at child abuse and ridiculousness try watching Dance Moms. OMG

September 9, 2011 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
    • W

Thanks for calling attention to the dance show. In it is seen a dance instructor with a real potty mouth and a penchant for verbally abusing both moms and students. Some of her routines and costumes are real perverts' paradise.

September 16, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  84. j

The only interesting show that can come of this is a show in about 10-15 years showing what happens to these poor kids. And then maybe a show as they are adults. Otherwise this is utter trash.

September 9, 2011 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  85. CB

Not only are the Moms to blame, but so are the Producers of the show. Come on – have some common sense here. You're exploiting small children into thinking things they shouldn't even be thinking about until they're at least as twice as old as they are now. While Pageants are real, they are completely exploitive – that's all they are. The kids have no real idea what they're doing, they're just blindly and obediently doing what their parents are telling them to do, all for the amusement of the adults. Moms on the show – you are brainwashing your girls into thinking that they like this parading around, yet you fail to realize that this will have huge reprocussions on their later years. How many pageant toddlers grow up to have incredibly devastating self-image issues in their teen years? I bet the statistics would surprise you. THIS SHOW SHOULD BE PULLED FROM THE AIR. IT IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF RESOURCES AND OUR ATTENTION. People, change the channel and watch something else. Send a message to the producers that this type of children's behavior should not be encouraged and accepted, much less aired for all to see.

September 9, 2011 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  86. deborah

The one to blame is the pagent them selfs they tell them you have to have the tan the big fake hair the flippers for teeth all the make up.If they dont have these they dont get the points they need to place. The parents are just doing as tolid by pagent . I agree they go way to far they want the little girls to look all grown up . wouldnt it be nice to see pagent where little girls are little girls and not there moms. Where real beauty means something .

September 9, 2011 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
  87. Paul Reay

I hope this news regarding "Toddlers and Tiaras," displays the direction much of our populace are headed; acting before they think. Another great example why the Government should be spending more on education. Perhaps we could even add a class called "Common sense" to our children's curriculum.

September 9, 2011 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
    • j

You can not teach Common Sense anymore than you can teach someone to have a sense of humor. You either have it or you don't. I work with some people who have none and no amount of training them to do things ever take hold.

September 9, 2011 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  88. FIX IN TX

@Evel Knievel ~ from one Texan to another I thank you very much. @starrfire ~ thank you very much also & enjoy vacation.

September 9, 2011 at 2:36 am | Report abuse |
  89. RonW

to CELESTE – I will say a prayer for you, your family, amd MOSTLY your kids

September 9, 2011 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
    • marky

Apparently you are completely incapable of understanding what you read. I have rarely seem someone so completely miss the point of a post as you have Celeste's. Maybe you are off your meds?

September 9, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  90. RonW

To CELESTE – you are the reason shy so many childred wind up in child slavery

September 9, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  91. rinnie

It has gone to far from the beginning. and how is it a beauty contest when they have fake teeth wear hair pieces have spray on tans and makeup on?? its disgusting!! never would i do this to my children

September 9, 2011 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  92. stix69

these fat hillbillies suck get a real life

September 9, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Andrea

take that back, hillybillies no way they wouldnt dream of spending that much money but rednecks now your talking lol

September 9, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  93. John1

They still say "has the show gone too far ? " ????? Those toddler shows should be illegal ! The mothers are psychotic and the children become pompous brats, it's all just plain stupid. All the mothers are trying to image what they were never able to accomplish on their little girls. This show should be bannned forever !

September 9, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  94. ohmygod50

tragic pictures and video.......selling your daughter's bod at such a young age.....could mommy not wait until she was at least 4???

September 8, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Namaste

Let's see, dad works full time. Mom works part time to pay $4,000.00 for competion gown. Three year old wins rhinestone crown and $150.00, and sat in crowded auditorium all day! Nice job of parenting. (sorry, I was really bored last night and watched part of the episode). What happened to playgrounds, picnics, and trips to the zoo? Why is it important for these mothers to make three year olds look like something other than what they are, three year old children!

September 8, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  96. ohmygod50

Where are my comments going??? Mom is in lala land...she wants to walk the streets, and she is setting her daughter up to do just that! Perfect Plan!!!

September 8, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Troy

It's a great show to watch if you are a pedophile.

September 8, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Marilyn

I think that this TLC show, Toddler & Tiaras, is so wrong on so many levels that I don't know how anyone could defend it. I am considering boycotting TLC. It's just creepy that a network would actually show this stuff.

September 8, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Celeste

I was in pageants as a child and I have nothing but good things to say about my experience. This is because of my mom. She wasn't a "pageant" mom she put me in pageants because I wanted to do them. She put me pageants natural. The glitz pageants she put me in she just used glitzy dresses that she got cheap at the flea market. I still had no make up, my real teeth. no tan, and my real hair. I won. I got the opportunity to go to Las Vegas to compete in a national pageant and won 1st runner up. I was also in our state fair parade. It was a great experience for me, made me more confident, and less self conscious. I had fun. The second I started only talking about winning was when my mom pulled me out. If the parents treated these pageants correctly like my mom did (fun for the CHILDREN) it wouldn't be so bad.

September 8, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • RonW

Celeste – were you not hugged alot as a child?

September 9, 2011 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
    • RonW

Celeste – can you get your OWN life and let your kids grow up normally?

September 9, 2011 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
    • RonW

Celeste – you are on welfare, correct? Or you are unemployed....which is it? We'd all like to know.

September 9, 2011 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
    • I agree.

I honestly do agree with you, but I cannot even call this a pagent, I only believe that these children should be in pagents if they want to be, not that just because the parents want to go through a dream using their kids as a catalyst.

September 9, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Mel

Don't see why these commenters are hating on you; seems as if you have a very valid comment. Your point was that today's outrageous pageants have no relationship to the fun little contests that you participated in as a child–and enjoyed. These children are not enjoying this on any level; the moms are just sadistic narcissists, IMO.

September 9, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • graciegal

Dont be rude to Celeste. She is telling it like it is for her. I too did the Miss America pageant system for awhile... I have 3 PhDs, I am a tenured professor, and I own my own business - all related to molecular genetics/nutrition. So your blanket suggestions about who does pageants is incorrect.

September 9, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

RonW, you are on welfare, right? Never hugged, etc? What ridiculous responses to a reasonable post by Celeste. What you see on Toddlers and Tiaras is an exaggerated version of pageants. There are pageants in which girls and boys have no makeup, tans, flippers, or wigs, and they look like normal kids with an accent on talent. Celeste said her mother wanted her to have fun, not focus on winning, and that the pageants were Celeste's idea. What in that gave you the impression that she ended up on welfare and she never even mentioned having any children of her own.

The constant insults and rudeness on these sites are beyond irritating. If you aren't mature enough to discuss any subject in an intelligent manner, go fishing alone or something. Don't get on the computer and make an idiot of yourself.

September 9, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  100. LIanne

I think America has spoken, is TLC going to ever read this article and opinion stream? America has spoken overwhelmingly, get this stupid, child objectifying, ignorant pathetic show off the air. It doesn't help TLC, it doesn't help the parents and it definitely does hurt the kids.

September 8, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Denise

Parents are responsible for placing their children on this and other shows like this, under the supervision/influence of people who are savvy enough to make a buck off of those stupid (and I use this term purposefully) parents. And the public, including pedifiles, are stupid enough to watch it. It is appalling, vulgar, and ultimately extremely harmful to the children said parents claim to love. I saw a 10-yr old girl on tv today who wanted plastic surgery and her mother said, well, she wants it. Really???? Where is the parenting? Too many kids are running the show. More good parenting is essential if we are to truly succeed as a nation. Boycott shows like Toddlers and Tiaras and Dance Moms STAT!

September 8, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Caroline

They go to far with the fake hair,nails,eyelashes, and all that makeup, They should be judge on natural beauty not fake beauty. It show the real person , they can be truly who they are., just by being their self.

September 8, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • hello

these little girls shouldn't be judged at all based on looks or appearence

September 9, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  103. FIX IN TX

@Evel Knievel & @starrfire ~ Please join me and my call for peace on the while you were working blog!

September 8, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  104. B'smom28

I've watched the show a few times and have felt so bad for some of the kids, they clearly don't want to do the pageant. It's so funny that when you see the kid prior to the makeup they look like a kid and then after nothing like what I just saw. The flappers look horrible and fake. Should be able to go all natural with their teeth and be considered beautiful. The parents have gone crazy and should save the money they pay to do these pageant and place it in college fund instead. Dancing moms is also ridiculous. The mothers are so pathetic. It's not fair she has 2 solos and private classes. Get over it and stop fighting in front of the kids and change studios if you feel cheated. Holy crap what has tv come to?

September 8, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denise

TV has come to cater to the lowest common denominator, B'smom28. We are not a society obsessed with watching "reality" tv, full of ill-behaved "people" who will do anything to "entertain" us. Sick and sad is our society in so many ways now.

September 8, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  105. b42long

I couldn't believe the comment from one of the mothers whose daughter is a victim of her mother's alter-ego.
    She said "at least we don't force our children to play sports where they may get injured", or words to that effect.

These kids in "Toddlers & Tiaras" are being injured on a daily basis, since they are not allowed to enjoy a normal childhood. They are spoiled, badly behaved brats who need discipline in the worst possible way. Children are given to us to nurture, love and protect . What they are subjected to is psychologhical abuse, period.

September 8, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • ohmygod50

This show is a prime example of why we got rid of TV when my daughter was 2......she is now 16.......brilliant, lovely, focused, interested in life, etc..........what a tragedy all of these 'reality' shows are.......they are mindless trash....all of them. that poor baby....her mother needs some serious counseling.

September 8, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brenda

@ ohmygod50

I suggest getting a copy of "Grammar for Dummies." Your abuse of ellipses has scarred me for life. What's your address? I'm about to sue.

September 9, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Mart

These mothers are commiting child abuse and the people who watch this show are condoning it. Shame on them and shame on the network airing it

September 8, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristal

Hey Mart,
      Sorry to tell you but that isn't child abuse. Yeah, I think the moms go a little to far, but look at other parents forcing their kids to be the best at sports or first chair in bands because they themselves weren't good enough. That is the reality of life, parents always want their kids to be better than they are so they push them into it. This show is just portraying it on tv.

September 9, 2011 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Marla

@ Kristal... Comparing encouraging a child to excel in sports vs trashing them up for TV, REALLY?

September 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  107. vocecita

this show is for the sick, child molesters, pedophiles of the world.... AND SHOULD BE CANCEL IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!

September 8, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  108. RonW

I wonder how many child molesters are salivating at the mouth, waiting for this episode to air. SICK SICK SICK

September 8, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  109. RonW

what's wrong with these mothers?! childred this age should be at home playing with their toys.....NOT FULFILLING WHAT THEIR MOTHERS COULDN'T DO BACK IN THEIR DAY

September 8, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  110. FIX IN TX

Ooops ~ I meant that @christina hit the nail on the head being about money. Some moms complain about how much it costs but do it for the prize money to the detriment to other children in the family. Real good message! Aren't kids messed up enough without parents spending all time & money on one kid? At least most girls are single children. However, from their earliest memory they are going to remember "I wasn't pretty enough. Mommy & Daddy had to buy me fake teeth, hair, nails, and tans. I didn't act good enough, Mommy & Daddy had to get me coaches." Mental health experts should be at the pageants handing out cards for when the girls become suicidal about weight, beauty, or whatever in their teens. Their parents should get help now! TLC for the love of God please cancel it!!!

September 8, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Nevin Applewhite

Why do these pageants exist anyway? It only cultivates more risqué behavior from toddlers at the behest of their handlers. Parents? Thats the funniest joke I have ever heard. Only thing that should be playing dress up at that age is a barbie doll. Take some pills or something and get your head straight.

September 8, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  112. FIX IN TX

@Darcy ~ reread @Patricia Beals.....I belief that @Darcy hit the nail on the head with the money comment.Also,I actually heard one mother (who used to compete as a beauty pageant contestant) comment that since she gained weight with the birth of her daugther that she feels not as attractive so if she can help her daughter when then it was all worth it. What about the 8 yr. old girl who is so out of control (yelled, screamed, bite mom)that she was off the show for a period of time and when she came back on her mom just laughed at her behavior as she fed her A.D.H.D. meds? (Maybe if she didn't have so much caffeine & sugar in her she won't need it!) Thw mother was so into this world that she had hired "talent agents" and acting coaches ~ only acting job ~ a Psycho like scream in a movie that never made it big. 20/20 even did a story on her, her doing pageants and the need for medication. There is also a Air Force serviceman that coaches his daughter on how to be girly enough for pageants.CANCEL IT!!!!!!!

September 8, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Laura

It's not like they dress like this EVERY DAY its just for a pageant. Get over it.

September 8, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • LC

Kids that age should NEVER be dressed like that! Playing dress up is one thing – it appears that these moms wanted live Barbie Dolls, not kids.

September 9, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Claudia

You should be shot in the face.

September 12, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bonnie UK

Have I misunderstood you or are you saying occasional child abuse is acceptable. Is it ok for me to beat my kid, so long as it is once every so often rather than daily?
      Bizarre.
      Also, the preparation for these events takes up time, so maybe the abuse is more frequent than you imply.
      Just strikes me as a show (and parental practice) in poor taste.

September 14, 2011 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Kayee

Seriously? "Get over it"? It doesn't matter if they "don't dress like that everyday". The point is that there are pedophiles that watch these little girls at these pageants and get off on it. How would YOU feel if it was YOUR child, "Laura".

December 3, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Melanie

They should NEVER be dressed like that.

February 1, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  114. Darcy

I'm rather floored that people get all up in arms about the Julia Robers girl, but yet, no one said anything about the little girl from last week dressed as Dolly Parton, complete with fake breasts, She won also. Although I do not agree with doing this to young girls, I do not, however, think it should be pulled off the air. It's not a crime, just bad taste.

September 8, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • MG

Bad taste IS a crime!!!

September 8, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • EC

On the same episode, one toddler was so sleep-deprived, she was falling asleep. And what did white trash mom and dad do? Why they gave her a bottle of her "special drink" to keep her away....that's just great...caffeinate the poor child as she fights to stay awake in her sequined outfit, fake hair piece, and spray tan. One of the so-called moms boasted how she spent over $2,000 for her daughter's outfit....let's guess how much mom and dad are putting aside for her education. Oh wait....little toddler won't be going to school because white trash mom and dad are going to peddal her from one disgusting "beauty pageant" to the next. Another little girl hit her forehead on the corner of a door and, naturally, started to cry. What did ignorant, trash mom do??? Worry that the mark was going to ruin her look and they'd lose. Ironically, the pseudo parents go to such lengths to beautify their little ones, but don't seem to have a clue what they themselves look like....overweight, ignorant people who wouldn't know how to speak proper English and who just don't have a clue. The Learning Channel/Toddlers & Tiaras....talk about your oxymoron. Get this disgusting show off and get those kids away from their trailer trash parents!

September 9, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  115. confused grannie

it kills me to see them pour sugar and caffeine drinks in these kids! they are so tired and trying to fall asleep and they pump them full of sugar...hiring a pageant coach for a 2 yr old! please let kids be kids...if moms missed their chance and are living their lived thru them find another avenue for your kids...not everyone is the prettiest hair, eyes, teeth, but every child is good at something! find their specialty and let them excell in what they want to do!

September 8, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Mike

Who in the world thought for a second that this would be a good show at all? I can't honestly think of one person who supports this crap other than the people on the show. It doesn't matter what people actually want to see anymore, t.v. channels are just gonna feed us whatever crap they feel like. Just stop watching t.v.

September 8, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  117. christina

The mothers are driven by money and the attention.Lets face it, that is all the world has become. No moral, no valus no substance, Just money and attention. Sad that we as a nation has allowed it.

September 8, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Patricia Beal

It is disgusting, a few weeks ago they had a little girl dressed up like Dolly Parton with fake boobs and butt. Really really sick show. Didn't anyone learn their lessons from the Jon Benet Ramsey murder. These mothers and fathers are so sick. And I agree anyone who watches this show weekly has something wrong with them. I call for TLC to cancel it but they won't it's very successful, mostly in the south. They should change the network name also..it is not The Learning Channel any more. Most of the shows are awful.

September 8, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeannie

I want to know what happened to "natural beauty" – most anyone can be made up to look good but let these kids be kids – it's absolutely disgusting. They have an article in Good Housekeeping this month about this show – some of these parents are spending their life savings on this – $3000-$4000 for a dress and living squaller – why not save it for a college education? People are just clueless – when you think you've seen it all – you haven't. I for one hate reality TV – there is absolutely nothing real about it.

Pull the plug on this one!

September 9, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  119. starrfire

TLC, cancel that show!! Mothers have gone too far and are exploiting their children to feed their egos! It makes me sick!

September 8, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Sandi J

I watched about 1/2 an episode recently just to see what they were doing. I couldn't continue. Little girls should not be treated this way, I agree with the previous comment only perverts would get pleasure out of this! They were even putting mascara on a small toddler about 18 months old, WHY? If she gets it in her eyes, its going to burn. That seems like abuse to me! Let them be kids.....cancel this show.

September 8, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mel

And did you see the rest of what that mother of the 18 month old did? Her child had very skimpy toddler hair, so she and the "beauty coach" practically stuck bobby pins thru her scalp to get the fake hair on. The child screamed the entire time. Then the mother was holding the child and she lurched forward and hit her head, causing an immediate large knot and a great bit of pain for the child–and the mother's response was–"just great, there goes our beauty score"!! Then the wolf character scared the baby–and she STILL dragged the screaming baby on stage–followed by her screaming out f*** several times. What a terrible mom. Even the 11 year old step sister was horrified.

September 9, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • gnodges

Mel, you watched the show.....you are part of the problem.

September 9, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Nancy L

This show has always been a window to a very disturbing world....These little girls are being abused and someone should help them, not film them!

September 8, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • appalled45

@ Nancy, you said it. Distorted and sickening is what it is. Yes, TLC, if you are reading these posts, please be a good samaritan and do the right thing: PULL THE PLUG!!!

September 8, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Superhiro

Just having seen the picture at the top of the article, and never having seen the show, I feel I can safely say this show is sick.

September 8, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  123. KittieChaos

Its just sad to see what these parents do to these little girls, they look like prosti-tots. I was in beauty pagents when i was a little girl and from the pictures my mom still has I was the ONLY one that looked like a little girl, no make up, no spray on tan, just a little girl. This show is nothing more than a pedophiles playboy, and it should be cancelled.

September 8, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  124. melissa

this was on lastnight and she won so the judges went to far as well..I hate when they call out the most beautifulist or best smile what is that telling our children I think this has gone to far!!

September 8, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  125. sarah S

i can't believe there are moms out there that have there daughters doing this stuff. i wouldn't let my daughter dress like that at 16 let alone 3. do these moms just not care that there are pedophiles watching this show and probably thinking about hunting these little girls down and kidnapping them? i just don't get it.

September 8, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  126. pam lopez

Re: "Toddlers & Tiaras"

Just take it off the air !! The only type of person that I see really being entertained by that show are perverts...
    I've only seen it on a few occasions while flipping through the channels and the children seem unhappy.

September 8, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan H

This show is revolting!!! I will not allow it to be watched in my house!!! I am a mother of 4 and I am disgusted that this type of treatment to toddlers is even done, but to promote it with a tv show is even worse. TLC is losing my vote as a family friendly channel and not just because of this show.

September 9, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  127. DanMan97

This show is sad. The parents on it are even more so. The only reason for TLC to keep this worthless show on the air is that it makes the average viewer look like Einstein by comparison.

September 8, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Alex

This is actually further than too far. Those "moms" (if you can call them that) should be ashamed of themselves. Fake tans, lashes, hair and teeth? As well as waxing eyebrows, dying hair and diets...all before the age of 5 in most cases and it only gets worse from there. It's GROSS. Why can't you love your child the way she is? "But she enjoys it" MY BACKSIDE!! You brainwashed her into liking it because YOU like it. It's pathetic, it's sad, is disturbing. Your daughter will NOT grow up to be the teenager and woman any mom would like, sorry to break it to you. Enjoy watching your 14 year old giving birth, because that's where it's going. If you expect her to be like a 16 year old now, expect her to be 30 then. It's a sad, sad life I see on those shows, that is, when I can actually watch them.

September 8, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • nancy

I agree, this show is sick! The parents should be ashamed of themselves, let them be kids..good grief! Tlc, u too, take this show off the air!!

September 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeanne Dexter Nally

Over zealous mother's, and sadly.....father's, too. Pathetic display.

September 8, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Tony

That show is all about the crazy mothers. Those kids perform like little monkeys and mommy is over there with tears in her eyes because she is living the dream through her kid. It's pretty pathetic.

September 8, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • pegasus326

America got exactly what it asked for and what it wants with this revolting show. And guess who has it on all their TIVOS...all the pedophiles out there. Nice going America.

September 8, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lena

This show is pathetic. take it off the air.

September 9, 2011 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Bonnie

It is pathetic. Definitely the parents fault(children of this age learn from their parents) but the network is also responsible if it airs, and the pagents for making it acceptable. We have to have some rules, moral values. And, don't forget us, the public, for watching.

September 9, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Shay

Let's get together and STOP watching the show.

September 10, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom Sasso

What complicates the situation is the simple fact that the problem is eliminated by people with sense and taste that stop watching this type of program. It has no value, is not entertainment and stays on the air because it creates controversy. This is then reported by the media who also need a viewership and now you have a following. What a shame!

September 11, 2011 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Oscar

Pathetic indeed, but isn't that why we watch, so we can cringe, judge and feel better about ourselves? Maybe that's just me... That said, if all kids could spend that much time with their parents on the weekend, there would be a lot less trouble in our society. Personally, I'd rather dress like Julia Roberts in a pageant and have my crazy parents cheer me on then be told I'm a loser and left alone at home in front of a Barney cartoon with nothing to eat... Is that just me too?

January 27, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  130. amedicmom

Umm hott!! These girls are 3 and 4 years old..your comment is SICK!! You are probably a pervert and child molester!

September 8, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  131. MG

HAHAHHAHA!!!
    I'll take a real woman over a silly child ANY day!!!

September 9, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  132. ad

Spoken like a true pedophile

September 9, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |