Rosie O'Donnell: How I became less angry
September 8th, 2011

Rosie O'Donnell: How I became less angry

Rosie O’Donnell was an angry person, she says, but these days the talk show host isn’t feeling as feisty.

O’Donnell shares her mood improvement secret in the October issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, People reports.

“The rage has gone away … There’s been a healing," O'Donnell, 49, explained.

Rosie credits a medical fix for the drastic change. "I had, like, zero estrogen," she says of the hormone. "And since I got some, I’ve been able to function more normally. I’ve stopped being so angry."

Her own attitude wasn’t the only issue for Rosie to contend with in recent years. The mom of four split from wife Kelli Carpenter in 2007, an experience she calls "Humbling. And humiliating … In the O’Donnell family, no one had ever been divorced."

But after experiencing a rough patch, things are looking up for the former “View” co-host; she’s coming back to TV with her own show on Oprah’s network, OWN.

"In 25 years of doing my show only one competitor ever seriously challenged me in the ratings: Rosie O’Donnell," Winfrey says of her new employee.

Rosie says her move to Chicago for the show is "a new beginning for me. For the first time in a long time, I’m excited."

1. men who feel white women are useless

Rest up Rosie. Don't worry about who you need to be talented for...just be you

August 22, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. I went on the date jerk

oh sorry...white woman speaking

August 22, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ann

me and matt will wait up...shut your bb off! lol

August 20, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ASFLLM

I watched her early years and found her humorous. Then, she changed. She is no longer entertaining or even relevant. She has become a large, angry woman who no longer has talent. What moronic television network would even remotely decide she would be a .......oh wait a minute........

October 6, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • to asfllm

your a computer..i have opinion, i say what i want. your not human your a machine in my eyes.
      now go blog and make it fun.

August 22, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. The Chi Lites Son

The Chi Lites and Legendary Black Entertainers says:
    September 19, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Oprah Winfery Refused To Help are To Respond To Wife Deborah Jones Of Creadel Jones From The Chi Lites After Her Request To End Exploitation To Her Husband The Legendary Creadel Jones From The Chi Lites. Despite Creadel Jone's Wife Deborah Jones Trip After The Death Of Her Legendary Husband Creadel Jones From The Chi Lites Death Arriving To Exploitation And Abuse From Mistreatment From The Abuse Of He And His Son Darren And Wife Deborah From Brunswick Records And Entertainment Companies

In which Hide Revenues From Over Thirty Years From Their And Son Darren Causing Creadel Jones And Wife Deborah Jones To Die In Poverty, Be Not Able To Afford Attorneys To Stop The Exploitation And Abuse And Mistreatment And Forced Corruption To He And His Family Son Darren. Oprah Use Mistreatment To Even Son Darren When He Decided After His Mother Wife The Legendary Co Founder

Creadel Jones And Singer Again Parent Mother Deborah Jones Died From The Poverty Brought On From Corruption To Darren And Family Causing Legendary Creadel Jones Wife To Die As Well From Abuse And Exploitation, Son Darren Went To Harp Studios After The Recent Death Of His Mother Wife Of Creadel Jones In order To Tell The Story Of The Mistreatment Abuse Of His Father Chi Lites Singer Creadel Jones Wife Deborah Jones His Mother Preventing Him From Almost Being Take Care Of The Death From His father's Wife Deborah Jones Darren's mother.

After Talking To Oprah Staff Producers That Told Darren That They And As Well As Oprah Staff Were Uninterested About The Abuse Are Corruption And Exploitation of Creadel Jones That Caused His Homeless Condition. Even Death Did Not Interest Oprah Are Producer Staff. Son Darren Of Creadel Singer From The Chi Lites Then Protested The Abuse Corruption To His Mother Deborah Jones And Father Creadel Jones From The Chi Lites.

September 19, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. The Chi Lites Son Darren And Family

The Chi Lites and Legendary Black Entertainers says:
    September 19, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Why Want Oprah Help Create Constructive Reform In Black Community By Creating The Project That The Chi Lites Son Darren Cubie Suggested Called Project Up Left In Which Oprah Winfery Would Buy The Story Rights And Auto Biography Rights Of Darren Cubie And His Father Creadel Jones From And The Legendary Chi Lites And Legendary Black Entertainers Like His Father Creadel Jones, Sammy Davis Jr., Florence

Ballard From The Supremes, Jackie Wilson, Mary Wells From The Supremes And Red Fox Star Of San Ford And Son, Marvin Gaye And Others Legendary Black Entertainers And Use 10% percent Of The Auto Biography Movie Revenue To Rebuild The Black Community Where These Legendary Entertainers Are From Group And Grow From! The Revenue Earn Can Go Toward Creating Jobs And Businesses Thru Out The Impoverished Neighborhood In The Community's Of Black Legendary Entertainers And In Black

Community Thru Out The United States That Are Impoverished And In Need Of Development And Rehabbing! As Well As Serve As A Way To Help The Exploited Legendary Black Entertainers That Have Been Forced In Poverty And Black Legendary Icons That Died In Poverty As Well By Helping The Family's Of Legendary Black Entertainers Like Darren Cubie The Creator Of This Project And Creator Of ChiLites.Ning.Com And O Ambassadors Program, And Entertainers Against Corruption And Exploitation Founded By Darren Cubie In The Mid West And West Cost.

It‘s not about responsibility but duty when it comes to abuse to anyone it is the duty of all that includes, even yes yours truly Oprah Winfery.

It‘s not an unaware issue about the deaths of so many legendary black entertainers in the words of an ignorant idea I got mine get yours.

I got a little news for you someone helped even yes even Oprah Winfery anyone who forgets who help them and were they came from needs to quickly remember they could be back were they came from.

And if she forgets she will be back their like you are anyone else you don’t forget. Their never be a apology from any one asking for Oprah Winfery‘s help PS

P S Oprah and you and her staff should remember that if you’re not going help don‘t pretend are play like it on TV to get ratings.

Don’t ask million of people to give Oprah Winfery any money if she does not want to use it to help those who are in need and asses.

Tens of millions are give to Oprah every year to Angel Network why take the money if Oprah Not going to use it in the USA where it is given.
    If it is given in the United States it should be use for the needy in the United States!!!

Oprah Don’t takes the money if you’re not going to help Son Darren of the Chi Lites and the legendary black entertainers in your own field that are homeless because of abuse and Corruption and racism.

Just give back if you’re not going to use it to help poor families in the USA and inner City Children at risk that the low life that wrote their uncovering statements obviously doesn’t care a lick about right.

If you can spend 40 million on a vacation for your spoiled staff I think you can find time to help!!!!!

There will be no Apology from me are anyone who speak the truth out!!!!
    Tell that to the dead legendary black entertainers who died in poverty and legacy abuse
    like Sammy Davis Jr., Creadel Jones from the Legendary Chi Lites, Jackie Wilson, Muddy Waters, and Florence Ballard from the Supremes ,
    I wonder but do I really really need to are anyone else if the shoe was on Oprah Winfey’s foot would Oprah Winfery are her greedy staff still think the same way If they needed help from legacy exploitation and abuse that cause Oprah Winfery and staff to be poor are homeless would Oprah’s selfish Idea still be thought and used by her and her staff. Oprah I Got Mine You Get Yours I know with those Ideas you must be really help those poor in Africa Yeah Right!!!!!!
    What a taxes scam HON Oprah Winfery for a person that gets over 260,000,000 dollars a year you had to come up with something hum? Can’t wait until January taxes roll around you and your staff can pretend Africa is your interest hoping that the IRS along are believes that lye for how long hum THAT”S THE REAL QUESTION HUM?

Help Africans yea right you can’t even help legendary black icons who have been forced in poverty from corruption and abuse to black legendary icons.

Oprah and staff keep the bad non work and I got mine you give me your so I can have more Angle Network up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 19, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. cate

Wow...lotsa rage on this board! Hmmm...and Rosie has a problem?

September 11, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. FIX IN TX

How could loud mouth Rosie daytime version of a late night talk show ever be close to Oprah the self-proclaimed queen of daytime talk in rating? Low in estrogen, you say, is that the attraction to women? Trying to learn to become one? I will belief that she has her loud mouth anger ranting raves under control when she proves it on a long term basis. No wonder she & Kelly split. I pity the children having had to live with a fire-breathing dragon!

September 9, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • De

Actually it was nielson that declared oprah the highest rated talk show in TV history, for 25 straight years. That's why she's a billionaire, richer than all other talk show host combined.

September 9, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jb2817

I thought Kaleid Sheik Mohammed was still locked away at Gitmo

September 9, 2011 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
    • michaelfury

September 9, 2011 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  10. new

Isn't it called elephant rage?

September 9, 2011 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  11. Nancy McGee

Why is it ok for you people to condemn the very same behavior that you display? People that love themselves don't need to spout all the hateful, prejudice comments at others.

September 9, 2011 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  12. Namaste

@ Zoey, she scares a lot of people. @ Jerry, you said it, she's never going to change.Isn't this the same press release she sent out before joining "The View"?

September 8, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Former Grouchy B!tch

Rosie.... all my anger went away when I broke down and bought myself a Sybian. (look it up) puts any 10 men to shame. I can launch myself into outer space without leaving my bedroom. when I have a bad day, a flick of the switch is all it takes to erase the day.

September 8, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Lucylou

Ok you figured me out. I am a lesbian. Good for you.

September 8, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. al

ROSIE .....DEAR ROSIE.... SO HAPPY YOU ARE COMING BACK TO TV.....SMILE BEAUTIFUL HEARTED WOMAN... STICKS AND STONES....FORGET THE RUDE REMARKS... YOUR BETTER....SMILE BE THE BEST OF WHO YOU ARE..........WOULD ENJOY ONE DAY TO SEE YOU IN PERSON... BUT WILL HAVE TO TALK TO YOU ON TV.............OK I AM AN OLD GAY GUY....YOUNG AT HEART... ENJOY THAT YOUR ARE COMING BACK WHERE YOU BELONG.....SHOOTING THE RUBBER THINGS YOU SHOT INTO THE AUDIENCE...ALWAYS FUN.. JUST LIKE ELLEN IS TODAY... SO WE WILL HAVE TO GREAT GALS ON TV....LOL A FRIEND FOR YEARS...

September 8, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  16. lurlene

Most lesbeans have names like Lee or Lou ar Sam. They are carpetmunchers.

September 8, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  17. lurlene

You are just jealous of my humorosity. I bet you are a lesbean.

September 8, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Zoey

This woman...scares me D:

September 8, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Veronique

How very convenient for Rosie to have found the solution for her nasty, ugly, hateful, behavior now.....Yes, just now, when she has NOTHING going for her but a ten year span of failures! I'm gonna have to use that estrogen excuse sometime and see if it works for me! The bottom line is, perhaps your estrogen was low, and perhaps that put you in a bad mood, but there is something called "self-control", and you didn't bother to use any.

September 8, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  20. DWR

In general, people don't realize how much chemistry affects our view of life. Depression is a prime example. Rage is another. I have not been a Rosie fan because of her politics, but I wish her the best. This could be the beginning of a kinder, gentler Rosie.

September 8, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Pliny

More poop jokes.

Why?

Because being in 2nd grade is so much fun, that some people stay there forever!!!!

September 8, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

Have you taken a look at EVERY picture taken of this pig? She looks like she's squeezing out a huge deuce in every one of them.

September 8, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  22. lurlene

Yeah ! Big stinky ones ! I herd her birthday is on October turd.

September 8, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • huh

Oct 10 is when her show starts, not her birthday.

September 8, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lucylou

lurlene, I usually do not comment but for you I will make an exception. You are either a total and complete idiot or you seriously need to grow up

September 8, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Evel Knievel

It's good to see Chaz Bono isn't angry anymore.

September 8, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Evel Knievel

Can you imagine the monster dumps she takes? I bet she clears a whole wing of her house.

September 8, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  25. lurlene

Isnt she one of them gay lesbeans?

September 8, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  26. interesting

The trolls need estrogen ! Howz about a little hrt, trolls ?

September 8, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jerry

Sure – She is on her last legs and is pimping herself. Wait until the first conservative gets on her case. A leopard cannot change its spots. The fat dtke lizzy is what she is.

September 8, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Lucy

I am glad she is healing. Before the anger thing she was loved by so many. She's not a bad person and I hope she can make her way back. She's got great hair!

September 8, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  29. heva

I'm so excited Rosie's launching a new talk show this fall. Can't wait until October 10. Millions of us love you Rosie!

September 8, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heva is smokin crack

You wish that millions loved that fat cow. HAHAHAHAHA. You are a total wacko if you believe she is even remotely liked.

September 8, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |