Marc Anthony launches Kohl's clothing line
September 8th, 2011

Marc Anthony launches Kohl's clothing line

Is Marc Anthony taking a page from estranged wife J. Lo's marketing book?

The crooner stepped into the world of celebrity fashion lines on Wednesday with a ribbon-cutting ceremony unveiling his new Kohl’s clothing collection, reports Billboard.

Marc debuted the Marc Anthony Collection at a Kohl’s store in Jersey City, New Jersey.

Last November, long before Lopez and Anthony parted ways, Kohl’s promoted the pair as “the first celebrity couple to simultaneously design collections for one retailer.”

But after the couple's July split, a spokeswoman for Kohl’s said, “The Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony brands have always been positioned as two separate, distinctive collections … we look forward to a successful September launch.”

Oh well, we'll always have "El Cantante."

And though the lines are separate, Anthony said he did get some input from J. Lo on the collection. "I always had Jennifer as a soundboard and vice versa. I'm really happy about her line and I saw all the work that she put into it."

According to the store’s website, Lopez’s line is set to launch later this month.

Meanwhile, Marc Anthony's budget-friendly collection includes moderately-priced outerwear, ripped jeans, sportswear, leather jackets, suits, sport coats, dress shirts and accessories. Prices range from $28 (for a scarf, perhaps) to $225 for a sports coat.

Anthony is certainly keeping busy in the wake of the couple's split. The singer kicks off a U.S. tour tomorrow with a show at the IZOD Center in New Jersey.

1. ademndewey

you definitely love clearance coach to your friends

February 3, 2012 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. lisa

son loves clothes but boots he liked are no longer available. Whats up ?

December 27, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Boutique Dresses

_____________
    Steven
    Boutique Dresses

October 7, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. j-wick

wow, Mark Anthony has a designer line for Kohls. Just in the 6 week span of announcement of divorice. WOW, what timing. Money & marketing has a funny way of getting people polarized & buying. She gets big single & he gets a clothing line. Who is the patsy??

September 28, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ryan Healey

This has to be one of the most embarrassing problems a retailer has had in recent memory. First, Marc Anthony is barely known in the US except for one or two songs over a decade ago. Otherwise, he is “Jennifer Lopez’s third husband.”. There is no “Marc Anthony” brand or major fan loyalty for Kohl’s to build on. Then, as the lines launch, they file for divorce. This leaves Kohl’s with what could be a strong “Jennifer Lopez” line of products and a “Um, her ex husband no one remembers” line. I am willing to bet 75% of Kohl's shoppers are saying "Who?" when they see his name on products. What happens when Jennifer starts dating or re-marries? Does the new guy pop out in commercials behind Marc? What a mess!

September 27, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jay

I love the new collection by Marc Anthony for Kohl's. I will admit they are pricey but thank goodness Kohl's has great sales and coupons. I purchased a pair of his boots and his leather bike coat and I am in total love. He's always had great style before and after J. Lo. If your looking for great clothes at a decent price; this is the place! Great job Marc :)

September 24, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. George

Saw the clothes, they look good but they are pricey for Kohls. $80 for a nice sweater, had to put it back.

September 12, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  8. mercy

marc is hot and he is getting batter with age!! He also is an extremely good dresser I think the line is going to do great!

September 10, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. itsamemario

no worries theres nothing to apologize for..

September 9, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. FIX IN TX

My bad! I was using the ethic information from @tracie & @Booo. I apologize if I inadvertantly offended anyone. I was trying to clarify who sang "La Vida Loca". Have a great day Mario!

September 9, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. itsamemario

ricky martin and marc anthony are puerto rican not mexican. hence their presence at the puerto rican pride parade in NY every year..

September 9, 2011 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  12. FIX IN TX

@tracie & @Booo ~ I believe if you google 'la vida loca' you will find the Mexican singer you refer to is Ricky Martin not Marc Anthony.

September 9, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  13. Running Among Thorns

@Anomic Office @ProperVillian...lol

September 8, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. DiDi

Marc is a sharp dresser and his line looks great.

September 8, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Candice

Whatever,dude looks good in Armani let me guess the guys that are knocking his clothing line are mostly waspy middle classed dudes I can see you now with your tooth pick s*x and city trying to bees,you in your cargo shorts long sleeved AE oxford shirt and flip flops out having drinks. All over the country can we say cliche.

September 8, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Evel Knievel

More ghetto wear from another hack.

September 8, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  17. ProperVillain

AWESOME! I too can now look like a human skeleton on crack...

September 8, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Anomic Office Drone

Who the F wants to look like that guy?!

September 8, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Booo

Yes, but puny Marc Anthony is the first person who comes to mind when I think of men's fashion. Lol. Marc should stick to singing...

September 8, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  20. tracie

Wasnt he the mexican guy that sang la vida loca and just came out of the closet? He would doodoo while singing.

September 8, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  21. pinto

I heard he might be gay. Or a lesbean.

September 8, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Elvis

If I ever leave this building I'm going straight to Kohls to buy some of Marks stuff, that's a snazzy jacket.

September 8, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  23. portalpunk

In this corner is FIRSTY!!!!!!

September 8, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |