Oscar De La Hoya admits drag photos are real
September 7th, 2011

Oscar De La Hoya admits drag photos are real

Remember those scandalous photos of boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya wearing fishnets and lingerie from 2007? And how he insisted they were fake? Well, the boxer is finally admitting it’s him in those pictures, reports the New York Post.

In an interview with “Aqui y Ahora” (Here and Now), a news show on Univision, the “Golden Boy” owns up to the cross-dressing images after all these years, and places the blame on a combination of alcohol and cocaine.

"Let me tell you, yes, yes, it was me [in those pictures]," he told the show, saying he was under the influence of alcohol and cocaine when the pictures were taken.

"I am tired now of lying, of lying to the public and of lying to myself," says De La Hoya, 38, who checked into rehab in May. He’s been sober for more than three months.

At his lowest point after the photos leaked, De La Hoya succumbed to dark thoughts, and considered suicide.

"One of these nights when I was drunk and alone again, I asked myself, 'Is it worth it to be alive?' I was already feeling like I had nothing," he said. "And what is going through your mind are your children, your wife, the people who love you."

The boxer’s picture problems also became legal. Then-mistress Milana Dravnel, who was involved in the wild fishnet-clad romp, sued De La Hoya, claiming his handlers tricked her into saying that the photos were manipulated.

1. Scrapbooking

You really make it appear so easy with your presentation but I in finding this topic to be actually one thing that I believe I'd by no means understand. It kind of feels too complicated and extremely large for me. I'm taking a look forward to your subsequent post, I will try to get the grasp of it!

April 13, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Aidan

Does it matter it he's gay? or do you think boxers can't be gay? LOL

January 23, 2012 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  3. DB

Vote ANYONE BUT OBAMA in November!!!! Save our country.....

December 30, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Benny The Bull

I'd do him!

November 19, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Big Bob

Oscar, Darling. Black is sooooo not your colour!

November 10, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Medina

He's gay. No doubt......Nothing wrong with being gay. The tell all book will come out ...maybe 10 years from now. I"'m gay" I was always but I was scared to come out".. etc etc

Guys don't dress in drag no matter how drunk or stoned we get. Myabe haloween ? maybe... LOL

October 22, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  7. grandma moses

Oscar,FOR MANY YEARS I FALLOWED YOUR career, so proud of your disapline, your reputatation was impecable, I was raised in E.L.A.. graduated from GARFILED HIGH SCHOOL, old enough to be your grandmother.often I prayed for you as I watched you box..you have so much to be proud of, and so much to lose...glad your in rehab..your the kind of youg man, that willa lways conquer..so let go and let GOD, thank HIM FOR YOUR SUCCESS..TURN YOUR LIFE OVER TO GOD..ONLY HE CAN HELP YOU OVER COME ALL OBSTICLES..I SHALL BE PRAYING FOR YOU..I BELIEVE you will come out on top..GOD BLESS YOU.....

September 29, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jay

Gay or straight?? Who cares? That is his business.

September 19, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Panty Wearing Fairy

He should be on DWTS and partner with Chaz.

September 19, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  10. aNN

Oscar gay La Hoya. OMG . Another hero lost.

September 19, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  11. Argle Bargle

You mean he normally DOESN'T dress that way?

(blink. blink.)

September 17, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  12. srodriguez

OSCAR DE LA HOYA WE STILL LOVE YOU FOR WHOM YOU ARE AND I HOPE YOU KEEP DOING THE RIGHT DONT LET NONEOF THESE JERK GET TO YOU WILL ALLWAYS BE MR OCSAR DE LA HOYA TO ME THE BEST SON A MORTHER COULD ASK GOD FOR SO KEEP YOUR HEADUP HIGH AND THANKS GOD FOR YOUR WIFE AND KIDS ILOVE YOULL A FRIEND YOU DONT KNOW BUT LOVE YOU THE SAME CHAMP KEEP GOD IN YOUR HART GOD BLESS

September 17, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  13. justsayin

eventhough that you are admitting that you did it after all you were drunk.... maybe your true alter ego came out when you were drunk which it indicated that you enjoy dressing up once a while... or possible do likem men in someway. I think you have a hard time accepting that you are not HETERO ANYMORE!!!! Not everybody can pull it off and consider gay. I met few of str8 men that does like to wear thong or women whatever but they don't mess around with men. I would know this cuz i am drag msyelf and have seen everything. soo much kudos for him to accept that it was him eventhough a blind dog can tell who it is!! lol

September 17, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  14. Eric

Nothing to be ashamed of. I'd jump in a fishnet bodysuit in a hurry if that Milana photographer wanted me to. ;)

September 16, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Todd

Wow! After seeing that picture, I think I might be gay. Very hot Oscar! Love the fishnets and the red gloves! HOT! HOT! HOT!

September 15, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Bobby

I think that if your ass-kicking prowess fall in the top 99.99% percentile, you should be able to wear fishnets without judgment.

September 13, 2011 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Gene

He loves to get fisted. I bet that how he became a boxer. He practices boxing on his bean bag

September 13, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  18. FU

I've spent a few days with Oscar and lemme tell you: that man can PARTY!!

September 13, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  19. Fartjar

Damn. He should just start boxing that way.

I sure as hell wouldn't make fun of him.

September 12, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  20. thatsjarrod

C'mon we've all been there. Get hopped up on coke and booze, what is the next thing that comes naturally? Thats right. Prance around like a fairy in womens underwear. Happens to the best of us!

September 12, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Badabing

Boy, he sure got ugly.

September 11, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  22. Carlos

Oscar you the best and keep on living my brother!...so you had some fun who cares...love you!

September 10, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Jack Meoff

Nobody believed he was telling the truth to begin with. We all knew that it was Oscar in those photo's. What I didnt know is that he had a coke habit. He should have done a line before the Pacquiao fight, he might have been able to keep up if he was high. He's a multimillion dollar athlete though, and when you're that rich you can do whatever the hell you want.

September 9, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Furious Styles

So his drag photos are real, now what?????????

September 9, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Matt

I imagine the situation like this: You're partying with Milana and she proposes that she takes her clothes off and you put her clothes on. Let me rephrase that – Milana tells you that she will get naked if you put her clothes on. I don't see the problem here. Looks like they had a good time and didn't hurt anyone in the process.

September 9, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  26. laRue laRue

Men in drag get 2 times the women than straight men so shut your pie holes, you men are just jealous!!

September 8, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jupiter

I didn't doubt those photos were of him. And while he is attractive he looked a little out of it in the photos and I remember there being a lot of speculation that he was doing drugs and stuff for a long time. But thats not to say that if he wanted to dress like a fancy lady while sober any of us should judge he may not like your outfit either.

September 8, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Kaiser Wilhelm

So what! I dressed like Ethel Merman in the 1940's remake of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

September 8, 2011 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  29. Ryan

If dressing like that would get me into bed with that girl, I'd do it in a second.

September 7, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  30. DisgruntledGrrl

Honestly, just looks like he's having fun.

September 7, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  31. O.o

The fitting side effects of getting your @$$ handed to you one too many times.

September 7, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  32. demetri

OK, So you dressed in drag. So did Rudy Guiliani. Why could you not face up to it? Why do you still refuse to take full acount by implying it was the drugs and alcohol He needs to just come clean with everything so that he can stop rehashing this story.

September 7, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  33. El Guapo

He may be a cork soaker, but he ees a cork a soaker who can keek your ice.

September 7, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  34. markiejoe

why is de la hoya apologizing for cross-dressing? it's nothing to be ashamed of. just come out of the closet already and breathe the air. life is much more fun that way. i'll be your friend.

September 7, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Whocares

Who cares if he is/was straight or gay? What difference does it make to any of us?

The guy was a great boxer!

September 7, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  36. RZ

Okay.

Moving on...

September 7, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Ed

He should have copped to it at the beginning. Just admit to some hard partying and finish off with the Rick James line, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug."

September 7, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Imjesayin

What he is not saying is what she did to him while he was in those outfits. Don't kid yourself into thinking he got coked up and drunk and only POSED for photos in those outfits. She made him her prison b.1.t.c.h. She probably used a big black one. Golden Boy? More like Golden GIRL!

September 7, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Melissa

Hi Oscar, can i have your baby?

September 7, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  40. bitnar

I don't see anything wrong with this. He was having fun with someone, they played dress up, probably should not have taken photos if he didn't want anyone else to see this, but oh well.

September 7, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Bob

All you guys who are criticizing De la Hoya and calling him g@y, etc. – say that to his face. Go ahead. I'll call the ambulance right now to save time ...

September 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  42. j.

Ok...De la Hoya...its time to come out and be De la McGreevey....we all do eventually!!!

September 7, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Caitlin

Eh... glad he's sober and cleaning things up. I don't really care about the photos. I attended a four-year University of 25K+ students.. I'm very aware of people doing dumb things when they're under the influence! If it served as a way to make him realize his drug use has gotten out of control then wonderful. I have no idea if he's Gay or not (though I don't believe he is) but I don't think that hinges on these pictures, I think that hinges on what seems like a hilarious idea to someone under the influence of intoxicants.

September 7, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Wesley

He's gay and his refusal to admit it is causing anxiety and other mental health issues which leads to the drinking and drugs. In this day and age no one cares so admit it and free yourself.

September 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  45. jross

Huh, go figure. I would have thought if people were going to make a fuss over this it would be because of the illegal drug use, not what he chooses to wear in private or otherwise. People die on a daily basis because of addiction and related issues steming from ithe business of drugs, including drug wars around the world. Funny, but I have yet to hear a report of attacks in which the perpetrators were wearing lingerie and a pair of kicky pumps. Priorities much?

September 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  46. S T

Who cares if he cross-dresses. Don't most comics, male and female cross-dress? My guess is given the way Obozo's wife looks, he probably cross-dresses.

September 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  47. beermorebeer

Manny knocked him into qeer street. It's hard to imagine a gay Mayweather - maybe that's why he's ducking Manny.

September 7, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  48. D

Uh....who else could it of been?

September 7, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Sheila

All he ever had to say from the beginning was that it was a Halloween costume worn on a dare. I mean, duh.

September 7, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  50. keef

Oscar, we already knew buddy. thanx

September 7, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Jesus Cristo

Great American. Self made and one of the few Americans to bing home a gold medal in boxing. If he is gay who CARES? Only the kkkrisitans repukkkes would care though...

September 7, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Joe

Is there something wrong with doing something silly for fun? What's the big deal? If he went in full drag to Times Square and tried to turn a trick, that would be news. (Though I still wouldn't care) Geez.

September 7, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  53. kendo23

It was the yayo bro!

September 7, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  54. oh the humanity

what's really stupid about all this is WHO CARES IF YOU GO IN DRAG TO A PARTY?! WHO CARES!??!?!?!?
    people do it every damn day for FUN - gay or straight, sober or three-sheets, boxer or beau.
    o m g w h o c a r e s w h y i s t h i s n e w s ? ? ?

September 7, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Snap

we will never know the real reason he was dressed up in fish-tights. He probably won't either.
    Good luck staying sober/straight.

September 7, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  56. rage

We all did stupid stuff, the pressure got to him I'm sure.
    I still have respect for the man that was once the best.

September 7, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  57. emdub

the sad thing is that he actually considered taking his life over this no issue. It's time for the US government, corrupt churches and judgmental dogooders to keep their noses out of peoples bedrooms, private lives and private thoughts.

September 7, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  58. NYC REPUB

I'll take what he was taking......no really.

September 7, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  59. lp

He's not gay...that would be too good to be true.

September 7, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Kevin in Atlanta

The real story here is that hot chick Oscar was swapping clothes with. If putting on some fishnets was the ticket to taking her to town, I'd suit up right quick...

September 7, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Trexosaurus

point is...he probably won't look half as good as a Tommy Hearns in drag.

September 7, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  62. point

point is, I bet he's not have as attractive as Roberto Duran or Marvin Hagler in drag.

September 7, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Joyce

His girl said she was tricked, I think not, they paid her off for her silence. Oh Oscar, don't do that anymore, your so dang cute! Not to mention, hot in the ring!

September 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Bagheera

So what. I mean, how many of us guys haven't gone on a little romp in drag from time to time...hello?,,,,,Hello? Okay, so maybe I haven't done that exact thing, but Oscar is still The Man!

September 7, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Jeff

I really do not think Oscar is gay... I mean... SHE IS A MISTRESS... and HOT... her job is to humiliate the subject... isn't that why men of power go to see them.. to be demeaned and humiliated... to give up control? Anyway.. who really cares if he does like to cross dress... Oscar could kick anyones butt that gives him crap anyway...

September 7, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  66. DERRICK

I HAD FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT THIS. DIDN' T CARE THEN!! DON'T CARE NOW!!!

September 7, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  67. geoz

I may be thick here. There are two people in the pictures. Are both Oscar? Those first three look like a woman and look like a different body than him. Right? It isn't labelled so give me some slack here.

September 7, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  68. george

I always knew there was something funny about that guy.

September 7, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Jeff

Oscar, we love you and we dont care if you like to cross dress (even if you only do it when you are high)... Please get better... you have so much to live for and could be a great role model for young people. Please dont self destruct!!!

September 7, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  70. erich2112x

No wonder he loves boxing so much.

September 7, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  71. J

I think anyone so focused on Oscar is gay. Out of all those pictures, the main focus should be the chick in them! She's bad and i'd dress up for her too. Lock me in a room with her for a weekend with coke and alcohol and you'll see some crazy ish too! Do you Oscar...

September 7, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  72. MadCityBabe

yo Oscar – if you like the feel of fishnet on your ballsack – who am I to judge! Rock on!

September 7, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Justin

Linvin' la vida loca in Minnesota!

Do you really want to know the answer to why your husband's gaydar is so good? Go Figure!

September 7, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  74. coolbreeze

Oscar you're an idiot, You paid 20 million to hide your drag queen pictures. Then come on national t.v and say all along it was you. Do you have a financial advisor? They would've never approve this. What a waste of money! Idiota

September 7, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Jpaxx

if you were a straight man, and alone with me, and I wanted to dress you up like a girl and Fk your brains out, you wouldnt say no... wearing womens underwear doenst make you gay, gay is a label only YOU can put on yourself, no one else can decide you are gay...

September 7, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

LOL I have had many women ask me to do some really strange stuff.

I've never said no.

September 7, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bo

I have a few women want to do that to me. They new I am just in to women. There would have to be real trust. That could come back to hunt you. You seem like you would enjoy and not be judgemental.

September 7, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Joe

We all knew it was him. We don't really care, either.

September 7, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  77. bud

If he were not an Anti-CNN Conservative, this would be a dead issue. No one ever disputed they were real. Great reporting!

September 7, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Linvin' la vida loca in Minnesota!

I have terrible gaydar but my hubby's is excellent and on Oscar, he says no. Since he pegged Ricky Martin, George Michael and Gov. McGreevy of NJ early on, I trust his judgement. He says we should expect dirt on Gov. Perry eventually. He only heard Marcus Bachmann on TV and he said to me "whatever guy is talking is gay." I laughed as MB is one of the few that actually sets off my 'dar.Now, why is my hubby's gaydar so good???

September 7, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

"Why is my hubbys so good"

tales one to know one?

September 7, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • MD

OMG! Wake up sister!!! Your hubby may not have ever acted on it, but he is clearly gay.

September 7, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Pancho villa

I will do him in a heartbeat

September 7, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Kingofthenet

The REAL funny thing is EVERY SINGLE person here talking Jive about Oscar, he would beat you down so bad it would actually be funny.

September 7, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  81. tracie

I am a straight woman who likes to eat girl doo doo sometimes.

September 7, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • LaFitte In LA

Tracie – ilovegirlswhoeatdoodoo@gmail.com ... write me. ;)

September 7, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sprinkles

I bet if we blindfolded you and switched the doo doo to man doo doo, you wouldnt know the difference. You should try it out sometime with a friend or co-worker.

September 7, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • MadCityBabe

F R E A K !!!

September 7, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Donald in CA

Please say it aint so Oscar. Alcohol and drugs seem to bring out the truth.

September 7, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Troy Tucker

Guys I think Oscar didn't look so bad. I am a married straight man and I happen to appreciate a pretty man with a great body and beautiful brown skin. Have you ever seen him box? How his sweat is glistening all over his body? How can you not love that?

September 7, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sprinkles

I am a straight man, and I too love to see sweaty, muscle-bound men grapple with each other. Is that normal? Am I gay?

September 7, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  84. me

cocain is a hell of a drug.

September 7, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Topaz114

Fishnets or not, I always thought he was one of the hottest men alive (along w/ Johnny Depp & Antonio Sabato Jr.). I think I still have his 1992 gold metal-winning fight from the Olympics on VHS tape. I was in 8th grade and had a HUGE crush.

September 7, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  86. godless

There is a great deal of strife here. I've worn woman's clothing before but only for a silliness effect. I'm a straight man. The majority of my gay friends wouldn't dress in drag unless they lost a bet and to be honest the handful of cross-dressers I have met were straight guys. I think judgments and conclusions are best confined to your heads if you haven't experienced this aspect of our culture. If you hate this aspect of our culture you may want to reassess your own situation and please don't pass this bigotry to your children. I know our education system lacks the resources and infrastructure to sufficiently teach critical thinking skills in public schools so until that is fixed please don't teach your children to hate. Learn about things you fear and I assure you they won't be nearly as scary.

September 7, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  87. OZ

Golden boy or should say Golden Girl??

September 7, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  88. MS

What people do in private is their own business. Who really cares what he does? There are many straight men who enjoy crossdressing. As long as you aren't hurting anyone I say whatever makes you happy.

September 7, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Richard Fore

Gotta respect a man for being able to walk in heels & a dress, I kept falling down when I did it.

September 7, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  90. tracie

I would like to see him bend over in fishnets and doo doo in them.

September 7, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  91. aj

So was he drinking and doing coke when he was fighting too??

September 7, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Phil

I don't see the problem with such an act. It's rather common for guys to do all sorts of things in drunken binges that they may – or may not – regret later. Perhaps instead of anonymously throwing stones at someone who has a lot more money, fame and is perhaps a bit more real than all of you combined, consider the fact that your life isn't perfect either and you might want to hide your cross-dressing college photos from someone able to scan them from a distance and upload them without your knowledge or consent.

September 7, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Tatum Moss

It doesn't matter to me one way or another what he chooses to wear. I'm just happy he has made peace with himself–lying can eat away at the soul.

September 7, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  94. ac

I care if he is gay because I don't want my children to look up to a gay boxer, you see both of my sons box.

September 7, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erik

Why don't you learn how to spell and write a sentence so that your sons can look up to you for that?

September 7, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

Why don't you just have your sons beat the gay out of each other?

September 7, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ke Bacon

Gay is gross. Your ## by nature isnt suppose to go in another guy's **

September 7, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erik

Let's just be honest, "Ke Bacon": all minorities are gross, which probably includes you.

September 7, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • YBP

There are plenty of gay people that you and your kids already look up to. Only self-loathing gays hate gays. Straights really don't care either way. Get over it and accept yourself.

September 7, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

what kind of name is ac? are you also dc? whycan't kids look up to gay people they contribute to the good of society like everyone else

September 7, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  95. kirk

You're just posting this story now? It was confirmed last week!

September 7, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Lauren Hutto

There is forgivness for all sins . Jesus died for that, all you have to do is admit and repent. We were all in sin and christ forgave us. Dont be one of the few who wants to condem someone else after you are forgiven.

September 7, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ronald Hussein Reagan

"And he was such a good guy he dwelt on Earth and saved us all a bunch of dough" (Acts 4:20)

September 7, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erik

Jesus didn't die for us. All of that stuff is mythical. Why not believe in Zeus – just as believable.

September 7, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • YBP

Jesus died for acting out against the power and wealth of Religion and Empire. It was treason. No other reason. The absurd notion of vicarious redemption came generations later. It's an entirely pagan concept. Not Jewish. Jews slaughtered animals to keep their god happy every day, but never offered people as sacrifice.

September 7, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

Lauren Hutto; when did Jesus ever say it was a sin to dress as a woman

September 7, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Btown

Btown
    CORRECTION

Charlene "And who cares? I'm gay." That is a great statment, so tell me why do gay people think they need to come out of the closet. (Press confrences, newspaper releases) I dont care if you are gay. I guess it sells papers.

September 7, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Charlene

Btown, that's exactly what I'm trying to do – sell papers!
      ??? Let me know how that one makes any kind of sense...
      Actually, I'm sick and tired of people using the word "gay" as a pejorative (look it up). And I'm MOSTLY concerned about impressionable gay youth having to read and hear ignorant nonsense from people like yourself who throw your words around so carelessly and cowardly.

September 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Tellit

Drugs and alcohol didnt make him dress in drag. Its what the little girl inside him told him to do. AND WHO GIVES A DAMN IF HE'S GAY? If it weren't being PROMOTED so vogorously, no one would trip.

September 7, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Ya No

Tellit: You receive your degree, where? You've interviewed this gentleman extensively when? Why insist on publishing your hangups, and hate, on international media?

September 7, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Anthony Rios

Who cares.....He got carried away while banging a hot chick while drunk. The man has slept with hundreds of women sometimes you have to turn up the Kink to keep in interesting!

September 7, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

So true. I notice nobody is commenting on how ridiculously hot the chick in the photos is.

If she asked wear anything I'd do it.

If I were Oscar I would have said, "Yeah I was wearing those clothes, right before I banged the snot out of that insanely hot model...........jealous?"

September 7, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

A. Rios: How many men did he accidently sleep with while under the influence?

September 7, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Btown

Charlene "And who cares? I'm gay." That is a great statment, so tell me why do gay people think they need to come out of the closet. I dont care it you if you are gay. I guess it sells papers.

September 7, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • YBP

"Coming out" is about visibility, vindication, freedom and self-acceptance. It is also an intregal part of the current struggle for equal civil liberties. It's very personal and it's very difficult. Some people would rather die. Now do you understand? Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Be proud, Charlene. You are one in ten. That makes you extraordinary, rather than just ordinary.

September 7, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ya No

Btown: What makes you so uncomfortable with gays? Live and let live? Mind your own business? Tolerance? Respect? You familiar with any of these concepts – the one's that make – at least some of us – human?

September 7, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  101. WILLIAM

It took alot of Balls to admit to those photos and that it what I respect. It shows that DE LA HOYA is on his way to recovery. I respect him for that and I am rooting for him to be all that he can be to his family and for himself. In the words of the late RICK JAMES....."COCAINE IS A HELLUVA DRUG!"

September 7, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  102. Ronald Hussein Reagan

What's the big deal? He just wanted to feel pretty.

September 7, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  103. Marcus

He was high as hell.

September 7, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  104. lordpet

Ok, Oscar, I forgive, even though I didn't care in the first place.

September 7, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  105. E

NO BODY gives a rat's @ss or a sh1t about you Oscar and your "troubles." Are you kidding me?! No money worries at all and a plush life – you CREATED your own issues! Oh boo-hoo for you! It's SO EASY to have your issues when those are the ONLY ISSUES you have! Try adding in money worries, paying off debt, etc. You had an easy life and screwed up! Go jump off a cliff!

September 7, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Km

E, you sound like one bitter, pathetic person. Your lack of empathy isn't a good thing. I hope your family knows how unhappy you are.

September 7, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • boo hoo

@ E. It sounds like your troubles are manufactured also. Why don't you live within your means?

September 7, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ya No

E: Not to worry – no one is going to accuse you of being a nice guy. Asserting that you represent 'everybody' might be a bit of a stretch – and the crack about him having a 'easy life' – not likely, considering his profession, and his level of success. How come so bitter about someone you don't know, and know very little, if anything, about?

September 7, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Cuso

Dude De La Hoya can wear and act anyway he wants would you go up to his face and make fun of him?

September 7, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  107. Erica

Oh my...um...you know, this doesn't make him a cross-dresser. This makes him dumb. This makes him an idiot. This makes him a God-awfully ugly woman. I'm just waiting for the rumors that he is transgender to start surfacing. He is NOT transgender...

I mean, I don't even want actual drag queens lumped in with us, but him...wow, that was a train wreck...

September 7, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  108. JR

Oscar is a hot chick. HE must really be a bad ass if he admitted the pictures were real.....you go call him a sissy!

September 7, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  109. Evel Knievel

And in other news, the sky is blue. Stevie Wonder could've seen that it was him in the pix.

September 7, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Paula Deen

Also, butter is good.

This message was sponsored by Captain Obvious.

September 7, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  110. tom

Hot...

September 7, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  111. howard renier

Okay

September 7, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  112. betty

the boy is G.A.Y.

September 7, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • SNAPPA

So, if a dude wears a dress or womans underwear he's automatically gay? Then you might want to let your husband know this since straight men are more likely to cross dress than a gay man. I'm gay and wouldn't be caught dead in a dress, after all drag queens are after straight dudes who are attracted to those things not gay men.

September 7, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Michael

He is beyond pretty so he very well could be gay. The prettier a guy is the more likely he likes other pretty boys. You'll notice the guys who like to slam gay men are always the most unattractive guys around.

September 7, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Todd

He was very pretty in the fish nets. He could be gay, but many men who cross dress are actually hetero.

September 7, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dominic

Were the dark suicidal thoughts because of the cocaine or the cross dressing?

September 7, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • g

I think so.. Dudes just don't dress up in drag, I don't care how drunk that are.

September 7, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • GailS

Exactly, Charlene. Who cares. For the record, I'm straight.

September 7, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

I don't think he is either.He's a cool dude. He was a bit arrogant when he was younger but so are a lot of good athletes.

September 7, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robizzy

Who cares if he's gay?!? Why does he have to be labeled right away. And even if he is gay, would that make you think any less of him? Ugh...people are so fuc%ing ignorant. Please...jump off a cliff

September 7, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

I bet you look more like a man than Oscar does, @Charlene.

September 7, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ari159

Yeah, because people don't stupid crap when they're high and drunk.

September 7, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • ladydi

GAY OR NOT, HE SURE IS A PIECE!!!!

September 7, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cee

This comment thread is as weird as the story. With that said I never saw those photos or read an article about it, I thought that this was some type of a joke when I read the headline. I liked Oscar as a boxer and don't really care what he does in his private life.

September 7, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robert Dolan

He was certainly gay when he was dating Ricky Martin for a while. Nothing wrong with that. I just wish people like him and Tom Cruise and thousands of others could be honest, open, and comfortable with who they are.

September 7, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Larry

You will be shocked what cocaine can make u do!

September 7, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • triggerfinger

i don't think that orientation matters. i believe that this is one of many side effects following a fight with manny pacquiao. if mayweather ever fights pac-man, look to tmz for floyd's downfall.

September 7, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

That's not Oscar De la Hoya, it's Oscar De Lady Boya!

September 7, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Adam

Gay or not...he can still knock your ass out in 3 seconds flat.

September 7, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frankster

Oscar Gay La Hoya?

September 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Johnjon

one can only hope and pray.

September 7, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robin Carr

Not really. 10 to 20% of the male population at one time or another have dressed in female clothing. I would say that 80% of females have dressed in male clothing so does that make them lesibians?

September 7, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • bucktron

You guys are missing the point: cocaine is a helluva drug!

September 7, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick James

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

September 7, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • FriarTuck

WHO CARES??????

September 7, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Argle Bargle

Betty's real name is Bruno.

September 11, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • sally

oscar, u have come a long way toprove ur worth ! and it doesn't mea whether you r sober or no, whether u are inn mens clothing or not! what you have done is prove yourself to be a proud young mexica american man who is just a vulnerable as any other, be they rick or poor , with or with talent. that is how life is. At least you are Man enough to admit it and I for one and proud of you and will always consider you my favorite Golden boy "man"! pa"lante because we never looker look back!!

September 12, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • OBagel

I feel pretty, oh so pretty. I feel pretty and witty and gay! And I pity, any girl who isn't me today!

September 13, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Dorken Wackenburg

I don't know about GAY or not but I can tell you that he is or was definitely troubled. His admitting to eating a possum was startling and the stories about chasing, killing, cooking, and eating coyotes were sickening.

September 13, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Playjojo

Why is it people who know NOTHING feel the need to speak? Michael sweetheart, you are CLUELESS! The prettier the guy...? I can't even finish, I fell out of my chair. I have 2 gay nephews, and my brother had waited tables since he was 16 and then worked his way through college in the best restaurants in Boston. And he knew plenty of gay men. If that isn't THE stupidest comment I've heard, I don't know what is. That's up there with everyone that lisps is gay. It's that kind of ignorance that is no help. Learn before you speak. But you're not the only twit here, you're in good company.

September 13, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • being gay is not a drag

no kids, he's not "automatically" gay. he's just gay. not news. and plenty of gay men do drag, btw.

September 16, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Snoop

You and your spam again, Trish. I wish Faye would die already.

September 7, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Heather Sioux

I see this comment on a lot of CNN posts, left by several different people. I visited the site & will definitely pray for your friend, but it's hard to know when sites are real or fake & if you can trust them, particularly when there is donating money involved.

September 7, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |