Lady Gaga goes 'bare' for Harper's Bazaar
September 7th, 2011

Lady Gaga strips down for Harper's Bazaar

Lady Gaga leaves the meat dresses and alter egos behind for her latest shoot in the October issue of Harper's Bazaar.

Instead of the usual outlandish gear, Gaga (we feel like we should call her Stefani Germanotta, she's so pared down here) is pictured "basically barefaced," the magazine says.

The "You and I" singer explains that she doesn't really see it as a "natural" look since to her, "artifice is the new reality" anyway.

"It's more about just being honest and sincere to the core of what you do. Whether I'm wearing lots of makeup or no makeup, I'm always the same person inside," she explains.

And that person, she goes on, is not one who "puts on" just for her fans. "I try not to focus on what people expect from me," she tells Harper's Bazaar. "I think what has been lovely about my relationship with the public is that they expect the unexpected from me."

Besides, the 25-year-old adds, fashion isn't always about being "natural."

"Don't you think that what's on the cover of a magazine is quite artificial? There's this idea that it's all natural, but everything's been staged to look natural," she says. "It is also an invention. It's just that my inventions are different. I often get asked about my artifice, but isn't fashion based on the idea that we can create a fantasy?"

In reality, though, Gaga is still committed to her documented work ethic. Even when she's not touring, she pulls 16 to 20 hour days, she tells the magazine.

"I do yoga, I do Bikram and I run, and I eat really healthy," she says. "You know, my work feeds me. I keep in shape by working hard."

See more photos of a stripped-down Lady Gaga when the October issue of Harper's Bazaar hits newsstands on September 27.

Filed under: Celebrities • Lady Gaga

1. VigRX Plus Coupon

I think to come back a day! :-)

August 6, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Anil singh patyal

Awesome idea ... Anilsinghpatyal@zimbio.com

May 2, 2012 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. rAp parody

Hip hop audio has already established many different outcomes about youngsters given that their beginning inside the delayed seventies. Whenever most people consider rap tunes nowadays, these people right away think of the ...where to download albums free

April 6, 2012 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. mmmiller

A natural beauty! She will still look beautiful years from now when she stops "dressing up". Enjoy it, GaGa.

October 6, 2011 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  5. tom

She is a way better singer than Madonna, even if she does emulate Madonna, and just as good a self-promoter. Also, I believe she is actually a true child prodigy. According to biographers she learned to play piano at 4, was accepted to Julliard at the age of 11, but ended up going to Tisch School of the Arts in NYC at 17. And she sings without auto tune, unlike many of the other "new" performers.

September 18, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jon

She looks much better without her make-up, but the resulting look doesn't quite fit her persona.

September 15, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ricksta

Nice to see Lady Caca going back to what she does best, taking it off for pay. Hopefully she'll make enough so she doesn't have to torture us with her "music."

September 12, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Minorkle

I am gaga for Gaga

September 12, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Larry

Barefaced and ugly as a busted blister.

September 12, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. meat is murder

Good Gawd!....she is a natural NY pig!....but I would still snort of mountain of blow off her even whiter pasty skinny toilet..and wash it down with a tall cold 40!!!!..BooYah!..crack rawks!!

September 9, 2011 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
  11. chauncey

I'd still do her in the a#$ tho.....PAWS UP!!!!!

September 8, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Christopher

Whether you like to admit it or not she is a very talented singer, songwriter and pianist. Even if you don't like the theatrics and craziness you should be able to admit

September 8, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Tera

I think she is ok looking! Doesn't matter how she looks anyways?!? No dice to all the mean comments!!!

September 8, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  14. narfzort

wow, now that definitely proves she is italian.

September 8, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Lance

I guess this will dispel the existence of any extra appendages "down there", once and for all... XD

September 8, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  16. diana

I'm not a huge Gaga fan but I have to admit she plays the piano fabulously, and some of her songs are great. I love how she isn't afraid to be herself, and it seems like people forget that and yet criticize her for being weird but she is being herself. What she said in this article was true, and my favorite part was when she told the magazine how they think the cover is natural but its artificial....

September 8, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mufugly

Man that Andy Dick is one old ugly lookin futhafuka!

September 8, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  18. slhrby

Lady Gaga is only one of the many that have made a lot of money being freakish. So what she looks like she hit every branch of the ugly tree, she has made herself into one that is very successful. I myself she is way out there but give her credit for being who she wants to be and can succeed off of it.

September 8, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Alex

She's ugly as well as talentless. Hopefully the attention this degenerate gets will soon be over.

September 8, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  20. sumthin-under-u

I"ll still hit that!...

September 8, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Brian

"Lady Gaga" Stefani is no NATURAL blonde, no natural anything.
    Even her success is a big prop-up. Her family is so wealthy.
    With all her wealth, it's surprising that she took that endorsement deal with the tobacco companies.
    My friend's TODDLER sings Gaga's songs. The child IMITATES the woman's moves. Gaga - this woman with no conscience - is ugly in her skin, her motivations, and her soul.

September 8, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill

Right on! Gaga is a multi-media corporately corrupted circus trick - paid to promote cigarettes to children!!! Yoga? This THING has no center.

September 8, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Chucklehead

Now I know where she got the idea for the meat dress. She's so ugly, her mother used to tied a pork chop around her neck to get the dog to play with her.

September 8, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  23. abra cadabra

My only issue with GAGA is the claim to her being original SHE IS NOT, even her male character is a rip off from the 70's star Annie Lennox only differernce is Annie was excellent at what she did.Gaga looks really goofy .... She's copied David Bowie ANd of course Madonna she has stolen from. to many to list......

September 8, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  24. erich2112x

No make up means no make up. I'm seeing a little eye shadow, some lipstick, and some face rub, whatever that's called.

September 8, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  25. x

Yawn. They always overhype these "stripped down" "au naturel" photo shoots as if we're stupid enough to believe that these celebrities actually have the balls to not wear makeup at a photo shoot. She is still wearing makeup, just not as much as we're used to seeing her wear. If this were really Gaga au naturel, why are all of these pictures in black and white besides forcefully trying to make her look "artsy"? Au Naturel would be if they took a photo of her getting out of bed in the morning.

September 8, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  26. cbornstedt

You guys really think she is a woman? lol I think most likely she is a he-she. what ever it is it's not attractive, at best her singing is mediocre her style horrible and her ability to cops/steal %100 she has nothing original she steals it from others. Why are we even talking about this trailor Trash again?

September 8, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  27. betty

I always wondered why this young woman was always in character and had gobs of makeup on...what a shame. I think her time in the spotlight is coming to a close, she's even an ugly guy........Joe Calderone was a HUGE mistake and a laughable mess.

September 8, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  28. richard

Women do not need cosmetics to be attractive to men.

September 8, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  29. buzzlmt

Reading some of these Gaga hate notes makes me realize how nasty people are. First of all Ugly is an ugky word. I wonder what these people look like who have the nerve to label her Ugly. I understand the fact that certain entertainers annoy us all and sometime you dont even know what it is about the person. For example, Katy Perry annoys me. I think shes talented but theres something about her persona that annoys me. But why the heck would i sit here and call her all sorts of names. Gaga is a pretty girl, very talented, she sings well, dances well, writes her own music, plays several instuments and has the courage to put it all out there and be outrageous. Im not easily impressed with artists but i love this girl and i hope she has the staying power that maddona has. who by the way was also verbaly trashed by many over the years.

September 8, 2011 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  30. john bayne

I am a 56 year old white male, and I actually liked one of her shows I saw. The music is ok, and I think she is geniune, different, and has a great voice. She takes care of her dad, yeah, and she looks awsome without make-up...

September 8, 2011 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  31. http://newworldorder.dyndns-web.com/

arent there more important things?

September 8, 2011 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  32. Walter

Being a child of rock n roll, I have come to apprciate the Alice Coopers, and John Lennons of the world. She is a gifted and beautiful young woman. I wish her all the best and hope she stays creative. That gig at the MTV award show was brilliant. I loved the gaping mouths. That is what performance art is all about. Shock and awe. Awsome;)

September 8, 2011 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  33. jb2817

Did she have a freshly shorn scrotum for the photo shoot?

September 8, 2011 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  34. Ted

she is impressive with her music, voice and now her natural look. I am not a fan of the outlandish outfits but her songs are good quality.

September 8, 2011 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  35. dusty

Gaga will brush a tear away from your hurtful remarks as she staggers to the bank with her bags of money.

September 8, 2011 at 3:41 am | Report abuse |
  36. itsjules

I think she's brave. It takes a LOT of guts to expose oneself sans artifice to the world (hell, even exposure WITH artifice is ballsy these days, with all the millions of hatemongers out there). I will always respect someone who takes risks, whether I like the result or not, and she's definitely a risk-taker. Would any of YOU out there expose yourselves like this on a national magazine?–or even Facebook? Hell, how many even use their real names when commenting? (I'm Jules, nice to meet you ;) )

That being said, I kinda love her face. It's not the conventional idea of "beauty," but then again, Gaga's not really the conventional idea of...anything. I find these pics compelling.

Yeah, so, I say, "Bravo." :)

September 8, 2011 at 3:28 am | Report abuse |
    • meow

Um, Gaga isn't the only one that has taken a "risk" by doing a photo shoot like this. It's annoying how Gaga fans always have to overhype EVERY thing she does as if she's the first to do it. And just so you know, she IS wearing makeup. Gaga may take a lot of risks but the thing is, she's not the first to do so (Perry and Niki Manaj do the same routine that Gaga does with the whacky costumes and "risky" stunts), and she does it so often that it's more annoying, predictable, and obnoxious than it is something to applaud her for.

September 8, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  37. Sokman

Not quite as shocking as seeing KISS without makeup for the first time...

September 8, 2011 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  38. LoveFoxx

People who wear a lot of makeup have a certain look about their face when they remove it. Their eyes looked tired and pale and the face overall is just unpleasant to look at.

She is definitely not a natural beauty.....

September 8, 2011 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  39. dam

she is but ugly !

September 8, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  40. Liliangrae

She is "almost barefaced" meaning she is still wearing make up AND even if she isn't wearing much makeup they can still Photoshop the pics. NOT NEWS.

September 7, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  41. mr. fibuli

Cmon. Those are pics of Owen Wilson.

September 7, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  42. PaulMc1981

Haters are always going to hate. Too bad they can't tolerate a true artist with talent.

September 7, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • LoveFoxx

Too bad her sad attempt to be "different" is getting old. Yes she has a great voice but after seeing her dress up like a man for the VMA's and act like an ass to get a rise out of people, it just made her look pretty desperate for attention and made her cheesy....

September 8, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  43. Nicelady

What a beautiful girl.

September 7, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  44. SKY

FACT: GAGA – THANK YOU FOR ACCEPTING YOUR LOOKS.....
    THIS IS A "BIG" STEP FOR YOU.....
    YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL BEING "YOU" NEVER FOR GET THIS.
    SAY, I AM BEAUTIFUL JUST BEING ME...SAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN..

September 7, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  45. steve

I think its funny seeing all of the negative comments, but if you look at any magazine cover those women are heavily made up, DO you think that they would be "pretty" if you took off all of their make up? I have met a super model and without all the war paint she was NOTHING to write home about, uneven skin tone a lot of blemishes, yet the one I met used to be one of the Highest paid super models around in rock videos and on Many Many magazine covers. I was Shocked at how she looked in Reality. I think Gaga looks a hundred times better.

September 7, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  46. aliek

you are all haters she looks so good yall are stupid if you think shes ugly

September 7, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Drew Blair

The hater's have a 1st grade education they know nothing about Lady GAGA and are all jelous of her fame!

September 8, 2011 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  47. fran glass

she is absolutely beautiful. :) I wish she would look like this or like Joe all of the time.
    I think she is lovely either way.

September 7, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  48. not jealous

not jealous. amused at how much money she is making off of you unsuspecting addicts of popular culture.

September 7, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Justin Bieber

I wish I was that pretty.

September 7, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  50. noyb

Wow. She is rather attractive without all the elaborate adornments.

September 7, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  51. IMA PUNCHU

now I know why she hides underneath all that make-up & weird costumes.......SHE IS UUUUGGLLLYYYY! she is making up for her grotesque self. no matter what, she is horrible looking.

September 7, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  52. blinded

why in the world did they photograph her barefaced?????? I don't want nightmares!

September 7, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Maverick

That is one ugly dude!!!!!!!!

September 7, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  54. BAK

Just as ugly and dumb looking without the makeup.

September 7, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  55. tracie

Ok I don't know her personally, but I would love to watch a man inside her while doo doo is coming out her and his butthole at the same time.

September 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Truth hurts

I like her singing actually and think she is very talented as a singer, songwriter and media icon.

However, she is one PLAIN looking woman – no wonder she wears masks and outlandish make-up – that's a face made for radio. Not hating, just stating a clear and apparent fact (and she knows it, hence the disguises).

September 7, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Bill

I'm not a Lady Gaga fan. I don't dislike her work either, as it is mostly harmless fun.

I will say, that she has the most beautiful eyes of any woman I have seen since: Betty Davis.

She certainly has, just like the song says, "BETTY DAVIS EYES!"

She is stunningly beautiful.

September 7, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Ellen Watkins

I love her ,she is so talented, and this is the first time I've seen her face like this. Very interesting face,beautiful and different.She should go ala natural.

September 7, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Mickey

Mickey likes.

September 7, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  60. dangit

Black and white shots, probably has foundation on and shading of features as well.
    Sad state of popular music that we are not even talking about the music anymore,

Tracey Chapman wouldn't have a chance today. Who's to blame? Maybe talent agents who are looking for acts that can be exploited far beyond record sales. If they can't get a perfume deal, forget it.

September 7, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Schessermitt

I agree, funny thing is, she is doing what ugly people need to do to make it big now. Completely hiding their flaws in any way possible by completely distracting people with ridiculous outfits that are probably made by 4th graders.

September 7, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  61. NoGr8rH8r

Is that a shocking cover? Who ever said she was a model ? The girl can sing, which is all that matters.

September 7, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Schessermitt

"I do yoga, I do Bikram and I run, and I eat really healthy" Isn't this the same person who introduced us to some idiot's "drunk diet"?

September 7, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Fiona

"Basically barefaced" in a fashion mag means light foundation, mascara, sheer lipstick or lipgloss...and then the elaborate process of Photoshop to make her look perfect. The same thing was done with Jessica Simpson a while back. the photos were beautiful, but they were a far cry from natural. I think it's genius to do a feature on the real person behind the artifice, but it's dishonest marketing to claim that she'll be "barefaced.". That kind of lying by the beauty industry is what makes women hate their own looks. If we all had stylists and magic wands that Photoshopped the faces we present to the public each day, there would be a lot less bad plastic surgery and abuse of line fillets.

September 7, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Maniacmudd

I think this is one beautiful and supreamly talented woman, and even MORE beautiful without makeup. You haters are jealous little girls with yer panties all in a bunch!

September 7, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Aaron

A paper bag with slits for the eyes would have been preferable.

September 7, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  66. SPW

She reminds me of Amelia Earhart in the third picture.

September 7, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  67. MDaniels

I couldn't care less about Gaga, what annoys me is how many people I know who say things like "Normally I hate that kind of music, but I really like Lady Gaga. She writes her own material, y'know?" Hey, that's super. But it doesn't really mean much to me considering her material absolutely sucks.

September 7, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Andy

So much prettier than I would have expected. She's beautiful without all the gimmicks and crap.

September 7, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  69. leftover

I wondered what she looked like under all the goo. I'm only mildly disappointed. I thought she would look more like Bob Dylan. I wonder if this will negatively affect all the Little Monsters in my neighborhood. A negative affect on Little Monsters could send ripples…of something… through our national security apparatuses. A vacuum caused by a High Fashion Meltdown could leave the folks at DHS with even less oxygen than they have now. Gasp! And Gasp Again!

September 7, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Dr. Mumbai

___ F U G L Y ! ___

September 7, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  71. georgieboy

Natural beauty can never be duplicated or ignored; and this woman is beautiful. Beautiful for her strength, determination, courage and honesty. More people should take a page from her book...

September 7, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  72. tcp

HOT HOT HOT! Yes, she is wearing some makeup but not too much...and she looks great.

September 7, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Gaga's a guy

You guys are idiots to believe that she dooesn't have any makeup on in these 3 pictures.

September 7, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Chzwiz, Las Vegas, NV

She looks a lot better than most women without makeup. Originally I thought she would be here and gone in a few months. She surprised me. She has some real talent.

September 7, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  75. glyder

the lefts sara palin?

September 7, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  76. ES

What is wrong with you people? You think she is ugly? Then who is up to your standard? Granted, she is no Miss Universe, but she is pretty enough and has a personality. If that is ugly then the rest of us have no chance. The ugly human race is going to die out because men demand 6 feet tall size 0 20 y.o. girls with perfect faces and DD cups, lol. And they should be rich also, and make no demands. But what do YOU have to offer in return, I might ask?

September 7, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • CNN Babysitting Service

It's all one kid, starting around three pm every day. When his mom gets home at five, she'll make him stop and post an apology. She needs to just take his computer away.

September 7, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  77. ProudWolverine

blah, blah, blah – one word captures it all : FUGLY

September 7, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  78. That Guy

I don't know who takes offense more... Justin Beeper fans or Lady RaRa fans!!!!

September 7, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  79. lady kaka

Poor woman ineed for more attention. Some one give her a hug please............. she really needs it!

Lady kaka

September 7, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Looks like the drugs have really kicked in. By this time next year she'll look like Keith Richards

September 7, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  81. the_dude

Who is this guy and what is he famous for?

September 7, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Contradicting

Funny how Gaga speaks about doing yoga and being healthy, yet can scarf down cigarettes at the VMA's... A bit contradicting don't you think?

September 7, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • iceandsnow3

Amen! She has bragged about how much weed she smokes and how much liquor she drinks. I'll admit though that she looks 1000 times better without all the makeup. I was surprised she got away with smoking on stage at the VMA's, especially when so many really young people watched the show. If she thinks portraying herself as Joe Calderone (is that his last name) gives her permission to smoke on stage she's way out in left field.

September 7, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  83. buddget

She looks high.

September 7, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Bob

She's actually not bad looking!

September 7, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  85. awdam

Still an ugly ho!!

September 7, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  86. kanakanova

An example of "less is more"......for me, these are the most appealing pictures I've ever seen of her. She should give the same treatment to her music.

September 7, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Sue

I think she is really pretty with out make-up on. very freshed faced.

September 7, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  88. jillmarie

Honestly, I think she's awesome! I love how she has dressed less outlandish lately, she looks so glamorous. Good for her for eskewing makeup for this magazine.

September 7, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Pwheeh

Her music's kinda fun... but I didn't need to see this....

September 7, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  90. KM

I don't like her musical offerings, but I do like her performance.

September 7, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Dave

Ewwwwwww. No wonder she wears so much makeup.

September 7, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Steve-O

I'd tap that.

September 7, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Pleasantly Surprised

I have often thought that it would be very easy for her to send some look-alike out into the world as herself, covered up as she always is. This is a lovely change, and now I know what her face looks like! GOOD LOOK! Stick with it, Lady!

September 7, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Kim-Mari

Personally I think she looks stunning. She's totally gorgeous without the makeup.

September 7, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Dave

RON PAUL is the People's Choice in 2012! Join the REVOLUTION!

September 7, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Gimus

She looks cute to me!

September 7, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  97. teamroper

No wonder she wears lots of makeup.

September 7, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  98. JR

The cutest I've ever seen her. I though she was hiding something really bad. As far as Madona.... she has a bad voice and she looks like my butt.PLUS SHE HAS CONE SHAPED BREAST. what up with that??

September 7, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Don

This is kind of rare that I see this, but, in my opinion, I think she is prettier without make up..I've only seen a handful of women in my lifetime that I can say that. She appears to be one of them.

September 7, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Keli

She looks as normal as the rest of us working moms/sisters/daughters/friends

September 7, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Joyce

I find her interesting, in a strange way. If you opened the story about her, you must have some kind of interest in her. Good or bad, she has your attention.

September 7, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Tony

She will strip for anything. She's got a great body and she loves to show it off. Did she really wear a fake penis at the awards?

September 7, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  103. jj

She is beautiful in every single way. Please don't bring her down. We are beautiful in every single way......

September 7, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  104. WLM

She isnt very pretty... But her music is great... Maybe she realizes she isnt a looker and goes for all the crazy antics to cover it up?? Meh.. she is a great artist nontheless

September 7, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Replyier

Actually, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. While she is not "my" type, I can appreciate that she is a very beautiful woman and her inner strength does shine through with or without makeup.

September 7, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • iceandsnow3

This post is for CAYLA, not WLM: "why you winkin at someone we ont want yo winks understand for i hit u in yo face". WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? You lost me after "why you winkin at someone". If you're going to voice an opinion the very least you can do is use proper English and spell correctly. Yo get ma point?

September 7, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  105. John

Wow, she's really attractive; I disregarded her because of the over the top make-up, but underneath it she has a really nice, cool and interesting face. Hi Stefani, you look awesome ;-)

September 7, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • cayla

September 7, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Pliny

>>"Lady Gaga is a modern day Madona."

Without the talent.

September 7, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • please

She should quit trying to be Madonna. And try to be something original. Modern Day Madonna IS Madonna. And she doesn't get Gaga's obsession with her.

September 7, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ralph

That always cracks me up. I grew up with Madonna. She was also called manly and talentless for YEARS. Now that she's 50 people finally give her a little credit. Madonna took guitar lessons so she could appear to be a little more musical. Gaga comes on the scene with more singing experience and musical talent and everyone compares her to Madonna. Too funny.

September 7, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justin

You've obviously never heard Gaga sing or play the piano. While I can appreciate Madonna's influence on pop music, I would hardly call groaning off key and fake playing the guitar talent.

September 7, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Evel Knievel

Well, this certainly explains those rumors about her having a wiener because she looks like a dude.

September 7, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leafonthewind

Look at the third pic again. Unless there's a way to surgically remove a man's "adam's apple," she's a woman.

September 7, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Now, now...

Actually, all that Adam's apple stuff is BS– anyone can have a protruding voice box, including ladies, and anyone can have a less pronounced one, as many a smooth-necked dude will attest. That said, she is in my opinion a very beautiful woman, and I don't care whether or not she has a penis. Plenty of transgender folks out there are deserving of compliments, and to assume otherwise by using that as an insult is highly insensitive.

September 7, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark C

If you think she looks like a dude, the problem is on your end, moron.

September 7, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • chris R

And MAN is she ugly! I don't see what people see in her!

September 7, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Onan the Barbarian

Actually, Freud already explained why her having a ween is so important to so many guys. Hang in there, Evel. You'll find one eventually.

September 7, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • BuzzMann

Freud was a fruitcake and Lady "he-she" Gaga is either one ugly dude or one ugly chick.Either way it's ugly .

September 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Cherries

Lady Gaga is a modern day Madona. You got to admit though, she can belt out some serious notes. If you really don't like her, don't listen to her music.

September 7, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason Streiner

lady gaga looks like a guy she is so fugly.....and whoever compared her to madonna was right in one aspect...both are white trash, you can't buy class or a british accent lol,,,are the sheep distracted yet?

September 7, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  109. gossamer

Im sure at some point she was pretty ... I love her music but she really needs to keep the make-up on ...

September 7, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leafonthewind

Why? What does her appearance have to do with her music? Removing the makeup doesn't change her voice, does it? Your comment was just a little mean.

September 7, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ralph

Can we see a photograph of you?

September 7, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • steve

Define "pretty" Pretty is subjective and open to debate. I like the fact that she challenges convention and isnt afraid to be just who she is.

September 7, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • master bayshun

its funny how u say what does her looks have 2 do with her voice,wel why is she in a fkin magazine then. Get off her nutz. all yall keep calling her a legend this and one of the greatest that. in my opinion 2 be a legend u have 2 put in work and be on the top end for many a years. i can tell certain ones in this room are young minded ppl. All u ppl get on top of gagahater for voicing his opinion and calling him a troll. let me explain something to you all, u are worst than a hater himself. atleast he explains his views and moves on. you ppl crucify him again and again for his opinion. all i have read is ppl at the bottom talking bout gagahater instead of gaga himself lol. U are worst than christians who guilt trip 2 come 2 church. U call him names cuz hater dont share ur views(troll) u keep goin & goin on the same person as if someone is going to come and ask u all 2 line up single file and hand u all a piece of her pubic hair for ur "honor",'strength'and commitment. get a life!!! "i bet she's counting her money cuz of haters like u" guess what ur not there counting it with her. as much as haters are a joke to ppl like her,dik riders are even worse.

September 8, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  110. Ralph in Orange Park, FL

OMIGOD, I'M TURNING TO STONE!

September 7, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • phearis

Good! Just do it quietly and let pigeons poop on your head. ^_^

September 7, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark David

Ralph, glad you are turning to stone. We won't have to read your garbge postings any more.

September 8, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Ray

I thinks she's done a great thing. So many women on the screen, like newswomen, actresses, etc., wear so much make up it's distracting. Some almost look clown like with so much make up. You have no idea what they really look like. Why do they hide so much? It's great to see Lady Gaga have the confidence in herself to show her true look. Hope others follow her example. Thanks Lady Gaga, you're great!

September 7, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  112. gaga hater

we also expect that you will be forgotten.... eventually. just don't get how gaga can fool so many people. oh well it's true. simple minds are easily amused.

September 7, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chadwick H.

When you're trying to make a point that people will take as being a valid objective, try not to name yourself "gaga hater" as it shows a bit of bias (and makes you look like nothing more than a troll).

September 7, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bored?

You must be or why would you bother going to an article about someone you hate? So who is really the fool? The fans or you?

September 7, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Your not liking her is certainly your right and taste, but, apart from being utterly arrogant enough to assume that because you don't like her, that everyone else couldn't possibly like her, your statement is also completely untrue. Regardless of whether you like her music or not, Lady Gaga – for her art, her music, her politics – has cemented her place in history and among music legends.

September 7, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jack

She's richer and more successful than you... get over it.

September 7, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • gagalover

And you're jealous in how many different ways?

September 7, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

You hate her so much, yet you run to atricles about her? She is as gifted as anyone out there right now. She is not my cup of tea so to speak, but denying her talent is just hating to hate. You have zero basis for any of your comments othetr than jealousy I imgaine. She is a musical prodigy whetheer you like it or not. Youre an idiot

September 7, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

She just rips off Madonna. Every single one of her songs sounds exactly like one of of the Immaculate Collection. Copy Cat with weird "style"!

September 7, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • jughead

Im with you hater, she needs to put costume back on

September 7, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • World

We have Gaga and the iPhone/iPad... both are utter trash in reality, yet loved by the masses.

September 7, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • U.S.Army-OverLord

Well at least she looks better here than dressing up as a man ;)

September 7, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

You fool!
      "eventually" is when we all are forgotten. I would however be willing to place a bet/wager that her memories/impact lasts way longer than 'yours' will!
      I'm a fan of "LGG" because i've seen her performance in its raw form (you-tube it!) and watch her play the piano! I fell in love! :-)

September 7, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ralph

Does it make you feel better to think that we are "fooled" instead of just choosing to like something mainstream or not? Most of us are very open minded. I like to DANCE to her music. Is it opera? No. Is it phenomenal? Not in my eyes. But it's fun and she's good at what she does. She is also very smart and good with business. I admire that in a woman or man.

September 7, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fifth Elephant

How is she fooling people? She looks the way she looks, she sounds the way she sounds. Sounds as if someone's a little bit jealous.

September 7, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • photomstr

We? Delusions of grandeur equal to your claimed faults of L. GaGa. Venomous hate like this led me to investigate the woman. I don't like most of her stuff but I found a few powerful and moving songs. Thanx for the incentive to learn and grow. If I didn't know better (and I don't) cynical marketing agents might just post these negative notes to achieve results thusly. NO news is bad news and any response is FREE ADVERTISING. How about that – haters actually strengthen Lady Gaga's marketing position! You Go Girl!

September 7, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob

Looks pretty hot without makeup.

As for the "gaga hater" – I am not a fan of Lady Gaga but she is living large, is successful, wealthy and is loving life, while the rest of us are posting anonymously to these sites and toiling away...

September 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • steve

Because if you were a musician or singer you would see she actually CAN SING and doesnt fake it or make weird sounds or isnt studio produced, she is the real deal I wish more contemporary artists had her ability, there are very few who do, Yeah she is out there but she has the talent to back it.

September 7, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • ladygagaslittlemonster

and you suck to cause your a hater, lady gaga is the best thing that has ever happened to music, she will be remembered and nothing you say can ever change what any real monster thinks, and it was stupid on your part to come here if you don't like lady gaga, your just jealous cause she's got more talent and is more successful than you and has around 15 million (and more) fans, and you don't.so get over yourself.

September 7, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • girl penis

dam I hope they dont show his penis

September 8, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • jaxson

It is nice to finally see "her." Women underestimate their natural beauty way too much.

September 8, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • jean

yuck

September 8, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Anastasia

She is challenging people's views... Must be working because a few of you are having such strong reactions. I don't understand the feeling that someone must please others with their looks. It's pretty self centered to think that they "must" make you attracted to them in order for them to have value. I'm happy to find her so human with normal looks that are solid and therefore in my world, beautiful.

September 8, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Stingray40

I don't eve really care for her music that much or crazy styles, but I give her credit for doing this. Heck even KISS went years before taking off the makeup.

September 8, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimbo

Lady Ga Ga represents everything gone wrong with the music industry since the conception of mainstream music videos. She isn't pretty enough to sing in front of a camera or hot enough to sell posters and crap, so someone, and I bet it wasn't her, coached her into this act during a marketing meeting. Before videos and visual mass marketing, it didn't matter what you looked like, as long as you had talent enough to sell records. In the 70's, you could turn over a record cover and see the ugliest musicians with their crazy ugly hair and it didn't matter. Now, if you aren't good looking enough, airbrush, costumes, wigs and crazy makeup will distract the sheep enough to buy the music...

September 8, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |