Kate Hudson's dad ready to 'tell all' in new book
September 7th, 2011

Kate Hudson's dad ready to 'tell all' in new book

Kate Hudson may be a privileged actress, but she’s about to experience one of the downsides of fame – relatives writing tell-alls.

According to Radar Online, the star’s dad, Bill Hudson, has a book coming out titled “2 Versions: The Other Side of Fame and Family” (which also seems to have two titles: Online retailers display it as "So You Are a Star: The Other Side of Fame and Family").

It's expected to detail Bill Hudson’s marriage to Goldie Hawn and his complicated relationship with their actor children, Oliver and Kate Hudson.

"Life in the spotlight is not without its consequences, and the Hudson family was no exception," the book's website reads.

Bill, 61, was married to Goldie from 1976 to 1980, during which time the couple had Oliver and Kate. Shortly after their divorce, Goldie met life partner Kurt Russell.

The book description says that after the divorce, “Bill found himself in the middle of the controversial issue of parental alienation.”

Bill Hudson has previously accused Kate of being a  “spoiled brat” who's "neglected" her Alzheimer’s-stricken grandmother.

"Kate doesn't have to talk to me and she doesn't have to give her a dime of her millions," he said in an interview with RadarOnline in January. "All I want is for her to call and say, 'Hi grandma,' before it's too late… She should help her grandmother." He also wants the actress to meet her little sister.

"I love Kate," he said, "but... She has done stuff which is just awful.”

Bill, who found fame with 1970s group The Hudson Brothers, also married “Laverne & Shirley” star Cindy Williams.

The book's website says that "Bill is ready to share his fascinating Hollywood stories of life as a teen idol and husband to two famous women, Goldie Hawn and Cindy Williams," adding, "Hopefully, at some point, this family will be able to have a healthy adult relationship before it's too late."

Bill Hudson’s book will be released on November 1. Will you read it?

1. automated link building

Hi there, just changed into alert to your weblog thru Google, and located that it is truly informative. I'm gonna watch out for brussels. I will be grateful should you proceed this in future. Numerous other folks might be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

September 22, 2012 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
  2. Molybdenum Studios Photography

Kate's beauty is back... but did she ever had this terrible nose job or is it on the makeup? @_@

October 5, 2011 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
  3. MAI

why are we worry about these silly people..don't bother responding any further to this stupidity.
    however since i'm here...GO BILL

September 21, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Linda

thank you with all my heart to everyone who posted encouragement to me. I have been seeing a Psychologist since my daughter ran away, but it doesn't help. I never got over my first child that was kidnapped when he was 4 1/2. I over protected my 20 year old daughter who ran away 1 1/2 years ago. I know the pain never goes away, I still look for my son and I know I'll always watch for my daughter to come back home. I can't wait much longer. The phone rings, I wonder if it's her, the doorbell, a knock, I watch the driveway, I wait at the windows, I sit in the dark, all just waiting. I cry everyday. I feel guilty for living because her last words to me were, Momma, when you're dead, I'll come back home. I always felt I would die for her, then why haven't I? I'm waiting, hoping, I believe in Angels. Thank you to my Angels on CNN for writing.

September 20, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Carol

Stop playing psychiatrist Bradley. Your doing what everyone else is doing and reading up on all the gossip.Obviously there are hard feelings in that family and probably always will be.

September 20, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  6. brown

I'll bet Kate's kitty is very sweet!

September 19, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. gwen01

LINDA H., did you watch Anderson Cooper today. It was amazing to watch the son interview his iconic mother but these people had tragedy and they encourage people like you to wait because you will come back from darkness into light. Your daughter made a decision but just wait, either you will accept it and move forward or she will find down the road that she needs you. Do not ever think of ending things, ever please. We suffer loss in all forms but humans have an amazing ability to move forward with strength and determination. Never give up, never give up HOPE. I hope you read this and if you cannot be there for your daughter, there is someone out there who might need you...we are all here for a reason.

September 19, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. gwen

I think that he is "so ooover" building a relationship with Kate and Oliver. I wonder what happened but on the other hand I feel Goldie did not do anything to ensure that there was any relationship. I truly believe after Kurt walked Kate down the aisle, that was the final straw. I say, "write the book," because your kids will not be there for you when your old. You will need some financial stability and this is the only way to get it. Kurt should have tried to ensure that these kids that aren't his made an effort as long as you did but I really think parental alienation came into play and of course these kids went with the parent with the money. I loved your show when I was a kid and I don't blame you for writing the book. Goldie has been running the show for a long time so go ahead and say your peice.

September 19, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lori

He will never have a good relationship with her now.

September 19, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Team Kate

I remember the Hudson bros. They had like one hit and one of those typical crappy 70's variety shows. As I recall Bill was a drunk / cheat and signed away his parental rights. He probably still wouldn't want anything to do with Kate if she didn't have $$$$. She probably barely knew her grandmother and I doubt her grandmother would even know who she is having Alzheimers anyway. I hear he's also trashing his ex Cindy in the book too. A total D-bag!

September 14, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jan

I don't think anyone can know what this family has gone through. Divorce is always ugly and only benefits the kids if the marriage has been abusive. Ask most kids what they want and it's mom and dad to "just get along like they tell us to do." We don't know if bio-dad was a complete jerk or not. Maybe he wanted a relationship with his kids and Goldie just made it too impossible. Maybe he was terrible and deserved to be banned from his kids. Maybe he is just out for the money now–but if you live in the public eye ou have to take the good with the bad. I don't think we can "know" just because Goldie and Kurt are a couple of cuties.

September 14, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • jan

So, I might read the book–but I won't believe it just because it's in print–and I won't judge any of them because I don't and won't know the whole story after I finish.

September 14, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  12. marge

kate honey: you can do a-rod, you can do a truce with dad. actually it might be a good move for you career.

September 13, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Maria

Linda H

Thank you for your kinds words. Please don't give up!

September 12, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Maria

Linda H

I'm so sorry you have to go through the same thing. It is so hard I know. It's not your fault and maybe one day
    your daughter will come back and willl be the daughter you long for. I know I hope for this one day myself.
    Please don't ever take your life you are a wonderful person and your life is very important.
    I try and get up everyday and just move on I miss my granddaughters so much it hurts. My daughter also.
    Please don't give up, there is always hope as long as we keep hope alive.
    Children just don't understand the love we have for them. All I can see is my daughter even after having
    her three precious daughters didn't learn this.
    We will make it through this heartache and become stronger for it. I know you are huting but please
    keep living and loving you have so much to give the world.
    Hugs Linda!

September 12, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. wow

You people are amazing. You don't know anything about the man (or his daughter for that matter – you see her in movies and interviews. She's an ACTRESS. None of us know the real person.) and are inferring your worst thoughts to be truths. It's HIS side of the story between him and his family. And you don't know what he's been doing all these years just because it hasn't been printed up in some gossip column or show. Why are people SO judgmental of people they don't even know? Everyone has a story and they they can tell it or not last I checked. I doubt he needs or wants his daughter's money. Jesus. That's about the simplest first thought to latch onto I suppose. The thoughts so many people are willing to put out there onto a forum is just plain sad. Sure I might have 'fleeting' thoughts and judgments about others but I don't put them in print and I quickly realize they are incorrect judgments. There's no way I (or you...) can know what is in the heart and mind of someone else and vice versa.

September 12, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  16. jm

bill is not cashing in.....he's annoying which she deserves..neither bill, that wooooonderfulll kurt, gold and kate have not had hits in years...the goldies' should just keep quiet....

September 12, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  17. Julia Hugo Rachel

No, I will not read the book. I do not believe in "airing family laundry in public". Best Wishes to Goldie and her Family.

September 11, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  18. Maria

There are two sided to every story. My daughter up and left my life because her dad is a doctor and wants all
    his money and house. I was the one that worked hard and tried to give her a wonderful loving home. I took her
    to the doctors, dentist, eye doctor, took care of her when she was ill I thought I did everything I could to show her
    I loved her and at the age of 28 she up and left me and took my three granddaughters out of my life.
    I still don't know to this day what I did that was so wrong. I was never respected by my daughter and always
    heard howwonderful daddy was. Daddy wasn't there when she was sick, or when she had her little babies.
    So please do not judge this man we don't know what he has endured by this family.
    Maybe he would like to tell his story to bring peace to his life. Who knows what Goldie and Kate have said
    about him in the past.
    Maybe this is his way to move on with his life. Children are not always blameless and parents are not
    always at fault when children hurt and break their parents hearts. I never expected what I got from my
    daughter that is for sure.

September 11, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Linda H

My heart goes out to you. I know how you feel. My only daughter left my life 1 1/2 years ago to be out on her own because her friends told her to. I have no idea if my only beloved daughter is alive, in pain, sick or needs me. She was my life & I lived for her 100%. Children get caught up in what others tell them and they believe it's right. They don't understand how much we love them. I guess I loved her too much & she didn't have to learn to love me back. The pain doesn't go away, but I hope you can find some peace, even if only a little, sometimes. I think about ending my life all the time, don't let this happen to you. Get help.

September 12, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  19. michael lamport

nobody will understand this, but, Bill, I am still whistling. And still having a beverage in hot tubs looking at the stars. xo

September 10, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  20. sillystuff

mj is right...both golden girls have not had movie hits in yrs...and kurt? when has he dont anything...i fell also she should just patch it up with her biological father.

September 9, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • mj

thanks sillystuff...its the truth...the 3 of them have done nothing in years!...Miss Kate needs to get busy and call her father.... we could call her the 4th hudson brother....LOL...only kidding bill..i think you should reunite with your brothers
      and stick it right in their faces...

September 14, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Mike

There may be a lot of truth in what this guy has to say. But, it's not really a self respecting manly thing to do to air his family's laundry in public. In the end, it's always about the money. Sounds quite cheap and nasty really.

September 9, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • gina

i agree mike..however...the golden girls need to grow up and get out of their fantasy...and i agree with most reviews...kurt , goldie and kate have done nothing in yrs in terms of hit movies..so they really should not
      poke any insults to bill...i think the hudson brother should come out with album...many people loved those guys...
      and i feel they'll have a hit...kate has no respect.

September 9, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • BigRu

Parents facing alienation by a custodial parent rarely have any sort of recourse, whether you have money or not the courts just don't care if the other parent interferes in the relationship. I'm glad he's doing this, maybe a little public humiliation of such a big name like Goldie Hawn will shine some light on the 44% of divorced parents that face this very real predicament.

September 17, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  22. mj

while i'm on the subject of kurt...he has not had a hit movie in years and neither has goldie...yet Bill we trash because he has not done much? spare me.

September 9, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • J

Get a clue, Bill is getting trashed because he claims to want a relationship with his daughter yet is writing a book about how horrible he thinks she is. He is an idiot who clearly only wants money and is annoyed because he isn't getting any of his daughters.

September 11, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • MAI

BILL GO FOR IT...

October 20, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  23. gc

Reading all the comments about Bill Hudson's book, all I have to say is "who cares".

September 8, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  24. mj

kate and oliver hudson look like bill..she may have her moms figure but she's a bill hudson...take out the blond and the makeup..put some jeans and sneakers and you can sing....so you are a star? plse.

September 8, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Jo

Goldie Hawn and her look-alike daughter are so full of self-importance they will realize the error of their ego-driven ways when it is all too late. Whatever Bill Hudson's failings were as a father and indeed, a human being, could be handled with forgiveness. Particularly by Goldie & Co. who espouse dyed-in-the-wool hippie-dip values and profess to be spiritually "enlightened." I hope Mr. Hudson blows the lid off these two phoney's and their sad, sad lives.

September 8, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • mj

I still say bill doesn't want the money..he wants respect and he deserves it...we know alll about how great kurt is..
      who cares about kurt....she needs ot patch it up with her father..the reason she does not know her father is because of miss goldie worrying about Bill going after the money...;..Stupid.

September 9, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  26. Janie Hart

I for one will not be buying this guy's book. If he was truly concerned about family unity, he would not be writing a book trashing his family! He had 2 famous wives and they probably both supported him. Never heard of the Hudson Brothers.

September 8, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  27. abra cadabra

Where there's smoke there's fire..I remember years ago he also made the same claim that Goldie always made it very difficult for him to communicate with his children...I believe there is some validity in what he has to say.... I also think Kate acts like a spoiled BRAT! she would star in a grocery store opening if it paid her enough..I will never pay to see another movie she is in, it's usually a big loser....One things for sure, she ain't her mama....

September 8, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  28. emma

"tell-all" = no class

September 8, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • pam

I totally agree. However, I think Bill is desperate to be heard. He has tried to be heard for a long time in private and in court, and he has always gotten the shaft.

September 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Frank T

What do you expect from someone who dated A-rod?

September 8, 2011 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
  30. Namaste

Hollywoods equivalent to looking for money between the sofa cushions, the "tell all" book. Very original.

September 8, 2011 at 4:57 am | Report abuse |
  31. Nolagurl

Not sure this is the way to fix family problems. Why do people think airing personal information like this is going to make it better.

September 8, 2011 at 4:43 am | Report abuse |
  32. Sokman

I'd drink Kate's bathwater, then wipe the lint off my chin with pages from Bill's book.

September 8, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  33. Teresa

My main interest in the book is information on the Hudson Brothers since there isn't much out there and this is as close to a biography of these guys as there ever will be. I'll just have to wade through the stuff on Goldie, Kate and the rest and consider it the price of admission.

September 7, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • barboid

I'm with you, Teresa. I adored these guys in their 'heyday' (sp?) but could never hear their songs on the radio. I used to comb the TV Guide to find when they appeared on Dinah, Merv or Mike D's shows. I was a total fan. There are two sides to every story, but I seem only really interested in his (and his brothers').

September 8, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
    • mj

i don't think the goldie and kate are exactly angels....i want to see what bill' hs to say...he doesn't want money...he's just breaking her chops because she has no respect for her father...good for him

September 8, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Val

This book is a plea for attention. This book won't open the reunion door, and was not intended. No, I do not plan to read this one. I'll wait for the Goldie\Kate rebuttal book

September 7, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • mj

he doesn't want to open the doors, he just wants to bust her chops. Billy is not too nice and neither are the hawn bimbos...

September 8, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Lori

He says, "Hopefully, at some point, this family will be able to have a healthy adult relationship before it's too late."

Well this oughta get that healthy family relationship going, brilliant Bill, you are just another money grubber. Wish I could air some family dirty laundry and get paid for it. ;) Make sure you spend your profits on G'ma Bill.

September 7, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  36. d jones

I certainly believe she's a brat – kinda gets around, too. But I love her Mom!

September 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Marsha

If Bill Hudson was such a caring,loving father like he is portraying himself to be, then why didn't he make an issue out of being a part of his kids lives when they were younger? Why is he casting his parental disabilities onto Goldie Hawn? He was just as popular as Goldie back in the day.
    It doesn't matter if Kate Hudson can act or not. What seems apparent is that she has the money her father has always dreamed about. Now because Goldie Hawn & Kate Hudson have had great success and Bill Hudson's career has fizzled...he wants to milk as much money as he possibly can from his book. I think the guy should be embarrassed of himself. No wonder his bratty kids want nothing to do with him. What a disgrace!

September 7, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • pam

He has tried to work things out for YEARS. This story has been in the news for years as well.

September 8, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  38. DeAnna1

So many of these so called celebrity children simply can NOT act, Kate acts like herself in all her movies, whatever happen to taking acting classes? It appears as if 'greed' came into play with Goldie, come on...if his career was headed south and your's north give the guy a break! It sounds like Kate is taking after Goldie...I mean how great is Kurt Russell really, comes and goes like the wind, girl here girl there, and home life is just one big happy family. Oh please! Fantasy time...the whole lot is nothing but Hollywood Bev Hills phoney stuff....

September 7, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  39. sue

I would not pay a plug nickel for this bitter man's book. If you can write dirt on your own child just to make a dollar, then
    you get the relationship with that child that you deserve.

September 7, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  40. ma11

thats right cj78–it looks like goldie made sure they went against their dad...how pathetic...

September 7, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  41. cj78

When Goldie and Hudson divorced, he was quite popular and making good money–more than Goldie. So in the divorce, he had to pay her alimony. As his fame, opportunites, and money decreased, Goldie's star was on the rise. She made Hudson continue to pay the same child support amount, even though he was making way less money than at the time of the divorce. He needed to have the monthly amount reduced. She wouldn't compromise even though she was very successful and making more than enough money to compensate for his reduced income. Quite a sad story because Goldie also turned their kids against their dad. Goldie is the one who is all about the money.

September 7, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • RL

You have no idea what you are talking about. Child support is not about reduced payments because you failed as an entertainer or you feel the other makes more money than you. It is YOUR obligation to pay for YOUR kids – Bill is another Dead-Beat dad who is now airing Dirty Laundry for the price of a ticket on the $$ Train. He is a looser and an idiot, and was never talented or well respected. If Goldie is so untalented as so many say – how did she become so famous and so "rich" You and those like you are nothing more than jealous, lazy fk-ups who haven't got anything better to do than write your vile dialog at others hoping to salve your insignificant lives. Your the looser – BIG TIME!

September 7, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • PT

Hey RL, child support can and does daily get changed when you make more or less money. If you lose your job and can only find a job that pays 3/4 of what you made before, you are allowed to go to court and ask for it to be reduced to reflect your current income. Same as if the other parent all of a sudden makes 3 times more than you, you can again go to court and ask for it to be reduced because you now make 25% of the total income between the 2 parents. It is done so that the child/children can have similar lifestyles in BOTH houses. People here in Canada are lucky because the Federal Government set the child support ammount on what your gross income is, those in the US show the world daily the greed people have there. ( I don't care if I make a million a year and the father only makes 100K now...I still want my 25K a month child support). Try to think if the shoe was on the other foot for a change and see if you'd like it. We will never know the 100% truth form either side of that family because it's perceived differently from everyone.
      And calling a poster a loser because you think his post is bunk, shows your true RL integrity

September 7, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Janie Hart

HIS daughter had the same needs even tho his income was less.

September 8, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • AMcCaffrey

If parents who are married see their income reduced, then their children have to learn to make do with less. Happens all the time. Why should that be different because the parent's are divorced? There's a big difference between what a child needs and what a child wants or is accustomed to having ...

September 8, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • RS

cj78
      Any time a parent's income decreases, they can take the other spouse to court and ask for a reduction in support – It's up to the judge if it decreases, NOT the other parent. So his whinning aboput that is not true, just a way to make Goldie look bad. Unfortunatley it has back fired and he looks bad. As with most men it's the mother's fault that the child has no relationship with the father, It has nothing to do with the fact that the father only called his kids to argue with the mother, if he bothered to call at all. Which Bill Hudson admitted in an interview on T.V.

September 12, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  42. comment

speaking of Oliver...anybody notice how much he looks like bill hudson...

September 7, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  43. comment

where is oliver..he always seems to be hiding...get busy ollie and call a truce with your father. another brat of goldie's

September 7, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Lewis

He must be out of money. He is right though. She has been spoiled all her life and she will never have to worry about money which is good because she can't act.

September 7, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  45. comment

kate needs to pull back and get off her high horse and talk to her father like other daughters do......goldie should mind her own business...she's grown up to screw around..then she should be grown up to face the music with her father...
    and that's it.

September 7, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  46. comment

kate has not had a true hit other then the first movie she made...i don't feel she can act...goldie hawn has not done great stuff either other then her dumb bunny routine...bill hudson needs to chill out and should have focused a little better on his career...he was histerical with his brothers and should have kept that part of his life going....

September 7, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  47. jarose

"Hopefully, at some point, this family will be able to have a healthy adult relationship before it's too late." And he thinks this will actually happen after sharing all these private details with the public? I don't think so...

September 7, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kris

You're not kidding. The book is pretty counterproductive to improving the relationship with his kids.

September 7, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Tom Leykis

BIll Hudson is right, plus she's has no talent.

September 7, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Leafonthewind

"I love Kate, but . . . " Right. He loves his daughter so much, he's willing to completely trash her just to make himself some money. I'm sure glad he doesn't "love" me!

September 7, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Bostonian

This guy is a LOSER. He complained about his divorce from Goldie and that he didn't get enough money, and now he wants to badmouth his own daughter. It's no wonder that Kate has always called Kurt Russell dad. If he really cared about his daughter he would reach out to her in an adult way and not write a tell-all. Bottom line, she's got money.............................................................................and he wants it!

September 7, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • TO BOSTONIAN..

ISN'T KURT RUSSELL'S SONS NAME BOSTON OR is it BOSTONIAN...BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
      WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

September 14, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Marcus

Hmmm, who is Bill Hudson? Her father? Never heard anything about him until now. If this guy was such a star why isnt he taking care of his own mother?

September 7, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee G

Marcus~ You must be pretty young if you don't know who Bill Hudson is.

September 19, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  52. jack

who cares...she's not a big name, rides on the coat tails of her mother and so far...hasn't done anything notable. who cares. he is just doing to her what she did to him...fair is fair.

September 7, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  53. jurby

sounds like dear ol' daddy is upset that he's been left out of his famous daughter's fortune and fame.

September 7, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  54. sasha

the guy sounds about as classy as Michael Lohan. You can whine and point fingers all you want behind your written words, but that does not make it truth and its not right to be expecting us to judge her character by her ousted father. People are just so quick to judge then dump all over people.

September 7, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  55. jillmarie

He is doing it for the money, I'm sure. No wonder Kate doesn't tralk about him or to him. This guy may even be the reason why Goldie has written off marriage! WHAT A LOSER! Who knows if Kate phoned the grandma- but I find it odd he brings up her millions and says he doesn'[t want a penny of it.

September 7, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Blame the guy for why Goldie won't marry? It's never the women's fault. You women are pathetic. Kate never had to work a day in her life, so I believe her father when he says she's a spoiled brat. Just look at how she sleeps around. Yuck!! That women needs a reality check. Good for Dad.

September 10, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Joyce

Anyone who ignores a family member with Alzheimer's is just plain no good. Can't imagine being so low. I wonder what other dirty little secrets will be in his book.

September 7, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • bakes

Kate calls her every week. Grandma just doesn't remember!

September 7, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leafonthewind

So, you're willing to assume that everything this guy says is true? Really? That's so gullible.

September 7, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mo

It could very well be that if she wasn't close to her father, she wasn't close to her paternal grandmother. It's hard enough to visit my grandmother with dementia when I know her well; if I wasn't close to her as a child I probably wouldn't go. And, I know @ Bakes was kidding, but it's a valid point– it could be that grandma doesn't remember any visits– I know mine doesn't! This whole thing says more about Mr. Hudson than it does about Kate. Again, there are two sides... let's hear Kate's before we buy into the bitter dad's opinion.

September 7, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • karen MS

What if it's a big fat lie coming from her father, you know there are a few of them out there.

September 8, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  57. *I Want 2 Tease U With Wonton Soup*

D@mn barry..lol. Anyway, I'm glad I don't have a pig like that for a father.

September 7, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Pliny

Traci!

I'm so glad you are back after the looong weekend.
    It's refreshing to hear you tell the SAME JOKE again and again and again.

Most people find that to be boring...but not you!
    You are special!

(and when I say special, I mean retarded)

September 7, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Susan

Money must have run out from his big stint with the Hudson Brothers. He sounds like a jelous idiot, if you are not after her money, don't even bring it into the convo. How transparent, no wonder she wants nothing to do with this loser.

September 7, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jolie

Exactly right. What sane person would think writing a book to publicly berate and criticize your family would bring them closer? He's self-centered and bitter, hoping to make some bucks off his family's fame and fortune. What has Bill Hudson done since the 70's?

September 8, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
    • VirginiaCollins

It's gross how all these people who know celebs just feed off that celeb money. He's a bad person. Esp. trying to use the grandma as a guilt trip when they are clearly not all that close. He sucks.

September 8, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bradley

@VirginiaCollins I also think its gross that people sit on websites like this all night indulging their worst tendencies, such as sitting in judgment of a total stranger. Think for a moment about how irrelevant this person is to you, and then think about how irrelevant you are to him. Now take that irrelevance, and apply it to everyone you've never met, and ask yourself what you're doing with your time. This next bit goes out to everyone on here venting their general anger and quiet desperation at Kate Hudson's dad:

You are, in fact, the bad person in this situation. You don't know how to spend your time productively. Instead, you launch insults at a man WHO WILL NEVER READ THEM on this gossipy, trashy, celeb-gutter website, prolonging its awful and toxic existence as a purveyor of other peoples' private shame.

(I like to think I'm exempt because even though I'm down in this trough with the rest of you, I'm trying to tell you to get out.)

September 10, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • J

@Bradley Well aren't you just the big fat judgemental pot calling the kettle black.

September 11, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deb

you summed it up perfectly!

September 12, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Le Premier

Premier! that's french for FIRSTY!

September 7, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Maryann Rose

You a idiot.

September 8, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  62. karen MS

Barry your the biggest jerk on earth. What does Kate's dad trying to cash in on his daughters fame, got to do with her chest.
    And as for being a "ho", your an ass. Get a life dude!!

September 8, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |