Susan Lucci slams ABC exec in epilogue
September 5th, 2011

Susan Lucci slams ABC exec in epilogue

"All My Children” star Susan Lucci has found an outlet to speak on the cancellation of her long-running soap. According to the New York Post, the actress just added a scathing epilogue to the paperback edition of her book, “All My Life: A Memoir.”

Lucci, who has played Erica Kane on the ABC soap since 1970, spills on the behind-the-scenes action that she says caused the soap’s cancellation, and specifically sticks it to ABC Daytime head Brian Frons.

The ABC exec, she writes, “has what, for me, is that fatal combination of ignorance and arrogance.”

“I watched Brian Frons’ decisions destroy the production of our show and the lives of people on both sides of the country,” Lucci says.

The actress claims that in April, Frons told her that “All My Children” would be replaced by a less expensive food show. “An iconic show was losing out to greed ... If Brian Frons could show his bosses that he could save the network 40 percent ... he could keep his job even if the rest of us lost ours.”

Lucci also writes of Frons' many other misdeeds. She claims that the exec hired a new head writer in 2008 who oversaw “subpar” writing, moved the show from New York to LA, and ousted Agnes Nixon, the soap’s creator.

“I cannot fathom any network executive choosing to alienate millions of loyal viewers in these economic times."

Lucci shares that she wanted to call ABC and leave the message “F.U. - and your little dog, too,” but decided against it.Well, it doesn't look like she needs to make that call now...

The soap star's rep declined to comment, but ABC tells the Post: "We have all the respect in the world for Susan, and are sorry she felt the need to write this epilogue to an otherwise incredible career."

1. D Chesshir

First let me say, I will not be watching the Chew, Put food shows on the food channel. Second, Susan Lucci has been a great disappointment to me. She complains about how AMC was cancelled but the big reason reason was she didn't get the air time she thought she should. So like a spoiled child, she is not going to so the show on the internet. What about all the people that will be out of work? Oh, no thought to the little people that don't get the money she gets, or the other actors that are out of jobs, Stop and look at all the soap people that are out looking for work. You've made LOTS of money in the past, and live a charmed life. But I guess it's hard to see the little people from up in the clouds of the rich and famous. Sure Erica was a big part of AMC, but you know I don't like her so well, now that I see how vain and uncaring she has become.

September 26, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Bob

Not to mention, Susan Lucci is just as g*******d hot as ever. Even hotter than ever!! Hopefully we'll see more of her soon!

September 26, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Bob

I won't personally miss any of the soaps. Haven't watched them for over 20 years. But I know many people that still wach them. And the few times I've been home on a weekday in the last 20 years, there was nothing better on. I still didn't watch them, but certainly the cost to ABC in total viewership has to be more meaningful in the long run. Last I heard it was still eyeballs on advertising that actually paid the bills, in a market brimming with food and cooking shows I can't imagine one on network tv that will pull in the same number of eyeballs.

September 26, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Carolae

I, too, think it was greed as opposed to this long running soap coming to an end that has brought millions of people all these years happiness. Susan Lucci is not only a super star but she was the whole show. I bet before 6 mos. is up, Frons will be fired as he will not be able to get advertisers and the revenue that he thought he could produce. However, won't be feeling sorry for him. However, Susan had better be careful what she says, even though it is the truth. It may just come back to haunt her and she may find herself not being offered either another TV spot or a movie. I have no doubt she will come out of this unscathed and will be bigger than life on our screen within the next year. I wish her all the luck.

September 23, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. paula

I don't plan on watching the new ABC lineup either. If I want to watch another cooking show, I would turn on Food Network. I love AMC, but their story lines have been horrible the past couple of years. The Erica/Jane story line was just plain awful!! Susan deserved way better than that! And every since the cancellation announcement for OLTL, it's story lines have become ridiculous. Bringing back the original Todd, ugh!! I miss TSJ!! He was the better Todd!! Anyway, good luck Mr. Frons (sarcasim)!!

September 8, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. DNS - Austin, TX

Susan Lucci had a 40 year job and made lots of money. I have not watch AMC in 15 years. ABC is right to cut the series.

September 7, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. undaunted

Bravo ABC!! It's looong overdue! For those of you that are so OUTRAGED where were you when the ratings were falling? Are you honestly of the mindset that ABC hasn't looked at every aspect for the reason of the decline? ABC is a company, an enormous successful company and they didn't get that way from holding on to has been shows with people that you can BARELY call actors/actresses. Yes, I absolutely HATE soap operas so I'm glad to see tv trash being thrown in the hopper. And to those who decide to protest ABC's decision through boycott I say BRAVO TO YOU TOO!!! Perhaps you can use this time to do something productive with your day!!!

September 7, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jen

I'm glad Susan Lucci spoke out about how the cancellation of the soaps came about. It didn't need to happen. Many jobs were lost due to the cancellation of both soaps. As far as the new shows, I'm not interested in watching reality shows or talk shows in the middle of the afternoon, particularly the replacement shows. I'll be doing something else during my lunch hour.

September 7, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  9. rc roeder

I am sure that the "Chew" will only last a short time. I am sorry, a talk show about food and discussing it. A bit lame

September 6, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  10. joanne

The Chew.......I wont b watching,

September 6, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Geoff

Sorry Susan but TV is a business....You didn't complain when you got renewed year after year...and with a 40 year run you have little room to complain. Most TV series are lucky to get 5. In the long run they are doing you a favor. Suck it up and do something new.

September 6, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Scott

No offense to Susan... but the -only- reason her show was on television was to make money for the network. If she thinks there is some higher purpose to her job or to the existence of any soap opera, she is sorely mistaken.

September 6, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. dino

Jeff Zucker, anyone? Ruins the whole network and then gets fired.

September 6, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. RIMike

Wow. The network wanted to cut expenses so they could make more money. There's a shocker.

September 6, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Hurley

Thank you Susan Lucci and best wishes for a wonderful future.

I cant say the soaps are great television but they are a comfort to those of us who have watched them all these years. Its been nice to have an ongoing story with familiar characters to come home to view on DVR after a long tiring day at work.

I feel sorry for the Chew and other shows that get stuck in the soaps timeslots since no one will be watching but i hope ABC loses lots of money.

For all you trolls who "dont get it" – keep your stupid comments to yourself – nobody gives a crap what you have to say

September 6, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. musician1

Well, this is undeniably the most ridiculous move made by ABC. They obviously have no idea what they're doing over there. Soap operas and the like are actually good for the human psych because for a while they can help to reduce stress levels in people from all walks of life. Especially the working class. This has already been proven by numerous studies. In this economy, most people need a break. Also, it is distinctly cruel and unfair to do this to the longtime viewers who may have had fond memories of time spent with their loved ones watching the shows.

September 6, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Sally

I SOOO agree with Susan. I will boycott ABC (even shows I have enjoyed) and watch other networks. The Chew looks like a loser show with a bunch of goofballs who will replace the AMC talent. I predict it will be off the air within 6 months... Maybe ABC should learn that a smaller market share is better than none at all. And I hope that exec, Brian, who made the decision ends up unemployed and in a trailer park where he belongs.... I also plan on contacting the Chew commercial sponsors (as do many of my friends) and boycotting their products too! Greed is all these idiots understand! Disgusting!!!!

September 6, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jensen

I keep wishing another network would pick up this favorite soap opera. Im going to really miss it. And for a show I can tell I already HATE, The Chew? Ugh, sick of food shows. Gonna miss you AMC!

September 6, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  19. ~Just Gonna Stand There & Watch Me Burn~

While all you women are watching this $h!t, your husbands are on Ashley Madison website..lol

September 6, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Disgusted

Another food show – have you seen the commercials 'use a dishtowel as a napkin for messy backyard barbecues' – REALLY – who wants to watch such garbage; I've already started watching the CBS Soaps – Y&R and B&B and they're really good; at 2 pm I'll either switch to a sports show or Hallmark channel – I'd rather see Richard Thomas in the Waltons or Michael Landon in Little House on the Prairie re-runs instead of this stupid new show – ABC is totally out of touch.

September 6, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Love The Way U Lie

Starved*

September 6, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Janice

I will miss these soaps alot. It is a generation thing that you watched with your mother and daughter etc. I was upset when I heard that soapnet was going to be overtaken by a kids show. And then I hear the cancellation of these 2 beloved shows. All I know is I am not watching these cooking shows. I saw the commercial for the one and the people on their scared the crap out of me. ABC will be losing a lot of viewers because of this.

Good Luck to you Susan. Your fans all love you and support you

September 6, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Love The Way U Lie

I wonder how many of you women put as much dedication in your marraiges as you are b!t(hing and moaning about this stupid show. I'm betting your husbands are a bunch of straved stray dogs when it comes to loving relations in the bedrooms. I won't be surprised if your husbands tells people that they can't remember the last time he had any loving, or, even felt appreciated

September 6, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Brenda

I have been watching All My Children and One Life to Live since the very first day they aired, and General Hospital ..I started as a tiny girl at my grandmother's house. Even though I have always had a full time job, I would keep up with the ABC soaps by taping them daily and watching them on the weekends. And I subcribe to ABC Soaps Digest to keep up, too. I have never posted anything online before but just in case you are reading this, ABC execs, you have lost another daytime viewer. All I will watch is General Hospital and if that goes, so will I, all the way. I don't need more cooking, talk, or reality shows. So hope you're paying attention, Brian Frons...You need to be fired !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 6, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  25. D

She is hot!!!!

September 6, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Kathy

Why does this remind me of when Coca Cola came out with "New Coke", with The Chew being the "New Coke". It's the same sort of disaster. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

September 6, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  27. dtcpr

I tihnk an epilogue is not the right place for such comments (no matter how true they may be) and I for one am looking forward to seeing the Chew, I love Carla!

It's called change, deal.

September 6, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  28. dcgsquared

You go Susan! I am a professional with an MBA and diligently watch AMC on soapnet. Will miss it and Susan. I Love Lucci!

September 6, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Karyn

What is wrong with ABC??? They keep cancelling the shows people are watching. First Brothers & Sisters ends and viewers find out the "season finale" is actually the "series finale" and then the cancelled of Desperate Housewives. What gives?

September 6, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Starbuck

One Life to Live regularly beats CBS's The Talk in the ratings, which was CBS's similar ealier move to get rid of As the World Turns. But The Talk makes more money because it's cheaper to produce. So thanks for calling Brian Frons and all the networks jerks out for getting rid of AMC and OLTL, Susan, they care more about their bonus' than the jobs of hundreds of actors and crew.

September 6, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Mary

Good Bye All My Children..... Very boring..... Susan Lucci Bla Bla Bla

September 6, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  32. MD

Bunch of loser women sitting around all day watching soaps. Ooooo, rough life. GET A JOB!!!!!!!

September 6, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Katz

So the stupid executives decided to take the soaps off and put on Another talk show, Another Food Show really? We don't need anymore of these stupid reality shows. Your mistake. After the soaps are off I will watch them on the net and channel 7 has nothing else worth watching!

September 6, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  34. sdr65

Dumb or not I can't say; I'm not a TV exec. I bet they lose more in ad revenue over long term than gain by chopping production costs. Ir maybe I just hope that. I started with AMC as kid with a babysitter who had it on every day. Later I worked at a firm for 10+ years where it was on in the lunchroom. Yes, of course my responsibilities grew over time and I no longer had to eat in that room (or even could), but I could supervise a staff better partially because there was that shared interest (and I knew something of their lives). But truthfully, even years later, well removed from the traditional soap viewer (by now a VP with a fairly large operating budget), I'd still DVR it. If I missed it, no big deal, but simply the idea of these characters continuing, a little like friends, was nice. [And when an actor or actress died, it was sad - Ruth Watrick you were indelibly etched in my memory :) ] So, no, I won't be following 'The Chew'

September 6, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Sanity

Susan, you had 40 years of fancy cars and restaurants. Yes, you had to learn your lines about failed marriages, dysfunctional families and various other questionable contributions. You might be better advised if you in fact want to work again to say thanks for the memories. The network decides what they want to air, after all, they did pay your salary all these ungrateful years. Get over it, and get on with it. Maybe you should learn to cook. The food channel is doing gangbuster business, and ABC was smart enough to see that. Doubt you've done yourself any big favors, you should have stayed on script.

September 6, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Minx

Wow, must of us work between 8-5 and haven't a clue these shows are still on the air. Susan is lucky she has had a job for this long. She would never have made it in prime time or in movies. She's a B-list actress at best and knows the gravy train is over. Move along.

September 6, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  37. From the diary of Bridget Jones

If Susan was on this soap for 40 years, she must've been doing something right! You go Susan! But I'm thinking that 40 years is quite a long time, so I'm thinking she saved up enough money to retire? A note to Susan...Maybe this is your retirement call? Anyhoot, I enjoy watching her anyway... ;)

September 6, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  38. From 1 Woman 2 Other

You need 2 take care of ur man. He is more important than watching this stupidness.

September 6, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Dawn

Now i see why it took Susan Lucci 20 years to win an Emmy, she doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut. The ratings for thes soaps were plummet for years i can't beleive they made it to 2011. Veterans like Susan Lucci should thank their lucky stars that they were able to have a job for all these years and now accept it has run it's course, MOVE ON!!!!!!

September 6, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  40. kate

I started watching All My Children when I first came to U.S back in 1991 to learn english. then, I have been addicting to the show since, I am disappointed that ABC will take the show off the air. I would like to ask ABC exec, don't we have enough reality shows on the air nowadays?

September 6, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Kisa Kisa

Still not quite over this... This is the end of a legacy ...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7m56YH-lHw&w=640&h=390]

September 6, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  42. ian

who cares? fyi, thats why it was cancelled.
    if anyone were watching it, IT WOULDNT HAVE BEEN CANCELLED!!!!!!

September 6, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jimmy

People who watch soaps are morons anyway

September 6, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  44. NINA

truth is absolute defense – Susan rules

random ntrygg

September 6, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Pablo

I agree with Hal–it's Obama's fault!

September 6, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  46. Foofee

I have watched AMC, OLTL and GH as long as I can remember. I was a stay-at-home mom for 20+ years. I'd pick one of the three ABC soaps per day to watch while folding clothes during nap time for the kids. It was my escape, my time for me. I am now working, but still enjoy the soaps on days off. I have no desire to turn the TV on very often, there aren't any shows that appeal to me. Give me a good book now and I'm happy.

September 6, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  47. Mark

RIght on Susan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE SUSAN LUCCI!

September 6, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  48. Mary

I have to agree with Susan Lucci on this one.... once Frons pushed Agnes Nixon out, the show started slipping. Also moving the production to California, making cast members move their entire lives ect... only to cancel show a year later seems cruel. And God nows we nedd yet another cooking show.

September 6, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  49. teacher

You go, Bob! You took words out of my mouth! Susan Lucci, have you thanked a teacher lately?

September 6, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  50. LL

I haven't watched AMC regularly for years; since I was in college. I was always thinking I'd start up again when I retired. so I was very sad to hear it was being cancelled. Susan is AMAZING! My word that woman works her little tail off! I love Erica Kane, always have; she's good/evil all in one; her character is very human.

September 6, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  51. mejazzbo

Why dump on his dog, grandma.

September 6, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  52. Bob

So – as I understand it – Susan Lucci is upset at Frons because he cancelled a show that was too expensive and ABC couldn't afford anymore? She's upset because ABC ran some layoffs?! Uh, welcome to capitalism, Lucci. What do you think is happening every single day to regular people? Don't say they should keep you on the air for 'the fans' – that's the biggest crock of s*** I've ever heard – if the ratings were high, ABC would keep you. Clearly, it's not, so you get bumped off for a cheaper show – it's simple economics. To unleash this much vitriol at a network that MADE her rich and famous, for what is clearly a business (and not at all a personal) decision?! Wow.

September 6, 2011 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Debi77

Go Bob! She has made over a million a year for the last 20 years and I do not see her offering any of that up for her coworkers nor admitting maybe salaries like that sped up the demise of such shows. This show has been running for 40 years and she has been there the entire run, they all have had a great run and should be thankful for it.

September 6, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  53. Joyce

Loveless marriage? Maybe if you "men" watched soaps you would get a clue as to what women really want. Learn how to romance your woman, the results are "rewarding". Maybe you "men" are not attractive anymore. Bald head, big gut, BORING, anything sound familiar-hmm? Does it bother you that women like checking out all the fine men on soaps? Wishing their "men" were even somewhat close to Griff or Ryan or Zach or ... Need I continue?

September 6, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  54. ROLYAT

Susan Lucci has had a fantastic career because of that show. Did it ever occur to her that her high salary among others on the show was one of the major reasons the show was canceled ? Along with sagging ratings. Her fame from that show allowed her to branch out into other endeavors. You have millions Susan, you won't be starving. Soaps are a thing of the past.

September 6, 2011 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  55. @Carol Hoover N rest

Get a life.

September 6, 2011 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  56. Joe

True so true! marriages are ending cuz these married women dont even want to have relations in the bedroom anymore. all they want to do is watch tv. dont even cook their husband a decent meal or clean the house. Its no wonder we men have to go outside the marriage to get our needs met. when kids are grown...this man is out of his loveless marragie.

September 6, 2011 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  57. Booo

I've never watched All My Children, but I support the lashing out for this move by ABC. More and more networks are getting rid of scripted dramas for less costly trash reality TV, game shows, and talk shows. If I want reality I can go sit at the mall and stare at people. Talk shows had their place at certain time slots. Now it's a day full of them- all focused on nonsense. I hope these networks do lose money.

September 6, 2011 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  58. Mary

I would bet that all these women on here complaining about this have unkept houses and dinner is take out.

September 6, 2011 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  59. @ Sam

All these women husbands r cheating on them. Look how bend out of shape they get over a stupid tv show.

September 6, 2011 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  60. Move Along People...

Nothing here but a bunch of fat, old, nagging b!**hes with nothing else to do. G** forbid they keep a happy home and take care of their husbands and cook a decent meal. It's no wonder marriages are ending bc these "women" are just pLain lazy and all they want to do is sit all day and watch TV.

September 6, 2011 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  61. Peter

Lots of unhappy husbands out there. Maybe if you women would stop looking at this cr*p and take care of your hunsbands, homes and keep yourselves looking good, we won't have to go off and cheat

September 6, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  62. Sam

@imasoapfan..u seem to have a lot of time on ur hand 4 all the postings...get back in the kitchen b**** n make ur husband a sandwich. that's all u r good for slave.

September 6, 2011 at 6:58 am | Report abuse |
  63. Ehhh

Just a bunch of fat a$$e$ with no life wanting their stupid show. It doesn't make sense to you because you are the drunk one fool.

September 6, 2011 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  64. Red Pison

Just further proof that television is a dying medium.

September 6, 2011 at 4:08 am | Report abuse |
  65. meljaro

I cannot understand how they r going to hurry up and wrap the shows up! They keep bringing out new angles and they just need to stop that. It'll be like LOST with a bunch of angry viewers unable to understand the non-ending. Be nice if another network could pick them up. Oprah? Maybe ION? Even just keeping them rolling at a half hour would be better than nothing. The Chew seems like a stupid name to an uninventive show.

September 6, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  66. Leslie

I used to watch AMC all the time. It was and is still a great show. I'm sorry to see it go. Now let me tell you why. I had a wonderful Grandmother that I lives with for many years and she loved AMC. We used to sit and watch the 1/2 hour version at lunch and as I got older, got home from school and she'd keep me up on what was going on. As I got even older we would meet at 1 for lunch and AMC, then drive out to the beach or other such places a few times a week. Then my dear Grandmother wound up in a nursing home, do you have any idea how many, many people in nursing homes look at soap operas as thier families. When I would go to visit she would try to keep up with what was going on. It made her so happy. My Grandmother died from cancer back in "90", I have very fond memories about all those times together. All the conversaions. All the disagreements and agreements we had over alot of these plots. I feel blessed that we shared those. I love that my daughter, and my son as well, likes this program. It was almost has though they were family. I just want to make it clear that to many shut ins, they ARE very much the family that visits everyday. So before you condem a person for watching these think about WHY these shows have been on the air for so very long.....

September 6, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
    • imasoapfan

Thanks for sharing Leslie, I watched with my grandmother and my mother too. I would love to watch All My Children and One Life to Live with my kids one day. It's a family tradition.

September 6, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  67. ValleyGal46

Soap Operas to not cause people to be over weight nor do they cause divorces. I am not a fan of Soaps but those statements are from idiots. What a bout a person who goes to the movies a few times a week..sits for 2 hours and eats popcorn, candy and soda. They can do that at home too. So again soaps donot cause fatness or break up marriages

September 5, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  68. An Angel's Crime

@imasoapfan: You need to go back and re-read my comment. There in black and write is the clause "Those that are home during the day" I know people have jobs, etc.. and they record the shows to watch later on. Please read people's comments correctly before the attack. Good night.

September 5, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • imasoapfan

I did read your comment, and my response wasn't an attack. It was a clarification.

You wrote: "Lol...ookkk. I sure you people (those that are home during the day) can find something productive to do when the show goes off, correct?"

Your implication by "you people" is that everyone posting a comment stays at home and is in need of something productive to do, a rather insulting comment. It deserved clarification because not all soap fans watch live.

September 6, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  69. Sandy

The TV executives, will eventually, replace all programs that require paying professional actors, because it puts more money in their pockets. As long as the public will continue to watch stupid reality, bachelor this or bacherlerette that, or yet again, ANOTHER cooking show, executives will pump them out. There are some I llike, American Idol, although not so much since Simon's gone, and Hell's Kitchen, because Gordon is such a hard ass, but that's it.
    You know the movie Field of Dreams, "If you build it, they will come"? Maybe if we don't watch it, "It will go away".

September 5, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • imasoapfan

I don't think reality show casts are in the actor's unions. ABC is probably cutting costs by avoid paying benefits.

September 6, 2011 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  70. Pat

Susan and the rest of the cast and crew of AMC are classy people that deserved better than they got from ABC and David Frons, I thank them for a wonderful 40 years of viewing and like so many others I will not be watching ABC. I guess my VCR can now go into the garbage as I won't be needing it anymore.

September 5, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  71. no name

She should thank anyone who kept her working all these years and able to amass a fortune because she is a lousey actor.

September 5, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Mariee

Show needed to end period, went on way too long, maybe now she will have to work for a living.

September 5, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Jan Ne

You go Susan!!!! Love you for your courage! They will see what they did when the show replacing AMC does nothing for the network. Those that watched AMC will switch to the other networks and still watch soaps. If we want a food show...we'll watch the food channel. GOOD LUCK SUSAN and all the other AMC actors. You all will be missed.

September 5, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  74. lpc72

I agreed with Susan.....you tell them girl......it's always about the money.....they don't conside what viewers really want there was no poll....now no AMC nor OLTL.....and they get replaced by shows no one wants to see....

September 5, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Kat

I've watched AMC and One Life to Live since they started and I can't imagine them not being on the air. If ABC thinks they are losing money now, wait unti these shows are cancelled- I know I will not be watching ABC and all of my friends have said they same thing. Who wants another cooking show? I hope once this is done, the executives see what a horrible, costly mistake they have made and will decide to bring back our wonderful shows. Jay Leno found this out the hard way, also, so maybe ABC will replace Brian Frons with someone who has a clue!!

September 5, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  76. staecy

I grew up watching Erica Kane with my grandma and my daughter watched her with me as I grew older. Susan Lucci is a wonderful actress,despite all the snubbed awards, And I think it is about time SOMEBODY tells the big shots how it is...I Applaud You Susan Lucci. All these realty shows are a crock, I remember you would watch AMC,OLTL,GH m-f and in the evenings you had Dallas, Falcon Crest,Knots LAnding, what happened to the good old fashioned soaps? not this crap they have on tv today! Shame on you ABC for allowing this to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 5, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  77. patricia

Good for Susan I feel the same way ! I have watched AMC & OLTL since say one and I think it a huge mistake to end these wonderful shows. And how it was done was right down dirty. And I will Not be watching the Chew or anything else they put in your time slots....I am fed up Big time with ABC !
    As for the person that said only Fat house wives watch soaps and that they have destroyed marriages you need to get a life.....I raised four children and was very busy in their lives and always found time to watch my soaps. If someone is over weight that was their own doing. Some people enjoy football and movies and some of us enjoy soaps.......I bet if they were taking something off the air you liked you would be unhappy too.
    What goes around comes around and ABC will see that this was a BIG MISTAKE ! To everyone on AMC & OLTL I love you all dearly and they can take our shows but they can't take our memories......

September 5, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  78. DJ

I will dearly miss my soaps.I have enjoyed watching All My Children and One Life to Live for many years.Well Susan thank you and the rest of the cast for many years of enjoyment. It's a real shame there has to be brain dead people that are not capable to knowing when they have a gold mine.I don't think I will be supporting their station any more.I really do wish the best to you and all the cast members on both shows.

September 5, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Jim

I dont watch the show. But hell yes, GO SUSAN.

September 5, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Teachmusic214

The "H E double hockey sticks" with ABC I say boycott the freaking channel. Let there rating go down so much that will wish they had kept AMC on.

September 5, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  81. slickteigkc

thanks for your courage Susan. You spoke the truth. too many people sacrifice so many for the almighty dollar, shame on them! Thanks for all the years of entertainment. An awful thing was done to you and your coworkers and the public. It's happened too many times in this country..... selling out to save money. Again, we are such a greedy, selfish bunch. that is the real reason for our economic woes in general. Yay Susan!!!! God bless you and yours. Wishing everyone who has been hurt in this all the best. And to the people who hurt you, all the worst.

September 5, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Mary

I support Susan and the rest of the cast of AMC. I have watched AMC for 30+ years and will miss the hour of escape and pleasure it has given me over those years. I will boycott any show in the place of AMC and OLTL, and also have changed the chanel from the View, GMA, and any advertisement promoting "The Chew". The loyalty of fans mean nothing to the Executives at ABC. They are only interested in the bottom line and their bonus for cutting cost. We will see how long advertiser's are willing to support a network with reduced program quality and fan loyality. The programming in general on ABC has been slipping badly, and cancelling the daytime shows was the last straw for me.

September 5, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Corporate Sucks

I started watching all the ABC soaps from the beginning, over 40 years ago. I especially loved Susan Lucci and AMC, my favorite soap of them all. Twenty years ago when my children were old enough I started working full time so I had to tape my shows and eventually I just did not have enought time to watch them so I gave them up( not easy to do). Even though I haven't been a regular viewer in a long time I feel sick that these shows are getting cancelled, especially in the classless manner ABC has chosen to do it. I have the greatest respect for Susan Lucci, who is my all time favorite soap star. Good for her for speaking out!! I think her comments were on the money and not candy coated. Who cares if she is not the best actress in the world? I'm sure she knows her limitations and that is why she has stayed loyal to ABC for 41 years. It's a soap opera, most everyone on them is not going to wind up getting an oscar, but they do entertain the masses. So, what does she and all the other actors, actresses, writers, technicians, etc. etc get for loyalty and moving 3000 miles away? Kicked to the curb, that's what! We won't even talk about what they did to the show's creator, Agnes Nixon, just amazing! I never thought about it but I really don't watch a lot of ABC anyway. I switched to the Today show on NBC years ago and most of my other TV viewing is on other channels, now it ALL will be. Well, I've said my piece and then some..... Corporate bigwigs SUCK, and not just at ABC!

September 5, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Meredith

Brian Frons is nothing but on cancer on daytime television. It's shocking to me that Anne Sweeney would allow this viper to continue to oversee a Disney-owned daypart. Every time he speaks it seems he has something completely convoluted and idiotic to say. He has no concept of what soap viewers want and still believes that we can "be trained".
    I feel bad for the cast and crew of AMC and OLTL, Frons is a heartless, out of touch executive that needs to be shown the door pronto! SHAME ON DISNEY!!

September 5, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Debbie

I am a professional, I also started watching in college in the 70's. I have a career, a family, a wonderful husband, and a life but I still love taking time to watch All My Children in the evening after a long day, or catch up on the week-end. I also will not DVR or watch whatever replaces it. If it is another cooking show, I don't need one, there are plenty on already. Soap operas are not for 'fat' stay at home people, they are for anyone who enjoys them, we need to stop assuming that these shows only attract who? And whats wrong with a stay-at-home person, or elderly person having a break during their day to enjoy a television show. Sometimes we tend to grow in the wrong direction, and this is definetely a wrong direction for ABC, time will tell, won't it Good luck ABC you will need it during your daytime viewing

September 5, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Rhonda

I would have to correct ABC in its response, it is an epilogue to the show's demise and the executives who axed it. She is trying to stand up for all of the people who lost their jobs so that Brian Frons and his bosses could keep theirs. Obviously she's got the most seniority among the show's actors and has the least to lose by speaking up on behalf of her co-workers. Though I don't watch soaps anymore, I believe they have a very large audience and do agree with some of the comments above that soaps are much better than watching 'reality' TV which is about as far removed from 'reality' as you can get. And it takes alot less talent and intelligence to produce and get them on TV apparently.

September 5, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Penny

My retired father, now deceased, turned me on to all my children and Susan. I scheduled college classes around the soap, partly to stay connect to my dad while I was away at school. Now as a grown woman I will miss Erica Cane !!

September 5, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  88. T Thompson

I commend Susan Lucci for saying how she feels about a show that has run for 41 years. I am not an obese person who needs to get a life either!! I have watched this show since it's inception when my mom started watching it. I think it's a shame when corporate politics and greed take over what the viewer's obviously want. A cooking show, really? isn't that what the Food Network is for? ABC/Disney is the single most greedy conglomerate I have ever seen!! Seems charging every person almost $100 to enter one of their parks isn't enough, not to mention all the profits from every kid and parent out there buying there products..greedy greedy greedy...it's disgusting!

September 5, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Trudy

I don't watch the soaps but I do know how successful they are. Canceling AMC is a really bad movie. Replacing it with a cooking show is even worse. I wonder if one of the cable networks can pick up some of these soaps?

September 5, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  90. watch something else

SOAPS SUCK. GET OVER IT

September 5, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  91. tiredofit

We have the most respect for Susan Lucci, and ABC is making some very badk decisions

I believe the millions of viewers should not watch ABC at all, with this horrible AMC decision. If ABC attempts to mess with General Hospital,
    we will make it a point to not watch ABC EVER AGAIN . Boycott ABC.

September 5, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Nelli

I see susan as an honest, hardworking woman who doesn't throw around accusations ... unless warranted. Susan is a strong woman and will find something to do to keep herself productive, but I know she will miss AMC very much. It has been her life since she was a teenager. She IS day time drama! Good luck to her always.

September 5, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Kim

Bitter much? You know, for a no-talent (and that extends to writing–who ghosted "your" tome, btw?) one-trick pony, you had a good run. Now toddle off to pasture, there's a good little soapette.

September 5, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Billie

We love All My Children and the Chew show will not make it.
    My family will not watch 13 if they fimess with General Hospital.

September 5, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Erin

As soon as the announcement that AMC and OTLT were being cancelled I vowed and will boycott ABC programming from 1-3 EST and God Forbid if GH is next then I will boycott ABC from 1-4. I have been an ABC fan for at least 36 yrs and have even fleeting memories of my mom watching GH bakc when it was B&W still
    I hope that AMC and OLTL will continue on Soapnet or another TV cahnnel and if not I will follow them to the internet!

September 5, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Debbie

I've been watching All My Children for 37 years. I love this show. I grew with some of the characters. I think what ABC did was horrible but they don't care. People who are only out for themselves will theirs one day.

September 5, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  97. LouLou

The one thing us "so-called fatties" need, is another food show. Give me a break. They are cuttng off their noses to spite their face.

September 5, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  98. soaper

My goodness! This outpouring certainly shows one thing - watching soaps does not teach literacy, nor the ability to spell!

I've watched AMC on and off since the beginning - but weight issues, for me anyhow, have nothing to do with watching it or not watching it. Nor do work issues - nor does the stack of unwashed or washed dishes in my kitchen sink! Actually, I'd hate to think that what ABC feeds my squawk tube had that much control over my life.

My guess would be that La Lucci (whom I like) and her spouse, and her daughter, will flourish and prosper, no matter the fate of All My Children; I wish her well and hope so. Likewise, the audience that has followed this bit of froth so fervently. I can't imagine that it's a serious threat to anyone, nor that it has nourished anyone's life so intently as to be unreplaceable. If you're worried about such, go and talk with your librarian, ask for help finding a good book and get hooked on reading! That probably could elevate the literacy of the nation.

September 5, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  99. @An Angel's Crime

Are you drunk? That doesn't make any sense...just saying. ABCSUX

September 5, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  100. becki wright

SUSAN LUCCI aka ERIKA KANE you are the best... I totally agree with you & I will not be watching ABC the chew or revelation.. I will be watching GH. I have watched AMC & OLTL from the first episode & to take them off the air sux

September 5, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  101. teresaf

The simple truth is that soap operas are expensive to produce & fewer people watch the soaps every year. Advertisers are bailing left & right because it isn't worth their time to advertise on shows that are steadily losing viewers. My favorite soap was one of the first to be cancelled (Guiding Light). I don't blame Susan Lucci for being upset, but ABC is looking at the bottom line & every set of numbers out there show that soap operas are a dying breed. Cooking shows, lifestyle shows, etc are cheap to produce & even if they only last a season or two, they make money for the network.

September 5, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  102. LouLou

Go ABC – you have given me another hour to watch the cable chanels (2 when One Life to Live goes off). Won't be long and I will totallly be watching cable and not ABC-CBS-NBC, GO CABLE! Advertisers are going to miss out on a lot when we are no longer watching. Your loss is our gain!!

September 5, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  103. c

its all about the corporate greed. This is the same as when the move jobs overseas. The Executives figure out a way to cut costs and it dosn't matter what happens to the employees. She is absolutely right. i hope the cooking show fails miserably. But the Executive with still walk away with millions because he has a contract Susan most likely does not. Good for her

September 5, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Mad As A Wet Hen

ABC has lost a lot of viewers due to their decision to cut AMC and OLTL. Despite what "the polls" say about "numbers" and that viewership is down, ABC should have gotten a clue after being deluged with all the emails protesting these cancellations. They have effectively given us, the viewers, the finger, and their decision to throw another stupid cooking show at us is going to fall flat, if we all just refuse to watch the replacement shows. Enjoy your short ride, mr. frons. You're headed for a big tumble. Maybe you'll hit your head and get some sense knocked back in...

September 5, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  105. frances

I will not be watching any new shows on abc they have lost me .. along with many many others I know.. Soap opers bring in more ratings then nighttime shows and yet they are taking them off...., I cant wait to see who will pick them up cause they will have millions of viewers.. abc will have lost

September 5, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  106. An Angel's Crime

Lol...ookkk. I sure you people (those that are home during the day) can find something productive to do when the show goes off, correct? On another note..I never heard of any skinny/thin people being jealous of a fat person before because of weight. Ehh.. must be some new brainwashing scheme to make the fat people feel better about themselves...just saying

September 5, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • imasoapfan

HI An Angel's Crime, Don't assume that all soap opera viewers are home during the day. The bulk of the viewers watch online on the ABC player, iPad and hulu, using DVRs, or on SOAPnet on the weekend. We are productive, and these shows bring enjoyment and entertainment. I like watching soaps for fun, whereas my husband watches sports.

September 5, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  107. imasoapfan

Susan Lucci is a wonderful, talented actress, and I admire her commitment and dedication to playing Erica Kane for so many years on All My Children. Unlike those at ABC, she has integrity. I hope that now that all of the actors and crew of All My Children are not contractually obligated to be silent, we’ll hear from them.

ABC’s statement is so insulting, implying that this is the end of Lucci’s career. The admonishment by ABC is a clear sign of their guilt. They want to cut union labor costs, and break labor laws. Why produce a scripted show that people will enjoy when you can fill air time with a talking head? Soon they’ll just leave static on the screen. It’s cheaper!

I can't wait to watch All My Children and One Life to Live at Prospect Park. The creator Agnes Nixon will be on board as the creative consultant (She was shoved out by ABC during the past few years). I’ve watched AMC and OLTL since I was a kid. I already watch on ABC player on my computer or iPad, so it won't be difficult for me to switch to Prospect Park's version.

I realize thought that it will be difficult for those who don’t have computers, so it's important that all soap fans participate in the campaign to get soaps on cable (SOAPnet will be cancelled in 2012 for Disney Jr.). Be sure to go to http://sudz.tv/ to participate and help. It would be great if we can find a home for soaps on TV. Search for and join the groups called "Soap Fans United" and "FANS UNITED AGAINST ABC" for more info on how you can help!

September 5, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • imasoapfan

Forgot to mention that the groups "Soap Fans United" and "FANS UNITED AGAINST ABC" are on facebook. Please search for them and join for more info on how you can help!

September 5, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Sokman

And kudos to ABC & other networks for realizing the soap opera era is Finally Over. These shows have been milked dry several times over

September 5, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Tal Haugen

I never followed AMC, (just OLTL and GH, when they had ACTORS and Non-MOB plot) ) , BUT I ADMIRE this girl for TELLING IT LIKE IT IS regarding a man who has single-handedly torpedoed the daytime drama lineup, leaving ONLY his "baby", GH, after turning THAT into strictly a dark "Mob War" spectacle. Writing under Frons went totally FLAT, inspite of countless letters from legions of fans," His Arrogant Highness" made up his mind to "Save HIMSELF" FIRST, never mind the fans..SICK! WHO IN HELL is so crazy over FOOD SHOWS?? Not that that matters, because now, What the AUDIENCE wants , is at the bottom of the List.. (SUSAN, YA Done Us all PROUD!GOOD GIRL!)

September 5, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • imasoapfan

ITA! SHe has done us proud. I don't know how Brian Frons and Anne Sweeney can look at themselves in the mirror.

September 5, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  110. ditto

so long abc!

September 5, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Sokman

So now housewives will have to live their own lives instead of living in the fantasy soap world? Maybe the dishes will finally be done when the breadwinner comes home from a hard days work.

September 5, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • *

I don't watch AMC or OLTL, but as for channels canceling shows they shouldn't, I can understand to a degree. Not as much because the shows I watched that were canceled prematurely (IMO) weren't soaps and weren't on for 20+ years... but I can understand a little. The only thing I can compare to this is when NBC canceled the Saturday Night Thrillogy (Pretender, The Others & Profiler) despite the shows' good ratings. I watched The Others and Pretender and when they were canceled, I was annoyed with the network. The show they replaced these three with didn't last very long (not even ten episodes if I recall). I think this is what will happen with The Chew and whatever the other show is that is replacing the other canceled soap. These two new talk/health shows will get so few viewers that ABC will be forced to cancel them within a month or two of their debut, if not sooner. It happened with NBC (and that show was sports related in some way, can't remember what it was called, but it had very bad ratings).

Another hit for ABC is that the season that is about to start of Desperate Housewives is going to be its last season, so I'm sure they'll lose some viewers for ABC when that goes as well. And to be honest, I'm not sure Grey's is gonna last much longer either, especially if the rumor about Patrick Dempsey leaving in true. I don't watch any of those shows, by the way... but I know a large number of people do. If Grey's gets canceled soon too, ABC is probably going to be screwed.

September 5, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  112. tracy

Look people choose to eat fast food. and deep fried food because they say it easier. well now look at all the big people now. take responsiblity for your poor food choices. stop b**tching and walk. my kids have been raised to eat right. homemade cooking isnt hard.they even have an idiots guide. so go buy one.

September 5, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  113. NOFANOFABC

If Susan Lucci is complaining, we are listening. She has been in the business forever, and knows substandard writing when she sees it. ABC, have never been a fan, but this decision seals the deal!

September 5, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Leman

This was a stupid decision. Just fire Frons and keep the beloved actors and actresses who drew millions to watch your station. I already disconnected my TV service and now watching through Internet whatever I want. Your decision, your loss... Susan Lucci and Robin Strasser are the classiest actresses with dignity in tact for their craft. If they want to, they can start their own network or Internet channel.

September 5, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  115. dingus

look the only reason these american soap operas are being cancelled is because little by little the usa is becoming mexico. they are being replaced by mexican soaps.... sorry but its the truth

September 5, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  116. tomigee

I'm glad Susan Lucci wrote her comments and stands by them. Seems to me while ABC is owned by a rodent...its got a big RAT in daytime programming. I won't be 'chewin' and since I caught AMC on soapnet...also terminated for some family channel by the mouse.... I'll just have to go online. ABC and the mouse have definitely lost my goodwill.

September 5, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  117. MadAsHLLL

I will NOT watch the new shows!!!! EVER!!!! ABC has lost me!!!!!

September 5, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Cakelover20

I love soaps. I have the utmost respect for Susan Lucci who made a wonderful life for herself and her family from playing the fictional character of Erica Kane on AMC. She is a beautiful and classy woman.
    Brian Frons took a very properous daytime line up that had ratings of almost 10million viewers daily and drove it into the ground with his mis-management and bad business decisions. Sounds kind of like the automotive industry.
    There are many above him that bought everything that he was selling – lock, stock, and barrel.
    Instead of having the niche of a daytime line up filled with serial dramas that millions of people are loyal to on a daily basis, he is going to throw out another show that just follows the pack. It will not succeed and ABC will be wondering what happened because Brian said that this would work.
    Brian Frons has no absolutely no idea what viewers want on their screens, especially female viewers.
    Unfortunately for Brian Frons and the Blah post, soap viewers are not overweight, stupid women who just divorce their husbands because they saw it happen on soap.
    Soap viewers are businesswomen, lawyers, doctors, nurses, mothers, grandmothers, educators, manual laborers, entrepreneurs, etc. who just so happen to be invested in these types of shows and the characters they have known for most of their lives.
    And guess what? Some are even still married after decades and/or years of marriage!! Shocking, I know!!
    Don't blame society's problems on loyal soap viewers. Blame that on the arrogance and idiocy of those in charge who continue to make really stupid decisions for themselves as well as others.

September 5, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  119. KARLA

I have been watching "All My Children" since day one. It is the only soap opera I watch, and I tape it everyday. I like to eat, but I'm not watching another D cooking show instead of AMC. And when I say I love to eat I mean it. I weigh all of 105 lbs. I'm an exercise instructor and I eat what I want. I love Susan Lucci, so if she won't say it I will,"FU Frons, and your little dog, too!!

September 5, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Sadie Kaplan

Three cheers for Susan Lucci! There are plenty of cooking shows – or "lifestyle" shows – on other networks. And All My Children is my guilty pleasure although I confess to watching it each day for a good laugh. Anyone who takes it seriously is missing a lot of fun! This is not to say that I don't admire the actors, because I surely do, even when they're chewing gigantic holes in the scenery! They'll all be missed – and I'll never watch The Chew!!!

September 5, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  121. VC0813

ABC wil definitely lose some long time viewers because of this move. This is a very bad call on the part of the ABC Exec and I hope they quickly realize the error they are making and bring it back!!!!

September 5, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Camille

Good for you, Susan. I have watched All My Children from the very beginning. I am so upset to have my favorite show cancelled that it is beyond words. I actually cried when the final decision was announced. Don't we have enough cooking shows??? I love to cook and enjoy those shows but how many ways can you make a meatball? Am I deluding myself in thinking that ABC will realize what a major mistake they have made and bring AMC back? A sad farewell to all the outstanding actors of All My Children.

September 5, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Kim

ABC will lose viewers. Greed is bad. Love Susan Lucci! I'm married 30 yrs and NOT fat and have watched AMC since I was 14. I will miss you all.

September 5, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Rhonda

I am so sad that my soaps are ending. I will no longer watch ABC!!! Just what we need another cooking show . . . .

September 5, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Barbara Cooper

I will miss all the wonderful actors and actresses sooo much. They have become family. In these economic times, its been great to escape with the families and friends from OLTL. I will not be watching the talking heads from the kitchen or medical fields. I enjoy stepping into a show that does not tell me what I should be doing. When so many of us boycott that time of day, some smart exec. somewhere out there will give in to us. Just hope it's not too late because most of us will find another way to schedule our time.

September 5, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Joyce

I have been so disappointed by ABC's choice to cancel AMC. Anything I say will just be a repeat of what everyone else has had to say. But what I do want to say is, I feel like bringing all my food UP when I look at Mario Batalli. He is so fat, his hair, aside from his only existing two pieces in the silly pony tail looks like he hasn't washed it in a year or more. I wouldn't eat anything he cooks and all I can say about him is "upchuck". The rest of the team looks really lame. I used to like Dr. Oz but am now skeptical about a dedicated and credentialed doctor giving equal time to being a TV star. He has lost me as well.
    Too bad ABC. The last laugh will be on you. How very mean spirited to drag an entire show from the east coast to the west coast, making everyone have to 'settle in' when their hearts were really not in it. Only to say, "ha, ha. Just foolin'. Everyone's on their own. No more AMC. Stay on the coast or go back east, but you can now fend for yourselves. Simply outrageous and such hubrus – especially from a small "D" like Brian Frons. Soon, his name will be wiped clean from the ABC roster and then he can sit in a corner talking to himself, saying, "I don't get it, I still think I did the right thing for ABC". Well Frons, happily your day will come and it will come, I fear, very soon.
    Bye Bye ABC and bye bye Disney. You too suck the big one!!!

September 5, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Cheryl

I will never support ABC in any of your new shows. I am so upset with ABC, how dare you take our beloved All my children and One Life to Live off the air. And I hear next year you will be taking General Hospital. That will definitely settle it, I won't ever watch ABC again. So enjoy your 40% less cost show. I have watched All my Children since Erica and I were teens. Tad Martin is like a brother to me, I am going to be in mourning when it is no longer on the air. For that matter Bo Buchanan and Viki too, I will never forgive ABC.

September 5, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • An AMC LOVER

I too will mourn the loss of Erica and Tad and everyone else, THIS IS JUST AWFUL!!!!! I've been a loyal fan since the very beginning and am having a VERY HARD TIME with this deplorable decision. I've been happily married for 31 yrs. and NEVER thought of my AMC/OLTL as the "real" world. It is my escape into their world and just for a little while, my problems went quietly away when I was watching my shows. QUITE POSSIBLY THE WORST DECISION ABC COULD HAVE MADE, NO MORE ABC, DISNEY or any of their affiliates either. SHAME ON YOU AT ABC!!!!!

September 5, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Marilyn

After over forty years – I am devistated over this cancellation more than any cancellation ever before! Yes, I have a life and in that life is my favorite show set in Pine Valley for one hour every weekday! There I have friends that don't ever want anything, never hurt my feelings, don't cost me anything and can't screw me over! Yeah – it's a cold, cruel REAL world out there – Hey ABC and BLAH – Bite Me!

September 5, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laura H.

EXACTLY !! ABC can go STUFF IT ! No One will be watching their crappy programming ever again !!

September 6, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  129. JSL

Good for you, Siusan. We'll miss you and the other talented actors on ANC so much! Will only watch one show now on ABC and that\'s GH.

September 5, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Trish

I live alone now,my family is grown and moved away. I don't need a cooking show. I've watched All My Children asl long as i can rember. I do not plan to watch any replacement show. Have been trying to enjoy these final shows but it is getting harder and harder because whoever is doing the writing now should be ashamed for the way they are ruining its final shows. I feel bad for all the fine actors and actresses. I keep praying that another network will come in and grab you all up !

September 5, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • imasoapfan

Trish, Prospect Park bought All My Children and One Life to Live and will continue the shows online in Janaury 2012. To keep the shows on TV too, please go to http://sudz.tv/ for info! It would be great if we can find a home for soaps on TV. If you're on facebook, search for and join the groups called "Soap Fans United" and "FANS UNITED AGAINST ABC" for more info on how you can help!

September 5, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Kookie

Why did it take Susan so long before she spoke out??? All the while, she was singing the praises of Brian Frons and everyone else at ABC, and suddenly now that she has a book out, she wants to speak out???? Sounds like someone trying to drum up book sales to me.

September 5, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • jerry

Sometimes it takes a person a life time to get some brass and i am glad Susan finally told what needed to be said. I have seen too many people hold their tongue, get stepped on, humiliated, ridiculed etc just to keep a job. Is that what we want our children to learn from us, be weak, spineless and low self asteem. Remember life goes on and no job is worth a poor reputation as a butt kisser.

September 5, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • imasoapfan

Kookie, the timing is because All My Children's last date filming was Tuesday August 30th. Susan Lucci and the rest of the All My Children cast were under contract to ABC and had to be quiet about their feeling until the show stopped filming. Now Lucci and her colleagues have been released from their contracts and finished work, so they can speak out. She was probably working on her chapter in the book while she was not allowed to speak.

September 5, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Goalie AnT

Kudos to Susan Lucci!!! I am elated that Susan spoke out against the abysmal (at best) management of ABC's daytime lineup.

I am perplexed that Brian Frons and Anne Sweeney are still employed by ABC. With decreasing rating and advertising dollars, Anne Sweeney and Brian Frons should have been summarily dismissed several years ago. I shall not patronize any advertisers that promote their products on any ABC programming with the exception of General Hospital.

To all ABC daytime viewers, only support and watch All My Children, One Life to Live and General Hospital. BOYCOTT all current and future ABC shows both in daytime and prime-time lineups. Lack of viewership will translate into minimal monetary gain for ABC. Perhaps then, ABC will take notice, albeit " a day late and a dollar short" for AMC and OLTL.

September 5, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Vita

I hear you, Susan! So sorry to see the demise of the show! Corporate greed in America at it's finest!! ABC, you got some 'splainin to do! (You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!)

September 5, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  134. amber

Myself...I will not be watching ABC after this "be-heading" I have been watching Dancing with the Stars since day one....will NOT be watching this season..I will miss it, but........ Also, have changed my travel plans for fall from Disney World to Universal..... No more Disney or ABC for me or my kids ....

September 5, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Oh Really

Honestly, these soaps are a dying breed. Eventually, they'll ALL be gone. Get over it and find something else to do in those hour slots. Hell, I like watching Young & The Restless as well as Bold & The Beautiful, but when it's their time to go, I'll accept it and move on. Susan has been on this show since the 70s. I think she's caused enough drama, and made enough money to live comfortably. She needs to take a seat now and try to sell that book.

September 5, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • An AMC LOVER

YOU SUCK!!!!! Obviously, you've never loved much of anything with you dry and completely assinine remark. GO AWAY and leave us to mourn our beloved shows IN PEACE!!!! May Brian Frons rest in he!! where he surely belongs. He will get he just due, just not soon enough for me and MILLIONS of others who will miss our shows sorely and WILL NOT BE WATCHING that STUPID replacement show called "The Chew", how utterly STUPID and THOUGHTLESS!!!!! Another case of a "highly-trained IDIOT" at the helm where HE DOES NOT BELONG. As for the OTHERS who lacked the backbone to stand up to his paltry suggestions and decisions, SHAME ON YOU TOO!!!!!

September 5, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Black Dragon

Man WTH Is ABC serious all my children has been an iconic show and has kept me and my mom granmom and some friends entertained for years thou the show has mainly a female following I as a man use to love watching it with all the suspense and drama it kept me coming back and Susan really kept the show alive. I believe that if they get rid of it the stations ratings are going to drop big time this is a very dumb move...ABC used to be the station to watch now ABC will stand for A BAD CHOICE.....

September 5, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Sylvia Wills

I agree w/ the above comments except the 1st 1. I have not renewed my subscription to ABC Soaps in Depth & will not be watching the new shows. AMC & OLTL are classics that many of us have grown up with. ABC has made a HUGE mistake–if their revenues are down now just you wait–fans could very well bring them to their knees. I highly doubt Susan will have problems finding a job–she has many already–but what about the crew & their families which ABC already uprooted when they had to move to LA in order to save their jobs on AMC?? Never underestimate the power of loyal fans!!

September 5, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Jill ST

love the show. hate cooking shows. you can get the cooking information on google in less than 20 seconds. do not need the whole one hour every day to learn how to cook.

i wish susan lucci would have bought the rights and showed the show every sunday night like deperate housewives.

September 5, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Oh Really

Just like you can watch that same episode of All My Children online in less than an hour (once you take out the commercials)

September 5, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Wayne

Well if the if the executives knew what they were doing, they would actually be making show and not borrowing from other countries.

It's ABC not HBO.

September 5, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  140. gene

She need to go somewhere and set down. I bet she never told him any of that to his face. She is the ignorance and arrogance one. All he has done for her. Where you sleeping with him and he dumped you? Tell us whats the real storey is behind this.

September 5, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

gene, you are one sick puppy. I truly feel sorry for you.

September 5, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Crys

It seems like you're the person who needs to really go "somewhere." How about attending school and learning how to write? It really wouldn't hurt to sit down with a teacher who can show you how to spell and construct a sentence. Then, it wouldn't hurt for you to not call another person ignorant when you can't even spell "story."

September 6, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Jackie

I think Susan Lucci is right and I applaud her for telling it like it is. When I heard they were switcing production of the show from New York to L.A. I knew it was a sneak move from ABC to doom the show. Uprooting the actors from one side of the continent to the other knowing all could not go because they have families and children. I am for real drama and real acting and thats what you get from the soaps. And as for Brian Frons, what goes around comes around.

September 5, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  142. meme

as for the CANCELLATION OF ONE OF THE *GREATEST SOAP OPERA EVER*, & Susan Lucci's comments about ABC exec, BRIAN FRONS, I HOPE BRIAN FRONS, GETS THE *AXE* SOON!!!!!! TAKING AWAY SOAPS THAT MEAN *VERY MUCH TO PPL OF *ALL* AGES!!! A TRADITION HANDED DOWN TO GENERATIONS, CARRYING DOWN A COMMON LOVE WITH (FOR ME AS EXAMPLE) MY MOM & GRANDMA, PAST DOWN TO MY GIRLS, & NOW MY GRANDAUGHTERS! THAT'S *FIVE GENERATIONS* ME BRIAN FRONS!! SHAME ON YOU & ALL WHO HAVE HELPED YOU DESTROY DAYTIME T.V.!!! THE LAST THING I WANNA SEE IS ANOTHER COOKING SHOW (NOT) I CAN TURN ON AT LEAST A DOZEN CHANNELS AT ANYTIME TO SEE A COOKING SHOW! BTW, I WONT BE WATCHING THIS NEW COOKING SHOW STARTING SEPT.26TH!!! ALSO: AMERICA HAS ENOUGH STUPID TALK SHOWS TOO!! once you ax *ONE LIFE TO LIVE* (WHICH IS THE LAST STRAW that breaks this camel's back) YOU WILL NO LONGER HAVE ME & MILLIONS OF OTHER DEDICATED DAYTIME VIEWER!! BECAUSE I, FOR ONE AM AXING ABC DAYTIME!!! & I RARELY WATCH NIGHT SHOWS ON ABC!!!) EVEN THO WE (MY LOVED ONES) LIVED THOUSANDS OF MILES APART, WE WOULD *ALWAYS*, FROM EACHOTHER SOME OF MY FUN & HAPPY MEMORIES WERE FROM CONVERSATIONS ABOUT OUR DAYTIME SOAPS, WHENEVER WE TALKED LONG DISTANCE! NOW YOU HAVE RUINED IT FOR OUR NEW GENERATIONS WHO LOVE THESE SOAPS! LEAVING SO MANY PPL WITHOUT JOBS! WHO HAVE DEDICATED *THIER* LIVES TO ABC'S DAYTIME SOAPS!
    SHAME ON YOU *BRIAN FRONS* FOR MOVING A WHOLE CAST OF PPL, & ALL OF *ALL MY CHILDREN* & CREW, ALL THE WAY FROM NEW YORK TO CALIFORNIA, UPROOTING THIER LIVES, ONLY TO DESTROY THEM & THIER FAMILIES FROM THE HOMES THEY HAD TO MOVE FROM ONLY TO BE TOLD, *THANKS FOR NOTHING, EVERYONES FIRED! NOW WHAT ARE *ALL OF THESE PPL** CAST & CREW, SEPERATING FAMILIES & LIVING SUPPOSSED TO DO BRIAN FRONS & ALL INVOLVED ON THIS CATISTROPHIC DESISSION!!
    SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!! AND I AGREE, ***SHOVE YOUR DAYTIME T.V. & YOUR NEW BORING COOKING SHOW, MAYBE YOU CAN GET FAT FROM THE FOOD THIER COOKING!!! WHAT A WASTE!!! I CANT WAIT TILL YOU, *BRIAN FRONS** GET THE AX TOO!! YOU ASRE A TRUE IDIOT!!

September 5, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Black Dragon

I agree with u meme arent there enough cooking and reality shows on already Fons made A BAD CHOICE

September 5, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kookie

Why are you yelling (all caps)? Calm down, it's not that serious!!!

September 5, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheryl wilson

i agree w/ meme and La Lucci ....the greed is sad and after they up rooted all of the crew....shame on them...can not wait til jan and it comes on line......i will not ever watch abc again or buy the products they push!!!

September 5, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

My goodness – take a pill and relax. The world isn't going to stop spinning!

September 6, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Sheila

So they can save 40% if they air a cooking show instead of a soap. Did they take into consideration the advertising revenue they are going to lose when advertisers realize that no one is watching The Chew? Just the name The Chew kind of makes me want to wretch. I agree with the others in that I know of no one who is planning to watch a cooking show instead in the place of their soap. By the way ABC, just the promos for The Chew are annoying enough to turn off any potential viewers.

September 5, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  144. robin

Linda...you are an idiot. If there is anything worse than someone with a fat a$$, it's a skinny beeotch that's jealous of them. My husband has often said that the only thing that wants a bone is a dog.

September 5, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

OMG Robin! You comment made me laugh out loud! I LOVE your husbands statement! That is soooo true! I have to remember that one! Thanks for the laugh!

September 6, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  145. Mary

I do not plan to watch the new shows replacing All My Children and One Life To Live. They are both great shows and I have watched AMC from the very beginning. Taped it when I was working. Go Susan Lucci with telling ABC what you think. They will realize their mistake(won't ever admit it) I'm sure. Moved all of you to the west coast and you were willing to go and then cancel the show(very thoughtless people). They will hurt only themselves in the long run. Will miss these shows terribly.

September 5, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Phyllis

Susan Lucci, with her limited talent, should be grateful that she had a job for 40 years. Does she think that any show deserves to be on for 40 years! People with talent don't stay on that long. If not for her stupid soap, she wouldn't be selling products on QVC or have anyone interested in buying her book. Give somebody else a chance Ms. Millionaire!

September 5, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • CPMarshall

PHYLLIS, You are missing the point. Susan Lucci is trying to let you know that her concerns lye with everyone losing their jobs..people from two shows that have have been entertaining us for years. She isn't just thinking of herself you idiot. She is looking at ALL of the people who have lost jobs, actors, camera men, writers, lighting crew, everything that YOU haven't thought about Phyllis...this wasn't done in the right way. It was cut throat and sneeky. You are the one who doesn't get what Ms Lucci was trying to get across. You are just jealous of her.

September 5, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • monica

I guess you don't know too much about Susan. She appears in movies. She also does alot of humanitarian things. If you are going to bash someone at least do a little reserch.

September 5, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • ER

Clue Phone to Phyllis the idiot:
      you obviously have not one smidgen of an idea of the work it takes to create ANYTHING in television,
      let alone a soap opera. The sheer fact that for 40 years Susan Lucci was able to DAILY learn that amount
      of dialogue was astounding never mind the fact she has legions of fans around the world who admire her work.
      I dont watch soaps, nor am i a big Susan fan, but i have met Ms. Lucci several times and she is always poised, charming and humble for someone of SUPERSTAR status. I have worked in the arts for many years, and anyone who can maintain a top level in the industry for as long as she has is to be commended. (whether you are a soap fan or not)
      You should find another outlet for your mean, uneducated comments. When you know something about entertainment as a craft, feel free to chime in then.

September 6, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  147. jeannette sanchezz

who wants to watch a cooking show, Everyone watches abc just to watch the Soaps, Now who wants to watch ABC not me and I am sure, millions more.

September 5, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Carol Hoover

I agree with Susan Lucci.

This is the DUMBEST mistake that ABC could have made–to cancel a popular soap which has been on for 41 years. Personally, I plan to boycott The Chew and I urge everyone else to join me in this boycott.

September 5, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • imasoapfan

Of course, there's no way I'd watch a show replacing All My Children and One Life to Live. The hosts are passive aggressive, and insult soap opera fans on twitter. Not impressed with them as people at all.

September 5, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carol P. Marshall

I agree with Carol Hoover...I will boycott "The Chew" also. Everything is all about money isn't it!!! Executives wanting more and more money, and they have gone too far in cancelling this SOAP, and OLTL. After all of the loyalty these actors have given to these shows. THey make me sick, and I wont watch anything in those time slots again..especially a show called "THe Chew" This is a horrible name for a show..in fact this name is what will make people fat because they'll think of going to eat anything they can get their hands on. WHo do you all think you are kidding? It's you big Fat Cats that have created this because MONEY is all you care about..going into your pockets. I hate the type of people you have become..these actors even decreased their salaries for you jerks and moved across the Country. And you knew you were going to cancel them anyway. I know how people like you work, and so do all the watchers of these stories.

September 5, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • ian

ok, so dont watch abc. nobody cares. nobody ... : )

September 6, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  149. jeannette

who wants to watch a cooking show, Everyone watches abc just to watch the Soaps, Now abc will loose the only money maker and great cast and stories. Once the soaps are gone., you will not have any viewers for your show....Hoping another station plays it smart and picks them up, Love you Susan

September 5, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Joyce

blah- I am far from overweight and I have been happily married for 40 years, so you are wrong!! I know Diane and she is happily married and also not overweight. You have no idea what these stories have meant to us, and yes I work everyday so don't think I sit home and do nothing, I record my soaps and catch up over the weekend.

September 5, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • ian

aww, thats the same thing all overweight women say : (

September 6, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • lg

I watch it on soapNet on the weekends, my skinny co-workers do as well. (PS, we are all training for a marathon, after recently completeing a half marathon...incase you all thought i was fat.) Its funny that ian read and commented on this article, My husband wouldnt even have any idea who Susan lucci was.

September 6, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Diane Wilcoxen

I am with you Susan!! You are going to be missed, I can't even write this without tears rolling down my face. If ABC thinks I will be watching their new shows they are sadly mistaken, and I haven't found anybody that plans to watch them!! I actually will not watch anything on ABC except GH once they take AMC and OLTL off.

September 5, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pat Link

I agree with you 100% I will not watch ABC except for GH and when they take that – I am done with ABC including their News shows!!

September 6, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Gina

I agree – and there was a thread on a message board I frequent and not one of the respondents plans on watching these new shows. How many daytime talk shows do we need? Yes ABC will save a few bucks but I think they are underestimating the wants of their viewers. They are basically "Cheaping it out". Well, ABC, you get what you pay for!

September 6, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

I agree with her too. She told the truth. The execs just chase money.

September 6, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • John R

I cancelled TV service nearly 10 years ago, and now only occasionally watch TV hooked-up through rabbit ears, through a digital converter. Just the other day, I was scanning all over-the-air channels I receive. I was shocked to see that big networks like ABC filled their weekend daytime hours with "Paid Programming"...infomercials! On ABC!!! I honestly never thought I'd see the day. On evenings, every network shows the same thing...stupid reality 'game shows', or people running through obstacle courses. I mean, seriously?? This is prime time fare??? I was curious, so I then watched (or tried to watch) nighttime stuff...Jay Leno, and what's his name after him. The jokes were just awful...what's his name after Leno...not even the audience was laughing. Geez, I miss Carson more than ever.

About 10 years ago when I cancelled, the Neilsen ratings said that 30 somethings (my age at the time) were turning off TV in droves. No one in Burbank and New York believed it. They thought the rating system was broken.

I remember in 1980 or so, seeing mini-series like Roots or Winds of War. Though I was a young kid, the anticipation of the next A-Team episode or Magnum PI was nearly unbearable. Today, I get around 40 over-the-air channels and I usually cannot find anything to watch. Thank goodness for the retro networks showing some MASH and Frasier, although I've seen them so many times I'm getting bored of those too. I'm not kidding when I say that I leave the local weather channel on for an hour at a time, as I cook or work on the laptop, as it's the most entertaining channel on much of the time.

And as for the beautiful and talented Susan Lucci, well, I'm a guy who works a day job and don't watch soaps much. On the rare occasion "when I'm sick", I would, and they can be very entertaining and are well produced. Lots of eye candy too...of which Susan was always 'one'. Now, soap watchers are going to get a food show...perfect. Just what Americans need.

September 6, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Howard

At the risk of incurring the wrath of all the fans of AMC and OLTL, if these shows were so loved and will be so badly missed, then why is it not one other network, not even the low budget cable networks is willing to step in sustain these supposed masterpieces? It's all about economics. If AMC can't inspire the advertisers to pay the rates to make it profitable for ABC, then what is ABC supposed to do? It's not a public TV station, few pete's sake!

September 6, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary Knight

ABC is all about greed and the "Chew" is being hyped so much it makes me sick to my stomach. I too will be boycotting ABC except for General Hospital. If the executives reallized how much revenue they will be losing and the sponsors too. I have been an avid fan of All My Children and OLTL since the seventies. GH I have been watching since it began when I would run home from school to watch. If only Oprah would pick up the slack and take AMC and OLTL, she would have a goldmine. Just think of how may soap fans would tune it. – Oprah please help!

September 8, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kitty D

I will not even put my tv on at 1pm anymore. I grew up watching all my children, worked, and raised my two kids, while enjoing amc, if not during the day then at night on soapnet. My girls and I went to Disneyworld for several of the soapnet weekends, and I just love Susan Lucci and Walt Willey together. I am so sorry that they felt the need to take this show off the air and have so many of us fans be disappointed. Shame on you, and your network.

December 8, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  152. O Sagardia

Maybe your marriage fell apart because you didnt have a strong foundation to begin with ! and Susan Lucci and the cast of every soap out there alway represented a fit and very healthy cast so where are the fat women come from again personal experiences dont apply to such an Iconic show that Outlasted probably any career in the US! so Blah get a life ! and start watching what they do on AMC to end it will tell you what to do w/ your Pathetic Life!

September 5, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Linda

People are over weight because their fat a$$es eat too much. Simple as that.

September 5, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  154. robin

Your "name" I'm sure, describes you and your life. Blah. You are an idiot.

September 5, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Hal

Well I don't watch the show, but agree with her point. This is what they did to Judy Garland... the greatest entertainer who has ever lived, and by far the most talented. What I love is Lucci's description about the exec. Clear, concise and and well thought out. She said he has that fatal combination of ignorance and arrogance.” I wish I had come up with it, as it perfectly describes our CIC Barack (Barry) Obama. And to oust the show's creator after all the money the show has earned them over the years.. by a new guy who probably won't last 6 mos. Getting back those viewers won't be easy. I know when a show I have loved is dropped it's been yrs before I'd look at a show again on the offending station. For this reason I haven't watched CBS, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, and others for well over a decade, perhaps longer.

September 5, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Stacy

I dont see how sitting on the couch for one hour would make someone overweight! And soaps dont cause people to cheat. Loose morals do. When I watch my soap (DAYS) I know it is all glamourous make-believe, but its fun to try and guess what happens next, and it keeps me up to speed on fashion trends, and it makes me laugh! Reality tv SUCKS and I'd much rather watch something fun.

September 5, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  157. amber

You are such a freakin' dork.........

September 5, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  158. c smith

they are replacing all my children with a stupid cooking show well talk about overweight lol how funny that is about stupid to put another cooking show or some crazy reality show on. abc you need to find a movie or something not some cooking show but ratings will go down down down cause i surely wont watch it way to go susan good for you telling them how it is And whomever come up with this just to give the big wigs.. a big paycheck shame on you how would you like to learn that you lost you job to someone else all about money i will not watch abc again or your cheap shows either

September 5, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Leesa

I have watched AMC for over 30 years and I too will not be watching "THE CHEW"...when my kids were young it was a time for me to relax and enjoy some me time while they were napping...I am not fat, nor unhappy with my marriage..it is TV..it is not real...but I will miss all the laughter, tears and relaxation that AMC has provided over the years...ABC has lost this viewer...

September 5, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Tim

Uh, er, um, blah, you are an idiot. It is food shows like "The Chew" and that f@t a$$ Paula Dean that is making America fat. You are dumb. End of story!!

September 5, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  161. CJ

You have no clue.People are fat because they sit on their butt and eat like pigs and do not exercise.Watching All My Children for one hour 5 dys. a week will not make you fat or destroy your marriage.

September 5, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Mattie

I'm with Susan!

September 5, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  163. imasoapfan

Ignore the distractions above...

*******************
    Calling all soap fans: Be sure to participate in the campaign to get soaps on cable (SOAPnet will be cancelled in 2012 for Disney Jr.). Be sure to go to http://sudz.tv/ to help. It would be great if we can find a home for soaps on TV. Search for and join the groups called "Soap Fans United" and "FANS UNITED AGAINST ABC" for more info on how you can help!

September 5, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  164. LouLou

Great, replacing AMC with another food channel – just what us fatties need. Another food channel.

September 5, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  165. sadie soaper

Did you actually READ what you replied? MILLIONS of viewers. And, yes, we do have lives. If you are not a soap opera fan, why are you reading this article?

September 5, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  166. I

U MUST not have a life....... y r u reading this if u don't care for soaps the headline and first sentence tells u what the article is about....

September 5, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  167. c brickman

we dont get fat from watching all my children but now all the women can by watching the replacement- another stupid food show with a bunch of no buddies sitting around giving their no nothing ideas of how we should dress, eat and live. more stupid gossip and no nothing guest stars. the chew should be spit out or swallow. i wont think of watching the new show just like i dont watch the view or another dumb talk show thats when i go for a walk, work in my garden, enjoy a good book. good job susan, we will truely miss all my children i have watched from the beginning cant say that about any other show.

September 5, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  168. karih

Jeez – you are ignorant!!! Soap operas do not make people fat. Overeating and lack of exercise makes people fat.

September 5, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  169. LaborDay

Good for you, Susan!
    40+ years in this job – you should be able to speak your mind!!!!!

September 5, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  170. LL

That is one of the dumbest comments I've ever read here; and I've read some dumb ones!

September 6, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  171. Heidi

Hey Blah, I have a feeling your screen name says it all about you. Boring, pointless and moronic. It sounds like you need a life and you're probably pretty miserable with your blah self.

September 6, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |