'Project Runway' spin-off in the works
September 5th, 2011

'Project Runway' spin-off in the works

There’s a “Project Runway” spinoff coming our way, and it’s all about accessories.

The Weinstein Co. and Lifetime reportedly threw a cocktail party for upcoming series “Project Accessory” in Manhattan on Wednesday, reports the New York Post.

The series isn’t expected to premiere until later this year or in early 2012, but when it does, Wednesday's gathering is expected to be part of the show.

According to The Project Runway Blog, the new show “will follow enterprising artists who will be put to the test to create the newest and hottest trends in accessories as they compete for a cash grand prize to help them launch their own fashion accessories business.”

So it’s “Project Runway,” but focusing on handbags, jewelry and belts instead of dresses, tops and pants.

Casting calls for the new show were held in June.

Catch the current season (nine) of “Project Runway” on Lifetime, Thursdays at 9/8c. "Project Runway All Stars" will premiere later this year.

Do you think Lifetime can “make it work” with accessories?

1. Art Vandolay

Tim Gunn is such a diva. He cracks me up. -Art

September 6, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Fullerbullsky

I think it would be "interesting" and even more so if the whole show and franchise would return to Bravo. Bravo did the show an injustice by letting it go. It is no where near as racing, or indepth in the making of the garments. Now they look for the contestant that shows the greatest "drama" and keeps them on til the bitter end thinking that will help viewership. Oh come on, we see this and it is not something we like.

September 6, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mif991

Sounds ok...and I do miss Santino. As for the all stars project runway, it won't be any good if the best participants are not there. So far the participants are not the top ones.
    This latest season of project runway absolutely sucks. Half the contestants have no business designing. It's become which of the gay designers will have the worst breakdown show.

September 6, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Kisa Kisa

wow... smh

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7m56YH-lHw&w=640&h=390]

September 6, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. vintagedoll

think these are the producers who screwed up Bravo's Million Dollar Decorators big-time. So, no, won't watch

September 6, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Playjojo

Yeah, T.V is getting more interesting as the prices rise. I'll just skip this and wait for Project Project, where they show them just sitting around the boardroom thinking up crap for people to watch.

September 6, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  7. jb2817

Oscar Wilde only wished he was this gay

September 6, 2011 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  8. Booo

Also, I thought Project Runway was getting an all stars show for past losers to compete in.

September 6, 2011 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  9. Booo

The only "accessory" I'm interested in are shoes. They can keep their handbags, belts, and jewelry. Most of the trendy stuff in that category you should buy cheap since it will be out of style. For folk like me who don't care to blow a paycheck on these items, classic and versatile items are best- which means trendy can bite me.

September 6, 2011 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. joAnn

I,think that is awlful,how the United States Post Office.How,it,is closing it's,doors at the end of the year.It,is Not a Waste,of Taxpayers,money.It,is a Valuable Business,for All. JoAnn Bartholomew

September 5, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. pam

I'll be watching And I agree that Austin and Santino Should come back on. I loved that show!!

September 5, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. John Ross

I want "On the Road with Austin and Santino" back! Now that was an awesome spin-off. Bring that one back

September 5, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • metoo

I agree – Austin and Santino were great together. And I just loved how confused the people in the rural towns were confused – but always very polite and friendly towards them both – especially Austin. And they were in some redneck towns in Texas and Oklahoma. (I know, the season premier was in Weatherford Texas)

September 6, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Ed

The producers of ON THE ROAD WITH AUSTIN AND SANTINO are producing PROJECT ACCESSORY (Goodbye Pictures and The Weinstein Company)... gonna be amazing... can't wait!

September 16, 2011 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  13. AZ

I'll watch! Maybe I can get some good ideas.

September 5, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. davinia

Good accessories make an excellent fashion and complete statement. It should be a vivacious show, and I will watch it.

September 5, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Frida

Yes...sounds just fabulous!!!

September 5, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  16. MARY

Sounds like it could be good ! They just have to get the right hosts, sometimes new hosts of anything don't seem to know what they are doing because they are new. They just don't seem to bring the right "vibe & feel." But I will be watching!!~Mary~

September 5, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  17. haha

Firsty!!

September 5, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Derpaderp

No you're not.

September 5, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kiki

I like it could work. I love accessories, sometimes its all you need to take your outfit from blah to stellar!

September 7, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kiki

I think it could work. I love accessories, sometimes its all you need to take your outfit from blah to stellar!

September 7, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Name*Naugie

Totally agree! Project ms piggy?

September 6, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |