'Glee' star Cheyenne Jackson weds partner
September 5th, 2011

'Glee' star Cheyenne Jackson weds partner

“Glee” and “30 Rock” actor (and Broadway superstar) Cheyenne Jackson married his longtime boyfriend in a Hamptons beach ceremony on Saturday, reports People.

The actor has been with physicist Monte Lapka for over 11 years.

After they tied the knot, Jackson took to Twitter to announce the happy news: “It’s official, after 11 years together, Zora’s no longer a bastard. Married the best man I’ve ever known.” (Zora is the couple’s dog “daughter.”)

Jackson, 36, previously shared his vision of a wedding with WNBC New York, saying it would be “Something small. My dream wedding involves just close friends and good music.”

He added that they'd "both be in tuxes. Unfortunately, nobody’s going to be wearing a dress, but that’s okay, too … Our dog would be there. Our dog, our daughter, Zora … Pretty boring, but something just nice and on the beach.”

Last year, Jackson and Lapka registered as domestic partners at New York’s City Hall, the actor told Out magazine. “I think we were filling in some forms for wills or insurance, and I just thought, 'Let’s just make this as legal as we can,'" the actor recalled. "It was with a bunch of Russian mail order brides, literally. And it was hilarious and it was romantic...our little secret.”

Now that gay marriage is legal in New York, we’re glad to see the "Glee" actor was able to make his dream wedding a reality.

1. Flame Out

No need to argue as there is no wedding or marriage only some warped "union" at best. To bring children into the picture is beyone reprehensible. These two should be horse whipped for even considering messing this childs life up with this sick lifestyle.

October 4, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Slick

Are there any straight people on Glee? Not trolling. I don't watch the show, but every time I see one of the actors in the news they're always gay.

October 2, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  3. David

To all of you ignorant asses....I am very happy to be a gay man and actually it is not abnormal. I consider you to be the abnormal cretins who sadly take up space in my world. I would love to kick all of your asses.

September 26, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. CSX

God hath not ordained such. Sorry, it is omposble for them to be married, een though mans thinks so.

Dis gust ing.

September 24, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • prof

I hope God has a better typing and spelling ability than you. In any case, we do not care what your invisible magic friend hath or hath not ordained. Get it?

October 3, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. senor boogie woogie

So, which one takes it up the butt?

September 24, 2011 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. Rachel

Oh, BARF. This is absolutely ridiculous.

NY........WHAT is WRONG WITH YOU????????????????????

September 22, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mike

"Now that gay marriage is legal in New York, we’re glad to see the 'Glee' actor was able to make his dream wedding a reality." Who's "we"? Thanks for letting me know you don't represent me, CNN.

September 22, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Hmmmmm

Best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

September 21, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  9. Candace Kane

Why do we have to hear about abnormal people and their gay weddings, like it's right . give me a break.

September 21, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Kate

...and that's how everyone knows you're gay.

See, I don't care what other people do. I'm happy in my own life. I have a great husband, a good job. Life is great! So, I don't have to judge other people out of jealousy.

You, on the other hand, are obviously envious of people who are brave enough to be exactly who they are.

September 22, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  10. pimpson

it's not a marriage it's a pervert union...

September 20, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • extra medium

Does it make you feel less gay when you post little comments like that?

September 21, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Rachel

Notice how gays/gay supporters are so ready to accuse you of being gay, yourself? Isn't that type of ignorance amazing?!? To think there are human beings in this life we all share who are soooo ignorant that they come up with these pathetic excuses to justify their defenses.

Pitiful human beings. Seriously pitiful.

Life is normalcy "if" you live it the way we were intended to when we were born. We were all born to love and reproduce. We were not meant to play with the genitals of our same gender. Sorry folks, but wake the he*l up.

September 22, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ShenaS

Gross.

Gays do not have real relationships, they can't stay monogamous because of their mental illness (symptom of)

September 20, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • extra medium

You sound like an unlearned hillbilly. Do you actually have a middle school education, or did you just learn everything from your backwoods preacher?

September 21, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  12. shlomo

GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 20, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  13. Judy

To all the knuckleheads who are slamming gays right to marry, WAKE UP! This is 2011, not 1911! Who the heck made you naysayers some kind of 'god' with the authority to decide what is right and what is wrong. Grow up! If marriage is so sacred, (like what I heard on a glee episode), then outlaw divorce!

September 19, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. starwhite

Marriage is only real and defined between a man and a woman period. If Gay people want a union please do not call it marriage because it erodes and cheapens what defines normal couples, not social deviants. As a Christian GOD's word tells me the gay lifestyle is Evil. Basically these two men ought to be ashamed to publicly proclaim this sham. The whole thing is sick and twisted. Ewwww!

September 18, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Possum

Oops, guess you can't say "period" after your statement anymore. Marriage Equality is already legally occurring and those marriages are as real as any other – like it or not. If your marriage is cheapened or is eroding because someone else's marriage then, you didn't have much of a marriage to begin with. So, quit throwing stones. Since Marriage is a Social Norm, you can't call gays "social deviants" for wanting to have committed, loving relationships and entering into legal marriages that automatically give them the same legal rights, protections and recognition as other citizens in the same country – or SOCIETY – as they are. It's also pointless to call it anything else other than Marriage. Fifty years from now, most people will call it marriage and roll their eyes and chuckle in ridicule there was ever an argument about gay marriage in the first place. -And finally, HUGE mistake, on your part, to suggest your so-called, "Christian GOD's" word tells [me/you] the gay lifestyle is Evil. NOWHERE in the bible does that actually appear as a statement – and Leviticus doesn't count – unless you're a Levite who is also abstaining from eating shrimp , wearing clothes of mixed fabric, shaving and getting haircuts, among other odd rules. You are merely regurgitating a loose interpretation that has been completely fabricated for selfish political purposes of both, Church and State. YOU and those like you, ought to be ashamed to publicly proclaim your sham. Your whole feeble mindset is sick and twisted. Ewwww!

September 19, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Kate

Possum, I know. You're frustrated. Just remember...it is only a fool who argues with the back end of a horse. This starwhite person is the epitome of the back end of a horse.

I get what you're saying, though. My marriage has never, ever been "eroded" by anyone else's marriage. My marriage is too strong for that. If starwhite's marriage is not strong enough to withstand others getting married, they are obviously married for the wrong reasons.

September 22, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Rachel

Starwhite, I am SO with you on this. These fools who only like to hear themselves ramble on and to accuse those who do not believe in this sick/twisted type of behavior, only want to hear themselves talk.

Gay practices will never be fully accepted in this world. Never, ever. It is extremely dysfunctional and, above all else, perverted in every which way imaginable.

September 22, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. knkdsoy93

Cheyenne and Monte...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! May your marriage be filled with a lifetime of happiness, wonderful memories and love. One big rule "LOVE, HONOR AND NEGOTIATE"!

September 18, 2011 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  16. dbadfd

Gross....

September 16, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  17. greenfrog

Congrats on making the love you share official. I wish you many, many wonderful years of wedded bliss!

September 16, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  18. nicole

"THE DEVIL IS A LIAR" THIS IS NOT GOD'S WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 16, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
    • extra medium

Who's devil? The Muslims, Christians, Jews, Satanists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholics, etc? Everyone on this planet is going straight to Hell according to someone else's beliefs. It seems to me that any God who would create life like this, wouldn't be looking to snuff it out all of the time. Just relax and love your neighbor, everything will be alright.

September 21, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Kate

The tin foil hat society strikes again.

September 22, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  19. Steven R.

He's also a semi-regular on 30 Rock. Very talented guy, I saw him on stage last year.

September 12, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  20. thatsjarrod

Who names a boy Cheyenne?

September 12, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • me

Are you kidding? I look at your user name and all I see is "jar rod." Perhaps you shouldn't talk?

September 13, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Possum

Cheyenne is the name of an American Indian tribe. I'm quite certain there were Cheyenne men, some of which, were skilled warriors and leaders. So, the name, Cheyenne, is definitely gender neutral but has been hijacked from its original Peoples. So, to anyone named Cheyenne, find a moment to honor and learn more about the People your parents, knowingly or unknowingly, named you after.

September 19, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  21. j mann

hope they are happy.

September 12, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Vincenzo

I am all in favor of couples (male/male or female/female) joining together in a civil union but why marriage? It seems that a marriage license for the most part messes everything up. I was married to a female and I am male who had decided to go the marriage route after being together for almost 6 years. We had a great time together for the most part,every now and then like mmost couples a little fight but nothing serious. After a little more than 8 months (married) the entire relationship fell apart. My wife at the time had this crazy notion that now she could tell me what, where,why and when to do anything and everything. It got so bad that she felt that she could determine when I could have my kids from a former marriage come over to visit. She wanted me at her beck and call and God forgive me if I wanted to have a little space for myself on occassion. she made me feel guilty if I wanted to go to bed early and she wanted to stay up. Gave me heck if I did not want to eat a huge meal for dinner and just wanted a bowl of cereal. She was retired and I was still working and at times would want to sleep in on a weekend...no!no! if she had anything to do with it. I am single again and am in a relationship that is not ever going to go in the direction of marriage. We are both content with the relationship with the way it is and are mature enough to realize that we are different people and we respect that fact. My first marriage brought forth five children and for the purpose of procreation I feel it is very good for raising children but other than that who needs it. Wish them the best but for the most part in that kind of a relationship it is going to be very difficult .

September 12, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  23. MJ

well there goes my backup husband... sigh...

September 8, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  24. ejm

Good for them! Hope the marriage doesn't mess up their 11 yr relationship, ha. As far as their "daughter" goes, I know plenty of people straight or gay that call their animals children and who isn't guilty of saying "mommy's home" when only the dog is there. To some people pets are just as important as kids...especially if you cannot have them biologically. So chill, it is okay.

September 7, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • JFK57

OH, PLEEEASSSSEEE
      you are a "brown noser" like them.....

September 8, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Jen

Thank you! I would never tell someone I have 2 daughters and a son, however I do treat my animals like children. I provide all of the essentials for them and then some. And yes, if I am home and my husband pulls into the drive-way I will say "daddy's home!" to the dogs (the cat could care less).

September 9, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  25. erinnern

Met Mr. Jackson after enjoying his work in Xanadu on Broadway – very, very nice and very, very handsome – all the best!

September 7, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Angered Ollie

They look the same.

September 7, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • sortakinda

Of course they look alike. Were you expecting something different from a pair of narcissists?

September 14, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  27. DropZoneMom

I don't have any issue with gay marriage - should be legal in every state. CONGRATS to the happy couple!!

I do, however, take offense at the use of the word "daughter" in reference to a DOG. Children & animals are NOT equivalent.

September 7, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Jen

I agree with your first statement. I disagree with you second one. My husband and I don't have kids, but we do have pets. We consider them our children. I would never tell someone that I have 2 girls and a boy, but we consider our pets a part of our family. We feed, bathe, play and shelter them the same as a parent feeds, bathes, plays and shelters their biological offspring. Obvious differences like we wouldn't feed our human-kids kibble, but more-or-less the same.

September 9, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • pawgeny

yeah, animals are superior.

September 15, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • DoggieParents

Dogs and kids are the same? You have got to be kidding me. I have both and love the both (but the kids more) and the level of feeding, care, and shelter required by a dog (even a puppy) is nowhere near the level of feeding, care, shelter, clothing, communication, schooling, etc. required by children. Ask yourself the simple question, "If I want to go out tonight to dinner and a movie, what will I do with my one year old dog/human child?" With the puppy, you can humanely put them in their crate which they regard as a normal part of their training. Try doing that with a one year old human and you end up on the news in handcuffs. To equate the two belies an ignorance of the responsibilities of child-raising and does an injustice to both pet-owners and parents alike.

September 20, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kevin H

My cats are my "babies" – they are my children. That's true with a lot of people without human children – gay or not. I treat my pets very well, I am there parent, I do not confuse them with human beings, but they are in every way that matters my charges, my children. They will never grow up, they're always dependent upon me – and frankly some of their behaviors are very similar to those of children under three or four years old. They do communicate, though it's mostly non-verbal with the occasional chordal.

September 22, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Prof

I don't have any problem treating pets (dogs, cats, whatever) as children, but some of this is weird. For one thing, you don't have children so that they will be perpetually dependent on you (well, I HOPE they're not) and "never grow up." I think that's maybe the distinction– one hope that children will eventually grow up to be nurturing adults. Pets grow up to be - well, pets. I love 'em too but come on!

October 3, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  28. PandoraDoggl

Cheyenne is a girl's name...

September 7, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  29. Anomic Office Drone

Congrats! Also, be on 30 Rock more. Danny is a funny character!

September 6, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  30. zela

What a cute couple! Congrats on your marriage!

September 6, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  31. ??

This guy's on Glee? Who is he? I don't remember ever seeing him.

September 6, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  32. LBW

Cute couple. I hope they make it.

September 6, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Booo

I watch glee on occasion. Who is this guy and what character does he play?

September 6, 2011 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
    • LL

I had to Google for him too because I don't recognize him. He played the coach of Vocal Adrenaline for 1-2 episodes. If you recall, he made the moves on Gwyneth Paltrow's character in her return appearance this past season.

September 6, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Bankerdanny

Thanks LL, I didn't know who this guy was either and I've never missed a Glee episode. 10 minutes of aggregate screen time and a couple dozen lines hardly = star.

September 10, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • William

If you guys don't know who he is, you are obviously getting old. Welcome to my world.

September 19, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
    • r

I've watched Glee since the first episode and I didn't remember who this Glee star was until I read it here.

September 21, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jonnychops

Doesn't/hasn't he also played a minor role on 30 Rock?

October 3, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Yeddo

Who cares? They'll just go through a painful divorce of few years from now and fight over custody of their "daughter".

September 6, 2011 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Kate

..which is SO much worse than when straight couples do it and have custody battles over children.

September 22, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  35. lmao

Tracie might be able 2 tell u. lol

September 6, 2011 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  36. Tom

@Over it already (from the Cleveland Already family, no doubt): DId if ever occur to your pee brain that gay people might be sick of having STRAIGHT weddings and couples in OUR faces all the time?

September 5, 2011 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • saby

AAh, such as their parent's straight weddings?

September 6, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Thatsrightbub

@saby – you assume their parents were married. jack@ss.

September 6, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • LO

You assume their parents were straight just cause they were married... and that their father wasnt one of the millions of "married men" posting for discreet penis encounters on craigslist ;-)

September 20, 2011 at 6:12 am | Report abuse |
  37. how cute

Lin duh and Gemini are the same person. Psycho, too, see him/her talking to oneself and answering, too? About as loony as this article.

September 5, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  38. @Gemini

Who's that? I love a man w/power.

September 5, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gemini

Why it is none other, than Gold Troll Leader of the Under The Bridge Troll Kingdom. Quite handsome and all powerful, I shall say.

September 5, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Gold Troll Leader

and it continues...........

September 5, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Gemini

Linda, the commanding officer has told us to stand down, therefore we shall submit and obey.

September 5, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  41. saby

I guess its the same comment as women wearing heels , or make up, how do you put up with it most of the time? honesty, surely its uncomfortable?

September 6, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  42. SG

@Over it already: I really don't care what straight people do in private, but do we have to hear about their weddings all the time? See – the Royal Wedding, Kim Kardashian's wedding, Hugh Hefner's lack of a love life. What is the difference between all of that rabble and this?

September 6, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Namecalling

You are a toad.

September 8, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  44. Sam

"Sick and wrong"...two words that also come to mind when I see your horrific children's faces.

September 9, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |