September 2nd, 2011
10:15 AM ET
Work sucks, but until you win the lottery, you’ll just have to savor holidays like Labor Day.
To get a jump on the Monday dedicated to not working, consider this list of movies about coffee breaks, corporations and cubicle culture.
Forget about what you're supposed to be doing right now. That email can wait, and conference calls never start on time. Waste some time, look busy in the process, and share your favorite work-related movies. Here are mine:
1. "Office Space" (1999): “I don’t like my job and I don’t think I’m going to go anymore.” – Peter Gibbons
2. "Fight Club" (1999): “This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.” – Narrator (Chuck Palahniuk supposedly wrote the first chapter while killing time at work).
3. "Glengarry Glen Ross" (1992): “Coffee is for closers.” – Blake
4. "The Secret of My Success" (1987): “He's not a person, he's a suit! You're mailroom. No consorting.” – Fred Melrose
5. "Nine to Five" (1980): “They're showing the Boss who's the BOSS!” – movie tagline
"Swimming with Sharks" (1994): “You're happy. I hate that!” – Buddy
"Head Office" (1985): I didn't get this job because I'm a moron... I got this job because IIIIIIIII'm NOT a moron!” – Howard Gross
"Wanted" (2008): “My job title is account manager. I used to be called an account service representative, but a consultant told us we have to manage our clients, and to not service them.” – Wesley
"Horrible Bosses" (2011): The title speaks for itself.
From around the web
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.