Stacey Dash leaves VH1's 'Single Ladies'
September 1st, 2011

Stacey Dash leaves VH1's 'Single Ladies'

Stacey Dash is once again unattached.

The "Clueless" actress has left her role in the VH1 series "Single Ladies." In a statement, Dash said she was bowing out of the series which films in Atlanta, Georgia, for family reasons.

“I truly enjoyed playing Val on 'Single Ladies,' but I have decided to leave the show," she said. "I have to be back in L.A. with my children right now and the ‘Single Ladies’ shooting location makes that impossible.  I wish VH1 the best of luck with the show and in maintaining the strong fan base we developed in season one.”

There had been rumored trouble on the set (including a speculated physical altercation) between Dash and co-star LisaRaye, whom told CNN in May that there was no truth to the reports.

The network released a statement wishing Dash well.

“VH1 respects Stacey’s decision and her commitment to what she feels is best for her family," the statement said. "We thank her for all of her hard work in making ‘Single Ladies’ a success right out of the gate, and we wish her nothing but the best in her future plans.”

1. Nizamt Shannahc

I just like the valuable info you supply in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again right here frequently. I am rather certain I’ll learn many new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the following!

July 5, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Pamela Jackson

yes i did get use to her..but no she cant act..and i think Meagan Goode could play Val....

October 2, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. Leo

Lovely look lady....Some guy is extremly lucky.....a fantasy girl......

September 9, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  4. Natashafx.com

Maybe they can move the show to LA if that's the real reason why she left. Hey, they can replace the show with a new one, Girlfriend Lies. Has a little more substance. Check it out on amazon.

September 7, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Natasha

Stacey wasn't the best actress but she fit perfectly in that role. Don't know how the show will do without her unless they get an awesome replacement. But if you like Single Ladies you'd love Girlfriend Lies.

September 7, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Shillis

So sorry Stacey's leaving, but I totally respect her for putting her priorities (her family) first.
    No one else can play the role of Val as she did! I loved the show for the other actors but she was the main character. Atlanta isn't for everyone! I enjoy my visits but it's still the dirty south...closed minded folks...beautiful but CLOSED minded. It's a big contrast to California. Can you say Culture shock?

September 2, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sidecritic

I thought she was leaving, because she can't act. I hope they can find some real talent for the show.

September 1, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Natasha

You are right, she can't act but somehow we got used to her and I think she did the best job she should.

September 7, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  8. LA

I really like her but not the show. Don't blame her for coming back home – Atlanta is hot as HE double hockey sticks! lol I'm really surprised at the shows the Queen is putting out. That other show on BET is sorry too.

September 1, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. TGirl

Kind of glad Stacy moved on...this show seemed way too low class for her level of acting expertise. The show was awful because of it's plethora of overkill societal issues....way too many common dating situational issues packed into each show....not to mention the bad acting...and bad lines....so she should be saying "good riddance".....sorry Latifah but you should be able to produce a better show than this....YUCK !

September 1, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Anomic Office Drone

I have always thought she was absolutely beautiful. It's too bad she doesn't do more mainstream work.

September 1, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • wweblo

You are so right. I have adored this woman since clueless. She's beautiful and always looks much younger. I won't watch the show anymore. She added so much to it.

September 1, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Raye

I am sorry to hear about the family problems that you are having. I am one of the fans that really like watching the show. Good acting sometimes are hard to come by when the show is getting to the good part. I look forward of seeing you again on the screen. Take care....

September 1, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Vis

I hate to see her go. I agree, there is no one else who can rock that part. Although the acting in general was kind of bad, I loved the storylines...please reconsider, Stacey. I loved the show because it wasn't all about grown women fighting each other all the time...

September 1, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Empre

My girls & I will not be watching. We love Stacey Dash. This show will not be worth watching without her. She is down to earth and fun to watch. The other ladies suck. (SMH.....will miss Stacey Dash). She will do something in LA for sure. Love you Stacey!! :)

September 1, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  14. TORI

I think she was the best for the show. who knows whats going to happen. But working with a bunch of ladies there is bound for drama, i am willing to bet that is what is was and that is why she left/ i really hate that she is not going to be on the show.

September 1, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Get a room (@ Pliny)

That's all those two have. "Firsty" and poop jokes. Other than that their existence is meaningless.

September 1, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Get a room

Damn she's fine. Even at this age she can still rock it. Even at 45 I bet.

September 1, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Superhiro

Man, haven't seen her since Kanye's All Falls Down video.

September 1, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Boooo

Well I've definitely loss interest in the show. I know that it's hard to work with difficult actors – if the rumors of her being so are true – but Dash embodied that character. I can't see anyone else doing the role justice.

September 1, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Kisa Kisa

SMH...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7m56YH-lHw&w=640&h=390]

September 1, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Pliny

Traci where are you?

It's not fair to leave us without repeating your poop joke for the 1000000th time.

Oh...and portalpuke....you are first....congrats on achieving what will undoubtedly be the high-point in your life.

September 1, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  21. tds

Lies! Sorry Stacey nobody leaves a popular sitcom after the first season unless there was some kind of drama behind the scenes..

September 1, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |