Country music’s newest sweethearts
August 31st, 2011

Country music’s newest sweethearts

Move over Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton are country music’s newest sweethearts.

In a brand new interview, Miranda opens up about falling for husband Blake Shelton in 2005. Their story is straight out of a country song – Blake was a married man when they met.

In an interview with NBC’s Dateline, Miranda says she felt an immediate “draw” to Blake when they met during a country music concert.

“I knew he was married. I had seen their wedding picture in Country Weekly. I knew better, like, this is off limits,” Lambert said.

Shelton eventually divorced his first wife. In 2006, he and Lambert began dating, and five years later - on May 14, 2011 - they were married in a lavish ceremony on a ranch in Texas.

The heart wants what it wants!

Do you think Lambert was wrong to fall for Shelton when he was married? Post your opinions below and join us for this big debate! See you exclusively tonight at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN!

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. the couple above is not dysfunctional..

they are real

April 21, 2013 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. The Account Belongs Too the hacker123...

April 21, 2013 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Click For More

Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I have been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast offered vivid transparent concept

April 21, 2013 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Great Talent In the Music Industry (photo above)

I love music.

April 21, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  5. Go To These Guys

Magnificent goods from you, man. I've consider your stuff prior to and you are simply extremely magnificent. I actually like what you have acquired right here, really like what you are stating and the way in which in which you assert it. You are making it entertaining and you continue to care for to stay it smart. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.

April 21, 2013 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  6. ldr1217

congrats to u 2 i luv both of u :)

November 22, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. Argle Bargle

Goat music.

September 3, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Noah

Two hillbillies? That's hilariously brilliant, "Evel Knievel." Truly. You've probably never even been to the south, have you? Idiot.

September 1, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • ldr1217

yeah why would we be hillbillies when Yankees are in our territory insulting southern people why do Yankees have to be so insulting so thanks for standing up for southern people :)

November 22, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  9. meadowmuffin

I like the both of them but don't agree with how they meet. I did read an article from his ex wife stating that she caught them in the act...came home to find Miranda's boot at they door...was the most devastating day of her life.

September 1, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  10. rene

I am the biggest Miranda Lambert fan out there and I know the whole story. Blakes marriage was already on the rocks when he and Miranda met. Miranda knew it was off limits and she was there for him as A FRIEND while he was goin thru a divorce. They acted on their feelings after his divorce because Blake knew if there was going to be any chance of it working between him and Miranda he needed a little space. She waited for him like a best friend and caring partner would. Marquee blog your headline makes it out to be so seedy. get your facts straight first before you go dragging anybody thru the mud!

September 1, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  11. Martin T

Love is love... things happen, humans are nothing more than animals and physical attraction is part of the nature of our species. My wife and I were both married to others when we met, fell in love, and later divorced bad partners in order to be together. So what? IF they needed our permission, I bet they would have asked, but they didn't so.....

September 1, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  12. Marie

LeAnnn hooked up while he was still married. Blake and Miranda have gone on record saying that it was hands off and just friends until after his divorce. He was having marital problems when he met Miranda, she did not cause them.

September 1, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  13. Gregory

How is it that Leann Rimes is going through a similar situation, yet she gets bashed left and right while Miranda gets supported? It doesnt make sense...

September 1, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • dd pooomp

cuz leann rimes looks like an amphibian with a blonde wig! Now go be her friend and let her have a suckle of your zipple

September 2, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  14. WLM

I am not a big fan of either of these 2 but if the heart wants what it wants, you cant fight it. I just hope for the sake of his ex wide, there was no affair.. I wonder if there is more to this story....

September 1, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  15. jansirr@colton.com

I don't know if these two had an affair while he was married but if they did the old adage "If he did it with ya he'll do it to ya" sounds like a view into the future.

September 1, 2011 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  16. Carla

I don't particularly care for her, but you *absolutely* cannot help you have feelings for. As long as they didn't have an affair, they did nothing wrong.

September 1, 2011 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  17. Evel Knievel

So two hillbillies got married? That happens in trailer parks across the country every day. What's the big deal?

September 1, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • mettle69

These two make me ill. And it looks like Shelton has already settled into married fatness.

September 1, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • ldr1217

you know what u are a YANKEE if you call people hillbillies b/c i am a southerner from Louisiana and i know that hillbillies are just YANKEES acting crazy so say something like that again U R A YANKEE HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU SUCK U YANKEE

November 22, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  18. Myra Robinson

Tim and Faith don't have to move over as you put it. there is plenty of room for other marrieds,but sounds like there could be some trouble brewing because of the way things happened with Blake and Miranda. lets see if these two can stand 15 years together,like the McGraws have so far. time will tell. good luck to them.

August 31, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  19. FIX IN TX

My husband fell for me the first and only time he saw me. He was married at that point and lived in Texas. I was temporarily living in Texas and returned to Pennsylvania. Three years later, he was divorced and visited me in Pennsylvania. The rest is history now that we have been married for 10 years and I am in Texas.

August 31, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  20. jurby

i don't think it was wrong for her to fall for him while he was still married to his first wife – as long as she didn't act on her feelings and make an effort to willingly break up the marriage. if she did act on her feelings then shame on her. besides, if he left his first wife for Miranda, then it's not like Blake would be an innocent in the breakup of his first marriage – it take 2 to tango, not just 1.

August 31, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  21. jillmarie

Wonder if there's more to this story. If not, it was an innocent crush, and they had the right timing after his marriage split. It's sweet that she liked him even back then.

August 31, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  22. MAdams

Yes, it's wrong. If you know a man is married, you shouldn't allow those thoughts/feelings to come to mind. Thou shalt not covet.

August 31, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Vip

I did not fall for a married man, CBloss so, your comment is thus disproven.

August 31, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. CBloss

Nah. I don't think it's wrong as long as she didn't push. We all fall for men who are married. :)

August 31, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie Murray

I agree that sometimes people get married to the wrong person. And if the marriage is not working life should go on and we have a right to happiness with someone that we can love if they return our feelings. Til death do us part can mean if love dies to me...and sometimes it just isn't there.

October 23, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |