Chris Brown flies above on the VMAs
August 29th, 2011

Chris Brown flies above on the VMAs

Has Chris Brown finally risen above the controversy?

It's been two years since the singer pleaded guilty to felony assault on then girlfriend Rihanna. Since then, he has continued to make music, and generally tried to keep his career on track.

His performance at Sunday’s MTV Music Video Awards is being hailed as one of the evening’s stand outs.

Brown took to the stage, dressed in a white suit, to his song “Yeah 3X” before launching into classic tracks - “Protect Your Neck” by Wu-Tang Clan and Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit.” All the while, he and his dancers performed a series of intricate, choreographed moves.

When he transitioned into his song “Beautiful People,” he flew across the stage and turned flips above the audience via thin cables, landing periodically to continue his dance moves. He ended with some very "Matrix"-like moves.

The response on Twitter was immediate.

Prophex tweeted "#ChrisBrown. IS a Beast" while user Manny Versace tweeted, "Best performance so far #ChrisBrown." Laurel Berryman tweeted, "#chrisbrown by far does the most memorable performances at these award shows. Dream big."

Even actress Lindsay Lohan tweeted,"@ChrisBrown killed it. #MTVVMAs."

Not that he was without his detractors. Logan Dukes tweeted "I don't [sic] how good you can sing and dance you still can't beat up a female like that.#chrisbrown," And Shak Dizzle wrote #ChrisBrown beat a woman down, did you guys forget that. He gets no respect."

And at least one celeb appeared not to love it. TMZ posted video of Rihanna's mentor (and expectant father), rapper Jay-Z, not clapping for Brown's performance.

What do you think?  Sound off below!

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Chris Brown • Jay-Z • MTV VMAs • Music

1. d'Fox

despite wat them haters are sayin..! i'l alwys b chris brown's FAN..! if u think u ar perfect in evrything, try walkin on water, if cn pass tht test..! Then i'll hate Chris Brown for 1 mistake tht happen 2 years back for th rest my life bt if u dnt u got serias problems.. Let go..!!!!!!

September 1, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  2. Stupid

These post are still keeping Chris Brown name in your mouth, good or bad he is still making his money. And like Chris said I get what you make in ten years in two days. That sums it up.... EAT his shorts....... lol all the way to the bank Chris!!!!!!!!

August 31, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. Honesty

Chris Brown is a Global Phenom. Chris performance was the best at the VMA's. Chris attempts performanes no artist would dare do and because of that he is the best live entertainer in the universe. Chris was only nineteen when the incident occured. He was a young boy who regrets it everyday and ignorant people want allow him to move on from the past. Yes your past follows you but no one is perfect. We all done things that we regrets!! What really makes me upset is grown adults(media, news) putting this young man down. They are the ones with the bad behavior.

August 31, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. wendy

Just more dumb N!GGERShyt.

August 31, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Honesty

Wendy, you don't like black people? Oh well, we are here forever, join the human race and you'll feel better. Much love

August 31, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. marise bond

To all the haters, get a life after 3 more years ,we will see chris and rihanna back together because is gone be none of your busniss. by the way i thing your make enoug money with them time to move on our life. They still love each other.

August 30, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Debbie

OMG! Leave the man alone! YES, he is very damn talented and for those of you that can't see it are just in denial! You are hating on him for the incident with Rhiana two years ago, so you will never admit that the man is talented! Move on please and let him live his life! I guareente that Rhiana has forgiven him and would probably like to talk to him to this day (but she would never do that in public for fear of the back-lash). YES, what he did was wrong, but didn't he pay his dues? He was 19 and still learning and growing and if he doesn't change, that's his business and only time will tell!

August 30, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. harold

Chris Brows is just another typical lying N!GGER.

August 30, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Rob

Oh, Wanda....

August 30, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  9. wanda

you people need to grow-up he made a mistake, how long does he have to pay for it? In my day it was if you didnot want to get hit keep your hands too yourself. people need to accept the fact that young women are not the same as when they were growing up.young women today will put their hands on a young man first and try to toe to toe with them. I dont know what world you people live in but you need to take a good look around you and wake the hell-up. coming from a mom of 3 young men.....

August 30, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  10. Rob

WesDeezy is 100 percent right (except maybe his comment about Mr. autotune being 'talented'). There used to be a time where we held our people (not just celebrities, but PEOPLE) to a higher standard. JP says we can't claim to 'know' a man based on one act. JP, yes we can. Some acts are just so heinous they speak volumes. Deborah asks "so when do we forgive.' Again, some acts are simply unforgivable. OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony prove that. And anyone that argues that Chris' actions are not on the same level are simply minimizing the seriousness of domestic violence.

August 30, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  11. kewizzy

youáll haters should stop for a minute say to yourself that you have never done anything stupid and regrettable in ur entire life. This boy did something wrong, he was pleaded guilty, he faced d law, he apologized to the pulic, he lost almost everything he had but now he is back on his feet. What else do you people want from him? Leave him let him be...He is a good artist and he still loves Rihanna and I think Rihanna still has a special place in here heart for him. I hope they come back togetha (dreaming)...Peace lol

August 30, 2011 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  12. Educate yourselves

Also the victim of an abusive relationship tries to protect the abuser, at what time did Rhianna try to protect Chris Brown, but Chris Brown has been protecting Rhianna from the start. Ask yourself this, why was Chris Brown put through an abusive relationship class, why was a restraining order put in place and only Rhianna was fighting it in the beginning. Why did the judge talk to Rhianna for about 30 minutes after sentencing. Chris Brown received probation because he pleaded guilty, Rhianna received the lecture because she was not innocent.

August 30, 2011 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  13. Educate yourselves

Men are abuse almost as much as women are. Most men just come up with excuses from the abuse they receive from women. If you examine the relationship between the two, Rhianna has been slapping and hitting Chris through there relationship. In any abusive relationship the other party finally has enough and lashes out, a lot of times it is deadly because of all the built up anxiety and frustration they have towards that person. Rhianna has a violent history of hitting others not Chris Brown. It is a very false misconception that a man should never hit a woman. The number one rule to life is self preservation, you must realize that he was driving when all this happened, when you are put in a precarious situation, there is no telling how you will lash out.

August 30, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  14. Latice

I love chris brown and his music! He did something wrong 2 YEARS AGO, but that will not make me feel any different about him. I was not there so I do not know what happen. I am only going by what she said. He is human and everyone makes mistakes and learn from them. This is rarely a case where someone repeat the same mistake twice. Nothing will will ever stop me from being a fan and loving his music. All I can say to the haters is, if you do not like him stop looking at his videos and stop commenting on anything that has to do with him. Leave that up to is #teambreezy fan! By he way I LOVED HIS PERFORMANCE!

August 29, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. shell517nj

I'm sure rihanna loves hearing and seeing this in the paper like everyday. she should get an injunction or something. enough already.

August 29, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Dladystarr

BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT!!!!!!!! I'VE BEEN THROUGH WORSE AND SEEN WORSE IN THE NEWS. THIS CRITIQUE IS OLD AS AN OLD BOOT ALREADY. U BEAT DOWN SOMEONE WHO MADE A JUDGEMENT IN ERROR. OH WOW THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE IN HUMAN HISTORY. HOLY COW. MY GOD CAN WE HEAR ABOUT CHRIS AND RIHANNA AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. jUDGE OTHERS AND AS U WILL ONE DAY BE JUDGED GODS PROMISE!! PS: AMERICA LET CASEY ANTHONY GET AWAY WITH MURDERING HER CHILD, WHERE'S THE PROTEST IN THAT. I HAVEN'T HEARD A PEEP FROM THE MEDIA. MAKES U WONDER.

August 29, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  17. WesDeezy

If you haven’t noticed, I enjoy speaking out against people I don't respect which includes men who hit women. For the record, I do have a life, but I also had free time at the end of my work day so I decided to spend it talking to you people who are dumb enough to think positively about a man who hit a woman. I'm about to go home, walk the dogs, go to the gym, and eat my dinner made by my girlfriend who I would never lay a hand on. You guys have a great evening! This was fun!

August 29, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Autumn

All i have to say is wow, Chris beats up his girlfriend once and apoligized for it. Hes human and make mistakes.

August 29, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Aaliyah

honestly the whole rihanna thiing is irrelevant to his performence chris brown shouldnt have to live with people like u guys continuesly bringing up his pass what he did was bad but she forgave him and he said sorry he did what he need to do he shouldnt have to sit around and say sorry to anybody in my opinion chris brown is an amazing performer and nobody should use someones personal liife to justify their talents you guys know hes good

August 29, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • WesDeezy

haha, so if I know one of my employees is beating his wife but his work product is still good, I shouldn't care?? I love the logic, final product is all that matter! Who cares if your shoes are made in a sweatshop rt? Yayy for not caring about character and integrity!!

August 29, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Des

Your right, he should be punished for eternity for what could have happened but didn't. GIve me a break, obviously if he was a murderer we wouldn't be listening to his music. If he showed no remorse or an ounce of effort to change I would feel differently. Its quite apparent that you aren't changing your opinion with allllllll your posts. I am sure those of us who are on the other side of the fence wont either.

August 29, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ughaluga

Forget not possible while still a "show off" talent.

August 29, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  21. WesDeezy

to everyone who keeps saying "we all make mistakes", or "how can you judge when you have made mistakes".....there is difference between making mistakes and beating your girlfriend to a pulp. I have had some ugly break ups in my day, made a few cry, and even told one girl to "go f*** yourself", but last I checked that was not the same as beating someone. If she had died would you all still jam his music and sing his praises? Or is the line of too far somewhere between a bloody pulp and a dead body? I honestly don’t get it…

August 29, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Des

Yes, what he did was wrong. He has paid and is paying his debt to society. He obviously has a problem he is working on. EVERYONE, has something that needs changing and work. He shouldn't have to pay for the rest of his life! You people are obviously walking in PERFECTION, who think he is condemed to a life of payment 1 nights actions.

August 29, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  23. I Love The Way That You Lie

*roughed*

August 29, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  24. I Love The Way That You Lie

I love getting rouged up and beaten during hot s3x

August 29, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  25. m0m0

Chris has done better...it was an ok performance, however, overall – he's quite talented and does produce great entertainment. In regards to JayZ not clapping...ummm....SO!?!?!?! At this point, I hope Chris doesn't care. JayZ, I'm MORE than willing to bet has slapped, kicked, bit and plenty of people, women included. It just so happens that he has a few dollars in his pocket and declared his "daddyIsm" for RihRih. I'm not condoning their behavior (because I also believe she was acting a fool in the car TOO) – all I'm saying is it's over, damn...let the man live, work and progress. Carry on Breezy...

August 29, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  26. sharlisa

B>S you want to hold on to it and you are not the ones it happened to, He can't move on without a temper tantrum becuase you don't have a life and want to bring it up EVERY TIME you say is name DAMN.If we brung up all your bad choices every time you made one then the news will never end. Jay Z holds back because he is a friend to rhianna we don't know her, we don't know him we know about a incident and as a person who has been in abusive relationsip, FORGIVENESS HONEY.. like Rhianna did who holds on to that kind of negativity... I am not downsizing it, but its not our grudge to hold but it is our responsiblity to make sure our little men and women know proper respectable behavior and right now.. Rhianna isn't showing it she is no role model for my girls and they will tell you that. GET A LIFE.. the boy has talent. Rhianna shakes her ass cant sing, and she has moved on. MOVE ON..Chris did good last night. His performance and Beyonce's were the best ones...

August 29, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • WesDeezy

I agree 100% he is talented. I agree that it is not "our grudge to hold". Yes, let the man live; yes, let her forgive him if she wants to…it is not my business. That doesn't mean that I can't feel sick to my stomach and/or speak out about how sad it is that I live in a society where talent so greatly outweighs character. That is what bothers me. It is not just CB or any one particular artist. Those that are his fans should understand that they making a broad statement about how we as a society reward people. If you think talent trumps character, that's fine, but just know and acknowledge what statement you are making and don’t be surprised when your peers speak up. If you want to duck this responsibility and just say “I have no life” or I am a "hater", enjoy your life of ignorance, I heard it is blissful

August 29, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • jp

Wes, it's not about the talent, it's the fact that he is a person. Get a clue

August 29, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • SoSoulful

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!! Now people are starting to look at Ri Ri in a different light because of her recent behavior....GOOD, I'm glad that are.

August 30, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  27. WesDeezy

Please note that you as an individual that supports Chris Brown and continues to make the man rich and famous, you are helping to make a statement about the rest of society (not to mention the kids). You are helping to say that collectively as consumers we don't care about the integrity of the people who create the products or entertainment we consume. A lot of us care about character and integrity, and we get upset with situations like this where we have to deal with living next to people like his fans who only care about the finished product. This goes for music, food, cars, shoes, etc. I won’t buy shoes made in a sweatshop just as I will not buy the CD of man who hits women.

August 29, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  28. WesDeezy

Since he did not hit me and only hit her, it is up to her to forgive him and not me. I am only a consumer, so it is not my place to forgive him or not, he did nothing wrong to me. I, as a consumer of music, have the right to judge him as a man who beat a woman and choose to not buy his music and try to convince others to not enrich a man who nearly killed his girlfriend with his bare hands. You, on the other hand, can choose to support a man who beat his girlfriend to a pulp because he has great dance moves.

August 29, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  29. WesDeezy

Testing.....Testing, why can't respond to Deb.....if this doesn't show up I will never vist this blog again!

August 29, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  30. WesDeezy

I love how people think that because he can sing and dance that we shouldn't judge him based his actions. If he seeks forgiveness from the people he hurt directly, Rihanna, and receives that forgiveness, more power to him! I can NEVER respect a man who has EVER hit a woman (especially how badly he beat her up), no matter how talented he is. I judge a man by his actions and I think we would be a better society if we didn't give people a pass for being bad people because they are entertaining to us...BUT that is not how our society works and I'm stuck here in this world with all you idiots who don't care about the character of a person, and only how awesome their dance moves are.....smh

August 29, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deborah

So when do you forgive? He's done all that, so when do you forgive!

August 29, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really!

Wes, i understand that either you or I can change the way an individual feels about a subject. I can only go based on how I was raised and how I have lived my life. I wasn't perfect but through my trials and tribulations I learned from my mistakes. Life is just simply too short to keep dwelling on the past as to what I believe. So with that being said i respect how you or others feel about this subject and appreciate that we have the ability to even express our thoughts into this matter.

August 29, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joanna

I find it funny that you think you can judge this man when you have made mistakes yourself and are in no high position or divine authority to judge him. If you don't want to listen to this man, that's fine, but don't waste my time and yours posting about how you despise this guy. Your hate is not needed right now. Why don't YOU get a life and stop complaining about Chris's?

August 29, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • T.Davis

@WesDeezy I hope to GOD you dont own a Eminem CD cause if you do you are a walking hypocrite. Eninem is a known woman beater. His first two CD thats ALL he talked about, but everyone let it slide why? Oh wait because he is WHITE!!! Charlie sheen shot his ex gf, put a knife to another ex gf and yet he is still making MILLIONS. oh wait thats because he is WHITE! Now Im not condoning what Chris Brown did but the one difference between CB and those others i mentioned is CB was a kid when he assaulted his GF. At the end of the day, CB brown has to live with what he did. when the kid is 40 are ya'll gonna still bash him and still praise Eminem?

August 29, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • drizzybaby

lmao so if u got stab n beat up by a group of women u wouldnt defend urself.who know what she did first.i want 2 c that n c what u will do.

August 30, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  31. ughaluga

Do you realize they were driving a car worth over $500k and on their way to attending a glitzy award show? What lays beneath the brute could not be glossed over with success whether he is young or not. Non brutes when young just have fun. ugh... Beautiful people until I beat/pummell/ go crazy ape sh(# on ya. LOSER BEAT SHOES.

August 29, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Really!!!

Get over it!!! Yes, he made a huge mistake by hitting a woman. Yes it was an awful thing to do. Do you realize that Rihanna and Chris are just kids? He has accepted responsibility and now just trying to move forward with his life. It's called being human. Put yourself in this kids shoes for once and imagine what he has to go through on a daily basis with his own guilt and with the public scrutinizing him every minute he appears out in the open. It can become very stressful and frustrating. It humors me to read the $*@t people say, we as the audience hold these entertainers and even sports players so high on a pedestal that we seem to lose sight on the fact that they are human and bleed the same red blood as we do. Life isn't perfect and either is he. So don't waste your time judging what people have done and ridicule them as if you are any better with all the decisions and mistakes you made in your life. Chris Brown did an outstanding job performing and it was nice to see some decent entertainment on stage again. And for those of you who just can't let it go, turn off the tv and go read a book. There are far more important things to worry about like your job and financial stability.

August 29, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • ughaluga

Hitting is different than pummelling.

August 29, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • WesDeezy

The only reason we worry about it is because it says something about our society as a whole. The fact that people who find him to be unrespectable as man, have to sit in this society that we have crafted where idiots like you help to enrich a guy who beat the live crap out of a woman. But hey, as long as he has wicked dance moves he deserves to be rich, who cares what kind of person he is….god bless America

August 29, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • WesDeezy

Really!, I appreciate your clear headed response. I keep seeing people say "we all make mistakes", yes we all make mistakes, but we don't all almost beat the life out of our girlfriends. It is up to him and Rihanna to move on and not "keep dwelling on the past" since it was an event in their lives. I'm but a lowly consumer of pop culture. I wish more people felt it was up to us as a society to judge people on their character just as much as we judge them on their talents, but that is not the case. I understand that I am fighting a losing battle in regards to hoping our culture would reward only the best people among us. We even glorify people who are not just bad people but have no talent as well (need I say, Kardashian).

August 29, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • jp

WesDeezy, your a fool. You have absolutely no idea what kind of person he is. Please get really. You judge him on the little information you have about this guy. People like you are worse than someone that does what he did, and yes as a society, we are supposed to help those that have fallen or do wrong things. Apparently your just a different breed of human and the type that I wished didn't exist. Apparently no one can ever do wrong or just things that you don't like because their forever condemn. Get a life.

August 29, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  33. MONA

oh yeah some people are acting as if they never fell short...He made a very big mistake–horrible but he admitted it and paid his price....remember what you did and doing and never judge anyone because someone can say the same about you..

August 29, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  34. MONA

JAY Z WAS SMILING SO I THINK HE WAS ACTING COOL AND DID LIKE THE PERFORMANCE..

August 29, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Not the other diva

Leave Chris Brown alone! Move on people!

August 29, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Hola!

He and Mel Gibson should go out drinking together – then beat the crap out of each other.

August 29, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  37. ughaluga

Chris Brown's song should be fully name "Beautiful People' until I beat them down.

August 29, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Krissy

Hate all you want, if Rhiana forgave him then you all are holding onto a grudge that isnt even yours!! WACK!!! Either way the kid is still getting paid!!!! AND he is still one of the best dancers alive.... lip synching?? lets see if Adele can move around like that and hold a note!!! LMAO!! What about these synchrinized wack songs that Kanye and Weezy made, they cant hold a tune, but lame-O's are blowing up charts with their VOCALS!!!

August 29, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • ProperVillain

Adele is talented enough where her voice alone commands attention. She doesn't need to distract the audience from crap vocals by having a stage full of dancers, pyrotechnics, and arriving via flying in by high wires. The true mark of an artist is being able to captivate with a voice, not an elaborate stage show. CB doesn't have the pipes, autotune does it all for him.

August 29, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  39. ProperVillain

Beyond the controversy: Yes. Capable of making great music: Never. Another mediocre "artist" made famous by a record label marketing machine and the assistance of auto tune. Mediocre lyrics, mediocre music, mediocre subject matter, mediocre to boring personality. Boring, boring, boring....

August 29, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Bree

I say let him live his life hitting Rihanna was wrong but NONE of us really knows what went on between them. [Not even that that matters] However the chair incident is not a fair argument put yourself in the shoes of a man who has been through all of the above for a terrible mistake made then you try to get past it and on the path to success and everytime you turn around you're being slapped in the face with it come on ppl Chris has great music in my opinion and he's also a great performer let him live his life opinions are opinions but you downing him doesnt make your slate any cleaner. In reality what you're saying about him doesnt matter because he's rich and famous living his life while you're sitting behind a computer bad mouthing him.

August 29, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  41. portalpunk

THIRTYFOURTHY!!!

August 29, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Shelby

Best performance of the night? How did he even have the nerve to get on stage before/after artists with actual talent like Gaga, Adele, and Bruno Mars? If you're going to lip synch, at least be convincing...and he looked ridiculous being flung all over the stage.

August 29, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  43. JL

There is something to be said for artists that can dance and entertain AND STILL SING WHILE PERFORMING! Is he a "singer" or a circus act? Kudos to Beyonce and Lady Gaga – they worked it out both with performance and vocals!!!

August 29, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Anomic Office Drone

I just see someone who hits women.

August 29, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  45. jb

He looked a fool flies around his fan call that dance thank goodness not BET award looked crazy....

August 29, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  46. oyo

all ye hater let go of the past, is been 2yrs.

August 29, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dues paid already

I'm with you. Enough is enough already, and Jay-Z grow up you are about to become a father. Beyonze, you deserve so much better that this man.

August 29, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Msjay

I am commenting from the perspective of a mother four children and grandmother of four girls. I raised my boys not to hit any young lady. I always told my girls not to hit a man either. If they do, they just might get hit back. I am sure that many of you were told that if someone hit you, you better hit them back. In the future they will think twice before hitting you again. Rihanna should not have passed the first lick. She did and inn my opinion, she got what she asked for. Let it go. I also heard that Rihanna and Chris were communicating with each other. You people are spending to much time focusing on someone else's problem. You can tell that ignorance runs rampant on most of your lives.

August 30, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  47. alecia

Too bad they didnt drop it on its head but it probably wouldnt make any difference anyway. it would still be a low life sob no matter what. scream @ me all you want but my sisters husband beat her into a convalesant home so i can say what i want.

August 29, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • jp

That's pretty mature. What happened to your sister is terrible, but does that mean that you don't have to act like a decent human being? Please don't say you're a God fearing person! So tired people claiming to be believers in God, yet don't want to act like it.

August 29, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Frank

Do any of these 'entertainers' ever actually sing? Or like D-bag above is everything lip synched and auto-tuned to death? Pathetic.

August 29, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Joe

....anyone ever stop to think that maybe Rihanna deserved it???

August 29, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wow

Now there's a thought.

August 29, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Booo

I won't go as far to say she deserved it only because I wasn't there to see how everything transpired. But I do find it suspect that someone who milked the situation for all it was worth (rihanna) also puts out music glorifying being whipped, having her hair pulled, and having rough bedroom relations.

August 29, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • chrissy

i heard she hit him first...if i hit someone im expecting to be hit back...she loves the drama cant u ppl see....she loves the love hate relationship...as long as noone found out that is...breezy is awesome...hes got mad talent...and too bad for all u suckers...those without sin cas the first stone yall tlking bout his crimes wen yall may b doing wrst....

August 29, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  50. mejazzbo

A lot of fun to watch! He helped make it an event. I believe his domestic problem was blown way out of proportion by people with their own man hating agenda. Solid people overcome adversity. Rihanna got a lot of milage from the incident. Seems they both are doing well now.

August 29, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Gabriel

Don Cornelius amongst others were allowed to get on with their careers after domestic violence way past Chris Brown's then 19yrs old...others...Mickey Rourke beat Carre Otis,Jackson Browne beat daryl Hannah,Sean Penn beat Madonna,John Brolinbeat Diane Lane..add Vanilla Ice with seeral domestic abuse incidents.
    Chris was spectacular last night..great concept!!!..

August 29, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  52. ellis

you are free to hate as much as you want, its a free country but the more you hate is the more he rises to the top and that's what you fail to know b/cos you have sited vision of breezys creative abilities. God bless you all

August 29, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Naomee S.

Maybe..just maybe Jay-z didn't feel like standing up. He nodded his head, geez everyone doesn't have to be friends or display good sportsmanship. This is a topic that is OVERKILLED because theres nothing else to itch about.

August 29, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  54. lynn

Misty, i totally agree with you!

August 29, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Misty

Amen. Sometimes when people just have a natural HATE for someone, they can overlook such trivial facts. JayZ knows his past is stained, and is in the position to actually HELP Chris and advise him, but chooses to look down on him as if he's any better. He needs a reality check.

August 29, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Ameila

I loved it.

August 29, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Misty

Chris Brown had HANDS DOWN the best performance of the night. The night was going down and he lifted that crowd's spirits. The people that stood up and cheered for Chris outweighed the one 40 year old sour-puss that wanted to act like a child.

Jay z is not blameless. He is a former drugdealer, has stabbed someone, and is even caught on camera slapping a female. The only thing covering his sins is Beyonce, and he needs to continuously thank her for making him appear the way he does today. Chris has committed one offense and people like Jayz and Perez want to constantly remind us. WE ALREADY KNOW. Move on and allow the young man to shine in his music. Its 2011. Jayz has committed MULTIPLE offenses and has even been called out on the low by his ex colleagues. Plus Rihanna is his little side piece girlfriend. Are we really surprised?

KANYE, Kid Cudi, Justin Bieber and everyone else got up and gave Chris a STANDING OVATION. That speaks louder volumes.

August 29, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • TI

it certainly does speak volumes about how a known beater gets awarded. how low class can you be to stand up and applaud him? Take a look at those pictures of the woman he battered and then tell me how he's this great gift to the music world. If your conscience doesn't wake up upon viewing what he's' really like once the cameras are off him than I'd think you incredibly naive and heartless just like anyone who gave that child an ovation.

August 29, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mom Of Twins

I agree, I love Chris Brown.

August 29, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • CRR

first of all! jay-z did his crimes! um rappers are known for those crimes! lil wayne and t.i. still going back and forth to jail til this day! has jayz gone back to jail? no! Maybe because he has a good woman by his side that holds him down and not groupies! and chris browns music isnt good and its not exceptional like his talent has the ability to produce! kid cudi sucks! justin bieber hands down sucks! and i still wonder how he made it to this industry! kanye west was just standing and clapping because everyone else was standing!- dont be a simple mind and make simple ignorant comments!

August 29, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • jp

TI, people like you are worse than the people you condemn. Yeah, what he did was wrong, but to say that one moment(that we know of) defines him as a person is absurd. What are you 15? I don't know one person that hasn't done some very stupid things and I doubt there is one person that doesn't have some skeletons in their closet. You don't even know him? Grow up! No ones talking about looking past what he did, but they are talking about forgiving.

August 29, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • shell517nj

I wish this young man all the best. everyone deserves a second chance to do better than their worst day. just can't believe the number of people who don't believe.sad.

August 29, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Misty

@TI- I am not going to dignify that with an answer because I am an adult and I articulate my words. And from what you wrote, I can tell you are either a child or highly disturbed.

@CRR- So just because JayZ is a rapper, he was allowed to commit those crimes? Multiple ones at that? So it's ok for one but not the other to have a second chance, even though JayZ was in his late 20's and Chris was 19?

Also, JayZ has been in a lot of legal trouble–past and present. But it's called having a good lawyer and PR. He and Beyonce act as if no one is allowed to ask them necessary questions and follow a script, that's why it's always difficult to get FACTS from them. Unless you listen to underground news and testimonies from people who have been caught in JayZ's shady dealings, you would never know.
      Also you saying Kanye stood up because others did...um watch the footage again. He actually stood up before EVERYONE else did. Kanye is a genuine fan of Chris' artistry and knows he's a young man that is flawed but talented–as we all are. Also all the people you said "sucked" is a statement based on YOUR opinion. There are many people that "suck" but have MONEY and a fanbase. Just because it isn't YOUR cup of tea does not mean it isn't anothers.

August 29, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • SoSoulful

YOU EXACTLY RIGHT!!! It was so cute seeing JB say "That's my boy" and clapping. I love the fact that they all stood and gave that man the rightful so applaused that was needed. I loveeeeeeeed his performance!! Granted, it was not better than the first year he performed but it was still good and entertaining. CB FAN4LYFE!!!

August 30, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Honesty

I agree with your comment, Chris Brown is the best entertainer and his performance was the best.

August 31, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  57. Snorlax

He's an abuser and a liberal stooge. Please go away.

August 29, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  58. nick

its make me happy how you guys hate this kid and he keeps on being successful i remember when people thought his career was over the more hate this kid get the better.

August 29, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Luxe Heritage

To be honest, i think people's hate for him is what made him even more popular. Before the whole Rihanna thing, he was basically ignored by the media. I think that's why people are surprise he even had fans. He was huge, just not paparazzi big.

August 29, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  59. SoSoulful

GREAT PERFORMANCE!!!!! He beat Rihanna...everybody knows this and clearly we won't ever forget that but I can name several men that have been known to hit there girlfriends/wives and the media doesn't bring that up (i.e. Em, Sean Penn & Nicholas Cage just to name a few (its been reported, google it)). Judge that man on the performance and that's it!!! Its either you like it or you didn't. If you were never a CB fan...no need for you to speak on him then. As far as Jay-Z not clapping for him...who cares. Jay doesn't want them to air that clip in the doucmentary they did with him where he pops that chick in the face now does he...so he just need to sit down and enjoy becoming a daddy (which I'm super excited about that for him and Bey)!

August 29, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mom Of Twins

So true.

August 29, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • CRR

cough, cough-Those men are not of importance nowadays! so currently they are rarely in Americas view therefore they arent worth talking about!

August 29, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • RaGe0311

They're all woman beating cowards. Does that make you feel better? Wish some guy would have had the balls to beat the crap out of them when it happened.

August 30, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
    • SoSoulful

@CRR-Em is still in the public. Oh...so just because a person might not be in the spot like that excuses him for his past actions...I THINK NOT!!!! My point is the media doesn't bring up there mistakes or broadcast it like they do CB. If you are going to keep bringing up somebody's past mistakes, then you should do it for ALL ARTISIT when they decide to come back out into the spot light. Clearly that is just a dream, but the media should be fair.

August 30, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  60. MadCityBabe

regardless......his music is still total sh__t!

August 29, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  61. James

He is a POS wife/women beater. Just google R's pictures no woman deserves that. Ever.

August 29, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  62. B=Dog

I've seen more convincing lip syncing on Soul Train.

August 29, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  63. WLM

I understand he hit a woman but he cant live the shadow of that forever. That was 1 moment in his life compared to all the other accomplishments he has made. I am not excusing his behaviour, nor do I think it is right what he did but, He has made amends. Just let it be and enjoy his performance and singing which is quite good.

August 29, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • TI

what amends? last I heard he threw a tantrum in a dressing room and smashed a chair through a window. Dude's an egotistical manchild and his music is terrible.

August 29, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • mgc florida

a moment in his life? are you kidding abusers don't change and his childish actions on good morning america show he has not. I have not seen real remorse yet so I wont be watching or buying his music. That kind of behavior should have consequences.

August 29, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Booo

@mgc florida. But he was a child when he did it, almost. He was only 19. He wasn't some 40 year old man who's really experienced life. I think we should allow him to try to live his life and this is coming from someone who experienced domestic abuse.

August 29, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maria

YES FOR EVER! how you like a man hit your mother or sister ,your daugher? or even your wife (if you are a man) ? so you hit a woman and we supposed to forget ?I feel already sorry for you sorry ass for being a human! how sad !

August 29, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • CRR

Being a female from an abusive relationship! Sorry to disappoint you but Chris Browns fans are like an abused woman, we want to believe that our abuser will change and once we leave and return, we hope that the abuse has gone and he has grown into a decent man! Sadly enough he needs a lot more than anger management! He gets minimal respect from me! he music is not all that great! however i do listen to him rarely! Men like him are cowards! they wouldn't fight a man! but they will go get a gun and kill a man or people for that fact! All who says he has redeemed himself after all he still is doing after the fact of what happened 2 years ago needs to try taking a psychology class! learn about the mind and body!- All i have left to say is good morning America should be happy he didnt hurt anyone! and people need to be aware of him! He will redeem exactly how crazy he is soon enough! for only he can be redeem through god not fame or money!

August 29, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • RaGe0311

"he cant live the shadow of that forever ... 1 moment in his life compared to all the other accomplishments he has made. I am not excusing his behaviour ... He has made amends." Sounds like you're excusing him to me. To hell with him, what about Rhianna living in the shadow of humiliation? What about that one "moment in" her life of getting the crap kicked out of her and having to live with the shame of it all. Who did he make amends to?

August 30, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
    • RaGe0311

@Boo 19 or 40, it doesn't matter. He should reacted mature. Obviously he didn't and that doesn't excuse his behavior. I don't know who taught him that beating your woman from, but he learned it from someone. I'm pretty sure that any acts of remorse any amends are surely for show. Screw him. He's going to beat the wrong woman and end up having his d**k cut off.

August 30, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Uzume

How do you know it was '1 moment' ? One time he got reported more like it! Men who beat women don't just stop doing it, it's an anger management problem and a respect issue, they don't just stop because they get caught out once! I'm not a fan of Rhianna either but Brown is a violent coward until he actually does something to deal with his issues. Talk is very cheap!

August 30, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  64. James

His music stinks too.

August 29, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Peace

He reminded me of Peter Pan! Oh, firsty!

August 29, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • ldc1172

Chris is the S.....haters need to move on with their lives....when do forgiveness start....no one is perfect we all make mistakes.....better live and make mistake early than be old fool in life

August 29, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • J-Word

I heard that Mr. Brown was a complete loser when it came to the ladies and had real problems getting girls in high-school until he met that pick up artist that appeared on MTV last year (W. Anton) and attended one of his seduction seminars... Does anyone know if W. Anton spills any beans on how Chris took being "coached" into a ladies man in his book? I think it's called "The Manual: What Women Want..." or something like that.

August 29, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • GRamos

They should never let him live down the fact that he beat the crap out of a woman. All you who think that we just "need to move on" should look at it from the perspective of the victim. Think about how you would feel if you or a loved one got beat like Rhianna did and then two years later people were telling you to just move on, to just get over it. Bunch of hypocrites.

August 30, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |