Burning down the house on 'True Blood'
August 29th, 2011

Burning down the house on 'True Blood'

Chaos ensued this week after Antonia's vampire minions descended on the crowd at the Tolerance Hoedown with the sole purpose of killing Bill.

When it looked like Eric might actually do it, Sookie zapped him with a double shot of her fairy fists of fury. She not only saved Bill, but reversed both the spells Eric was under.

So, huzzah! Eric's back. Celebrate accordingly.

Afterward, Bill wanted to punish Antonia by blowing up Moon Goddess Emporium - no matter how many innocent people were inside while Nan toed the Authority party line.

On the other side of the cemetery, Sookie told Eric she still has feelings for Bill. Eric got all snarly, and they yammered back and forth about their Speshul Wuv. Sookie could have professed her love for Rasputin – Eric’s back and that's all I care about.

On the human front, Jason felt guilty about sleeping with Jessica and asked her to make him forget about their encounter.

Hoyt later appeared on Jason's doorstep like a wounded puppy, asking Jason if he could crash at his place while his broken heart mends.

This sent Jason over to Sookie's like a stupid, sexy puppy in painted on jeans. He also asked to be taken in to avoid Hoyt and his sad sackedness.

Sookie told Jason about the impending Vamps vs. Witches showdown (for real this time!) and the two later asked Lafayette and Jesus to help them save Tara and the others from Moon Goddess.

Meanwhile, the aftermath of the Tolerance Box Social left Antonia rattled, and she decided to vacate the premises, as it were, leaving Marnie without a plus one.

Marnie begged her to stay on and plied her with free Wi-Fi and a complimentary continental breakfast. There was also some other stuff about how awful vampires were and how they should unite to fight them and Antonia ultimately moved back in.

Elsewhere, Alcide drove a gravely injured Tommy to Merlotte's and he and Sam stayed by Tommy's side until he died. You know what? It actually made me kind of sad until I thought to myself, "I have one less character to write about. HOLLA!"

She unloaded on him and poured her heart out about how Alcide didn't want children. Marcus volunteered to oblige her so I guess that makes him the Baby Daddy Laureate for the city of Shreveport.

Later, when Sookie & Co. assembled at Moon Goddess, Jesus' plan was to work Antonia just like he did Mavis. When he approached the building, an invisible wall of protection repelled him.

Antonia appeared and she challenged Jesus to join her at Moon Goddess, but only if he could make it past the enchantment. He ultimately made it through the wall, which was made of Sookie’s fairy beams and rejected video game sound effects from the '80s.

Jesus appealed to Antonia to let him speak to Marnie. When Antonia let her out to play, Marnie said that she was totally on board with the possession and went on to show Jesus the two vampire sheriffs she had stashed in a closet. Jesus beamed his thoughts out to Sookie and told her that there had been a change of plans because Marnie and Antonia were officially in cahoots.

Meanwhile, Tara and Holly worked a spell that allowed them to escape from Moon Goddess and they made a break for it. Marnie caught them, however, and beamed the girls, along with Sookie and Lafayette to parts unknown, presumably back to Moon Goddess.

That night, Eric – along with Pam, Bill and Jessica – rolled up to the building and armed with all sorts of fancy witch killin' weaponry.

As a special treat for our “True Blood” fans, we're currently accepting your CNN iReport questions for Joe Manganiello and Kristin Bauer van Straten. Don't miss out on the chance to interview some of your "True Blood" favorites. Submit your questions today!

Post by:
Filed under: True Blood • TV recaps

1. Jessica@work

She loves BILL?! *rolls eyes* I was on board for most everything till *that*.

August 30, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  2. A Real Trubie

First of all, let me express my joy that the real Eric Northman is back!!!! I cannot wait to see how things are going to play out between Sook and Eric now that he is back!!! WoooHooo!!!!

@ all naysayers and whiners, if you don't like it change the channel!!! IMO, this is one of the best seasons yet, and I have been hanging off the edge of my seat more and more with each episode, sorry you do not seem to be able to get into the spirit of the show. However, I will admit the show does seem to be getting more than a little bloated with all these characters, and I hope next season that some of the excess fat will be trimmed so the show can focus on the meatier characters!!!

Now my main concern is figuring out how I am going to deal with my impending True Blood withdrawal as there are only a couple of episodes left. TBW is real, and it is serious!!!

August 30, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  3. Hooboy

Tooooooo slow! LaFayette, Tara and Jesus need to kick Marnitonia's a**. Sookie should be able to override it all. What could be an impending Sookie/Pam rivalry could be good, especially now that Eric is back to being Eric. It's too bad he remembered their relationship right away. It played better in the book when at first he didn't; the moment when he finally did was interesting. Two more episodes – they need to move it along and make a lot happen!

August 29, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. loJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKWCGocD56Q&w=640&h=390]

August 29, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Angie

You know I find it kind of funny that I thought I would be reading a bunch of happy comments today because everything everyone has been complaining about was resolved on this episode. Eric is back to normal, Pam was there, Tommy died & Debbie is getting back to her old self. I thought last nights episode was actually pretty good. I was happy with everything that happened & can't wait to see the next episode. The only bummer is that it is finally getting good & back to normal & there is only 2 episodes left.

August 29, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • B=Dog

Angie,

It's not the show, it's the people watching. The same idiots saying how bad the show is now are the same idiots complaining that the only funny seasons of Family Guy are the first 2.

August 29, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Babs by the

maybe this will be like Pam's dream from Dallas. Sookie will wake up next season and this will all have been a bad dream, let us hope so. except I hope the character of Tommy stays dead

August 29, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Me

this is a shame because book 4 is perhaps the best of the series!

August 29, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jessica @work

I agree completely!! I want to hit Alan Ball with the book and go "This is how you do it!"

August 30, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  8. mark

True Blood is the new Lost...FAIL

August 29, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Vip

It sounds... like a Power Ranger's spin-off (not very interesting at all).

August 29, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. horrible writer(not TB)

"Anyhow, Sam vowed to go after Marcus, who chose to unwind after beating Tommy to death with a joint and Debbie by his side." I didn't realize you could beat someone to death with a joint and Debbie.

August 29, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna Paquin

Sorry but that sounds exactly like what one of the jacked up writers of True Blood would spew. Worse dialogue I have ever heard in my life. I should know. I have to say these horrible lines for a living!!!!!

August 29, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. True Blood Can Suck It, and Not In The Vampire Way

I did not think it was possible for this season to gert any worse and lame, but congrats Alan Ball, you have managed to take an amazing first two seasons and crap all over them with your contrived polot devices, needless characters and shoddy production value. It looks like a telemundo production.

August 29, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

So in other words, you've never seen a show on Telemundo? Because that is crazy hyperbole.

Yeah, this season has been fantastic, if not the best season. Whiners should stop watching.

August 29, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. youdontknowjacque

yet another boring episode... this show is soo done!

August 29, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • IA

this season is the worst!
      I'm annoyed!
      I don’t care who dies, that’s how little I care about these characters. Why do I watch? Because I thoroughly enjoyed the previous seasons, and with each episode I keep hoping it gets better. But instead, it seems like it is getting worse.

August 29, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Haha, how was it boring? What exactly do you whiners WANT to happen on the show!?

And the show is "sooo done"? Despite it having the biggest ratings its ever had last week? Nice logic.

August 29, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. LumberJack

More gayness and stupidity.

August 29, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

The person using "gayness" really has no right to be taken seriously.

August 29, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cest moi

"...while Nan towed the Authority party line."

Uh, no. Nan toed the line. To tow something means to pull it.

August 29, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • BetterEditorsPlease

LOL, people rely too much on spell-checks these days. Spell check doesn't make sure you use the word in the correct context, people!

August 29, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • ummmm_yea

look you big dummy...stop trying to correct people when you obbviously can't read...the sentence clearly states toed

August 29, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |