The MTV Video Music Awards are back for another year, except this time, it's host-less.
We're hoping that after prior speech interruptions, dresses made of meat and awkward hot tub sketches involving the crew from the "Jersey Shore," this year's ceremony will still retain its this-can't-be-happening-right-now quality, with or without a ringleader telling horrible jokes. The VMAs launch at 9 p.m. ET.
Here's what else you shouldn't miss this week:
- Don't forget that your weekly dose of "Jersey Shore" is coming on tonight, before the MTV Video Music Awards at 7 p.m. ET.
- "Basketball Wives" may be over, but "Basketball Wives: L.A." is just getting started. The West Coast spin-off begins tonight at 8 p.m. on VH1.
- A lot of new music is arriving this week! Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter IV" is going to be available online immediately after the MTV VMAs, but you can buy the physical deluxe edition today.
- Also dropping: Lenny Kravitz's "Black and White America," The Red Hot Chili Peppers' "I'm With You" and David Guetta's "Nothing but the Beat."
- Lenny Kravitz is also performing tonight on "Letterman" (and Alec Baldwin will be on as a guest!), which starts tonight at 11:30 p.m.
- Arriving on DVD is the second season of "The Vampire Diaries." New season starts next month - start catching up now.
- OK, so this week ends with a whimper - but it's Labor Day weekend! And you know what that means: Slim pickings at the movies. New flicks are out are "Shark Night 3D" and Helen Mirren's "The Debt." Coin toss?