What's the verdict: Beyonce's '1 + 1' video
August 26th, 2011

What's the verdict: Beyonce's '1 + 1' video

Beyonce debuted the video for her latest single "1 + 1" Thursday night on her official website and it's pretty, well, wet.

The action kicks off with what appear to be a pretty sweaty Beyonce, unless she has happened upon the mother of all glittery moisturizers.

Water runs as Beyonce sings "Make love to me," she sweats some more, rubs an ice cube on herself, cries big tears and at one point emerges from a bath tub. She also does a little bit of stripping and dons a few provocative outfits - including what appears to be a sheer tank top and a leopard-printed two-piece complete with a  garter.

Near as we can gather, all that liquid is needed to cool off the steaminess that is her and the faceless dude in the video who pops up here and there to embrace her.

So what do you think of the new video? Is it artsy, or just a bit too much?

Check it out:

Post by:
Filed under: Beyonce • Celebrities • Music

1. profile

The times dictate that the most outstanding information is the generally accurateforthright|reliable}.
    profile https://plus.google.com/107061864862749573164/posts

January 6, 2014 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. MICHELLE

\Trust me when i say the RABBIT HOLE GOES DEEPER! Beyonce and her husband are both ILLUMINATI puppets. The "New World Order," that the Illuminati has ushered in, is nothing new. It's an old conspiracy spoken about in the bible. For those of you who know your bible, remember the story aout the Tower of Babel? That's the post flood story in the book of "Genesis" about a united humanity building a tower to the heavens in yet another quest to be as Gods.

That is the goal today of the "New (One) World Order, for mankind to be as Gods. That's why the urgency to unite mankind, get rid of indiginous culture and patriotism. Who do you think is behind this "New World Order" plot? Satan, the adversay is behind it. The so called "bringer of light" or knowledge.

All throughout time mankind, guided by Satan, has plotted and planned to bring about this "One World Order." Only difference is, today Satan has a vast host of puppets who knowingly work to bring his plan into fruition.

Satan's goal after that is to have a "One World Leader." Anyone who has read the book of "Revelations," in the bible, knows what happens when this "One World Leader" is put into place.

January 16, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. A FAN

I think that Beyonce is talented in her own right. She may not have the best voice in the industry but Im sure its very debatable as to who does. One thing that I will say without hesitation is that she is very talented and hard working. She has branded herself very well and is making millions from being "overated" as some would say. If being overated puts her and her husband on TOP as the #1 couple then you cant knock her hustle! Dont hate the player hate the game. Theres been people at her level of stardom that talent has also been questioned. So it is what it is. She on Top and will step down when someone comes along that can do what she does. As far as her being a bad role model because of the way she dresses! Please give me a break. Shes young and has a beautiful body and to that I say if you got it flaunt it! Shes a grown woman. If your raising your its up to you to make sure that they dress appropriately. Even more its not like youve ever seen or heard any reports of her being anything less than the Diva that she is. Last but not least. While I am not crazy about the video I do love the song. It sounds to me that she is growing as an artist and her voice os getting stronger.

September 10, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  4. eve

C all of u poor fools hating on someone who has made more money than ull ever make in ur life time from d so called copied songs,ill advice all u haters get urselfs jobs and NB to d ladies hating her beauty,its just beef cos u came out to dis world lookn like a monkey.Admire a good tin wen u c it,she is talented beautiful and a hardworking lady so go screw yall selves and I love d song and video as well as all her songs!

September 6, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. no need

It is HILLARIOUS..................it is so funny.......yall straight up hating.......i don't know anything about the video, but I know haters when I see them. Funny!!!!!!

August 31, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Beyonce the Sell-Out

Beyonce is an extremely talented woman. With that being said, her recent works dating back to her "Sasha Fierce" album are nothing but garbage. I even question the quality of her music these days... is she even trying to sing anymore? She sounds more like a woman screaming for recognition/attention; if her videos aren't a reminder of that I have no idea what is. Jay-Z probably doesn't mind... he probably got so aroused, and now you hear she's pregnant. That's how it goes... sad to say.

August 29, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  7. Garry

Sorry Beyonce, the video sucks..I couldn't get past the first 15 seconds and I turned the sound off. Actually getting really tired of her..I agree she can sing, she can dance but the last few videos have not been good.
    Now that she is pregnant maybe she can take some time off and re=evaluate where she wants to go with her music, cause frankly i am sick to death of ladies power, women power and her sleazy clothes.

August 29, 2011 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  8. Ameila

Now we know that the glow you have on your new video is real. Congratulations to the new parents to be.

August 29, 2011 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  9. SKY

MANY IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS ARE "CHRISTIANS".
    THEY THANK GOD OFTEN.....LOOK AT THEM, LOOK AT THEIR CONDUCT....
    LISTEN TO THEIR MUSIC.....THE BIBLE CALLS THESE KIND OF CHRISTIANS
    HIDDEN ROCKS.....THEIR GOAL IS TO MAKE YOU THINK ITS OK LIVE AND DO
    AS YOU PLEASE, GOD HAS A DIFFERENT STANDARD FOR US RICH FOLKS!

August 29, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  10. 2amuse

pretentious and boring. yawn

August 28, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. teresa, ohio

not only do I really hate it, I hate that in the first few lines she canNOT pronounce the word algebra.... she says algeba... who the heck is letting this junk be produced?

August 28, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. teresa, ohio

hate it. i hate it alot.

August 28, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. BeeBee

Over the top.. way way over the top. Even her amazing voice cannot save this video.

August 28, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  14. 2B

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg2NcxMYAmY&w=640&h=390]

I understand the love, I understand the frustration.

I like songs that can stand alone without a video.
    Something that I can play in the car or while cleaning the house 10 years later and not be ashamed to share with other generations.

Test of time songs.

It's not her fault. The biz is selling imagery.

I made love while listening to Robbie Williams (live at knebworth) concert DVD
    & We both Rocked! (That's what She said)

August 28, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. The Selfish Meme

Desperation. The decline in popularity, which its all that its been, has started. Thankfully. Its the shark-jumping moment hacks always find themselves in.

August 28, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Karen

I thought she was a Christian Guess not...

August 28, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Gidget S.

She is a beautiful woman, but honestly she is playing herself out.. The video was a Prince knockoff, She looked like J-Lo, and this video looks like she copied Romy Schneider dans L' Enfer . Beyonce is really losing revelance, her music sounds the same, and she is not showcasing the talent she showed us earlier in her career. This commerical looked like a hair commercial meets KY.. honestly, it was lame, the song was lame. She's not the only one who tries to stay in the spotlight and mass produces crap.. it happened to Madonna, it happened to Britney, and now its happeneing to Bey. The Sascha Fierce thing is really ludacris, and if she took the time and humbled herself some, maybe we wouldn't have endure this crap.. 3:06 of pure crap... really.. it sucked...

August 28, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bingo

And did you see how she copycat the water idea from the end of that Strokes video..?

August 28, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Bingo

She also stole this directors idea from the strokes video. Check it out
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-3OHjhuhI&w=640&h=390]

August 28, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Roro

Another boring song and video by her...

August 28, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  20. cindy wood

RUBYLIPS YOU CALL THIS BEST ARTIST OF OUR TIME????? MAN DOES OUR ERA SUCK THIS BAD????? GO BACK TO LENA HORN, BILLY HOLIDAY,DIANA ROSS, NOW THAT IS TALENT AND THEY DID IT WITH THEIR DRESSES ON!!!! AND YOU COULD TELL THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMEN AND PROUD!!!!!! OF IT....AND IM WHITE!!!!! NOW TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.

August 28, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  21. cindy wood

AND ANOTHER THING HOW CAN YOU TALK ABOUT GOD AND DO VIDEOS LIKE THIS?????? DISRESPECTFUL TO YOUR MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND TO EVERY YOUNG LADY OR PRE TEEN OUT THERE WHO LISTEN TO THIS TRAMP AND TRASH MUSIC....BEWARE NO PERSON I HAVE EVER SEEN LOOKS LIKE THAT WITHOUT 15 OTHER PEOPLE SPRAYING PAINT ON HER FACE SEWING IN WHITE GIRL WEAVES AND SUCKING OUT THE FAT WITH LIPO!!! BEYONCE NEEDS TO GROW UP AND PICK UP HER BIBLE INSTEAD OF TAKING OFF HER CLOTHES AND SINGING SONGS WITH ONLY ONE LINE OVER AND OVER AGAIN.........BORING BORING AND VERY UN-LADY LIKE......SHAME ON YOU

August 28, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Ruby Lips

Stop hating on 'B'
    She reinvents herself everytime she drops a track, whether she writes it or enlists the help of other writers. She is not the first artist to use the Dream, who I might add is one of the hottest writers and producers in the games since people feel the need to mock him. Try mocking him all the way to the bank. While your at it follow 'B' as well. She is one of the most consistent artist of our time. She gives her her best when ever she steps out on the stage, how many artist can you name that can sing and dance without lip syncing. She is the complete package.

August 28, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Realistic

She is lucky she's so hot because this song sucks.

August 28, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  24. cindy wood

?This is really BAD were they all high???? STINKS STINKS STINKS... HAIR FLINGING WAS STUPID..... I SAW THAT IN WILLOW SMITHS VIDEO THAT WAS CUTE.... THIS SUCKED

August 28, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Reggie from LA

What a bunch of miserable haters. I went in jaded, thinking her performance was cheesy. IT AIN'T!! It was indicative of what is a true performer and diva. Extremely talented voice. Belts out gorgeously. Let some of this "newer breed" try to pull that sh.., I mean stuff off. Cynthia and her little followers above, probably kiss Bieber's ass. Don't take it hard. He earned his spot in celeb-ville. This woman is talented and gorgeous. Why don't you tin ears find something else to do. You don't know talent. You are bourgeois and want to fell important. Be gone!!

August 28, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Dell

What does her husband say about all of this? I am losing my respect for Beyonce.

August 28, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Please just stop!

I tried to give the song a chance, but I couldn't get through more than a few bars here and there. Tried skipping ahead to see if it got any better. It didn't.

Just awful.

August 28, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  28. @ginger

R.I.P. Roy Orbison and Tiny Tim. However, Roy was a great singer, but Tiny Tim? I did love his hair. Mariah is up there with Minnie Ripperton and Deneice Williams when it comes to the "WHISTLE NOTE"

August 28, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  29. DarkArwen

Sounds like a whole lot of other songs. So un-original I am surprised she made a video for it. This is video may be nice for the men folk, but I find it boring. I think she can do better.

August 28, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Plato

Forget the stupid video. The lyrics suck. This is the DUMBEST song I've ever heard. That's 4-1/2 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. She bleaches her hair & her skin. Beyonce is the most self-loathing black woman in America. She is always strying so desperately to make herself white. It's really quite pathetic. A married woman should not make videos like that. It's disrespectful to her husband, even if her husband is an ugly dogface.

August 28, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Craze

She needs to take a few pages out of Sade's book. 40 and still very interesting. And may I say she does not have to take her clothes off. Real, raw talent!

August 28, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  32. A fan

I'm a fan – this video isn't my cup of tea, but she ROCKS this song live! Live it has emotion and is believable – the video is just art.

August 28, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  33. T3chsupport

That's a whole lot of petroleum jelly.

August 28, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  34. V.P.

B needs to take a long break!

August 28, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  35. BigDaddy

All I can say is, I wish I was Jay-Z's penis. :) I love Beyonce. Video is nothing more than a beautiful woman with a great voice. Creative thinking as far as the 'video' is concerned and maximizing Beyonce's assets. That's capitalism 101 right?
    Would love for her to sing some more 'meaningful' songs. But than again, like EVERY WOMEN that is beautiful and has a "talent', they don't need to be good. They only need to be provocative and show some boobs or assss. T & A will sell more cd's than words will ever say.....unfortunately. Just look at what these kids today listen to and think "it's good stuff". It's crap. Beyonce, Brittiny, etc...., all of them. Just hot looking babes taking advantage of the male mentality and their "junk". Peace I'm out.

August 28, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  36. The Music?

What about the fact that the song itself is pathetically bad? Doesn't the music even matter anymore?

August 28, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Bigmikey

Did somebody actually say she has an amazing voice? Is this the new standard? We are in trouble folks.

August 28, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Mitch

Sensual, will produced video. Neat abstract imagery (if you know what I mean). The song however is frankly unlistenable and tiresome.

August 28, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Tastycles

At least it's not another man-hating anthem

August 28, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Ralph in Orange Park, FL

I had to turn the sound off. It was like listening to a cat being strangled.

August 28, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  41. lacpeb

Mary Jane, You do not speak on behalf of everyone. I personally believe that the negativity in these comments would exist no matter what Beyonce did in her video just because small people think its fashionable to be critical. The video was appropriate for the song. I sincerely believe that each and every one of you who has left trashy remarks deserves exposure and..a verbal public thrashing. Alas, it is unlikely because I doubt any of you has talent enough to draw noteriety.

August 28, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  42. Patty

AN ARTIST EVOLVING OR LOST..........LOST

August 28, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  43. MaryJane

I feel like her entire video and latest work reminds me of one passing gas. It is personal, embarrassing and it shouldn't be done in public. I don't care that she has a lot of money or that she feels artistic and wants to cry on film and waste people's time with her nonsense, I care that she thinks people will accept anything from her because she has earned the right to release boring music/gas. Just because many people liked her before doesn't mean we always will and as long as she projects the idea that she can do anything and still be on top I won't agree or buy her music. We have the right to expect sincerity, creativity, honesty, depth and soul from every artist because that is the least they can do if they want us to spend our time listening. Lastly... STOP BELIEVING ANYTHING YOU DO IS GOOD JUST BECAUSE YOUR NAME IS BEYONCE AND STEP UP YOUR GAME. YOU ARE SLIPPING!

August 28, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  44. SKY

FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY......PARENTS PLEASE
    PROTECT YOUR TEENS FROM THIS KIND OF MUSIC.......
    WE ARE LIVING IN THE LASTS DAYS.
    THIS IS NOT TALENT, THIS IS NOT ART, THIS IS NOT BEAUTIFUL

August 28, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  45. Giapet

What's a "Beyonce"?

August 28, 2011 at 5:46 am | Report abuse |
  46. FU

She should let people with musical talent write her songs for her again and as an already too sweaty person, avoid showing more perspiration than necessary. Also, her enormous butt is highly overrated and her voice is so-so (no Aretha)...the end.

August 28, 2011 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  47. Tangy

Amen Jon we luv Beyonce so much wear I live.

August 28, 2011 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
  48. Jon

I love the video and the song. Clearly, the majority of CNN's readers aren't Beyonce's target demographic.

Beyonce is still in her 20's people. Let the lady live.

August 28, 2011 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
  49. Monte

This video is a little to extra i like "the best thing you never had " video better, but honestly in the music industry today Beyonce is one of the best singers she has proven her talent plenty of times, so instead of hating on her give credit when credit is due.

August 28, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  50. bey supporter

also for those saying its "boring" , you must not have that type of love. i met my husband as a young teen. im now 35 and been married for 17 years. this song is us. most marriages fall apart these days. for us to be together, still in love, still in the same bed, still happy, this song is how real love feels. most people today like the drive by marriages though where you keep the receipt, get mad, ask for a refund or swap out for a new model. this world is seriously falling apart.

August 27, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Much taste?

"this song is how real love feels."

hahahaha, please tell me this post is a joke. Please!

August 28, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  51. bey supporter

bey has proven herself 10x's over. even MJ adored her. for all you sorry haters who are no namers, go make a video and post it here , let's then see what comments get posted about you and how you would feel reading them. if she was so bad then why are her sales where they are? she is loved all around the world. her voice is amazing and there is no female that can out dance this sista. obviously half of you morons have not seen her work for the past 10 years or you wouldn't be able to write such hateful things unless you just love throwing rocks from your glass house.

August 27, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  52. WhereisDaSoul

Amy Winehouse (r.i.p.) with all her drugs, drinking, and out of control antics, had more soul and songwriting talent that this chick will ever have. Beyonce should try listening to some of Winehouse's material (besides Rehab) to learn how to inject real life and emotions into her work. That's what real soul/r&b music is all about.

August 27, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  53. GoBeyonce

I wanted to see more interaction between Beyonce and the man in the video. I love the song though! People saying she is overrated are haters! Why is it so hard for some of you to admit she is a beautiful and talented woman? She is a great performer!

August 27, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • kissingirl

i so agree with you, i wanted to see more of her n the guy however she can sing like hell n she is very talented these people just want something bad to say... the song is not out their but it is good very good.

August 27, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Schmedrick

@HDP. I don't envy you, and I'm no coward. The only point I proved is that you can't spell. I also think Beyonce is over-rated and over-exposed. I don't listen to or buy her crap. I am not mean, I just hate stupid worthless cr@p!

August 27, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Carlos

OK I AM GOING TO SAY THIS ONCE IF YOU DON'T LIKE BEYONCÈ DONT WATCH HER VIDEOS! YOU HATERS ARE SOOOOOO STUPID GET A LIFE...... SHE IS VERY TALENTED AND WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY OF ONE OF THE BEST SINGERS WEATHER YOU GUYS LIKE IT OR NOT! SO PLEASE IF U DON'T LIKE HER JUST CHANGE THE CHANNEL OR DON'T CLICK ON BLOGS THAT ARE ABOUT HER! IDIOTS

August 27, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Crap is still crap

Sorry Carlos, shouting and horrible spelling skills aren't going to help support your ridiculous arguments much.

August 28, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  56. kat

The video sucked. But the SONG. I love it.

August 27, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Trisha

I thought it was really nice to hear a real love song for a change. Didn't really care for the video-a bit overdone. I think the video takes away from the message of the song. A shame really. A woman singing a beautiful love song to her lover.

August 27, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Deb

It does not show case music.....it's just a beautiful woman poses...enough w/ the hair and water.

August 27, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Marilee

The song is boring. Did not deserve a video.

August 27, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  60. HDP

Schmedrick's response to my comments proved my point. You may not agree with my opinions but why resort to calling me a moron because I spelled envious Incorrectly? By the way, I am not an adoring fan of Beyonce. Look inward Schmedrick to find out why you behave so hatefully.

August 27, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Lucky

All of you are jealous because you do not have the beuty and the talent she has. Admit it and get over it SHE IS AN EXCELLENT ARTIST.

August 27, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  62. BiggDaddyK

What do this song/video and a vacuum cleaner have in common?

August 27, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  63. mia

After Beyonce fired Pops, it appears that Jay-Z is influencing her videos and performances. Anyone who says she isn't talented just don't like her. However, she needs to stop "oversinging" and riffing all over the place. I think that if she tones her singing down she would be more tolerable. As for that comment about Mariah Carey earlier, Mariah has five octave range and is a great singer hands down. Some people may not like these women as people, but please learn to separate the person from the talent.

August 27, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • ginger

A five-octave range... is not the litmus test of talent. Tiny Tim had a five-octave range. More than range is needed.

For example, Roy Orbison had a five-octave range too, but he had a lot of other attributes, which is why he is to revered. Mariah Carey is no where near his calibre, no matter how many octaves she can screech.

August 28, 2011 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
  64. op

She's so white now, Hitler would have mistaken her for being Aryan

August 27, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  65. dawn01

see this http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

August 27, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Tony T

I'm gonna give this one a big thumbs down, why? Because there is absolutely no reason to resort to these type of vanity pieces. The blowing hair, bustier, and other vanity induced scenery take away from what this really is; a good song, by a very good singer. Beyonce has the ability to do what many of her musical peers are unable to do...open her mouth and actually SING. Her voice alone could have sold this song. You're almost 30 now, puts you in a different classification..and it's time to achieve the grown up image that comes with that date.

August 27, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  67. B.G.

Personally, I think she's attractive and has a decent voice overall. On the other hand, I feel she is extremely over-rated...

August 27, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  68. yoyori

Just keeps looking more and more drag-queeney.

August 27, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Stuff It

She is a beautiful woman with an amazing voice. This song is garbage and this video is useless, pointless. When she sang this song on American Idol, I was scared that it was a representation of the new album- and it is- awful. Who's in charge? I can't believe that she and her husband and the execs listened to this and thought "Yes, this will finally win Beyonce that Album of the Year Grammy." It's sad to me. Then putting out these videos, one after the next. Have they decided it's better to cash in now because new younger girls are on the way up? Beyonce has a huge fan base, but i don't think this lastest crap is going to widen it- shrink it down probably more like it. Beyonce- take a chilll pill honey. THe men (and some ladies) who are going to drool over you in this video are NOT the ones who run out to buy any of your products. Let's please synchronize our watches and focus on the fans- and on maintaining dignity and decency.

August 27, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  70. SHAYLA

TO ALL THAT HAVE DISSED B SINGING!! NAME ME ONE FEMALE SINGER THAT CAN SING AND DANCE LIVE AND SOUND DAMN GOOD AT IT!! RHIANNA CANT SING LIVE, MADONNA CANT SING LIVE, BRITNEY DAMN SURE CANT SING LIVE, CHRISTINA CAN SING BUT CANT DANCE, jHUD CAN SING BUT CANT DANCE, KERI HILSON IS WACK!!!AS CONSUMERS OF MUSIC WE ALL SHOULD APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT THIS WOMAN B CAN REALLY TRULY SING LIVE!! THE VIDEO COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER, BUT IT WASNT. AS A FAN OF MUSIC, I APPRECIATE THAT SHE IS BEING DIFFERENT AND SHOWING US WHO HAVENT SEEN THE WORLD WHAT WE ARE MISSING!! HAS ANYONE ELSE WHO IS A R&B FAN HEARD OF THIS FRENCH LADY!!! THANKS B FOR SHOWING ME DIFFERENT!! LET THE HATE BEGAN

August 27, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  71. avabird

I like Beyonce but I have to admit I don't run out to get her latest albums as soon as they are released. If I catch a single I like I download it and that's that. I do like to watch her perform though. The woman can put on a show. I agree as some said, she's thirty. Maybe take a break and give people a chance to miss you. Start a family maybe.

August 27, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Lois

I just love her..she is gorgeous, Love the song, I think she is a role model for all.............

August 27, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Donlizard

Boooooring!
    It looks like outtakes from a bad hair commercial.
    Next ....

August 27, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  74. mindless chatter

Like the line from the movie Players Club: "We got to use what we got, to get what we want". That seems to be Beyonce's motto both NOW and in the PAST. She knows what turns guys on and she's more that happy to oblige. Let's go through the list of things: sitting in chair spread eagle – Check. Giving lapdance (Terence Howard) complete with butt in face shot – Check. Pumping on the floor, like a dog in heat – Check. 1+1 video complete with see-through areola shot – Check. Guys are NOT complaining, ladies...and as long as she does these things (FYI: She loves doing these things), I don't see her popularity dying down anytime soon. If you ladies care so much, why not go and make Kelly Rowland a big star! I'll be waiting...

August 27, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  75. PENIX

WOW...BEYONCE IS THE BIGGEST COPYCAT EVER. DID YOU SEE THIS VIDEO ON YOUTUBE BEYONCE STEALS ALOTTA PPL STUFF ITS SHOCKING NOW..

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpxz9v_3S78&w=640&h=390]

August 27, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  76. kenny

I think this may be the worst thing I've ever heard her sing – it doesn't sound soulful, as it's intended, it sounds screamed and breathed at alternate parts. I think it's terrible. Just my opinion. And i agree with Donna – trying too hard and looking like it. Not impressed.

August 27, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Olivia

Well at least she knows that 1+1 = 2. She does have blonde hair and lives up to that stereotype about blondes everytime she is interviewed

August 27, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Donna

Trying too hard and looking like it.

August 27, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Music Lover

I am a fan of Beyonce's voice but i am getting really tired of her and the industry promoting her as some wholesome good girl. Even though she has an amazing voice her videos are trashy! She needs to start acting with some class because the images she puts out there are not exactly good for young girls. She needs to start putting on some more clothes. Look at Adele! She has class and keeps her clothes on and has sold more albums this year than anyone else – that's what needs to be promoted for women in the music industry – talent and class!

August 27, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  80. ashley

I think Beyonce is amazing!! She is just singing and being herself, for those of you who do not like her video, I think you must not be big fans!!! She has become better as the years go by, she is out from under her father and the "Destinty's Child"
    years. She is truely a good person and she is still humble till this day!!!
    Good luck to her and for her and Jay Z to have babies!!!!:)

August 27, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Marissa

This song & video S*CKS ! OMG, I couldn't even listen or watch the whole video. Beyonce is soooo over rated !

August 27, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  82. gina

Pink is more talented and a better performer.

August 27, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  83. peacemonger

completely soulless and forgettable

August 27, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Steve

One would hope that if Beyonce was auditioning for X-factor or Idol that she wouldn't get through to the next round.

August 27, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  85. tedy

Beyonce is over rated, overplaid, no-talent singer

August 27, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  86. robbierobb

Even without looking the vid sucks!!!!........Beyonce sucks!....VERY over rated....very little talent, voval range, all her music sounds the same, etc....Kelly is/was the prettier one, the one with the best voice!..beyonce is fake, phoney.....i've NEVER been a fan, and that will continue!....funny how she makes a complete fool out of her fans....to the fans of hers, if only you new what was really going on with her!.....i think i just threw up a little.....EWWW!

August 27, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  87. crap

my 4 year old nephew can write crap like this

August 27, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  88. SmarterthanU

Cheap slow motion split screen with bad after effects.....boring. It's like a bad magazine spread. 3/10

August 27, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  89. Maddie

Disgusting.

August 27, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  90. Troy

shallow juvenile kiddie songs is what she sings

August 27, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  91. Bev

I think Beyonce is a very talented singer but the clothes she wears in her video might as well she just go naked....no class you are a grown married woman now, you are not a teenager.grow up and act like one leave all those sTuff to the teenager. NOT A GREAT ROLE MODEL FOR TEENAGER. that is not talent at all real TRAMP. and I am not a hater it's the truth.

August 27, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  92. HatersHateOn

Love it! Beyonce is the bomb! She's at the point in her career where she could give a *fu$K what you haters think. She can take you or leave you. She's making music for her true fans and her man. Clearly the song and the video are for her husband. Anyone who is saying the video is too racy, boring, etc. just wish that either their woman could look half as good as Beyonce or you could look this way. Get a life!

August 27, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  93. Moe

WE WANT MATTY KNOWLES BACK! WE WANT MATTY KNOWLES BACK! LOL......

August 27, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  94. Bon

Never been a fan of her. This song is boring. This video is boring. She is boring and overrated.

August 27, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  95. maui823

She's lucky she's beautiful...because she is talentless.

August 27, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  96. Kevin

She's beautiful.....but she's become generic. Needs new production & songwriters. Should concentrate on the music, not the video & class it up a few notches......

August 27, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  97. Moe

I love Beyonce and im my opinion she is the baddest in the game, but she really neeeds to get her father back as her mamager, despite his infadelity..he knew how to manage her, she has 2 much talent to be putting out this type of stuff, leave this to the non talents like Rihanna, B, you do not need to be doingvideos like this, it doesnt really go with the song to me

August 27, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  98. red

This video is demonic big time

August 27, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  99. Kirk

You were a total sweet-heart to me when I ran into you randomly a number of years ago, but sorry girl: Wash, rinse, repeat. I've been listening to the same crappy beats since 1996 – it's time to get the corporate out of music.

August 27, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  100. Outpost Log #4306-G

Been collecting rocks, my impromtu 'pillow', hoping to get some sleep before disembarking. Not my luck I am afraid. I tried thinking of you, the smell of your hair, the cool soft touch of your shoulders. The heat, so much delerium. One plus one would be nice right about now. I grab a fistful of sand, watching it cascade like a waterfall. Each individual grains lost on the vast expanse of this desert, making the chances of being held in someones hand again, an impossibility. The last thing I needed to see in this oven was a reflective mirror.

August 27, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  101. Susan

Seriously NOT impressed, even a bit disappointed. Don't care for the song either, not much in the way of dance-ability, the tune/melody isn't very captivating, at least to me....

August 27, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  102. DreamerGina

I didnt see anything wrong with the video,.. Id say is more "artsy" as the reporter called it. I dont like the song to much though no offense to Beyonce.

August 27, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  103. pam

Goofy song, goofy video!!

August 27, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  104. ade

i could not watch it till the end.. so boring.. and kind of the way like when the woman does not believe in to herself and keeps constantly loiking in the mirror and making face poses to look like a model, just to make herself 100% positive thst she does not look that bad and that she really is something...
    I never like her , i do not think that she can sing good... do not like her dancing either... reminds me liitle goat jumping same like Britney.... too funny... she shows too much and she is just one fat cow.... she should work on her body more but ...i do not think she ever will...............such a cheep artist.. i would never pay my money for her cd or cocert ticket......cheezy...no value ... just a product of good team, they could do this from any girl.... and some of them sings a lot better than her .............

August 27, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  105. Lisa

Beyonce is nothing more or nothing less than Jay-Z trick and trick are for kids. When she realizes that she is a grown a$$ woman and need not to limit herself to her body at thirty, she will be okay. The thrill is gone, take off the leotards and put on a classy suit or dress and perform some real songs.

August 27, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  106. erich2112x

Love Beyonce, but right now with all that's going on in the world, and the state of the economy, I just can't handle any of these sad songs.

August 27, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  107. Leese

Waste of time and energy, no class.

August 27, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  108. Andre

You haters are pathetic. This woman continues to shine despite it all! Her voice, beauty, and dancing is unmatched by anyone of her generation!!!

August 27, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
    • pam

I can see that coming from a man.

August 27, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • parquet

Beauty? given the number of her prosthetic devices (starting with her "hair" and then crossing into Kardashian territory – maybe you are referring to her inner beauty? her core values? and ethics (like collecting a million dollars to perform for, and enhance the legend of, a Middle Eastern despot?

August 27, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • javondure

applauding parquet's comment.

And, I always wondered if she would be as famous if she wasn't as pretty on the outside. Think about it, do we love her actual beauty or her talent? I bet you if another artist had the exact same dance moves and exact voice as Beyonce but was average looking, would she be as successful?

August 27, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • BigDaddy

To say she will "go down as the greatest singer of her generation" is subjective and bias by your opinion. Furthermore, if that was to become the truth and a fact, it would also show you and others how sad the situation is now in the music industry and Beyonce's genre. Mariah Carey is ten times better and exactly sings a variety of songs unlike Beyonce. Like Beyonce sings in her latest vid: " I may not algebra, but I know one plus one....." Well she forgot to add: " I may not be a great singer, but I'm a beautiful black woman and that's all I need suckers". Peace I'm out.

August 28, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Ginger

She has become more ridiculous than Mariah Carey.

August 27, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  110. Ricky

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

August 27, 2011 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  111. Schmedrick

@HDP- it's spelled "envious" you moron! We don't envy her, we're sick of Beyonce and all her fans who think she's so great. Just a tramp whose looks are starting to sag.

August 27, 2011 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  112. alice

Ridiculous! Beyonce she should think about her followers, the teenagers! I am a mother and I think this video is much a copy cat from all of the so called artists,.... Madonna, Lady GAGA, Rihana, etc... who do they think they are fooling with opening thier legs, slashing on oil. skimpy wear, oil, blind folds... etc... we all like that, but there is a place for it, behind closed DOORS! There is nothing unique about this video, it's very boring... who wants to look at Beyonce icing herself! What happened to real artists??? just goes to show money doesn't buy CLASS!

August 27, 2011 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  113. JOEYKITTY

Makes me wonder what Beyonce has gotten herself into....

August 27, 2011 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  114. HDP

It is amazing how vicious and mean spirited are the remarks made by cowardly perhaps even invious unseen individuals. These are the same kind of people who bully others into committing suicide by their cruel and vicious comments. If you don't like a particular performer, simply don't watch or listen to them. It is that simple!

August 27, 2011 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
    • pam

Ok, not being viscious, just my opinion. I didnt like it. I dont think that comment is being a bully.

August 27, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  115. Bob Williams

Krapp, gag me to the max

August 27, 2011 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  116. AtlanticChick

Totally agree with Candigirl and anyone else that says she's not talented. Never liked her music and it's just getting worse. Put some clothes on and be a role model. Everyone has the right to be artistic and express themselves, however, you must take into consideration the state of the nation and how this type of image will reflect to young girls. Maybe she could take up another career, like Paralegal or something...

August 27, 2011 at 5:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Julie Andrews

It is NOT her job to be a role model to young girls! That is the parents job! Stop holding these entertainers to that standard! It isn't their responsibility.

August 27, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  117. madmomma

Bad song, Bad plastic surgery, No talent. Really needs to regroup!!

August 27, 2011 at 4:34 am | Report abuse |
    • pam

She looked like she was made of plastic or rubber. Why cant performers just look like themselves in stead of trying to be something they are not. Dont get it.

August 27, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  118. Candigrl

SO TIRED OF THIS CHIC...REALLY!!! SHE IS NOT...I REPEAT, SHE IS NOT A TALENTED SINGER!!!!! SHE IS A PERFORMER...THAT'S IT!!! EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO VOICE THEIR OPINION. IF YOU ARE A FAN OF HERS THEN SO BE IT! I AM NOT, NEVER HAVE BEEN, AND NEVER WILL BE!!

August 27, 2011 at 3:56 am | Report abuse |
  119. Mark

We live in a time of 50 million radio stations, tv stations and internet sites and it amazes me at the number of people who think Beyonce is ugly, untalented, overrated, cheesy and on and on and on, feel the need to take the time out to look at her videos and listen to her songs just to say she sucks. Sounds like Beyonce' is doing everything right to me. She has the ability to make even the haters stop to pay attention to her.

You go girl!!!!

August 27, 2011 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
  120. MH

I I thought the video was very simplistic, budget-oriented and basic. Not in a bad way, but a very good way. The song is great. The guitar solo is orgasmic. It's conveys its meaning to those who have love in their lives and the expression that goes beyond the simplicity of words. Nothing explicit at all. Just the simplicity of conveying an emotion of love that exist in a relationship that brings great joy....which is what I believe they were shooting for.

August 27, 2011 at 3:51 am | Report abuse |
    • BigDaddy

To MH: The only thing "orgasmic" is climaxing. If you think this was orgasmic I feel sorry for your taste in music. But the guitar rift was pretty good. Any guesses on who the guitar is? You'll be shocked when you find out.

August 28, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  121. rocher

She is even more desperate now.... media hyped her way more than her talent... And nw the cracks are showing...

August 27, 2011 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
  122. We Need A New President

Despite what Michelle Obama says, Beyonce is NOT a good role model for girls. Yuck. She can't sing well so she resorts to stripping off her clothes and acting like a tramp. Can't wait 'til her own kids see this crap someday.

August 27, 2011 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  123. Nicole

Gosh, some of the comments posted here on Beyonce's video are terribly harsh. She is a singer and an extremely talented one at that. She has paid her dues and has climbed the ladder of success that only a handful of artists in the fickle male dominated music industry ever get to see. The video, whether one like it or not, is purely a personal preference however the harsh personal attacks on the artist and her success in unwarranted and below the belt.

August 27, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Mark

I agree with you Nicole. There are artists that I feel negatively about and I don't waste time looking or listening to them. Beyonce is so amazing she make her haters stop and take time out of their lives to make comments. Now, that is success. And she is smiling all the way to the bank while they have nightmares about her.

August 27, 2011 at 3:58 am | Report abuse |
  124. Alienate

WOW!!! Beyonce is absolutely CRAP-TAC-U-LAR!!! And so is the song....

August 27, 2011 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  125. Jensen

Very Boring. I'd change the channel while this video is on. This video and her last, "The Best Thing I Never Had" look like ads for La Perla, and Victori'as Secret. She is beautiful, but we already know that, but she isn't entertaining us.

August 27, 2011 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  126. ally

UNREMARKABLE

August 27, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  127. MELLEY

Hated it....Go some where and sit down. Over kill.. She can't stand that fact that she just may not be number 1 in the game anymore, so she put out this crap..put some clothes on. Jay-Z doesn't see anything in the bedroom that the entire world hasn't seen....smh

August 27, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  128. Watch Dog

Boring. She is talented and beautiful, but she needs a new gig.

August 27, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  129. miscreantsall

B E A U T I F U L L L L L L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nuf said!!!!!!!!!

August 27, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  130. WHJ

Like the song. Better than her stuff about couples conflict or materialism. Videos are unnecessary.

August 27, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  131. florida viewer

she's beautiful and talented. that was boring.

August 26, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  132. hum

truly uninspired

August 26, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Mikey X

Beyonces' got the whitest teeth I've ever come across............

August 26, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  134. sylvia chicago

what insult – this is a complete rip off of Romy Schneider dans L' Enfer (google it)

what happened to REAL artists ?

you want to engage the public ? here is a though – be original

August 26, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  135. cyan

Bey is getting old hat...time for her to be a wife to Jay Z and have some babies already..btw...the video seemed retro to me...Prince came to mind, only Prince's stuff was GOOD

August 26, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Meg Spradlin

I'm afraid Beyoncé has fallen victim to the same trend that Christina Aguilera has: Combining Oversinging with Little to No Clothing. It's sad; but, Beyoncé is no longer a class act. She has gone from classy to ghetto. I don't think this is Jay-Z's doing. He's classy. I think she is making some painfully wrong choices to try and stay relevant.

I miss the style of singing she indulged in shortly after she left for her solo career. Now, the over singing and the lack of clothing makes me worry for her.

August 26, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  137. lol

Beyonce, can you please show us something else oher than what Katy Perry, Jennifer Lopez, LAdy Gaga, and all these Hollywood tramps have been doing for the past 10 years.... it's getting a little lame now really

August 26, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Cha Cha

Boring. Love her voice but getting sick of her videos where it's like watching her play around while looking in the mirror. She can do so much better than this.

August 26, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  139. BUNK

this is one for anderson cooper's rediculist-if some un-known singer took these lyrics to a producer she would be laughed out of his office

August 26, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Karen

So freaking narcissistic. She seems so incredibly stuck on herself that I can't enjoy anything about her anymore. She needs to find some humility and gain a soul.

August 26, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  141. SLK

A beautiful woman singing a beautiful song- what's the problem with that?

August 26, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  142. j

Racy lyrics , barely-there outfits and suggestive videos all to compensate for a no talent, self absorbed, money making obsessed fame hound....pathetic!

August 26, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  143. shelia

dreadful

August 26, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  144. luffing

Really couldn't care less about the video. The music/lyrics were good. Gritty, R&B, Retro, a bit of Gospel, and what I thought may have been Slash on the guitar lead and bridge. Pay attention to the music, kiddies, and take advantage of the theater of the mind.

August 26, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  145. joe

Who is this ugly hump? She eats a bit much.

August 26, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Allie

Why is she hooting some of the words in her song?

August 26, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  147. atypical

overcompensating. but what do we expect when we live in a society that entrains young children–particularly females– to define themselves by society's concept of beauty? women have been objectified forever and women are partly to blame because we buy into it and perpetuate it.
    time to start setting our sights a bit higher.

August 26, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Cleo in Canada

Ridiculous! Videos have nothing to do with the singing talent – all show and they take away the actual performance. Enough already!

August 26, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  149. C

I don't like the video. I'm a fan, but could use a break. Her videos are completely focused on her and it's getting old.

August 26, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  150. SassyT

Big disappointment. Both the song and video are terrible. It is time to for her to take a break and enjoy her 70 million fortune with her hubby and start a family....lol

August 26, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Heath

How does she expect anyone to take her seriously, when the video comes off as a badly shot commercial reject for her HEAT perfume.

August 26, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Only1Shylesha

It's like a combination of a Prince video and a Victoria's Secret ad lol

August 26, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  153. exposed

I was ready for it to end after the first minute. What was the meaning? Purpose? Was she selling a new KY Jelly product?

August 26, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  154. violet

Is she trying to look like JLo? She should stick to dancing.

August 26, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • happypsalm

I thought the exact same thing. Her styling and make-up were J.Lo. I didn't get it.

August 27, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  155. Chronos1

The lip-synced performance is too off and it takes away from the song, it's too unbelievable with the range she's singing on the track with how her body looks, it doesn't match up at all. Beyonce always gives her all to a performance, but I felt this missed the mark.

August 26, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  156. bob

painful song, video

August 26, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  157. LOL

AlgeBA!! So funny how she butchers the word!

August 26, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • kellydabunny

She has sat AlgeBA... She can't pronounce words correctly, or she'll lose her "hip hop cred"

August 27, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  158. Munimula

Corny. Over the top. Vocal gymnastics. Yawn.

August 26, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  159. mtngrl

Beyonce is a beautful woman. This is a beautiful song. The video is beautifully produced. But she is full of herself and preoccupied with her beauty. I agree – she is not connecting with her audience, just trying to prove how good she looks. It was boring and I cut out before the end. No story to the video, just meaningless imagery.

August 26, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  160. drici

Ugh. Painful to watch.

YOU!....... in that weird key is so annoying.

August 26, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  161. mipau

I am sick of her always copying everythinh ..what a let down. this dead french lady in 1962 did a video just like this it is strange how Beyonce is a copycat freak. the youtube is crazy...Beyonce get your own ideas have some respect.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j306-_ypJM8&w=640&h=390]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j306-_ypJM8&w=640&h=390]

August 26, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • luffing

1962? Really? Seems more recent, but I'll buy it. I liked it. Erotic. Stolen? Maaaaaybeeeee...

August 26, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • 5T1V

GOOD CATCH !! Beyonce is BUSTED !!

August 27, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
    • kennedy220

maybe she got the idea from de angelo or janelle monae. maybe those two got the ideas from this video. beyonce isnt the only one recycling

August 27, 2011 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
    • mausinator

Actually that "dead French woman" is Romy Schneider, a Austrian born actress, she had dual citizenship but was 100% Austrian/German.

August 28, 2011 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  162. Porchia

Like her predecessors (Madonna, Whitney, etc. etc). she has become "OLD" news. Time to retire and have babies Beyonce.

August 26, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  163. suzangrace

i am sick of hearing about beyonce. i think she is a snob, and not overly talented. she bores the hell out of me!

August 26, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  164. leslie

Beyonce is one of the greatest entertainers of our generation. A triple threat, haters gonna hate. but, I still think the video was cheesy LOL!

August 26, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • trini gual

i agree wit u........she needs to stop!........she is too over d top now...RINGLEY BROS ANYONE

August 27, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  165. sloopyjac

i love this video!!! and the song too!!! most awesome!!!

August 26, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Joe, San Diego

Beyonce is over, done, her videos are dulls-ville

August 26, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Navigator

Seriously, how much friggin' Beyonce can we take in one lifetime. Enough already.

August 26, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carlos

Joe......PLEASE tell me who is a better singer than Beyoncè this day and age huh????? Yeah that's what I thought!

August 27, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Jessica

Beyonce has hit a plateau in her career and her music and videos are soulless and lacking connectivity to her audience. King Beyonce, as she called herself, is on a lonely journey that doesn't include the people that liked her 5 or 10 years ago. I hope she life experiences can reconnect her to the rest of the world and maybe failures are good for someone that hasn't experienced many.

August 26, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bluejeans

I agree!

August 26, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • krystle

I agree 100% this basically summed up what i have been trying to describe as how i feel about her. Put some clothes on. If i was Jay Z id be like babe..put some clothes on!

August 26, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • say

I totally agree she needs to sit down and reinvent herself iam a fan but iam not a fan of her latest work. I also think it is a little weird that she talks alot or a bit too much about dying she could have kept those words or poems for jay-z

August 26, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • jsa

She's been in the business how long? And you just noticed that her crap is soulless?

She's the epitome of what is wrong with the music industry. She's a pretty face with no real talent, but a major promotional machine behind her.

August 26, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • JimboCombo

Lame Video.

Put your clothes back on girl. It's your character that attracts people. The graphics remind me of Marketing 101 where you learn about phallic imagergy and how it sells things. Not sold here. More like sold out.

August 27, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • javondure

Jessica said:

Jessica, bravo to your statement. You said what I have been thinking all along. Also, I feel like she is sooo manufactured. I am tired of this Sasha Fierce crap. I want Beyonce can give me something in the raw. No more wigs, no flashy clothing, stop with all these riffs with your singing (or whatever you call them). Just give me some straight forward music. I want music that goes straight to my soul by making me want to cry, laugh, reminisce, make me want to go out & kick a$$, anything!

August 27, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jackie

I couldn't agree more.

August 28, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Lucy

Her videos are starting to look alike. Little clothes, lots of bump and grind.

August 26, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • cynthia

i thought this was prince? lol she pretty much steals other people's ideas and put them in her videos....she basically shows her young age in her songs because she lacks the depth and experience to write a true soul/r&b song...she has talent etc; but bubble gum songs can only get you so far...she need to let other people write for her more as she is going to wear people out with these corny songs

August 27, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Robert

Well, it played like a hair products commercial of a very long length. The song is uninspired but if we want to view this as a hair commercial, then the song was above average from what we see on TV commercials for beautiful hair if you use....(fill in your favorite product).

August 27, 2011 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Robin

YUK! I don't like it at all. She has an amazing voice. The sultry sleaziness is not needed. She should be a classy lady, a class act, not a slimey disgusting show-off. It may be just me but I think she looks a lot like JLo.

August 27, 2011 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
    • scittt

I agree Cynthia, it reminded me of Prince.

August 27, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
    • tershina

and boring...........

August 27, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Fiona

Cynthia, do you really think she writes her own songs? This one was written by a performer called "The Dream.". The lyrics are inane, and somewhat offensive. I can't believe people make so much money writing that junk.

August 27, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Amira

I also love it how she's one of the first to talk about loving God and growing up in church...as she is taking off her clothes in front of the cameras. Lol. She just bores me to tears.

August 28, 2011 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Stuart Maxwell

Wow!...This is innovative I love the way she hits that note and the engineer adds the echo bang on! What an fantastic voice. The shots with the hair all up and out were a little over the top for my taste she doesn't have to do anything but pour herself into what she's doing....Well done!!

August 28, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • betty

kinda lame. Not really on the same level as her previous work.

August 28, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Greggamma

Boring, trite. She's worn out and looking for the shock angle wrapped in a see through artsy veil scenario. Too bad, should have either re-invented or retired. Sorry Beyonce'.

August 28, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |