LiLo keeps the Marilyn Monroe comparisons coming
August 26th, 2011

LiLo keeps the Marilyn Monroe comparisons coming

We’ve seen this comparison before (from Lindsay Lohan), but LiLo thinks she and Marilyn Monroe are two peas in a pod.

Megan Fox may be giving up her fixation on the “negative character,” but La Lohan is still into Monroe. The starlet wrote the foreword for Susan Bernard's new book “Marilyn: Intimate Exposures,” reports Radar Online.

"People in their mind have created who I am and act as if there is no real person inside of me. Just like Marilyn,” Linds writes.

She continues with her woeful tale of celebrity: "Marilyn never wanted to be just a celebrity. Neither do I ... I had always thought that movie stars were in films that would last forever in your mind. But now the films don't. I don't want to be remembered as someone who just wanted to be photographed, who goes out at night, and gets in trouble."

There’s an easy fix for that, Lindsay!

She goes on: “I can understand the photographer Bernard of Hollywood’s [Bruno Bernard] statement, 'It took a superhuman effort to be Marilyn,’” Lohan expounds. “I identify."

Then she brings the late Heath Ledger into it. “Heath Ledger once said to me, 'It’s built you up to knock you down and that’s all it is,'" the 25 year-old recalls. “Marilyn said she had no foundation. But she said she was really working on it. I’ve been trying to do the same thing … I believe in myself and I’m a good actress.”

On Friday, Lindsay tweeted a picture of herself dressed up in Marilyn-esque attire for a photo shoot.

1. Jojoba Mwatenge

LiLo is more like Marilyn Manson than Ms. Monroe.

August 28, 2011 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  2. Giapet

*Yawn*
    Isn't her 15 minutes up yet? She hasn't done anything of substance (unless you count the substance she puts up her nose) in how long?

August 28, 2011 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  3. fernace

@ Timme62 Pasted!?Lol! Is that a new nickname for dying?? Never heard it before, but corpses do have that pasty look!!

August 27, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  4. fernace

Lindsay Lohan is so full of herself! She's asked to write a forword to a book about Marilyn Monroe & procedes to make it all about herself! Then she acts like she's a Victim of her own bad behavior, like she was "set up to be knocked down!" She happily abused drugs & alcohol & thought it funny to not wear underwear so photogs could get a $$ shot! She was a wild child like many of her contemporaries, but they all seem to have owned up to their wild ways & have made 180 degree change! Look at Nicole Ritchie, Britney Spears, even Paris Hilton isn't dancing on tabletops anymore! Partying & having fun is not the problem, overdoing it & blaming paparazzi, is! Lindsay has a long way to go to outgrow her badgirl rep & even longer to be able to enjoy the iconic status of some1 like M.M! She might also invest in a creative writing course, her writing skills are pretty infantile!! Other than that, she's doing Great, LOL!!

August 27, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. portalpunk

SEVENTHY!!!

August 27, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. loJenk

August 27, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  7. Mr. Ed

What's up cow?

August 27, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  8. Happy Cow

Im just a happy cow but i think ick. Im sure not a LiLo fan.

August 26, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Timme62

The way Lohan is going at it she won't live to be as old as Monroe was when she pasted.

August 26, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  10. tracie's lover

Tracie, quick, stock up on poo for the hurricane! I'll be over with a full colon ASAP!

August 26, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |