While you were working...
August 25th, 2011

While you were working...

Today's news you might've missed:

• When new mom Natalie Portman is ready to get back to work, it sounds like she already has a job offer: the Oscar winner has reportedly been offered the lead role in indie drama "Adaline," about an immortal woman who meets a man possibly worthy of giving up her gift for. [People]
  • Shonda Rhimes is taking it back - way back - for her next show. According to Entertainment Weekly, the "Grey's Anatomy" show runner has sold a project to ABC that's set in 1895. [Entertainment Weekly]
  • Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries reportedly signed a pre-nup to protect their net worth– that would be $35 million for Kardashian and $8-10 million for Humphries. Not that they'll ever get divorced or anything. [The Hollywood Reporter]
  • Your "awwww" moment of the day is brought to you by Whoopi Goldberg: The "View" host has adopted a kitten that was thrown out of the window of a moving car. She's nicknamed the little rescue Vinny. [Facebook]
  • Al Pacino would like to thank the rappers who had so much love for "Scarface," they helped turn it into a cult classic. [MTV]

Filed under: While you were working

1. SKY

FACT: SO DID THEY MARRY?
    THERE ARE MILLION HAVING BABIES OUT OF WEDLOCK?
    NOT A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR YOUNG LADIES.

August 28, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. charlie crack

I would never say I try and brag about it at all. If that is how was taken, I apologize. My job is my job, it is what it is (serving others while they enjoy a baseball/football game is not glamorous. It's just my job). If you see the times i've posted, now (very late, just off work and this a.m and on my 20min break at around 8pm you can see it's not high profile. Just a job). No bragging, just working/goin' to school.....be good....

August 27, 2011 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
  3. @Schmedrick @Who gives a d*mn

Oops excuse typos

August 26, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. @Schmedrick @Who gives a d*mn

Once again I wrote something not thinking about what I was saying. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it the way that it came out. I apologize for wording my sentance "we are better people than them". I used poor wording and it wasn't intended to come out that way. I'm sorry. Have a great weekend.

August 26, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Who gives a d*mn

@Schmedrick @charlie crack/@beautiful vixen does think he's better than most of us on Marquee Blog he and some of his trolling "friends"have told people they didn't like them.Called them haters and everything but a child of god,they've acted like they pay rent here...'You can stay'...'We don't like the music you like' so you have to go.You're worse than the f*#*ing soup Nazi.Now you come on her and brag about working for the Cowboys AKA losers.I hope since you're working with all those brothers that you are a female BV and I hope you're fly,you might get some where in life.

August 26, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. charlie crack

@@charlie- thanks! You are VERY correct. Thanks a million.

August 26, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Schmedrick

no you're not. you just think you are, but you're wrong. being full of yourself does not make you a better person.

August 26, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. @Charlie

I agree with @ @Charlie!! A wise friend told me once to ignore the trolls and bad comments that were directed at me a while back and, I failed to listen to him. Ended up costing me our friendship. It's hard to ignore sometimes, but, we have to try because deep down we are better people than them.

August 26, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. @Charlie

OOTCK new club motto-ignore the trolls! Waste no time on him/her/them!

August 26, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. portalpunk

If I have a glass of ice tea right now it would be ok, but I havent been firsty all week.

August 26, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. charlie crack

@police and whoever else feelin' froggy....JUMP! I have no time for you. @BV and I are different ppl. All of us are...couple guys, the rest are beautiful women w/ husbands and lives.....so be nice to them please.....be good

August 26, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ charlie crack

I hope you mean to say beautiful on the inside... because there's no way you can tell what someone else looks like behind that computer.

August 26, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. charlie crack

*continued* I'm back to work today (10 straight games including cowboys have fri, sat,sun then little rest monday. I have you all on my mind....hope rest of buds are well....I'm out...gota ice this knee and guzzle bunches of water so can go to work game tonight....yall be safe, be good.....

August 26, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. charlie crack

Hey all (or @happycow "hay yall). @moondancer- I have a honda CBR1000RR...put exhaust, nitrous and all that jazz so I can race it. Lojack was false notify, but all my buddies phones were ringin' bcuz I have them as my contacts. All good though, cops at 4am are GREAT since had to reset. @BV-hope you did well on test, I have faith you whooped it! @prezpeace- glad to see you, hope you are good! Missed ya! Got haul done? @itsamemario- what's up my dude? You ok? Keep head up, don't dip your chin....take the blows but keep on swingin', you'll be fine...i'm sure of it! @ms.fernace- hope all is well w/ you ma'am. @FIX- it's soooo dang HOT MS.FIX! @mad, @alecia, @starrfire- hope you are doing good. @starrfire- gettin' about time for outers right? Have a blast! Miss chattin' w/ yall....when not at cowboys, am across street w/ rangers.....so much work, and school. I'm exhausted and my knee is hurtin' pretty bad (ice, heat, advil all I can do to mend). I want you all to have a great day and great w/e!

August 26, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Beautiful Vixen

@Peace: Speack of the devil..lol. Nice to see you are back. Oh yeah..I now remember you saying something about this big job :) . School is school, nothing great. I went to school twice after HS and this is the worse with how they do and run things..just me saying. Well, enjoy your day off. Ttyl

August 26, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Peace

Hi all! TGIF!!! I'm back & I must agree w/Dorothy,"There's no place like home"! Got a big job done & I'm doing nothing today! Interesting journey, though! Mario, What's going on? To my "East side" buds, WTH, Earthquake & now hurricane...? BV & Charlie, How's school going? That new job, too. Fix, Your BF? Fernace, starrfire, alecia, & of course, happy cow(everyone else I missed HaHa) how the hec are ya? Just wanted to give a shout. Have good day all! I'm going back to bed! Zzzzzzzz! ;) & yes MoonDancer I will ttyl!

August 26, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Beautiful Vixen

Hi all! Fix: got your msg, as well as fernance yesterday..thxs for the shout out girls. Fix, Don't remember reading about your friend and what is going on but I hope that person feels better soon. @Moondancer: Hi girl! How was your ride yesterday? I don't recall seeing Peace on here this week, where is she? Maybe she was and my mind was else where...who knows. Anyway, we didn't take the test last night. We are now taking it tonight. *sigh..rolling eyes* along with the first aid as well..ugh. Want to just get it over with and they are dragging their feet. Didn't sleep well last night...soooo very tired. @Mario: Hope whatever you are going through works out soon. Hi to Charlie, Happy Cow, my friend and everyone else. Enjoy the rest of the day and a great weekend. Beautiful day today!! Thank G-d!!! :) ~ xoxo

August 26, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  17. MoonDancer

Good morning everyone! To Fix in Tx: Looks like you are going to have a full house this weekend. Have a good time with your family! Also, sending best wishes to your friend who is ill. Keep us updated. To Mario: so what's up? Why are you venting? Whatever it is, hang in there! We're pulling for you! To B.V.: how did you do on your test? I'm sure you did just great! To Charlie C: where you been? Must be busy working? Whatever happened to your bike? You had said your lojack had gone off. What kind do you own? To Peace: I will see you later! To Happy Cow: Wishing you sunny days and greener pastures! Mooooo Mooooo! We are supposed to have great weather this weekend. I worked too hard this week while on vacation, so going to do nothing but fun on the weekend. Wishing all my buds a great weekend! Party on! Later!!!!

August 26, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  18. tracie

Does anyone else here sense an overwhelming scent of doo doo in the air?

August 26, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  19. itsamemario

@everyone hey all ive been in a bit of a bind n i am hoping that something gives here soon. thanks for letting me vent people your too kind..

August 26, 2011 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  20. FIX IN TX

HI @MoonDancer ~ I saw your post on yesterday's page late afternoon today & I appreciate your concern. My friend = no change. My hubby off Friday & Saturday. My stepson (OTR driver) got into town today. So, overall things are better.Hey everybody else @Charlie ~ how's work & school? @Mario ~ how school and beer? @Peace ~ Are you back from your haul yet? @BV ~ How was tonight's test? Hi @Happy Cow ~ made a chocolate smooooothie today and it was mooooalecious!! Hi to anyone else I forgot! Have a great night!

August 25, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Evel Knievel

Ready to see Natalie's killer "mom" cans.

August 25, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  22. really?

gimme 2 Wahlbugers all the way, side of fries and a cold brewski.

August 25, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Matt

Say hello to my very firsty!

August 25, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |