Christian Slater's 'Breaking In' set to return
August 25th, 2011

Christian Slater's 'Breaking In' set to return

Fans of the Fox series "Breaking In" were saddened when the network canceled it, along with several other shows, back in May.

Only a handful of episodes of the Christian Slater comedy aired (in most cases, following "American Idol") before Fox pulled the plug, with stories in the months since reporting that executives at the network were reconsidering their decision.

Now The Hollywood Reporter is saying that the show is on the verge of getting a second chance, with a 13-episode second season.

When Fox entertainment chief Kevin Reilly told members of the Television Critics Association earlier this month that "stranger things have happened" in regards to "Breaking In," he wasn't kidding. The network brought back "Family Guy" in 2005, after canceling it three years earlier.

Also, one of the series' stars, Odette Annable, will be pulling double duty for the network, as she recently scored a role on "House."

Are you looking forward to new episodes of "Breaking In?" Share your view below.

1. andrea

Breaking in was hilarious! It was a terrible decision to cancel it. The chemistry of the cast was amazing, and the humor was off the chain. It needs to be brought back!

October 31, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Killrr

I loved the Comicon episode when the Avatar picked up the smurf...and smurfed the smurf outta her... all smurf long.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jntaqt1yhEI&w=640&h=390]

I like slater, and found Kuffs funny. I will be watching.

September 27, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Heather

WOO HOO!!!!!!! I really enjoyed this show! was very dissapointed when it was cancelled. I really liked the characters and the plot. It was pretty much the best thing on for the short time we had it!

August 26, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heather is playing my meat flute

Oh brother. On broken arrow Travolta kicked the livinShyt outa Slaters candy-ass. Slater is for women who are mentally about 13 years old having their first boy crush after getting their first panty-wet.

Slater likes up his doookie-chute and doesnt care who gives it to him.

August 26, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. All3Allin

I REALLLLLLY hope this comes back. My fiance and I loved this show and I was really disappointed when they cancelled it after only giving them 7 episodes immediately after Idol. They deserved a better slot. Hopefully this time they'll get it and FOX will promote it like they should have.

August 26, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Tmusicman

Bring back Chicago CODE instead....WTH!! Christian Slater?!! Really!! Not a damn thing funny about him

August 26, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  6. Melissa

I am so excited!! I loved that show..it was so funy. I miss the Forgotten too. that was also good. A shame no one else picked it up. I love Christian Slater!!

August 26, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  7. The Måd Råp3r

I want a baboon heart just like Christian Slater has.

August 26, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  8. j

Glad to hear Slater gets a break. I have like the last several shows (My Own Worst Enemy was great as was The forgotten) he was on and they got canned. He's a good actor and deserves this. The series was original and smart...

August 26, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. susanbellnc

This is a great show. One of the few my husband and I actually like. I'm glad they are bringing it back. 'Bout time Fox did something right.

August 25, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. kake79

Yay!!! There aren't really any good comedies on tv nowadays (except you, Big Bang Theory... you rock!) so I'm glad this one is getting a second chance because it was really funny. I hope Fox does a better job with promoting it this time around. And let me suggst (like anyone from Fox will actually read my comment) that they start by airing the episodes that they already aired. If they kick off with the 7 they already aired and add on the 13 new episodes, they'll have a real, full season and give new people a chance to see and like this show.

August 25, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  11. MedicMax

I didn't watch the show, but I do hope they bring it back. I met Christian Slater when he came to my base on a USO tour. I told him I loved the movie "Kuffs". This was after "my Own Worst Enemy" got cancelled, and he didn't seem like somebody who thought he was better than everybody else.

August 25, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mike

That's awesome! I loved that show

August 25, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kristen

I loved that show! I missed one episode due to work and then it wasn't on again I was so upset! Glad their bringing it back.

August 25, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. JM

Bring back Firefly and then we'll see if Fox can do something right.

August 25, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Browncoatgirl

Bring back Firefly and Lie to Me. They'll keep 20 different CSI, but cancel the good ones. What's wrong with you FOX?

August 25, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cheeks

Uhmm...CSI is on CBS not on FOX!!!

August 25, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. MM

I loved that show! I hope they bring it back :)

August 25, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  16. JR

The hundreds that watch the show will be thrilled.

August 25, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |