Megan Fox removing Marilyn Monroe tattoo?
August 23rd, 2011

Megan Fox removing Marilyn Monroe tattoo?

Megan Fox is reportedly in the process of removing her Marilyn Monroe tattoo, reports E! Online.

Reports say the starlet is undergoing laser removal because she feels that an image of Monroe - allegedly afflicted by mental illness – will attract negative energy, she's said to have revealed to Italian magazine Amica.

"I'm removing it," Fox confirmed to Amica of the large, fading face on her right forearm.  "It's a negative character, as [Marilyn Monroe] suffered from personality disorders and was bipolar ... I do not want to attract this kind of negative energy in my life.”

The starlet, who has seven other tattoos, previously discussed the connection she felt to the late Monroe. "I basically read every book ever written about Marilyn Monroe," Fox told Wonderland magazine in 2009. "I could end up like that because … I definitely think I have some kind of mental problem and I haven't pinpointed what it is."

She added to Germany's Bunte magazine in 2009, "It warns me not to let myself be treated so badly by the film industry so that it breaks me down."

The tattoo is not the only youthful modification Fox, 25, now regrets. She told Amica of her former belly-button piercing: "I did it when I was 16 because I was a fan of Britney Spears. The only time I tried to imitate someone else. But then I thought it was tacky and so I removed it when I turned 20."

The actress is currently filming "This is Forty," Judd Apatow's spin-off of the 2007 movie "Knocked Up," and will next appear in the comedy “Friends with Kids.”

1. Anthony

Nice article. I love reading about real stories of people involved in the laser tattoo removal process. Thanks for sharing.
    Anthony@ Chicago Laser Tattoo Removal

January 22, 2013 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. tatiana

Idiot, tattoos aren't a fad. They've been around for centuries. Read a book.

August 24, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Anomic Office Drone

Getting rid of that stupid tattoo would help her shed some of the trashiness of her appearance.

August 24, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. T.O. Morrow

Tattoos are plain dumb – a pain to put on and even worse to get it off. I always wondered WHY would people do that to themselves....to be a walking billboard and to actually go back and get more ?!

Dumbest....fad...ever.

August 24, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  5. Whatever....

I have a tattoo on my forearm and, since I considered it carefully, do no regret having it. And, I don't think I ever will. I think she (Megan Fox) needed to get hers removed because of the exposed area of the forearm-it is probably difficult to get work. It's her choice and no one should judge her for it (Although her acting can be judged as less than par)....and oh yeah, I will throw this one in. I am bipolar, which has nothing to do with my tattoos.

August 24, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  6. Bo Donaldson and the HeyWoods

I wanna get tattoo of your mothers face on my ass.

August 24, 2011 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  7. arch

I would love to remove one of her tats that are on her a.r.s.e. and front. After removal I could add a couple that would be more satisfying! It's amazing that a young lady would go out and have a bunch of idiotic tats put in places that are going to cause problems for her later on if she finally settles down with a dude. I know if I were her regular that last thing I would want to see when taking her clothes off is a tat of some poem about one of her past flames or a pic or symbol of something from another dude. Like having one on one of her cheeks that says; yours forever! Especially bad if it had someone name next to it! She obviously doesn't have much upstairs and I'm not talking about t.i.t.s.!

August 24, 2011 at 5:15 am | Report abuse |
  8. fringie

@ happy cow are you related to Gene the cow?

August 24, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  9. chillyfeez

1) tattoos are gross and stupid. nobody will ever get a tattoo without either regretting it or having it limit the possible directions their life can take. 2) meagan fox is a veritable trainwreck of stupidity. there is no doubt in my mind that everyone who read this article did so expecting a few good yucks, and she delivered. 3) that being said, I don't understand why somebody would read this and feel the need to defend Marilyn Monroe or decry Fox's show of stupidity. 4) yes, flaminblond, the proper word IS still "retarded." "mentally challenged" is a term used by the misinformed in order to avoid offending the mentally retarded and their families. the DSM-IV, the same book that defines bipolar disorder for the field of psychology, also defines a mental state known as retardation. and for the record, you're not doing a very good job of defending your position by bringing retardation into the conversation in the first place. that's like saying you WOULD support meagan fox having a tattoo of the guy who played Corky on Life Goes On removed because she didn't want to draw in the negative energy of retardation.

August 23, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • TattooGirl

"1) tattoos are gross and stupid. nobody will ever get a tattoo without either regretting it or having it limit the possible directions their life can take." Tattoos are a form of self-expression, and they're only "gross" if the subject is gross. I've seen some very beautiful and intricate tattoos - hardly gross, but I guess it depends on individual taste. And you'd be surprised by how many people with good jobs have them (doctors, lawyers, etc), so you're assumption that they can somehow hinder a person's choice in what direction to take in life is dumb. I agree with pretty much everything else you said.

August 24, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
    • TattooGirl

*your assumption. Sorry, it's late.

August 24, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
    • arch

There are people who have tats for certain reasons. They represent something important in their life. However, getting a tat one night after getting loaded with a dude or girl and they feel the urge to "connect" they should think about a fake tat before going the distance! It's especially bad when they wake up in the morning and shower, then see this new tat that has somebody's name attached and they don't know if it is the person they are with at that moment or someone else! I have a couple that represent very intense operations that I had. The tats are reminders of when and what the ops were. They are small and only I know what they mean. I also have one that was put on after being with someone for close to 30yrs, then they split. It is not large, but is in a very private place. Fortunately, one is in Chinese and the other just has one letter with an arrow. So, if I want to date again I need to find a woman whose name starts with that letter! It cost too much money and in that area is too painful to have removed and I am too d.a.m.n old to worry too much about it! So, if you go and get a tat make sure you have all bases covered.

August 24, 2011 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Fillycheese

Let me guess, you think tattoos are against god or something? Guess what, the only people who think close-minded idiots like you aren't disgusting are other close-minded idiots.

August 24, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  10. peacemonger

this is a major development in the world of entertainment

August 23, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Matthew Jandecka

Tattoos are images or symbols of who you are as a person... In certain parts of the world, tattoos carry a lot of weight. In some places they can get you killed. I have a Celtic cross on my forearm... it's a symbol of my faith which I live for. Marilyn Monroe, no thanks!

August 23, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. fernace

I thought Megan Fox was a pretty mentally put together young woman! If she actually thinks ink on her arm can cause whatever mental dysfunction she thinks she has to get worse, then she needs meds in the worst way! Why not look at it like this:Norma Jean Baker became Marilyn Monroe because of hard work, determination, beauty & brains! I don't have tatoo 1, but if I had MM on my arm, I'd leave her knowing what a model of life she was! Megan Fox is wrong in thinking a tatoo can make her precieved mental instability worse! She best get rid of All of them, if that's the case! I think perhaps Megan Fox has chosen the wrong career!!

August 23, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Special k

That a dumb reason to have a tatoo remove! She have issues for sure!.

August 23, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  14. panocha

don't you think marylin looks like old school madonna from the 90's.

August 23, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  15. humberto

The marine ball must be over .

August 23, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Martin T

She has started to scare me recently, anyway. She was once the most beautiful young actress in Hollywood, now she is becoming insignificant and just weird.

August 23, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Heywood Jablome

@betty–I hope I didn't offend when you realized it was me on my knees with my nose between your butt cheeks. I was enjoying that biscuit you queefed and was able to take a few hearty sniffs. I made sure that some of the scent stained my mustache so I should be good for a few days. Oh, do me a favor, the other day when you drank beer and had some eggs–not good.

August 23, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  18. steve von

Megan fox!!!! That's all I have to say!!! Stunning! Breathe taking beauty!

August 23, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  19. kay

Fox will get a tat of Rebecca Black to replace the one of marylin manson!

August 23, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  20. flaminblonde

My ass is BI POLAR and they say SPLIT personality disorder.... only because ( of both) that I care not of the consequences that I do.... and worry about them later. ...... Megan fox is a tramp. I did like her... but not anymore. It's like saying ytou don't like ppl with ADD or ADHD or MS...or anything.... I myself am a normal human who works hard, raises my children well, picks them up from school everyday, caters to my husband... MEDS... MEDS....MEDS... that's what helps me... she's a freak and needs to understand that. Don't think she'll have much of a career after so much she's been saying. Saying you're BI POLAR, or BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER....is like saying that we won't accept AIDS...we wont' accept ALLERGIES...we won't accept DEPRESSION.... I MEAN COME THE FRACK ON!!!!! Seriosouly...... the world has evolved and so have mental disorders....doesn't mean WE ARE RETARED!!! And I say that in a nice sense because the world doesn't use retared anymore ....they use MENTALLY CHALLENGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If that was that case......................then we ALL ARE FRACKIN MENTALLY CHALLENGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 23, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Who gives a d*mn

Hot chicks don't need brains;by the time their looks are gone they'd have had about three ex,or maybe at least one deceased rich husband,that's how my aunt got hers.

August 23, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. stillwater

I meant to say.... what a tw@t

August 23, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  23. stillwater

Huh?

August 23, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  24. vera

Why did she get Τ̣̣ђё tattoo I̶̲̥̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Τ̣̣ђё first place?

August 23, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  25. NORMAJEAN123

OOPS OF MARILYN

August 23, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  26. NORMAJEAN123

Stupid place for that sort of tatoo, BUT she could not come near the beauty af Marilyn. I have never heard of Marilyn having mental issues,Is it true.

August 23, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  27. kimberly

LOL! So now I know why I boycott Hollywood movies!. I worked at Juvenile Hall and a judge made this Hispanic kid get tattoos removed off of his face before his release at 18... That poor kids face was scarred up for life! The lasers burned so bad that he was crying in pain with infected sores for weeks! I filed a complaint against the nurses to try and get him some help...tattoo removal does not work, leaves nasty scarres, is painful, and can get infections that cause more pain and deformities! Check it out online before removing your tats guys & gals!!!

August 23, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Harman

"LOL! So now I know why I boycott Hollywood movies!. I worked at Juvenile H..."

This had absolutely no relevance to this article, Kimberly, sorry to say but you are an idiot ...

August 23, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

Whatever. Serves the brat right.

August 23, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Deaf dude

What about a new film, "Miss Dumb and Dumber"?! : )

August 23, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  29. alecia

Wow. just wow. hollywood must be the gathering place for strangeness. kinda like devils tower in Close Encounters of the Third Kind. wait! is that in line for a "reboot" too?

August 23, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Monseur Bladdy Blah

I also eat Cheetos.

August 23, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Susan McCullogh

Megan Fox what a poor excuse. Negative energy. Read about Marilyn Monroe. It was said that when she walked into a room the room lit up. Bipolar disease is not a character flaw you idiot. It is a disease, a sad disease. I hope you get a lot of flack for this. You will never be as iconic as she is, as adored as she is. Keep it on your arm at least they will look at you to look at her. You fool!

August 23, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • NORMAJEAN123

You said it Susan. My Brother in Law's Father was at a party when Marilyn came into the room, noone could move, so he walked up to her and asked her to dance she whispered to him Thank You Sir. Cool Huh? It is the truth I saw the pictures.....

August 23, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  32. supersquish

Next up is the removal of her toe thumbs.

August 23, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  33. supersquish

well it's all just dumb dumb dumb anyways

August 23, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Yo.

I used to like megan fox, but this proves what an idiot she is. I love marilyn, and plan on gettin a tat of her on me, and my dad has bipolar disorder, its not their fault that they have that disease, and it doesnt make them any less of a person. Idk why she would get a tat of a person that she hardly knows about, like seriously dumb move. People can think and say whatever they want about marilyn or getting a tat of her, but shes an icon, beautiful, inspirational (in many ways) person.

August 23, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Steve

I think the "negative energy" is just having a big ole tacky drawing on a visible part of her body. She just invented a more stupid reason for having it removed.

August 23, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  36. betty

what an oddball. I had a tattoo removed from my ankle.....ok it was a dumb thing to do, but at least I could cover it til it was removed. Why in the hell would someone get someones face plastered on their arm , that's dumber still. Yea, Marilyn had problems ok I will give her that but at least she isn't a hasbeen like Ms. Fox!

August 23, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  37. starrfire

Hiya madrapper! I'm in central NC and felt a slight tremble. I didn't even know what it was until my sis texted me and I turned on the news! How strange....

August 23, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Beh

Her name is Megan Fox, not Megan Brain.

August 23, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Deb

I like her more already. The tattoo is extremely tacky and classless, smart move.

August 23, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Happy Cow

mooo. sometimes tracie even makes me laugh. i am terrible. moooo : )

August 23, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  41. I felt the quake

My desk was shaking and the hanging lights swayed! I am FAR away from Wash. (Hundreds and hundreds of miles away!)

August 23, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Bettie

I thought there was an earthquake but just a fart slippin out. It was a real stinker too.

August 23, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  43. The Måd Råp3r

Anyone else feel,the earthquake?

August 23, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  44. jujubeans

Pretty woman, mental mess. Danger Will Robinson!

August 23, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blankety Blank

She is mistaken if she thinks a tat is giving her bad energy... it's more like bad acting and choices.

August 24, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  45. Tony

Removing that tattoo will create a scar and on that skinny arm, it will look bad. It still won't make her a better actor.

August 23, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Becca

It probably will not "scar". The lasers that they use to remove tattoos now are much better than before. The laser passes through the first few layers of skin without harming them, and makes the ink particles that are in the last layer of skin burst and they are absorbed by the body and therefore fade. Because the tattoo is black it will probably leave a few very faint "shadows" but not anything noticible. And also she is Megan Fox, she can afford the best.

August 23, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  46. A

Her reasoning for removing the tattoo is dumb. What a weirdo.

August 23, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • anonymous

It isn't dumb. It makes more sense then you'll ever realize apparently. Hollywood is not what you think it is. Good for her.

August 23, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

I agree. Dumb reason to give for removing it. But, it was dumb to get it put on her forearm anyway.

August 23, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

As a former slave to Hollywood, yes, yes it is what you think it is. She's an idiot. Next...

August 23, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julie

Is it just me or does she seem to be impersonating a brunette? I bet her publicist just hates her...snicker.

August 24, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Harald Mueller

she can do whatever she wants. it is her body

August 24, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  47. Evel Knievel

August 23, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Evel

Congrats, but when have you ever cared about commenting first?

August 23, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

I haven't and don't, but I didn't have anything smart a55 to say.

August 23, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Playjojo

You're 10, and she's an idiot.

August 23, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Derpaderp

Why do you think you matter?

August 23, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Uh huh

First in comments, last in everything else. Congratulations.

August 23, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

I wasn't last when we were pulling a train on your mom last night.

August 24, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Evel

That's the Evel I know!!!

August 24, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Annonymous

Marilyn Monroe is a good example of what genetics can do along with suffering from the effects of affliction by people and her self most likely contributedt to her tragic ending.

She not only symbolized the beauty of the all American blond bomb shell, but also growing up in an imperfect and horrible childhood like some of us have experienced. Monroe will never be forgotten.

August 26, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  48. The Duke Fairy

Wow!! I bet that looks awesome!

August 23, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  49. humberto

You in the Italian army or just work at fiat ?

August 23, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |