'Mad Men' kid: 'Be careful around' January Jones
August 23rd, 2011

'Mad Men' kid: 'Be careful around' January Jones

The little boy who plays Don and Betty Draper’s son on “Mad Men” doesn't seem to be a big fan of onscreen mom January Jones, reports TV Guide.

Jared Gilmore, the show’s third Bobby Draper, is leaving the AMC hit series for ABC's upcoming fairy-tale drama “Once Upon a Time.” But before he goes, Gilmore wants to warn his tiny successor about his former TV mom.

"Be careful around January [Jones]. She's not as approachable as the others,” the 11-year-old cautions. “She's really serious about what she does. Everyone else is so nice."

On the show, ice queen Betty Draper is cold to her three kids, so maybe January is a method actor? Either way, best of luck, Bobby Draper No. 4!

Production has just begun on the show's delayed fifth season, which will premiere early next year with the latest Bobby. "Mad Men" received a leading 19 Emmy nominations among scripted series.

1. Rock

She looks like Bonnie, an old girlfriend of mine so she must be just a b1tch and a cheater. She did have a nice blonde snapper though.

August 25, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. John T

She reminds me PERFECTLY of my ex-wife. Pretends to be sweet in public but is really a cold hearted beyotch, and that makes me love her :(

Fricken women, I swear.

August 25, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. ethelculp

I'd like to hear from the kid who played "Glen". http://bit.ly/nnKwCl

August 25, 2011 at 3:56 am | Report abuse |
  4. PhillyPhan

She isn't even that hot

August 24, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. gah

there are many actresses in Hollywood who are not personable or even considered to be nice at all – with so many reports i don't think there could be much doubt that Ms Jones is on that list
    they have a right to be as snotty as they want- but in the end, i think it's the stars that don't let fame, beauty, or wealth go to their heads that do better in the long-run

August 24, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Shellie

She was horrible in We Are Marshall.

August 24, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Blah

Each time someone talks about their experiences and interactions with January, it seems to be the same view. she's not very nice and seems to think very highly of herself. She may be beautiful on the outside, but it appears she is not the same on the inside. I'll never watch anything she does.

August 24, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jujubeans

What kind of name is that? Like February Fields or September Smith.

August 24, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
    • mettle69

I've known several women with the name January, who usually go by Jan. It's a "month name" (April, May, June... common for women; August was once a fairly common name for men).

August 24, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Buck

WIsh they'd gotten rid of her after she and Don divorced. She's not really relevant now to the storyline other than giving the writers more options for the divorced-parents-with-kids-issues. I really wish the show would end soon on a high note before it jumps the shark.

August 24, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  10. Katherine

Another actor not associated with this show said the same thing about her: he said she asked him to leave her table.
    January should realize that this show is not going to last forever and respect towards others goes a long long way.

August 24, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  11. Kim Andersen

My true dream is that everyone in this world would be civil and non-judgemental towards one another!!! As much I do my best on a daily basis..I realize that is not going to happen! My True wish is to get my teeth fixed. Due a 25 year battle with Anorexia/Bulimia and almost dying because there was in drop in my weight to the 70. Last year my doctor tried his hardest to put a roundhouse in, however due stree and grinding, it Broke. Now I am 38 and looking at dentures!!! I also am an addict an am working with Ken Seelly for TX. Though my parents were and are still wonderfull they couldn't prevent a close relative molesting weekly. I want live and help others like I have during my speaking events

August 24, 2011 at 4:42 am | Report abuse |
    • moe

Wow...I get that you want to get your story out there. But can we say, "self-involved, much?"

August 24, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Marney

She's so hot tho!

August 24, 2011 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  13. MedicMax

She is a great actress for "Mad Men", playing emotionally stunted Betty. She seems to be made for that role.

But looking past "Mad Men" I do not see much out there for her. Don't believe me? Watch "Unknown". She was HORRIBLE!

August 24, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
    • bwaithaka

Wasn't she though! Liam Neeson deserved a better co-star ... Even in X-Men First Class ... versatility can't be too underrated ...

August 24, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  14. Rose

I think she looks angry all the time because she's hungry.

August 23, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. peacemonger

I'm a huge fan of the show and think its absolutely brilliant. I think she's perfect in the role of Betty. But overall, she lacks star quality and is not especially pretty. She looks amazing done up as Betty in period makeup and clothes. John Hamm is going to be big after this show!

August 23, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • mettle69

Hamm is not going to ever be any "bigger" than he is now. Mark my words, he'll go the same route as Dylan McDermott. He'll be able to pay the bills, but his star won't rise any higher.

August 24, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  16. marybradley

luv her! best ice queen ever!

August 23, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Gladys

It never fails – I make a comment about someone and CNN blocks me.........so in code (lol)....didn't this woman used to be a P*rn Star?

August 23, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  18. daano

Never heard of this dude.

August 23, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  19. theboss271

Maybe January Jones is just bitter about her lack of acting talent. I really do not understand why she has any kind of career. She is a complete bore.

August 23, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  20. lolarites

I always feel sorry for Bobby. He seems to be completely ignored. She is always on his case about something. I love the pathology between Betty and Glen. He needs to come beat her a** for Bobby.

August 23, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  21. goutie

That picture is not of January Jones...Is it? I just saw a rerun this weekend. CNN, oops?

August 23, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Moe

This woman has a large ego and little talent. When mad men is over so is her career...hope she snaps out of this when her baby comes.

August 23, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carrie

I don't think she has ANY talent; from interviews with her I have seen and read, playing emotionally frigid Betty is not much of a stretch for her. I don't think she is a lady at all.

August 23, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Louie

She always looks so angry. She is so pretty, but so touch me and die.

August 23, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  24. jillmarie

Too many rumors about her being rude for there not to be some truth to it.. she's even rude to children?! I'll never be a fan. First Zack G., now this kid....

August 23, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  25. [lol]

January Jones seems to have no friends... maybe she should lighten up and learn to live a little.

August 23, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • koalame

She always seems really snobish and uptight in everything I have seen her in. Not the greatest actress.

August 24, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  26. yo

Yeah, that sounds about right!

August 23, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |