While you were working...
August 22nd, 2011

While you were working...

Today's news you might've missed:

• We've always pegged Ryan Gosling as more of a lover than a fighter, but this video just may prove us wrong. The actor is being pegged as the valiant Samaritan in the striped tank top who stopped an NYC street fight in the video below.  [New York Daily News]

• Surprise, surprise: Runaway bride/Playboy model Crystal Harris is trying to get her own reality show. You don't say! [TMZ]
  • While Kim Kardashian was busy blowing a reported $10 million on her "fairytale" wedding, former flame Ray J was celebrating his 30th birthday in Vegas. [Bossip]
  • If you didn't like "Tree of Life," Sean Penn says to lay the blame on director Terrence Malick. Penn's quoted as telling Le Figaro, "A clearer and more conventional narrative would have helped the film without, in my opinion, lessening its beauty and its impact...What’s more, Terry himself never managed to explain it to me clearly." [The New Yorker]
  • This snippet of Amy Winehouse's duet with Tony Bennett, "Body and Soul," is only 45 seconds long, but you don't need much more to marvel at what a great voice the late singer had. [Idolator]

Filed under: While you were working

1. Aflec

they shoukd get married and have big wedding like kim k. sign up for aflac ins for house

August 24, 2011 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. Just Saying

@wife, @Let's be real and Dense are fake . last three postings i meant to say are trolls.

August 23, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Just Saying

It's obvious Dense, @lets be real, @dense are trolls. Last three postings are trolls. It's also obvious that lets be real knows who this person is and most likely want to talk to her or he won't have acknowledge her. Leave them alone.

August 23, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. @Dense

Troll..leave the ppl alone.

August 23, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. are you dense ?

I don't care where you are. I'm telling not to talk to my man yes my man. Don't forget there's this thing called history so ill be watching.

August 23, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. @let's be real

I'm not playing games. It's me..in class now. Have to go.

August 23, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. let's be reals wife

Listen here sunflower, enough already. You caused problems b4 and aint doing it again ! I read all that stuff between you and him and Ms Beautiful V you need to go away ! Understand ? No games this time !

August 23, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ranch Dressing

K u guys r taking 2 long to respond 2 each other. stop working n type. @lets be real u r next w/you comment. We feel a juicy story w/u 2. come on come on...lets have it peeps

August 23, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Sunflower

Prize*

August 23, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sunflower

Din din din! Look at you winning a price :) . I really enjoy the beautiful love comments that you've been leaving me (I'm sure it's you). You know those love notes..the latest one wasn't really nasty. The ending that I'm guessing (you) wrote, would have been something that my friend (thought he was a friend) would have said. He used to say some kind words of widsom which I actually liked. He (my friend)was kind of like an angel of God trying to save a fallen angel, so to speak..lol. Funny though, if you are him, you seem to have fallen from God's grace and became a troll..hmm. Like you said to me yesterday..I would love to sit and chat, but, I have a life I need to go live. I have to go back to work. I would hate for you to think "I'm one of those not so hard working Americans". We just had a 5.9 earthquake here on the East..Sorry to report that I didn't get hit in the head by a brick/heavy object. Still alive to come on blog and annoy you..lol. Bye

August 23, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. starrfire

"Hey" to the regulars.. Too many to put down.(I'm using my phone) @let's be real – I have no time for internet chatting except for this. Nobody is making you read the postings. Thanks timbo! Anyway, cc, my family rents a house on the beach at the Outer Banks, NC. It's private and quiet. Away from the general public, crowded beaches. You'd have to look at the map to see where it is. I'm in NC so it's a 5 hr drive from here. It's been dry here and hope Irene brings some rain. Have a good day everyone and be safe :).

August 23, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  12. let's be real

I'll switch it up~ are you~ very pretty but naughty and nice ? If you get my drift.

August 23, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. yo

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

August 23, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. yo

Yall are a snooze fest!

August 23, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. [lol]

Sunflower, your posts are hilarious.

August 23, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Sunflower

sorry some typos in there. Please excuse them.

August 23, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Sunflower

I don't want to put a name to anyone. If any of the things I said is true, then you know who I am. If you are that person, I wish I could talk to you. Llike I said, I missed you, and, I had admired and looked up to that you (or that person), but, it's hard talking on a blog. If you are not, well hopefully that person would read this and know I'm thinking of him. Anyway, have a great day. I have things to do. I would hate for you to think I don't have a life and s**t just comes out my mouth that's not true..lol.Try and be a little nicer ok.

August 23, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  18. MoonDancer

To lets be real: We tend to chat more on the "while you were working" site. Just stick to the articles if this bothers you! Nobody is making you read our posts. Obviously, they are not intended for you anyway. Yes, there is a group of us who are buds, and we like to stay in touch. Shame on us! I still wish you a good day, though! To all my other buddies, have a great day! To peace, chat with you later!!! Later!!!!

August 23, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  19. charlie crack

Hey @prezpeace-hope truck/things go well. Tell dan he is the man for helpin' my club prez. @FIX- HOT! Just plain hot here. Geez! @BV- whoop that test, utmost faith in you. @moondancer-got call at 4am from lojack that my bike was bein' moved. FREAKED! All my friends are on notification so all 5 phones of buds ringin'. Dang thing. Hope you had good ride other day. @itsamemario-whats up my dude? Hows cali treatin'ya.....haaaa(good i'm sure). Tipped my shot of tequila to ya last nite bro....@ms.fernace- glad to see you...freestyle fernace baaaby! @alecia, @starrfire (tell me bout' outer banks i'm unfamiliar), @happy cow (moooo)- hope alls well. @mad, @mr.ed hope you guys are bueno as well....have a great day all of you. I'm back at ballpark for tx rangers gm helpin' out again tonight, yesterday was fun, but like cowboys, on feet 12hrs straight (@FIX-ranger fan?).....yall all be good, shake them haters off and keep head up pointed at the clouds....and be safe, be good......

August 23, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  20. let's be real

Are you speaking to me ?

August 23, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  21. Sunflower

The blog we met on was Jersey Shore. You hated that show but you started watching some of it because of me. You said you saw the one of Snooki falling on her face in the sand..lol. Prob not the same person.

August 23, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  22. Sunflower

If you are the person I'm thinking it is. We started talking on a blog. Actually, more a battle of words, but, we became friends. You went by Jake at the time. I had a big fight with someone on a blog, regarding a name I called her which you didn't like. You were pretty mad at me. Of couse we kissed and made up (internet style)..lol. You said that you were going to be in Wildwood for (3) weeks in April, and you wanted to meet. I don't know what happened. I think I had stopped coming on for a while because of that crazy fight with that girl, but for some reason I didn't see you agin when I came back. I still go by the same name but, you seem to hate me now. Sunflower was a name you had for me. I believe you had once said your brother lives in Nashville. You may not be the person i'm thinking of. If you are, do you remember me telling you that I hope you drown in a Seattle puddle while crossing the street..lol? You do remind me of him though. The way you write. If you are that person....well I missed you.

August 23, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  23. Dale

@Fix and timbo. You are so right ! I might even chatter with you here and there. @lil wayne. Very funny !

August 23, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  24. @lil wayne

That was so d@m funny !

August 23, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  25. FIX IN TX

@timbo ~ Thanx & I agree that's why I started. Have a great day Timbo.

August 23, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  26. lil wayne

Its weezy f baby.yaaaaaa. If u dont like the uhhh chatting, go fall off a skateboard n break your leg. Yaaaaa weezy weezy weezy

August 23, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  27. lil wayne

Its weezy f baby.yaaaaaaa.to those that uh ya know dont uh like the chatting, go fall off a skateboard n break ur leg.yaaaaa.weezy weezy weezy

August 23, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  28. FIX IN TX

@let's be real ~ if you don't like it – don't read it. Last time I checked blogs are for communicating. We are not harming anything or anyone, we are just chatting. We are a friendly group of clean mouthed ppl that occasionally vent,but otherwise we wish each other well. So have a great day Let's be real!

August 23, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  29. @Sunflower

I don't live in Seattle no more, who you speaking to ? Do I know you ?

August 23, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  30. Sunflower

How are things going in Seattle? How was your visit to Wildwood in April? If you are who I think it is, I missed you...just saying.

August 23, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  31. timbo

@let's be real~ I like reading their posts. I think its nice that they made friends through out the usa. They seem to have a lot going on in their lives outside of this blog. You should just keep scrolling if you don't want to read the posts they make. How do they take it some where else if they don't have each others phone numbers and email address ? Should they post those here for every one to see ? Just don't read them and su ! Keep posting ppl, I like to see what you have going on !

August 23, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  32. let's be real

Crystal Harris is such a tool... should've just stayed with Hef and dealt with him so she could stay on his lame show. She isn't that attractive nor is she that relevant... just go away already.

Also, why is it that when I scroll down the comments to see how people are reacting to this article they're having a chat with each other??? You guys really need to take this to another means of communication... there's instant messenger that you can get at home or if you're on your phones you can also get chat for phone... I find it very odd that you choose CNN to talk to each other... you do realize that there's other means of communication with one another, right? I don't speak for everyone, but I will say that sometimes certain people probably don't want to see your conversations or know about your lives... that's what getting out of the house and interacting with people is about... not chatting through the phone in non-vocal ways (texting and leaving comments on CNN).

August 23, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  33. Peace

Hey all! Hope your well. MoonDancer, Did my bid, I got the job,but, they want it done ASAP. I don't get service to my ph for some reason. I'm waiting at a rest area for "my man Dan" to bring fully loaded trailer. I hate making my peeps work outta town, so I'm doing it myself. Should be home late Thurs pm or Fri. 1 cool thing, there is a park not too far away called Sanilac Petroglyphs State Park. I was talking to this guy & he has access to this petroglyph. He's a Chippewa Indian. Before I leave, he's gonna show it to me! The public is no longer welcome to view it. He said it is fenced off. Supposed to big good sized 1. Here comes Dan now. I'll fill ya in later. Try to tx me & see if I receive it, would ya? To all my buds, Have a good week, ttyl! :)

August 23, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
    • januarytuesday

This park IS open to the public, please check the schedule online with the Michigan DNR. The main glyph area hours are posted online, Wednesday through Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. until September 4 this year. The rock has been fenced since before the area was made into a park as people have vandalized it.

August 26, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  34. FIX IN TX

@Mario ~ have a beer for me ( docs won't let me drink:( @MoonDancer ~ thanks for the rain wishes ~ we hit day 56 of 100 or above for yr tying 1998 for #2 the overall record is 69 days from 1980 the 7day forecast is predicting we will easily hit 63 days ~ no rain in sight. It was back to school here on Monday and we hit 104.I am just glad I am not moving like last Aug. 22 temp was 105 Our main moving day was 109. @starrfire, peace, alecia, anna, BV (good luck on CPR if it is on Tues. ~ you'll do great) , happy cow (mooooo to you), fernace, etc have a great night and an even better Tuesday!

August 23, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  35. starrfire

Hey Moondancer, charlie, Fix, mario, fernace, etc.. Sup? Been nothing good on tv so you guys entertain me! Enjoy your vacation, moondancerg. I can't wait to go to the Outer Banks in 18 days! Y'all be good and play nice :)

August 22, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  36. MoonDancer

Mario- go easy there big fellq. Remember that last pong party! Didn't you suffer for a couple of days. Determination, that's what i like! To Fix- thanks I will. Going to restring electric fence around my pasture tomorrow. Wednesday I will just go play. Can't make plans until i see the weather report for the week, though. I'd like to get some bike riding in, too. Wishing you all good weather and rain if you need it. Howdy's to everyone! Later!

August 22, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  37. itsamemario

Hey all how goes it? I*m laughing at how much of this entertainment news fails to entertain me. @fix, charlie, peace, moondancer hey guys its another beer pong nite..i will be tipping a few for y*all definitely..

August 22, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  38. fernace

All the people who wrote such mean spirited posts after Amy Winehouse died will be eating their words! She was such a talented spirit, too bad-sad she was also so tormented! Hope there is plenty of recorded material for her fans to devour, mourn & celebrate to!!

August 22, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  39. FIX IN TX

@MoonDancer ~ Enjoy your time off. Don't work too hard. It's ok to play hard ;) Hi to everyone else. 1 day down 4 to go til the w/e :)

August 22, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  40. charlie cr@p

you forgot to say FIRSTY!

August 22, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  41. MoonDancer

Good afternoon everybody! I hope everybody had a great weekend. I'm taking the rest of this week off from work. Time to get some projects done, and have some fun, too. Wishing you all a great week!

August 22, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |