'True Blood's' turmoil goes public
August 22nd, 2011

'True Blood's' turmoil goes public

Wow, a whole bunch of stuff happened this week, huh?

Sookie survived the graveyard battle royal and went on to have a dumb dream where she wore sexy lingerie, told Bill and Eric she loved both of them and then they had a sort-of threesome. Yawn.

After the dustup, the witches gathered for a post mortem at Moon Goddess. Holly and Tara voiced their objections to Antonia's antics. Antonia then unleashed the crazy and announced that with Eric now under her command, she planned to raise hell at the upcoming vampire PR event, the Tolerance Jamboree.

Meanwhile, in Shreveport, Debbie sat in the dark waiting for Alcide to come home while she cried and watched "Cheaters." Throw in a pint of Häagen-Dazs and a tabby cat and you have the Hollywood formula for lonely ladies everywhere.

When Alcide finally came home we were treated to this week’s defining moment – a shot of his ass as he crawled into bed. Debbie detected Sookie's scent and her eyes glowed in a way that universally translated to, "Ima kill that bitch."

Disappointingly, Debbie appeared to take the high road (to a resounding chorus of boos in my living room) and showed up on Sookie's doorstep to offer her assistance. Sure, she downed a vial of V before she came, but when Sookie read her thoughts she came across as sincere.

The two later Thelma & Louise’d it on over to Moon Goddess where Debbie created a diversion by offering to help Antonia while Sookie crept in through a window and soon found Eric, who told her that his mission was to “kill the king.”

Tara appeared and Sookie’s quick scan of her thoughts revealed that Antonia was holding the group hostage. That’s when another fake-out fell out of the Diversion Piñata™, and Sookie escaped without Eric and without freeing a single witch, so it was a mission made of fail.

And I’m not entirely convinced that Debbie wasn’t trying to throw Sookie under the broom, if you will.

Undeterred, Antonia locked up the Moon Goddess crew and allowed flaky witch Roy to escort her to the Tolerance Cotillion.

Elsewhere, Marcus swaggered into Merlotte's and snarled at Tommy to tell Sam to meet him at his motorcycle shop – OF COURSE he runs a body shop – for tea and a mature discussion about who was more deserving of Luna's affections. Do I even need to tell you where this is headed?

Marcus had a full dance card that day as he later met with Alcide at his shop. The two bonded over Shiner Bock and pack business and Marcus rounded out the conversation by asking Alcide to help him deal with Sam.

Tommy showed up at the body shop that night as Sam 2.0. He egged Marcus on and was roughed up something fierce by the pack. When he shifted back to his true form, Alcide, "True Blood’s" designated dead weight carrier, carted him off.

Meanwhile, Lafayette continued to play host to Mavis, who showed up at Hoyt’s place with Mikey in one hand and Andy's service revolver in the other.

It goes without saying that the takedown was a total mess. No one knew what was really going on - Andy was high, Arlene was hysterical and Terry was outlining tactical maneuvers as if he was still in Fallujah.

Arlene had the good sense to call Jesus and he helped Mavis relive the night her baby died. We learned that Mavis’ lover killed her that night as well.

Our theories that Mavis’ baby daddy was a Bellefleur or a Lenier were totally off base. As it turns out, Hoyt's place was once Mavis' home and she was haunting the joint in a vain attempt to find her baby and hold him one last time.

The two were reunited after the gang dug up her and the baby's remains and jeez, it was kind of heartbreaking. Jesus worked a little magic and set Mavis free and she thanked Lafayette for being a gracious host.

Y'all, like any good Trubie, I keep a running list of my favorite show quotes in my head, and Lafayette's response of "You got it, bitch," rocketed to the top of that list. I'm planning to use it the first chance I get – on my mom, my boss, whoever. It's just that good and totally worth being fired and/or disinherited over.

After the dust settled, Jason gave Hoyt a hand and returned a box of Jessica’s things to her. Then they had sex in the back of Jason's truck. And I don't know about you, but when I fire up my love makin’ playlist, Taylor Swift sure as hell isn't on it.

Over at the Tolerance Quilting Bee, Eric delivered the remaining Louisiana sheriffs to Antonia, who put them under her spell, and as the cameras rolled they killed Bill's guards and began to wreak havoc, scaring the hell out of everyone in attendance and further infuriating Nan, who was already put out that Eric was still alive.

So! What did you think of last night’s episode? With only three episodes left we’re speeding toward the season finale so get ready for a fast and furious few weeks!

Post by:
Filed under: television • True Blood • TV recaps

1. Jessicaf Vandenberght

Itis very straightforward to find out any topic on web as compared to books, as I fount this article at this web site.

July 25, 2012 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  2. Custom hand Denver bookbinding

Thank you, I have just been looking for info about this topic for a while and yours is the greatest I've discovered so far. However, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you sure concerning the supply?|What i don't understood is if truth be told how you're now not really much more smartly-favored than you may be now. You are so intelligent.

July 14, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Excellent blog right here! Additionally your website so much up fast! What host are you the usage of? Can I get your associate hyperlink for your host? I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was totally right. This submit actually made my day. You cann't consider just how a lot time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

June 13, 2012 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. Wilmington N. Carolina Real Estate Expert

Wonderful points altogether, you just received a new reader. What would you suggest in regards to your submit that you just made some days in the past? Any sure?

April 21, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Willow

Haven't seen it yet. I wish they were more true to the books. Jason as a were-panther would have been interesting on TV.

September 9, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Hilton George III

The entire "vampire" thing on TV period is becoming lame honestly thus I can dig the introduction of the witch aspect in this season. That alone keeps me watching because a true mystical opponent to the vampires. Humans can't go against the vampires alone unless the creators jump onto some real spiritual stuff. Note to ppl and most of you all know that no book will ever be exactly depicted in the visual medium no matter if its stage or screen. This season is cool but unless the show goes completely back to the boring relationships (non romantic especially) then I can become interested again. Its still a good watch yes but it is beginning to wear on me. Primarily because it seems like the show is trying very hard to keep an audience. No doubt a great business plan yes but eh for the show's longevity.

September 2, 2011 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. G

-Fan of the show. -Haven't read the books. -Worst season so far. -Still look forward to Sunday although not enough substance this time around. -Too many pointless scenes. -Witch, Marley, excellent actress. -I like Eric as an actor and his part in the story.

August 30, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Rita

I was so happy when they were previewing this season because it seemed they were going to get back to the books with Eric and Sookie. However, Alan Ball has gone too far away from the books. We have characters like Jessica and Sam's brother, both totally useless wastes of airtime, but no Bubba, which would have been so much more entertaining. Tara is quite possibly the most irritating person in the show, next to Andy Bellefleur, and I walk away when Tara is on screen. The books have always revolved around Sookie, and the show just doesn't. Get rid of Jessica, Jesus and Tara, bring in more weres, and get back to the plot. There are just too many storylines that are boring as watching paint dry. Come on Alan Ball! Get with the program!

August 30, 2011 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jim

Watch True Blood Online Free http://www.watch-movies–online.org/12507/true-blood-se04-ep06-i-wish-i-was-the-moon/

August 25, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. simplicityjones

Being a fan of the Sookie Stackhouse books I was thrilled with the first three seasons. Despite the shows variation from the books, there still remained a closeness that helped bring a new life to the books characters. This season unfortunately has way too many subplots and plots. Even the books plots can be a bit gnarled with subplots but not to the degree this season has revealed. Unfortunately this season started with the fairy wars and went directly into the werewolves and witches. They have tried to introduce too many characters too quickly. The Lafayette/Mavis story is typical Harris fashion, tying up one end and leaving room for another opening in the near future. Sookie's turmoil and lust for Bill and Eric resonates throughout he books. The dream sequences this season have been confusing and too numerous. The writers need to go back and look at what worked for the first three seasons and revisit the authoring. Keep It Simple Stupid, that always works. The writers need to back track to the nearness of the books, stop introducing too many plots at one time. Debbie is going to hate Sookie, Alcide is going to become pack leader. Her fairy grandfather should be showing up any time now. The fairies are going to war. The writers just need to go back to basics.

August 24, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  11. StillAFan

Like seriously guys... I don't think we are watching the same show... I think some of you are just trying to find excuses as to not watch... The witch plot line is AWESOME... if you've noticed each season a new "supernatural being" is brought into play... I'm not sure how anyone can say this season has been a dud. The mere fact that there is a lot going on makes it interesting. Why would want to see the same story carried over for 3 or 4 episodes?!? And maybe it's too much for some of you because you can't keep up... Roll on Mondays, and roll on SEASON 5!

August 23, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Vamp Fan

This show is a lot of fun! It's not supposted to be suepr serious and scary, it camp!
    And true fans of the show should be thankful they didn't follow the books to a T or we would have no LaLa (Lafayette). Who died at the beginning of the second book (not the first).
    I do totally agree that the whole Eric has amnesia thing is getting boring! I LOVE the old Eric! He better not pull a Godrich either or I might have to think about not watching anymore. Unless there is more naked Alcide!

August 23, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ellie4cats

I love this show and look forward to it every Sunday! My husband watches it with me. I think that some of the reason some people are not as into it as other is b/c this show is definitely geared towards women. I can tell this by the snide comments coming from the other side of the couch in some of the scenes. LOL!

All of these cute guys...and Eric is so TALL. I am trying not to swoon in front of my husband (he actually said something early on so I know it annoys him) but it is difficult! AKKK!

OK, I admit, that the little dream sequence with Sookie and her two guys was a bit lame, but I can overlook a bit of cheese. They are obviously going for the romance novel camp. I am OK with that. And maybe this was for the guys, (Sookie in her lingerie.)

I have read all of the books and they are great! They do not follow along with the show, so you will not spoil it for yourself. It is like getting two stories! Buy the books!

Thanks True Blood for all the fun and cute guys on TV! Lovin' it!

August 23, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Northern Nellie

A complete dud of a season. Miss the southeness of which this season seems to be missing completely. Really miss any type of real chemistry between any of the characters. So sad to see a season bite the dust like this after the first three were so good. Here's hoping next season is way better...can it get worse?

August 23, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  15. Bookenz

No matter how silly the plot lines become, it's always worth it to see Alcide with his clothes off. More Alcide!

August 23, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  16. KellyCU131

I am a fan of both the books and the show, but find that I am feeling the show is a bit lacking on something (can't quite put my finger on it.) Personally I am not a fan of Tara in the show. I am glad they kept Lafayette and think Jesus was a good introduction. As far as the witches go, the are really reaching to keep this plot line interesting – Antonia is a wack job. The Eric amnesia part of the books was some of my favorite and added some wonderful secret tension to the Sookie/Eric plot line after he went back to normal but forgot everything that had happened with Sookie – hopefully they can work that into next season. Random question about last night: If Sookie/Debbie left the witch place the same time as Antonia and the other dude, how did Antonia get there so far ahead of Sookie? (I know how Eric got there first, but I don't remember Sookie yelling to Debbie that Antonia's car was passing them on the drive....) – lol

August 23, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  17. sxymthr

Been a Trubie since DAY 1. I am loving the Wow endings, deep Lousiana historical taboos and fun fantasies Sookie gets with both her men. Maybe because my family is from Lafayette and I can see the "Witchiepoo"- (Lafayettes best good one for the season) aspect more than warepanthers... But good job, nothing is very predictiable in story lines. Good job Alan!

August 23, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  18. Team Bill

I certainly liked season 3 more. I have found the Creole lady and her dead baby coupled with the witchy storyline of Lafayette and Jesus to be the most compelling story thus far.

So over Tara, I wish she would just get killed off, hopefully Tommy dies too.

My favorite quote from last night was Bill's line..."It's like having a civil rights protest without any black people." tacky and tasteless, but it still made me laugh.

August 23, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  19. scrot

It's turned into a comedy, which is disappointing, but I laughed out loud several times at lines like this. Jason say's to Jessica "let me parrot phrase" ha he deserves an emmy for saying that with a straight face.

August 23, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Bookenz

I rewound that on my tivo just to make sure I heard it right – hilarious.

August 23, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  20. Tali McGregor

Too, TOO much going on this season!! And if wimpy Eric doesn't get turned back soon I'm gonna be MAD!!!!! :-P~

August 23, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  21. Bre

I don't know what you all are talking about. Last night was not the best episode of the season but I've LOVED this season so far. so much better than that mary-anne maenad crap a few seasons back.

August 23, 2011 at 3:26 am | Report abuse |
  22. shawn

Holy religious moments ! get rid of the witches ,fairies. KEEP WAREWOLVES AND VAMPYRES AND ADD IN A GHOST FOR SOME ZIP . Sookie is part Fairie this does NOT mean she has to kiss up to her fathers side of the family . It is a poor plot along with the witches and is killing True Blood. Hello WRITERS people here attempting not to turn channel.

August 23, 2011 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  23. Annette

What's next...Leprechans? Zombies? Bigfoot? El Chupacabre? The Stay Puff Marshmallow Man? Really this season jumped not only the shark but every other aquatic creature available. Loch Ness Monster anyone? Nessie must be in her trailer getting ready for her closeups in next week's episode. Think I'm done with TB now. Thanks.

August 23, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  24. ago

Im done with the witches....ready for Eric to get back into full vampire viking character! Honestly Im done with SooKie too

August 23, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  25. TBisCamp

People, this show is camp in its purest form. If you're not into camp, you just won't get it. Remember the old Batman TV show?

I for one think it's awesome – if you don't like one storyline, another one comes up to whack you in the face. If you don't like one character, another one comes to the forefront within an episode or two. Something for everybody!

And can I just say that the costume designer deserves an Emmy? Amazing stuff!

August 23, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  26. Jaynicia

I just kept rewinding that Alcide nekkid butt shot over and over and over again...

August 22, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  27. 5_on_it

Last season was a bit better, but I'm still loving this season. Question am the only straight guy who likes the show? my brother likes it but he isn't straight not that it matters, just curious. My wife gives me heck about it liking it.

August 22, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paul1963

No, 5_on_it, you're not the only straight guy who likes the show.
      Put me among the group whose patience was tested by Mary Ann the maenad, too. When I've found myself getting tired of one of this season's plot threads, I just tell myself it's not as bad as the Mary Ann plot.

We had the gun nitpick earlier, here's a car-guy nitpick: Why was Jason driving Hoyt's truck? He has one of his own, plus as a deputy he seems to have access to a squad car. And then there's his truck-bed tryst with Jessica–doing your best friend's ex in the back of your best friend's truck is NOT COOL, Jason.

August 23, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  28. Alex

Not that she's anything more than a minor character in the books, but why introduce Portia Bellefleur at all, not to mention the fact that Bill is a Bellefleur ancestor? At this point, I can't see them taking it anywhere this season.

August 22, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  29. fidgetwidget

If TB doesn't get back to the formula that was the foundation of seasons 1 and 2, this show will have jumped the shark. I've got to agree with 99% of fool4blood's assessment. Gonna watch the next three episodes very closely before deciding whether or not to invest the time and energy into another season...

August 22, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Bored

Don't know who's writing the scripts this season, but there are too many cooks in the kitchen. Plots? There should be just one. Subplots? Maybe a couple. Maybe. And don't these folks know that more is NOT always better? This season is a huge disappointment. Wake up, Mr. Ball, before it's too late, because at this rate I'm going to drop my subscription to HBO.

August 22, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Fool4Blood

I am totally a True Blood fan; however, I have to agree that this season is somewhat of a letdown. I have read all of the books and have watched every episode of every season (multiple times), but my opinion is no more important than anyone else's. So here goes...

Bill – had a chance to be "King", but still moping around because of Sookie. No real vampire could be so wimpy and this is coming from a Bill lover.
    Eric – was a Viking prince when alive and a bada$$ vampire when dead... until he started moping around because of Sookie. Looking forward to end of amnesia before I forget to keep watching.
    Alcide – bod of a god!!! A little too mellow until his eyes turn yellow.
    Sookie – got really tired of her in the books and the series is making me feel this way too. What happened to her Fae story line?
    Jason – never get tired of him, he just makes me laugh.
    Tara – needs to go away.
    Tommy – needs to go away.
    Andy – totally one dimensional as V-addict. Get into a program or go away.
    Sam – no real story line this season... at least one I care about.
    Lafayette – don't care for his story line this season. Could have been interesting, but just didn't happen. Get back into the kitchen where you have more sizzle.
    Jesus – needs to have a bad side, no one raised by his grandaddy could be this good.
    Pam – love her character, wish she would have bitten Tara.
    Jessica – loved the Hoyt romance last season. Cool thing would have been for her to turn Hoyt into a vamp, but she was too young in many ways.
    Nan – thought her and Bill's back-story (1980s London) might play out in a more interesting way. Nothing so far.
    Hoyt and his mother – need to go away.
    Witches – need to go away.
    Faeries – loved their evilness, but what happened to them?

August 22, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  32. JR

I love the books and the show. However, most of this season's episodes have been duds. I still think Alan Ball is doing a great job. I hope season 5 isn't the final season.

August 22, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Albus

If you feel that most, if not all the episodes this season have been dudes, then how is Alan Ball doing a great job??? It's time for a new director/creator for this show with some fresh ideas.

August 22, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Shannon Nutt

There HAS been some good stuff in Season 4 (making Bill King of Louisana has made his rather dull character interesting; the Jason/Jessica/Hoyt storyline has been fun to watch), but the majority of you are correct – the witch storyline has been a disaster, and the sooner it's over, the better. I keep hoping Russell Edgington will show up and tell all the vamps in town to grow a pair! Of the four seasons, this one has been fangless.

August 22, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  34. bgl

I am trying sooooo hard to hang in there, but this season is not really doing anything for me. Some of it is just stupid and I am having a hard time taking it seriously. I am tired of Sookie's character and am beginning to find her to be rather stupid. I have not read the books so maybe I am missing something.

August 22, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Dave

Gawd, is this useless Vampie show still on? After watching a couple of episodes and being stultified, I figured it would be long gone. Along with the ghost of Robert Pattinson.

August 22, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Jane

I hate this season.

August 22, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  37. BringbacktherealEricNorthman

I REALLY want them to let Eric get his memory back. He is so much fun to watch. This Eric with the memory loss is just not as tantalizing :-) Also I think they now have

August 22, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • BringbacktherealEricNorthman

Sorry. Also I think they have too many supernaturals. Vamps, faeries, shape shifters, werewolves, were panthers, witches, mediums...If everybody is supernatural then nobody is really. Gotta love that HOT werewolf Alcide though. Not that any of the characters are bad. I just think it makes it less interesting when EVERYBODY is supernatural...

August 22, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Viv

I saw Alcide naked while crawling into bed and ... was there more to the show after that? I don't remember now...
    Aye Chi Wah that man is H-O-T!!!

August 22, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  39. MELISSA

Although I agree there is ALOT going on this season, I don't dislike it. I have however grown weary of the last two books in the series...I felt they lacked plot and I am not in love with the whole fairy thing, so I won't be sad to see True Blood overlook any more of it. I also like Eric as a "meanie" so bring him back next season as the bad ass he was meant to be...and more Pam please!

August 22, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  40. T. Murray

This review was great. The episode was def not the best, but it was okay. Funny that you picked out lines of the episode. Mine was "Here's to communication!" as Alcide and wolf pack leader guy toast it up. The "parrot-phrasing" was a close second. I wish Jason didn't have to be so dumb. I missed Pam on this episode. Sort of like Jo above – I loved seeing Sookie and Erik hook up...but now I am sort of wanting her to like bad boy Eric – not memory lost/loser Erik. I am not sure how this will all pan out...and I thought that the writers did a bit much with the doll baby teaser from last season to the Mavis "reveal" of the past two episodes...I mean what was that? All that just to show us that Lafayette can host ghosts? We learned that when he went with Jesus to see his abuelo. I thought somehow the baby was going to tie into something in the season finale, but looks like that is all tied up. Thought Rene's ghost might show up or something...I will be surprised if Sam's brother makes it out of this season alive at the rate he is going....

August 22, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Mayshay

I used to love watching this show, but not anymore. I agree with the other comments, there are too many plots going on. How can you develop scenes and characters when they are only on for 5 minutes the whole show? It's a shame, they had something good, now it's just for ratings and shock value.

August 22, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  42. dutspup

this season kind of blows, with all of the fantasy stuff, sookies pg rated dreams, the show is starting to have more of a pg rated approach booooooo! Lets get back to adulthood, seedy vampire stuff and stop it with the fary tale garbage. Last night was a joke.

August 22, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jo

I was happy to see Sookie and Eric together and now I am tired of them. That dream sequence last night just reminded me why I don't like the Sookie character. More Pam and Lafayette please!

August 22, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  44. BENJI

It was okay, but it feels like this show has lost its footing with all the crazy stuff that goes nowhere.

August 22, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  45. team viking

"Parrot-phrasing" Thank you, Jason Stackhouse.

August 22, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Wall-E

I was beginning to think the writers were lost in limbo.... now I know they are. This series used to be so campy and fun but now it's getting to be a lonely girl flick. So sad, it had so much potential.

August 22, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Iris

Last year Tara aggravated me. This year, I don't know what's going on with her. There's no passion between Sookie and Erik. I like him being the aggressive and dominating Erik. I forever love my Lafayette. Bill (YAWN), has always been a bore to me. I absolutely ADORE Pam. She is one of the strongest characters of the show. Ummmmm... more naked Erik, please. Sookie is a ditz, but otherwise I like her. Oh, and Jessica and Jason.... yup, yup!!!

August 22, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Kevin

The whole Eric storyline is getting boring....FAST! Bad-ass Eric needs to return. Anything involving Tara is a yawner.

August 22, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deana

Oddly, I think Tara is beautiful and I love to watch her talk. I say more Tara – and be done with all the anger. And her girl friend.

September 1, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  49. PamFan

Definitely More PAM, yes! Jesus showed us he has powers; most interesting of the current subplots. Luv n Jason n Jessica! Bill n Eric n Sookie. rather gay, in a good way. Tommy is SO lost. LaFayette's Brilliant. we agree; Emmy nom. Terry was funny, but wasn't suppose to be; Sherriff's V promble. idk, sort of comical in its own way. Luv Pam! Eric should regain memory. stat. witches r ok, but not scary enough. Luv LaFayette! Jason is SO Hard! Alcide; yes, I'll ask for more! dahling, delicious! still a TBFan....

August 22, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Ron B

Personally I have been disappointed this year.... The story line is running all over the place. Before is was one very good story but now they seem to have a dozen stories all running at once. True Blood is not fun anymore.

August 22, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Albus

I think thats the best way to describe this season. "It's just not fun anymore."

August 22, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  51. AmyLou

I'm a reader/watcher and I agree with most that this is not my favorite season (rank it 3 out 4) so far, but Alcide's divine nakedness, Pam and Lafayette (in that order) always make the show worth watching. Keep it coming Alan Ball and Charlaine Harris!

August 22, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  52. ~T

In my opinion the worst 'foe' was Mary Ann, and probably the worst season. This one with the witches is probably at a second to a dragged on ARC. As I consider Russell the best bad guy of all the seasons and since he's only taking a nap in concrete I think he should be the one to take out Antonia and become the reinstated king, which could tie in for next season as an Armageddon type season of the battle of the paranormal to the human. As a poster upthread said, Lafayette died in the first book (he was the one who originally died in the car) I was so glad that they didn't follow the books closely as a lot of good characters were never developed and some terrible characters were. I'd like to see Tara more, she's very secondary, maybe become a vampire and she tries to find a cure of some sort which would bring in new 'foes' to the storylines. There is still a lot they can do in this show......still would like to see Anita Blake come in and take over with Jean Claude and Richard. Hopefully someone will bring those books to HBO. One can only hope because the Anita Blake series is 100 times better than the Sookie books.

August 22, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • WOWWERS

I agree. I wan't to see Anita, Richard, and Jeane Claude every Sunday night. I love the Anita Blake Series it would CRUSH the True Blood series.

August 22, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Ernie

I LOVE vampires (read: Anne Rice) and I LOVE Alan Ball (read: American Beauty, Six Feet Under)... so it is an ongoing sadness in my life that this show still so sucks, as it always has. The acting is bad, the writing is bad,... damn, even the fangs are substandard. I still check out a few episodes each season because... it really shouldn't be so bad, there's no WAY it could be so bad. But it really really is; SO bad. :o(

August 22, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Cathy

One word-Alcide!!

August 22, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Jeannius

I do think last week's episode was a more exciting and key episode...this week was not quite as extreme. Also, I want to know if when Sookie or Eric or Bill has a dream, do they all dream it together or is it just in the one head?

August 22, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Rubyslippers

The highlight of the night was Alcide's behind on screen. I only watch for the eye candy. It's mindless entertainment. If you want reality watch NJ Housewives. PLEASE bring back the old Erik and for God's sake get rid of Tommy! Looking forward to more story line with the werewolves and less of the dream sequence crap! Somebody please tell Sookie to make up her mind or move on!

August 22, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  57. peacsktr

I LOVE TRUEBLOOD THIS SEASON IS THE BEST SO FAR. I WANT MORE OF THIS ALAN BALL IT TOTALY ROCKS THE EPISODES ARE SO ALIVE AND EXCITIN NEVER BORIN LOVE ALL THE SUB PLOTS AND HOW YOU CREATIVE LICENSCE MADE THE BOOKS BETTER AND HAVE ALL THE CHARACTERS LIFE AND THE STORY WOULD BE SO BORIN WITOUT LAFAYEATTE AND NAN AND TOMMY AND All THE CHARACTERS THAT ARE NOT PART OF THE BOOKS.
    HERES TO WISIN FOR A SEASON 5 6 7 8 9 10.

August 22, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Albus

Just an FYI: peacsktr, is Alan Balls Mom !!!!!!!

August 22, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angela

Right on sista! I too LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT TRUE BLOOD!!! It's certainly not a guilty pleasure for me to watch. That's right, I own it! I totally enjoy watching every episode, every season...guilt free!

August 22, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Think about it.

The reason for "Mavis" is to show that LaFayette can "banish" the dead (with the help of Jesus and Jesus). He will be Antonia's undoing. They do this little thing called "foreshadowing" – and literally with the sublety of an ax the side of the head. That being said – less Sam/Tommy, more Pam, more nekkid Alcide....

August 22, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • ww

Thanks for mentioning forshadowing. Seems like alot of us forget about that.

August 22, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Jeannius

I, too, thought there would be more to the ghost and baby thing, but I did figure out the house last week..but had to go back and look at episode 12 from last season to realize it was the same house. I've gotten to the point where the books no longer do me much good in predicting what will happen next...but that's ok. Think Debbie was halfway hoping the witch would get sookie because she actually told Antonia that she delivered her to her etc. She's going to blow sooner or later! I also think Sookie will snap Erik out of it..possibly with her fairy powers.....but what she will do with her dream's message, I don't know! Am thinking they may leave out the Quinn character all together at this rate!...maybe even go onto a completely original, non-book adventure next season?

In the end, one thing amuses me more than anything else...Aunt Petunia finally got her powers!

August 22, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Westgrl

I am disappointed in this season. I kept waiting for it to kick in but now with just a few episodes left, I am sad to realize it won't. Last season was amazing. I would wait anxiously for each episode & this season is just "eh". Eric's new self is very boring, almost like a child, and Bill as King just isn't working. I really expected this season to blow everyone away & instead its just fizzling out.

August 22, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  61. BBK

I THINK DA SHOW STUNK....THEY ARE GETTIN TOO RIDICULOUS...COME-ON MAN..LETS GET BACK TO SEASON 1...OR SOMTHIN LIKE IT

August 22, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  62. C

It was alright episode....needed more Jessica.

August 22, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Aaron

Love the books and up until now I have loved the show. Alan Ball has changed too much...he's pretty much written out storylines that I liked (Tara owning a store, married to JB) and done away with critical plot points for the future (Jason is a werepanther, the Fae War) to the point where I'm just frustrated with it. Too many subplots by minor characters that aren't necessary (I don't care that Andy is a junkie) and what was the point of that that dream other than to get Sookie is a red nightie? I'll finish out the season but it's going to be hard to continue this much longer if his writing doesn't get better for season 5.

August 22, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Blah blah .. Vampire Emergency .. Blah

Someone please wake me up when this season actually get interesting. I've actually started channel surfing rather than sit through most of these pathetic sub plots.

August 22, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Giuliano

I have loved every minute of this season and all the others... It's 12 weeks of guilty pleasure out of each year... I'm only sorry that there are only 3 more episodes left. I haven't read the books and don't plan on reading them until after the series ends entirely. Way too much whining about the show not being close enough to the books. If I were that disppointed, I don't think I'd bother to watch the show week after week and I most certainly wouldn't waste any time posting about them. Geez... Misery does love company. Alan Ball, please keep doing what you're doing. I think you're doing a fantastic job.

August 22, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Jeff R.

At the Tolerance bash, Bill said "It's like a civil rights march without black people" which he was quickly corrected "It's African-American". Please experts, let us know which is correct. I thought 'black' was ok now? It changes every two years so I can't keep up.

August 22, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lynn

I think the correct thing to say is MORON. As i n Jeff R. is a MORON who I'm shocked is able to wake up every morning, brush his teeth, take a shower, and get dressed without blowing up himself and every person in the vicinity.

August 22, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bunny

Depends on whether or not they're from the US, doesn't it? I have black friends who are from the UK who'd whup you for calling them "African Americans".

August 22, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Big bore

A few clever one liners can't come close to holding your attention when every characters has turned either annoying or boring. Before this season I never once thought of channel surfing during an episode. Now it's the norm.

August 22, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  68. loJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKWCGocD56Q&w=640&h=390]

August 22, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Erics_Brotha

I read the book and I understand the entire memory thing but It has gone on too long. Also the witches are way to into this season. The entire plot is a yawn fest!!! I hope they give erci's memory back soon. I am glad to see Tara back on Sookie's side, But I want Eric back now!!!!!!!!

August 22, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  70. aaron

"Werewolf, I need you to shut the fu*# up"
    "It's like a civil rights protest without black people. They are called African Americans." –This was classic

August 22, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Eric

They apparently have jumped the shark this season.

August 22, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Chang

Once Eggs got wacked the series has gone down hill,...since then this show has been sucked dry.

August 22, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  73. harlee54

this is getting way way stupid....... I used to look forward to watching this series every Sunday, but now its just gotten a little to rediculous, you had a great series the first season , should have kept it to those main characters. adding the witches and the werewolves have almost done it for me!!!!! getting just a little too carried away!!!!

August 22, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  74. jim

I'm waiting for Henrietta at the Local Thrift Mart and Alice who works at the local swap mart to get there own subplot stories.

Ugh, too much going on. Did anyone who read the books wonder "Man, I wish they developed the character of Arlene more!!! Who cares!

Also, please kill Tommy off.................I keep getting made when Sam chickens out of doing it. 1 less subplot going on then.

August 22, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Alex

At this point, I think continuing to attempt to reconcile the show with the books is a losing proposition. Obviously, SOME plot points were borrowed from the source material, but that's about it.

However, seeing as how I've read the books and can't seem to judge adequately, I'll pose this question to those out there who only know the Sookie et. al. from the show... Are you watching these episodes, scratching your head and saying, "Huh?" or do can you follow what's going on? Like I said, a reader of the books can fill in some gaps here and there and make some assumptions, but if you've never read them, how are you making out this season??

August 22, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeannius

yes, Ball seems to have intentionally cut off a lot of book plot lines, many by killing off the characters which carried them....Sofie Anne is gone, Barry is trapped in Fairy Land and no database for Bill...so the big conference where they blow up the hotel is going to be hard to pull off, as is anything with Claudine. Of course, the detour down to New Orleans after Sookie's cousin is killed could still happen, but unless they want to invent a new 'Katrina', the reason for Amelia and gang to come north to Bon Temps is gone.....of course, with Sofie Anne gone, I have to wonder what happened to Hadley? Was she even turned? And Calvin was a jerk instead of a good guy and he and hotshot seem to be out of the picture since Jason does not seem to be a were panther after all...that could change of course, Jason always has been a little SLOW! Maybe next full moon? or else he will get one big batch of father's day cards next season? ...um..if anyone in Hotshot can write, that is!

Alcide's father is not in the running to be packmaster at this point....though I could see a showdown between him and marcus where they could work Quinn in...but if Sookie is still in love with both Bill and Eric, bringing in Quinn would be overkill.

Would have been interesting to introduce the Demon Lawyer and his half demon offspring....why do I picture Danny Devito in that roll? It seems to me, like maybe Ball is planning to move into a new adventure that won't follow the book at all....that way too, when Charlaine Harris finishes the series up, he won't have to follow that path to it's same conclusion.

August 22, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  76. LaLa

I LOVE IT and will continue to watch!

August 22, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  77. freddy

I Love this Series, altho, this season has moved soooo fast, I can not keep up. Too many story lines going on at one time and it moves so fast, My head seems to spin. I wish the season was longer. They need a bigger budget for more episodes for sure. Last nights episode was far out of the box with the 3sum dream sequence. Too hokey for me. I will keep watching, but its getting crazy wierd. Still a Huge fan.

August 22, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Chaosinmotion

While I have missed the last two episodes ( and not been that upset) I have read about them... and I do agree this season is all out turmoil. A lot going on for an hour long show... but isn't in my opionion as bad as last season or the worst of the worst season 2. The whole Hotshot plot just ruined last season for me, if I want to watch inbreeders I'll click over to Swamp People... at least the accents are genuine. I love Pam and Eric... and agree the docile Eric is a little off-putting... and the pairing with Sookie has no chemistry but I think a lot of that has to do with Ms Paquin... she is a very talented actress but she is way over doing it the last season or two. Her and Eric as love/hate adversaries is much more compelling than them as just lovers. Now her and Alcide... well we shall see what that will become... or at least I'm hoping anyway. Bill at least isn't a total sap this season, I was beginning to get ready for him to meet the True Death. The witch plot is ok... I think it's been handled a little to lightly... I want to see danger, excitement and drama but not in the vein of poor Tara... her character just rubs me the wrong way... they have yet to find her true balance... going from a victim to a lesbian boxer was just a little much for me... to extreme and I just don't see her turning on Sookie like she did.... she didn't even give her a chance to explain... I do love the Jason/Jessice angle... Hoyt was just getting to darn clingy and hokey... Jess needs a man not a Mama's boy. Andy... well what is there to say... I'm disappointed they turned him into a V junkie... I loved crusty Andy and they are doing his character a genuine disservice. This season had huge potential but it's being squandered... hope next season we can get back to the elements of the 1st season that made me clear my schedule every Sunday to tune in...

August 22, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  79. CK

If you don't like the show, why keep watching then whining about it. I for one enjoy it for what it is, a guilty pleasure. I must say I was surpised that I got a little weepy when Mavis (or is it Memphis) was reunited with her baby....so sad. I can't wait until Eric gets back to his bas ass self!

August 22, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rebecca

Amen CK

August 22, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angief

I totally agree CK! I'm glad you said it! Stop whinning! It is what it is! It's a silly show that let's you escape for a little bit! Enjoy or don't watch! Can't wait for next episode! I am a TB fan & will stay one!

August 22, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • ww

Finally. Someone said what needed to be said. Thanks, CK.

August 22, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Thomas

Andy's service revolver was NOT a revolver. It was a 9mm automatic.

August 22, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Francis

I'll just leave this here: http://membership.nrahq.org/. Gun-nut it up someplace else.

August 22, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thomas

Francis....You don't need to be a gun nut to know the difference. It's similar to holding an apple and calling it a strawberry.

P.S. I'm as pro-gun-control as they come.

August 22, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  81. tbaddict

My favorite line from the night "It's like a civil rights protest without any black people" Only good thing from last nights episode.

August 22, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • christina

there're called African American ! LMAO .... loved that line too

August 22, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  82. derry'o

I hade more fun watching SPONGBOB with my kid then last nights show. I'M about to find another way to spend sunday night.

August 22, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Tomasina

I totally agree with the other posts, way too many subplots going. That thing with Mavis was totally unnecessary. Bring back the vibe of last season and grab a few more ideas from the book.

August 22, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  84. wHaTeVeR!!!

I thought the whole Sookie/Bill/Eric story was STUPID!! As well as the creole ghost wanting to hold her baby!! WHATEVER!!!................................................Y A W N. The rest of the show's storyline was pretty good last night. The war of the witches and the vampires is getting interesting; I'll tell you one thing, I'm sure the actors who play the Antonio's legion of witches have to wipe their faces after each episode.. Because that Beyatch spits while she speaks....Get me an umbrella please!

August 22, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

I came to the conclusion that she probably spits because she is a classically trained theatre actress who is in the habit of enunciating and projecting onstage.

August 22, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • bitnar

...but I did love the way Lafayette said "behbee."

August 22, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bunny

I agree with Linda that the way Fiona Shaw projects comes from her stage training and experience. You can't help but expel a bit of spittle with the vitriol! Antonia is an interesting character with a lot more potential than they're showing (as can be said for most of them, with the way the storylines are splintered), but it's going to be a lot more fun to see how they kill her off at the end of the season than to watch them continue the witch theme.

August 22, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  85. angie

i loveee true blood but this season has bored me to tears. the whole amnesiac-eric thing was adorable in the beginning and his gentleness was such a tur-on.. now, i'm waiting for someone to bash his head on something, a la jessica/hoyt.

bring back the old eric and give pam more screen time!

... oh. and alcide's ass was a MASTERPIECE. thanks for that amazing surprise, AB!

August 22, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Viv

Masterpiece. That's a great description of Alcide's body. Right there with you!!! :)

August 22, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Dennis

Best line of the night.....Jason trying to get a handle on the scene when Jesus (hey-sus) pulls up ......?"Jesus (gee-us) what are you doing here" or something like that........funny play on terms!

August 22, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laura

Glad you mentioned that because that was one of the funniest moments for me. I thought the episode was good...

August 22, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  87. QuotesFan

That was a good quote.. my favorites:

"Too bad... he pulls good string..."
    and "You just killed my fairy godmother!"

August 22, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  88. sirmagnitude

I have been pretty patient with this season but last night was the final straw. This show has degenerated into an amorphous blob of sillyness which I no longer can take. It's now giving John from Cincinnati a run for its money for most idiotic show ever produced by HBO. SyFi's Sharktopus is more engrossing TV at this point.

August 22, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • EricLr

Hey, John From Cincinnati was one of the most clever series even produced on HBO. And True Blood is SUPPOSED to be silly. It's well aware of its own goofiness and has a lot of fun with it.

August 23, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  89. Candy

worst season yet. Not watching any longer.

August 22, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  90. TheManBehindTheCurtain

I wonder if as a season finally it will come out the were-cats fgure the moon cycles in the reverse order from were-wolves and humans. ie. were-cat's full moon is everybody elses new moon.

Be interesting to have poor Jason unexpectedly turn into a pather as the last sceen for this seaon.

August 22, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • EricLr

Good lord, PLEASE no more of those white trash were-panthers. Geez, that's one of the most annoying subplots of a series that's *filled* with annoying subplots. I never thought they would introduce a set of characters even more annoying than the redneck were-wolves.

August 23, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  91. LoopsFroot

I don't know what the heck is going on with this show but like the junkie I am, I'm hooked on it.. Give me more lol

August 22, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  92. JLGiff

Shark. Jump. Such a pity.

August 22, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  93. paul

My theory on Erik is simply this: Having sucked Sookie's blood, which we already know protects vampires from the daylight sun, it turns out it gives them greater power then before imagined. I think that ERIK is no longer under the contro of Marnie but working alongside of her to gain advantage, break her curses and then ultimately CRACK HER NECK and bid Antoina good bye.

Where was PAM last night?!!!!

August 22, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Shan

Paul, I am new to True Blood and have not read the books, so I definitely am not the most informed on the show. But, I actually thought this exact same thing was going to happen with Eric. If he was under a spell, how was he able to tell Sookie about Bill? I hope your theory is right because the witches have to go.

August 22, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Susan

Why don't they come up with a decent storyline for Tara?? She's just added space there. I realy liked her and Jason storyline especially since he used to protect her when they were children but all they do is put her in peril and make her a victim. Granted her storyline wasn't as pathetic as lat years but seriously if she weren't such a good actress i'd say kill her off...PS where's Lafayette's emmy nod??!

August 22, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  95. Dawn

I don't have cable, so i'm still watching Season 2 from Netflix. After reading these comments i'll take my time renting S4 when it comes out on dvd!

August 22, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Buzzwinkle

No, Dawn!!! Personally, I think it's the best season. Last night was a little lame, but it seems like they needed this to link to the end events. You should watch it soon! It's quite good!!!

August 22, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Lean6

Sookie has got to be the dumbest broad real or imagined. I'm getting sick of her story lines. She couldn't even make a g-bang seem mildly interesting. A repaired Pam deserved more air time yesterday...with her fine a$$!

August 22, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  97. Stacey

I am a HUGE fan of the books but this season has been a TRUE DUD. If they have another "witchy" episode, I'm going to douse myself in kerosene and set myself on fire. Debbie Pelt, why aren't you dead already? "King" Bill, you wish. Doesn't Charlaine Harris care about what is happening to the characters she has created? Lafayette, granted is a barely mentioned character in the book and has shined since the beginning but Andy Bellefluer–it's a horrible subplot and I wish someone would end his life. I like Jessica and Jason together, but even Jessica wasn't in the book not to mention Hoyt and Tara were barely mentioned as well. I'm all for new characters if it makes the storyline more interesting but geesh there has been almost a non-existent connection to the main book and it's becoming exhausting keeping up with the b.s. Alan Ball goes on to say that Bill is Sookie's true love, but the books say other wise. Please, someone hire a new director!

August 22, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

Trueblood, the show, is its own creation. Alan Ball based it on the books, but it's his own project, done with the author's blessing. Dexter is the same way. If you've already read the books, why would you WANT the tv show to be exactly the same as the books? It's a show INSPIRED by a book series. I for one think that better than trying to just illustrate a story that's already been told.

August 22, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Kelley

To answer Bob's question about Eric, yes in the book that corresponds to this season Eric does fall under an amnesiac spell and shacks up with Sookie in hiding. While Alan Ball does not follow the books too closely he has kept the main plot line present in the show that comes from the book, he just twists it a bit, in this season he has twisted it alot! Anyway, while I am a die-hard Trubie I too have felt this season to have too much going on for me to be able to be excited about any one thing going on... and there is only like what? 2, 3 episodes left? I haven't even been able to discern a plot line climax or anticipate one either. BUt like I said love True Blood, the characters and the actor whow portray them are amazing and that is what makes the show really work!

August 22, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  99. Susanfromwesthills

I am getting tired and bored with the Sookie/Eric storyline. I want the old Eric back...he was much more likeable...I love the story line with the witches and think they picked a perfect person to play her.....and I'm glad Tara is back to her ol' self!!! 3 more episodes.....what will happen next????????

August 22, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • LoveLafayette

I personally cannot get ENOUGH of naked Eric, & he's not even my type!

August 23, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • AllOverThePlace

The Eric/Sookie story is actually from the book and is part of the major underlying story.

August 23, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Ann

If I see one more dream sequence, I'm going to scream. It's a lame and contributed absolutely nothing to the story.

August 22, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Marta

I agree. I kept saying why are they wasting time with this dream sequence!? The episode could of been better.

August 22, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  101. oldbear 60

The witch has to die. Don't like her . besides if she was so powerful how'd the vamp inquisitioners do her in the first time. As to Sam's brother, he's on my list as #1 to skin slowly and leave in the swamps for the gator's. Letr's get'er done now. None of this carry on for another year waiting . Then we can bring back the fairies, add in some elves and gnomes and have Harry Potter and Frodo do guest appearances. This is some freaky stuff

August 22, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • bitnar

I'm getting tired of the Sam/Brother plot-line as well, although it is funny when the actor Sam Trammell is being pretending to be Tommy shifted into Sam. He's got the gruff walk down.

August 22, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roxane

I too am getting tired of Sam's brother. I am hoping he dies after getting beat to a pulp this last week!

August 23, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
    • EricLr

I actually kind of like Tommy. He's such an epic screw-up as to always be worth a good laugh. He reminds me of a cousin I have, the kind of guy who could be handed a mansion and the keys to a Rolls Royce and would FIND a way to be broke again within a week. Tommy has a unique talent for taking even the worst situation imaginable and finding a way to make it even worse. The poor kid makes even Jason Stackhouse look wise by comparison.

August 23, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  102. Laua

The whole show officially jumped the shark with that execrable Victoria's Secret dream sequence last night. I didn't think they could descend any further than last week's Snowy Nordic Frisk Complete With Giggles, but–sadly–I was wrong. The episode looked, sounded and felt like it was made for naughty 13-year-olds. Remember when the show (all too briefly) was genuinely scary, taut, sharp-edged, and clever? Seems like forever ago. I'm bummed. And I'm done with it.

August 22, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • oldbear60

I agree 1000 %. The problem is most american viewers can't tolerate good, intelligent drama mixed with fantasy and horror, so they start throwing all types of garbage into the mix. Can't wait for Game of Thrones.

August 22, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • KateB

Again and again I've almost stopped watching the series, only to grudgingly keep watching due to Eric, Pam, Lafayette and Jessica's characters...I should have stopped at the laughable "meat tree/Maenad" debacle early on *sigh*. This season has been ridiculous, absurd, sloppy, trite, overly-complicated, and boring. Don't film for the lowest common-denominator puhleeze!

August 22, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Amy

I agree 100%, even despite some good acting the bad acting and rediculous story lines are destroying what made this show popular

August 23, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joel

It sucks that it was only good during the first season. I couldn't get enough of it. Ever since then it has been on a downward spiral. That stupid thing where Lafayette becomes the dead woman was so incredibly dumb and boring. We didn't really need to waste countless minutes just to illustrate what was meant when he was called a medium. Alcid is totally useless, too.
      I'm really disappointed in Alan Ball. Six Feet Under is the greatest show to ever appear on television, and True Blood is just annoying and boring most of the time.

August 25, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mammy Jammy

Let's just all agree, this show is not good anymore. It's beyond stupid. I have officially deleted it from my DVR.

August 25, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Bob

The Sookie/Eric thing is the bulk of the books, Bill is only a passing thing. Bill is always in love with Sookie (and never King Bill), but doesn't get any play past the first couple of books. His character is a much bigger deal on the show than he is in the books. This season has effectively closed a lot of the plot lines from the books, e.g. the Faery War. I still eagerly await Sunday nights, but a lot of this season has been downright silly. I do like it that the series doesn't exactly follow the books – it will take you to a point (like Jason getting bitten by the were-panthers) and then come to an opposite conclusion, which is a fun twist that makes it surprising to reader/watchers.

August 22, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Roxane

I am glad that Bill gets more storyline time in the series than in the books (actually only read the first two). It wouldn't be as good without Bill.
      To those that said this season is not as good as the previous ones, I disagree. This season is very exciting! Each episode is great and I anticipate the next each week!

August 23, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  104. Bob

This season has been a disappointment, especially so coming after last year's episodes, the best of the entire series. This season, including last night's episode, has had way too many plots and subplots and, in general, has suffered because there has been no strong seasonal underlying foundation/subplot. Yes, I know that is a trademark of the series to have many subplots, but it has been way "too busy" this year. My daughter has read the books, and she has told me that the television series does not necessarily follow it faithfully. I am wondering about the character development of Eric Northman this year and if that was explored because of ratings. Was that plot line part of the book, because if it was not, the whole amnesic Eric/Sookie relationship has been a dud. The series requires a much more malevolent Eric. Still, I am looking forward to the next three episodes. Here's hoping the fifth season, most likely the final season, returns to True Form.

August 22, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • tania

Eric's amnesia was a plot in one of the books – how else would Sookie and Eric get together? It is one of the few plot points that has stayed true to the books. In the books, Bill never became king of LA, Lafayette died in the first book (I'm glad they changed that! Love my Lafayette!) and there was no Nan, Mavis or Tommy, among many other differences. The books and the show are both fun, but it's very confusing to keep them straight when you are watching one and reading the other.

August 22, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

Bob, yes, that plot line was part of the books. However, having said that, it's important that you realize that Alan Ball was given creative license...he does not follow the books to a T, nor does he try...nor SHOULD he. The show is it's own thing, and the books are separate. Many Trubies weren't huge fans of last season. This season is much better, much more fun and interesting and engaging. If you're just not into the show, you may ought to read the books and stick to them.

August 22, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • kathryn

Yes, the amnesia Sookie/Eric thing is in the books but doesn't last very long.

August 22, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • AthensGuy

I agree, not enough ti*ties (yet)

August 22, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • mallorywin

i'm an avid reader and i tend to like books that end up as movies or i would come to know the book after the movie or whatever-not usually on purpose, it is just one of those things. but i have learned that you have to treat the two as separate media and as separate stories. the books/shows do not at all match up in this case, with here and there things. however, i do prefer the books over the show. the show is a lot...ahem...more like soft core. the whole sookie and eric reunion was a little...unbelievable, vampire or no. not to mention anyone who has ever been to the south knows there are grass burrs that stick to EVERYTHING out in the grass and no one wants those on their goolies.

September 5, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chartreuxe

We here in the South call them sandspurs.

September 9, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  105. yo daddy

Hang on son, I will get you out. I do not want that to get messy.

August 22, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • bill northman

This season is just terrible. The scene where Hoyt asks Jason to take Jessica's things to her was an example of TERRIBLE acting. Those boys either just mailed that scene in or they shot it one time and called it a wrap. No emotion. No direction. Were they reading que cards? None of the characters this season are either interesting or likable. It's as if the show has developed the characters as far as they can go and left us with shallow people we would never want to hang out with in real life.

August 22, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • YBP

@ Bill Northman: Maybe, but Hoyt's acting in last weeks episode was outstanding...particularly during Jessica's dream. Jason is just eye-candy in any episode.

August 23, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Kate

It's called "camp", people. Hang on and enjoy the ride!

August 23, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |